DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.
    Health
    Mana

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The official meeting had gone as well as he could have hoped, some stuff got addressed. Issues raised and everyone kept civil. always a good thing in politics.

He is in a good mood tunelessly humming something that no one could recognise because its so distorted from what it intended to be. However the scent of sweet baked good permeates the air as the mixed Berry tarts he had brought with him in case he ran into anyone today, or to eat later if not had turned out great.

Robes swirling around he takes up a seat and sets to reading. The circle was nice for tasks like this. Large, quiet and the only company that would find him would people he enjoyed seeing.

mixed berry tarts 11 suxx aka an exceptional success at baking
    Health
    Mana

3. Likes Xander liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Philip arrived at the Circle to find the delicious smell of food wafting through the air. He`d brought some water bottles and chocolate chip cookies too, again. The more the better to entice people to his dark side of thinking, he thought while laughing internally at his horrible attempt at a joke. After all, the smell overwhelmed anything he could have possibly brought. Dressed casually in a gray shirt with his usual running shoes and blue jeans, he smiled when he saw Chambers and the effort he put into his cooking again, when he entered the edifice.

"Hi. Whatever you made, wow that smells delicious! What is it? I mean, I brought some water and cookies but I can`t possibly compete with that. I take it you made it yourself, like your pie at last month`s Consilium?"

Despite his smiles and casual dress though, he was always on the job when in the presence of fellow awakened. So he changed the topic to business and the previous month`s Consilium after a beat.

"Sorry that the discussion about new admittance took so long because of me, I really just wanted to play devil`s advocate. So we didn`t manage to cover the Ley lines and Hallows mapping project Winter suggested in as much detail as I`d have liked. So that was kinda a bummer. Sorry about that."

he said apologetically.

"Anyway, I hope you`re doing great. With the breach in the Mysterium section and all that I mean. That must be unsettling. We just have to keep our eyes open and not jump to any conclusions, although I`d still love to know who did it. And I could help you take a look at it using time or fate Arcana if you think that might help."

he said, trying to downplay what he`d said right before by slightly changing the topic and trying to make himself useful. It was after all a point of disappointment for him that the biggest point on the agenda had been left unadressed, potentially even because of him and they`d only taken care of organisational planning for new potential admittances in the future.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

As the sound of someone approaching pulls him from his reading Chambers puts the idea of maybe lighting up his pipe from his mind, the thought had been distracting him anyway.

He offers Philip a smile in welcome. 'Philip, hello. Doing well I trust?' He pushes the packet of stacked pastry's towards the enchanter. 'Thanks, mixed berry tarts. I fancied something sharp but sweet. Please help yourself.' It was always nice to be complimented for something he had put effort into. Then nodding. 'Yes. I've been really getting into my cooking, baking and the like recently.' There was something satisfying to it. And I'm pretty good if I do so say so myself.

I'm not sure you know what that term means, because that is definitely not how its used. But Chambers does recognise this for what it is, an apology. He waves a hand dismissing any idea that he judged the Enchanter poorly. 'I'd prefer to talk things out thoroughly. Better get everything sorted then find holes or problems later.' And we managed to work as a team to resolve it, even if its over something small a good first step. 'Besides the ley lines shouldn't be going anywhere.' I certainty hope not. 'And new arrivals could happen upon us at any moment.' Hence it was a higher matter of priority. 'Besides we can always have another meeting, I was thinking in April. Three months isn't to long between them that things go unaddressed but gives us time to act on or trial any decision we do get around to.' Good to seed that early.

Chambers chuckles good naturedly. 'You and me both. Right now I've got fingers crossed on it being whoever the last mystagogue was.' But we can't rule out malicious factors. 'Its the mundane nature of the break in that befuddles me. Bypassing a lock with magic isn't that difficult.' There shouldn't be a need to remove it entirely. 'I don't suspect anyone here.' Chambers clarifies that. 'I wouldn't have brought it up if I did.' Which considering our composition many would be more suspicious in my shoes. 'That's kind of you, and October has offered the same. Only we would need to know how long its stood vacant for that to even stand a chance otherwise we are scrambling in the dark.' And besides.' Have you noticed using magic to try and affect the circle is rather difficult.' A light seems to go on. 'Hence the physical nature of the break in.' How did I not see that before.
    Health
    Mana

7. Likes Xander liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Difficult but not impossible", he says as he steps toward the central nave, an unlit cigarette bobbing in his mouth, "In both cases there are ways to track down resonance shifts".
    It seems he's in good humor, at least by his tone. "Hello"

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He turns grateful he had already stirred from his reading, otherwise the quiet approach could well have made the necromancer jump. 'Oh I never said impossible.' He offers Winter a smile in welcome. 'Just very challenging.' Yes and once our agreement gets underway may haps I'll be able to start having a look for those. 'Its good to see you Winter. Have you been well?' Chambers will push the pastries to be central enough that anyone can help themselves not that he is expecting it at this point.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

How long had it been this time? To be honest, she wasn’t sure. Having been overseas touring with multiple shows a day and night, she lost track of time. Plus, keeping track of time wasn’t her wheel house anymore, and hadn’t been for a while. Yet…it was still there, a tiny voice of her past that never let her forget about it.

But after all these years, and all the times she left, Sacramento kept calling her back. It had, in a way, become her own base. The place where she had roots and friends, where she had felt comfortable.

Though had it changed since she left? The Awakened of the city were always changing, some coming and most going. Would there be any there that she knew? One way to find out.

Pushing through the doors, her kitten heels announcing her approach, she found herself hoping Phoenyx was still around. The Arrow having become a best friend, one she could always trust and count on.

The Thyrsus wore leather pants and a loose-fitting white shirt, her blonde hair up in a messy ponytail of sorts. Inwardly, she frowns as she doesn’t see Phoenyx, but does see Winter, and unfamiliar faces. But hey, Winter was there, and that worked for her.

A smirk touching her lips as she walks up, “Winter, a familiar face! How you been? Keeping out of trouble I hope.” Joking with him.

The other two, “And two I don’t know! I’m Aurora, Acquisitor of the Mysterium and your resident Thyrsus!”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Chambers` info on the difficulty of magic use in the circle explained the physical nature of the break in as he said, and deepened the mystery, leaving Philip lost in thought. Then some time passed and Philip noticed Winter come in, who joined the conversation and with his few words cut right to the heart of the matter. It seemed that while the Circle was mostly proof against magic it was still possible, if difficult to detect hermetic resonances that might be connected to resonance shifts from hypothetical crimes.
    "Hi Winter, that`s very interesting and reassuring. Makes things easier for us, if we want to to go that route."
    He said responding warmly and sincerely to Winter`s arrival and words as he briefly returned from his thoughts to greet him as Winter added new ones.
    But Philip didn`t get much time to think about that after that, because a beautiful unknown lady entered the Circle who seemed to know Winter and give off the air of owning the place.
    As she introduced herself as Acquisitor he remembered Chambers` words about the Mysterium from his frank conversation with him, which loomed in his mind:
    `Curator is the only publicly facing rank within the Mysterium. The rest I`m sworn to secrecy over.`
    Being Mysterium, it seemed interesting that she apparently didn`t know Chambers by reputation, and had revealed a now second rank within the Mysterium which Chambers hadn`t mentioned. All of which earned Chambers an eyebrow. Then, like he`d done with others before her he went up to her and greeted her with a smile and an offered hand to shake.
    "Nice to meet you. I`m Philip. Member of the Free Council and Acanthus."
    He then turned to think again.
    "You said you`re a resident here? You must `ve been gone a while then, nice to have you back I guess. Have a cookie, or some of the pastries that one over there made, and make yourself at home."
    he said pointing to Chambers and the pastries as a good natured jest, leaving it to Chambers to introduce himself to her.
    Hopefully that didn`t come across as too forward for Chambers, he thought.
    Let`s see. If I`m wrong and either of them do know the other by reputation, they certainly haven`t shown it yet. he thought about Chambers and Aurora, looking at the two and judging their reactions.
    Should be interesting to see how two Mystagogues interact with each other in public and what they reveal. he thought curiously, though of course letting none of this curiosity or anxiety show outwardly.
    After all, who knows? Maybe she knows more about the forced entry into the Mysterium section? But let`s not reveal that information yet, in case she`s somehow involved. After all, she may be beautiful, Mysterium and know how to smile, but that still doesn`t completely preclude her as a suspect! he thought sternly but still somewhat suspiciously of the new, old? arrival.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Is he thinking? or has he zoned out he's so stoic its hard to tell sometimes? Either way he'll speak when something needs to be said, he like an old wise mentor that way. Leaving Winter to his thoughts for the time being.

Chambers will turn at the sound of heels ready to greet what he thinks will be October. Only to be caught in a pause as he was dead wrong. Much like October the women approaching was beautiful, fashionable and had a similar air of knowing herself. But while October had been enchanting, drawn the eye in and seemed possessed of a quiet assured strength. This women's sense of confidence radiated out and was unmistakeable, unmissable and held attention without needing to speak a word. Somehow it put Chambers in mind of pictures you see of ancient world leaders always sculpted in a way that made them look effortlessly imperious and in control.

A returning mystagogue! Who knows Winter. Could she be one o the mages he was referring to? 'Hi.' He offers her a smile an as Philip offers food will nod to the mixed berry pastries. 'Yes please help yourself.' His gestures with his hands towards the pastries bring both palms almost together perpendicular to each other tunnelling the focus of the eye and placing the package to be seen through the gap between his palms
    Chambers is making the secret hand sign of A neokoros Superior
    Best do my due diligence anyone can claim anything after all. And better make sure I don't get it wrong this time.

'Delighted to meet you Aroura. Welcome back to Sacramento.' He indicates himself. 'Chambers. A fellow and currently only other Mystagogue in the circle. Consequently I don't have faction affiliation, been having to do a bit of everything.' Chambers doesn't notice Philips eyebrow, his attention is very much elsewhere. 'If you looking for acknowledgement today we are doing it by path.' Great opportunity to try the new system. 'But with no other Thyrsus around.' He was discounting Walker's return at this point. 'The honour goes to whoever makes first contact.' He looks to Philip now. 'So It would seem that's your job today.' The Enchanter had got the first word in. And I'm curious to see if you handle this better then Walkers. Besides I think She and I will have a lot to talk about soon enough anyway.
    Health
    Mana

16. Likes Xander liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Aurora's return wasn't something he had anticipated, not to say it was unwelcome, it's just that - even if briefly - his face shows an expression of pleased surprise.
    "Welcome back", he mouths off softly, "how have you been?", he asks the old friend. "Everything is alright", he nods at the others, "Aurora is an old time resident, a returning one at that, hopefully"
    They have a lot of catching up to do.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread