Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The blonde accepts the hand, “Nice to meet you as well Philip,” a pretty…mundane…name for an Awakened, but whatever, “how you doing?” Acanthus had always seemed underrepresented in her opinion, so it was good to see one in the city.

Laughing, “Only said it because I tend to come in and out of the city.” Was meant to be a joke. “I’ve been gone a little over a year.” And it looked like a lot had changed in that time. Not seeing Phoenyx was upsetting. Maybe she was off on Arrow business? “Cookies and pastries? You all know how to welcome a girl!” another joke.

She recognizes the sign, after all, Campy had introduced her to the Mysterium, and had been an exceptional teacher. But she decides to be more covert, and simply offers a knowing smile and nod. While she tended to be a bit more forthcoming with her affiliation, she knew damn well the secrecy that surrounded it as well. And decided to respect it.

“Nice to meet you we well Chambers.”
    She begins, before frowning, “Everyone else has moved on?” not that there were that many of them, not after Campy left, but it was still upsetting. “Well, it’s something we can discuss later.” Order business was not everyones business.

So it was Philips job to Acknowledge her? Weird, but ok. Seems quite a bit has changed.

The Shaman was truly happy to see Winter was still here, he was a grounding force Sacramento needed. “Thank you! I’ve been ok, recently got back in the country a couple nights ago. And yourself?” she enjoyed his company, he didn’t talk much, but his words were always valuable.

Laughing, “Really old time.” She’d been in the city for, well, a lot. “And yes, hopefully, if you guys will have me.” Looking to Philip, who it seemed would decide this.

2. Likes Xander, liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

As Chambers introduced himself to her, Philip was watching the interaction and body language between Chambers and Aurora closely for any signs.
    2 successes

He didn`t know what exactly Chambers was doing or what it meant, but he was certain he`d seen him do something. He didn`t catch her subtle reply though, so he was left a bit dumbfounded by the subtlety of the exchange, something he hardly considered an exchange at all, although he was convinced they were secretly plotting, doing their information exchange rituals right before his nose. However, he also had to focus on acknowledging her, an at least somewhat-heavy burden, in his mind at least.
    So, it`s my job to acknowledge her. No pressure. Just hope they don`t hold me accountable for anything.
    he thought, slightly worried, despite not letting it show. Outwardly he maintained his pleasant countenance, smiling at her joke.
    "I`m great, work`s going great. Anyway, as long as you don`t know of any trouble that followed your return here and you`re up for being here a while, consider yourself acknowledged. Again, welcome Sacramento. And have a cookie and remember the bit about the dark side."
    he answered light-heartedly, which was only tempered by the air of seriousness of the words themselves. Despite his kind words though and the overall amicable situation, he still didn`t remove her from being a suspect in the forced entry into the Mysterium section.
    The question about others having moved on, Philip answered with a shrug, giving Winter and Aurora a questioning look before adding hopefully:
    "Yeah, let`s talk shop later. I`d love to hear stories about Awakened friends from times long past that visited here, some time."
    Admittedly, he was quite brazen in his greed for information. After all, the Mystagogue, who had only just arrived, was most likely quite tight-lipped and likely had even less than Winter to say on the matter, though he hoped his directness might yield some results.
    And who knows, maybe she`s more open than Chambers, she did reveal a second Mysterium rank as part of her introduction, so we`ll see.
    he pondered.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

To get a reaction from Winter is notable. One of those friends he mentioned if I have to wager. 'Yes hopefully indeed. We certainty aren't turning people away.' That was certain. Their numbers couldn't afford. And the more who know about the history of the city the better.

Hide secret signals with more arm movements 1 success
    He continues to articulate as he talks and listens but to the observant it does lack ... direction, intention something is clearly not the same as the opening gesture.

Smoothly done, and no chance on confusing that. The lack of response has him a little confused though. A smile and nod was not what he had been looking for. Okay so our first meeting will not be in the order wing then. Yes Winter is vouching for her, but its the site of a crime and it wouldn't be the first time guardians have snuck into our ranks. 'Just me I'm afraid. Things have likely changed a bit since last you were here.' He nods in turn. 'Indeed, later would be best.' Now the question is where would be best?

But what was interesting in the moment, was the new acknowledgement system. It would seem he has moved from indecisive to just handing it our before the applicant can even answer. Still known as she is that does eliminate a good deal of possibilities. He will offer a smile and voice no objections.

Oh opportunity for a shameless plug. 'Getting news out has proven a little tricky at the moment.' Back to the lack of structure and all. 'So I've been trialling using that.' He points to the corkboard leaning against a bookcase. Currently it only has his phone number pinned in the top corner. 'Something to keep an eye on.' It's been reasonably effective so far I think.
    Health
    Mana

6. Bump "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora wasn’t offering any signs or special hand movements, just nodding to Chambers, her body language is relaxed.

“Any trouble?” shaking her head, “Not that I’m aware of. I tend to lay low when I can.” Her fame sometimes made that difficult, but nothing magical as far as she knew. “I think I got traveling out of my system.” Laughing, “And thank you!” picking up a cookie, “Oh, I’ve seen the dark side, some fun people over there.” One always needed humor.

“Sure, not sure if the stories will be anything too exciting, but I’ll share what I can.” And keep secret what I feel I need to. “Anyone you were looking to hear about?” he mentioned friends after all.

Glancing to Chambers, “I’m sorry to hear so many have moved on. I While I’ve never seen the Mysterium thriving here with numbers, we did have a good amount before. But, so seems the ways of Sacramento, people coming and people going.” It was just how it was.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip was briefly considering provocatively asking Chambers and Aurora to include him in their secret welcome-to-the-clubhouse-greeting exchange, but thought better of it. After all, he didn`t notice Aurora`s response, so it hardly qualified as an exchange. On top of that, Winter was completely silent on the matter, possibly having picked up the subtlety too, but his expression was unreadable as usual. So, Philip figured he`d hold on to the information of Chambers` botched secret message delivery for some other more fun time to get the jump on him, letting nothing show outwardly of his discovery.
    Aurora`s question gets a shrug.
    "Not particularly. Just anyone and anything you think I should know about. But that did get me curious. Just how many Mystagogues were there at the peak? And who do you know from the dark side? Are we friends with Darth Vader, eh?"
    He grinned, while saying that last part about Darth Vader in a derpy accent in a really bad attempt to mimic a cross between Chambers and Obi-Wan Kenobi, inadvertently making a connection between Chambers and Aurora. This led to Philip giving Chambers an expectant look.
    Ok, perhaps I took that one a bit far. If he gets it that is. Which with my horrible acting isn`t exactly clear. Heh.
    he thought, with his own brand inward self-deprecatory humor.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

With no sign or pass coded Chambers takes a more reserved approach here. 'Well Philip lets get it sealed and sorted.' Seeing as the Enchanter seemed to have forgotten. 'Aurora has told us everything we needed to know and brings no trouble so does she pass acknowledgment?' Time would tell if he trusted her with order secrets. I misread Witch after all.

He nods. 'I think we are both eager to learn anything we can of the city and circles past.' It would be interesting just on the subject alone. 'If for no other reason then it would help us in the here and now.' We are dangerously uninformed of what the city could offer.

He shrugs. 'Different orders have varying membership all over.' Although you can normally count on the Mysterium. That conversation was definitely for behind closed doors. 'The path we walk can take us to unexpected places.' The way to ascension was unpredictable, unknown and full of challenges that required who knows what to surmount.

He raises an eyebrow and gives Philip a slow head turn. Was that an impression of me? 'Your British accent needs work. And I wouldn't be so cavalier about this if I where you.' His voice might be serious but he turns away to hide a growing smirk. 'For always two there are.' His own impersonation of Yoda is awful.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Padawans", he mutters under his breath, before returning to more serious topics, "Glad you're back, there are a couple of new faces as well, but they're strangely absent today. Still, I hope we can catch up", he shrugs "As for your acknowledge, it seems Philips got it out of the way. Have you settled already? The old place is still available I think"

13. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Ah, ok. I’ll have to think about it, see if there was anyone really worth mentioning, there have been a lot of people I’ve seen come and go. Few have made an impression that I would deem worthy of talking about.” There were a few thought. “Uh, lets see, when I joined, we had two, including myself. That number grew to there being a massive four of us. But I believe when I first got here there were at least six or seven.” It was a lot to her, who had seen the numbers change frequently. A sly smile, “I can’t tell you that, I’ve been sworn to secrecy.” A wink added at her own joke, not saying anything on his own. But the look to Chambers was curious, was there something there? Maybe an inside joke?

She figured she passed acknowledgement, afterall, she had defended the fucking place during the Time War. She had helped attack a Seer base, taking out three maybe four of them on her own.
    But she hadn’t shared that, so for now, she just looks back and forth between the two.

“Knowing of the past has its benefits, but sometimes, things are best left resting in the past and not dug up. I’m willing to talk about what I experienced, but within reason.” There were somethings she wanted to leave in the past, some things that did the here and now no good. “Though I am curious as to why the past helps the here and now.” Unless they just enjoyed story time.

“I personally, enjoy when the membership is smaller. I find it easier to get to know who I’m working with and who I can trust.” And maybe that was just her.

Now an eyebrow arches, so there was something there. What it was, she didn’t know, but it was worth watching. But not her circus and not her monkeys.

Catching what Winter says, she chuckles to herself. She got the reference, who hasn’t seen Star Wars?! But wasn’t as comfortable making the references.

“Thanks! Good to be home.”
    She had never intended to be gone permanently. “I’d like that, I can get the grill going if you want.” It was always welcome to catch up and talk with him, he was good company. “Sort of, I’d still been paying my rent, so the landlord kept the place up for me. Just a matter of doing a deep clean and getting back to work.”

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Yes, to make it clear, you are acknowledged Aurora.
    he said, nodding to Winter to reaffirm his statement but also rasing an eyebrow at Chambers as he thought that had already been taken care of, her being a friend of Winter`s and seemingly old member of the Consilium returning once again.
    As long as there were no objections.
    Which according to his understanding of their new acknowledgement system, there wouldn`t wouldn`t be unless he made a gross error in judgement, which he so far had no reason to believe that he did. After all Innocent until proven guilty, or so the motto goes I think?
    He then turned his attention to Chambers` point.
    "I can only echo that sentiment, we need to know what we`re up against. And any help in figuring that out would be appreciated. Winter suggested a project to restart the mapping of the city`s hallows and ley lines. Were you involved in the initial project too?"
    Philip`s pun had been quite deep, making him slightly worried when he noticed he`d inadvertently made the connection between Aurora and Chambers and potentially even his secret message, the knowledge of which he`d hoped to keep secret. Chambers being Moros also added a layer of depth to the dark side and Darth Vader comparison, which meant Chambers had inadvertently trolled him.

But it seemed he hadn`t noticed the depth of Philip`s joke yet. So Chambers` comment made him chuckle as it seemed he hadn`t gotten it, so he gave Chambers a light-hearted response. "Guilty as charged, I grew up in a rural place in the states so can`t say I had much practice. And as for cavalier, whatever do you mean?"
    he asked with a frown, after all perhaps they`d inadvertently talked past each other. But he grinned when Chambers made the Star Wars pun about master and apprentice, getting into a joking mood as well. But then the situation turned completely bizarre for he didn`t expect Winter to do his own Star Wars pun. And even more than the deeper meaning behind his own joke, Philip took to interpret Winter`s one-word pun `Padawans` as a sting at the inexperience of the newcomers, which no doubt to Winter only were him and Chambers and not Aurora.

He then turned to Aurora, recounting what she said and what he knew about the number of Mystagogues in the Consilium.
    "That sounds like quite a ride, from seven to two then back up to four and now back up to two again."
    he then emphasized, also playing along with her joke with a wink:
    "That goes without saying, of course you only share what you feel is reasonable. But yeah, the past lets us better understand what we`re facing now by knowing the path to the present. And yes, that`s also a way to find out who`s trustworthy."
    Then, he was taken aback.
    I`d heard Thyrsus were a little quirky, but a barbecue so soon after arrival is my kind of idea! HAYO! he thought, excited.
    "A barbecue? At this time of year? Count me in! I`ll bring cookies and drinks!"
    he said, completely and unexpectedly changing the topic, ignoring his own previously serious words and discussion about the past, when she mentioned turning on the grill.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Winters chime in gets a grin and chuckle from the Necromancer. It was rather unexpected, and very well placed. Connotations understood. I might lack in experience but I more then make up for it in willingness. 'Indeed Master Winter.' If any of us have the stoicism to be a Jedi master Its him.

He gives Philip a nod. There I think that covers it without leaving anything uncertain. And who better to practice the new system on then someone who has a vouch for her character. 'So welcome, or welcome back I should say.' To the Sharman. Warm smile on his face. For now she remains a mystery to the Necromancer but a welcome one. It definitely can't hurt to have another experienced awakened around the city.

'Your secrets are yours.' He assures Aurora. Best make that clear, pushing for more then would be given was a fast way to lose out entirely. 'My interests are mainly in knowing if there are locations that need to be monitored.' He gestures to Philip, affirming what he had already stated. 'Hallows, ley lines and the like for certain.' To Winter. 'We were going to discuss moving forward with restarting that map at the last Consilium meeting but ran out of time.' No matter, there will always be another. 'But also on the other side. Hot spots of activity. Recurring dangers. Things like that.' Every city has its patterns and learning Sacramento's would be useful.

He waves off Philips explanation with a laugh. 'Your fine. It was all part of the set up.' Seem serious only to make a joke, classic humour stuff. Clearly didn't land as well as I hoped. The rural states is noted but of of course barely narrows anything down.

The talk of Mysterium past does interest him, but he assumes there will be time and talks of that before to long. thus doesn't chime in. And at some point in that down to zero. 'Smaller has its benefits, but a larger group can tackle more. Has more resources, specialities things like that.' And we have a large city to mind.

'Um. Philip.' He tries to quietly get the enchanters attention and then looks between Aurora and Winter, the ones who clearly had history, discussing a BBQ. 'If your offering to host a Consilium cook out, I'm more then happy to contribute.' Trying to offer him a way out of what Chambers sees as a social fopaux. You don't invite yourself to someone catch up with an old friend.
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread