Witch
Status
Winter
Status
Philip Crosen
Status
Walker
Status
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

'Naturally, today is an important day.' That he was nervous seems to be evident, but he's pushing forward. Today is the first real sign of anything happening that could be considered progress. 'Homemade or not everything is appreciated.' He does smile warmly. 'And in a good mood yourself it seems.' But when doesn't she seem to be in a good mood, and that's appreciated as well.

'Witch hi, good to see you.' Dressed up as well evidently. He nods to confirm Philip's Sentiment. 'Philip said it best. Just glad your here. Tuck in there is plenty to go around.' Dam look at him go he's really taking this seriously. Good stuff Philip. I wonder if this is what he's like with those clients he mentioned? The enchanter might notice that Chambers gives him a grateful look in passing.

'Speaking of waiting allow me to start serving stuff up, so we're all ready when we get to go time.' And Chambers will move to start making sure everyone has what they want food wise.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and wave as Witch entered, then a shake of her head, “Bringing something was just a suggestion, not something that was mandatory or anything, so no worries. But good to see you! How you been?” pouring herself some of the hot drink without alcohol, at least, for now. Might need the spiked version soon.

To Philip, “Good to hear! Been settling back in ok, work hasn’t left much free time lately, but, so goes it you know.” It was the field she choose.

“Mine? They’re simply from a bakery that I pass by on my way to work. Heard some good things about them and decided to give them a try. Just your basic fruit pies and they’re homemade bread, also heard they make their own butter and jam. So not much to say about them.” She didn’t make them.

Laughing, “Well, that’s good, because if I had tried to make homemade, we’d all be sick.” And that explains her cooking skills.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He arrives a bit too late for his tastes, he's somehow managed to pull a jacket that is a lil bit more elegant than usual. With him, he's carrying a small pot, figured he lived up to his word.
    "Apologies for the lateness", he says noticing the others are already there.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip noticed Chambers` look, and gave him a curt, understanding nod. This brought him back to the previous conversation with Chambers about his robe.

No hidden meaning? Everything has a hidden meaning. But I suppose I`ll have to take your word for it for now.

he thought, slightly exasperatedly, before turning to October, who was serendipidously voicing what he`d thought when Witch gave her apology. Eventually, October went over to answering his question about her food, giving her an appreciative nod as she explained.

Homemade, from the baker? Now, there`s a contradiction of words. he thought incredulously.

But I suppose it`s possible she frequents that one extremely high-end baker one of my clients mentioned. That might be homemade, I guess.

he thought, almost losing himself in thought before her response about her work situation gets a chuckle.

"Well aint that the truth. It`s way too hard to find free time these days."

Eventually, he went back to his seat. He gave October a grateful nod as he took a nice big slice of one of her fruit pies, downing it with a sip of alcoholic hot punch after he was done with his glass of water.

"Oh, that goes together really nicely, thanks." he said gratefully, shrugging off her comment about not being a good cook, or baker in this case.

Some time passed, and Philip had just finished this latest slice of pie and his cup of hot punch, feeling the warmth spreading throughout his body from the alcoholic variety, when Winter arrived as the last member of the group. That was, unless Walker made a surprise appearance. As he did with the others, he went over to him and gave him his hand to shake in a professional and detached manner. And as he did so, he said:

"No need to apologise for anything. You`re here and that means we`re complete, I think. Grab a chair and have some of the pies, bread, and drinks we`ve brought."

he said cordially and welcomingly, while gesturing around the table and explaining the menu like he`d done with October and Witch before him, including the additions October had mentioned after his earlier question. After a beat, he continued:

"Now that we`re all here, I`d say we make a start. If there`s anything anyone wants to say before we begin?"

he said, giving everyone the chance to speak, before, with a dramatic pause, continuing:

"Otherwise, Chambers, I believe you had made a list regarding the agenda for this meeting."

he said, giving the floor to Chambers but also looking to each member of the Consilium present in turn, with a questioning look.

"Unless anyone has an objection to this?"

he asked, giving everyone the chance to say their piece, or refuse, or refuse his proposed course of action, but with the firm intention of getting to the matters at hand, eventually, despite potential refusals.

They would have been handled at the previous month`s informal meetings anyway.

he thought hopefully but slightly sheepishly, while looking at the others questioningly.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

And that makes five, just in the nick of time. ‘Winter hello. Actually, I think you managed arrive almost exactly on time for things to get underway.’ With everyone present it suddenly seemed a bit more real. ‘Please help yourself to anything.’ Nodding to the table.

Chambers himself has a bowl of his own Shepard’s pie with bread cut from Octobers contributions and Philips non-alcoholic punch and cookies for nibbling afterwards. All in all, it did a lot to quell the sense of pressure. Full and warm and with everyone clearly having made an effort, this was so far going better then the Necromancer had thought it would. Granted the hard part hasn’t come yet.

Philip in particular was impressing him, all the airs of a gracious and welcoming host, seemingly taking the situation in stride and even helping to move things along into the official business. Such Chambers has no objections as the Enchanter pushes to bring the real reason for the day to the fore.

Nodding. He himself slipping out of the more casual airs and adopting a straighter seating position and composing himself. ‘Yes, I’ve written up copies for everyone just in case.’ Handing out agendas to those that need them. ‘First order of business. October you have something you want to suggest.’ He looks to the Enchantress. Having some idea of what it was from the discussion that led to this, Chambers is careful to not give anything away and let her put it forward in her own words.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

"Thank you," Witch said genuinely at Philip's compliment on her outfit, though she simply nodded a greeting in response to his offered hand, her own remaining at her side.

Just Winter? She wasn't sure she heard correctly, but after the mentioned man arrived, he pushed again that 5 of them completed the acknowledged of the city. That was interesting. Walker must have done as he had hinted he had a tendency to do, walk. And it made sense that Philip would be the one to know. So instead of questioning the sudden departure, she accepted his word and moved to the table.

Taking a seat, she didn't pull herself a plate yet. She didn't have to wait long before there was a call to order. Time to see how this group did official business it seemed.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Why was Philip being so accommodating about this? He had been against it when he learned about it, and now he was all about it. She didn’t want to think he was just putting a show on, but she had to wonder. One doesn’t change sides that quickly.

And just like that, it was time to present her thoughts it seemed. She was not expecting this to approved or anything, but it never hurt to put it out there. Get the door open and discussions flowing.

“I had just been thinking about how long acknowledgements took. Sure, I screwed up with how I worded things when I arrived, but it still took a couple months. Sacramento does things differently then other cities, not a bad thing. But it’s off putting for new arrivals to have to attend multiple meetings just to get the thumbs up.” Public speaking was never her thing, so she was probably not explaining things well. Whatever.

“So my idea had been why not have one person, that we, as a whole, decide on, vote on if you like, do the Acknowledgements? This can be a position that changes if need be. But it makes the process quicker for a new arrival, and removes someone using personal feelings or assumptions from prolonging the process. Ideally, someone who can be neutral, but I understand that is difficult. There would be no power or anything with it, just someone to go to for Acknowledgements. Hell, we could even all agree on a set of criteria we want to see.” A sip of her drink, “It’s just an idea to try and make meetings go quicker. But again, it would be something everyone would have to agree on and support.” And if not, then she tried.

9. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"It's a good idea to simplify the process, this person could act as an unofficial voice. However the question remains, do we really need something like that at this time? I pray we grow so much that vetting newcomers will require an appointed official, or unofficial for the matter", he says, slouching on one of the benches.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip was surprised. She smiled, but it seemed Witch really didn`t want to give him her hand.

If I didn`t know any better, I`d say she snubbed me big time.

he thought. But he didn`t have much time to think about that slight, as the other business soon dominated the conversation. Nevertheless, in that short time he made a mental note to think about it later. Bu this business came quickly. After he`d suggested they begin, Chambers passed around his itinerary lists to everyone, with Philip grabbing a copy and studying it thoroughly, after he`d finished briefly scanning the most important items. He made a note to scan it into his ever-expanding database of lore and supernal information as soon as he got an opportunity. After all, taking a picture, like somebody who takes pictures of everything, just wouldn`t do in this auspicious assembly. He did however manage to have his laptop unpacked by that time, and he was busy typing some useful notesas people said them, between drinking some, this time non-alcoholic hot punch. And soon October introduced the first issue to be debated. Philip was immediately off-put, though. Sure, he didn`t mind authority figures, but he absolutely despised them when they did something he didn`t like.

And October is suggesting to give someone power over Acknowledgements while also saying that person wouldn`t have extra power?

Food rotations had also been discussed the previous month, and Philip immediately compared those discussions from the previous month`s Circle meetings with October`s new proposal. Bringing food seemingly was voluntary, and the rotation aspect of it semi-voluntary too as he`d understood it, but giving someone Charge of all Acknowledgments over a set period? That was giving someone power, however October formulated it, and panic set in.

What if they use that position to do something I disagree with?

he thought semi-pettily but again, also slightly alarmist. But he managed to calm himself internally in order to strike a neutral and good-natured expression and tone as he gave a detailed refutation of some of her points.

Hopefully she doesn`t hate me for this.

he thought briefly to himself in between points.

"So the thing is: Yeah, do we really expect a bunch of people to want to suddenly be acknowledged here to make it worth it? And I also don`t really know what you mean: You`re saying this position won`t have power, but by defining the position you are by definition concentrating power in at least some degree. And doesn`t your idea sidestep the question of legitimate concerns individual members here might have against some newcomers. And doesn`t this effectively require us to agree after the fact? Wouldn`t any unilateral decisions by someone in this position create friction? So let`s just say we`d have to be in complete agreement on it."

he ended, slightly matter-of-factly, but not condescending or rude, before stopping to think about the word `criteria` she mentioned.

"Just what sort of criteria do you mean? I mean that might take a while for us to hash out and agree on, too."

He ended his verbal `opinion-piece` slightly more conciliatory.

" But, despite what I said, I`m not completely opposed to the idea. It might just take some time to implement."

he said, mainly looking at October, but also looking around at the three other members present, studying each intently, before going back to October. After all, he`d partially pretty stingingly criticised her, only ending slightly more positively and he was curious how that shift, or indeed anything he`d said was received. By all, but especially October, as the instigator of this initial point of discussion.

He`d raise the question of stenographic record keeping of this Consilium meeting after the first round of debating was over. After all, that would qualify as a major procedural question, so he bided his time.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

With business under way Chambers has entwined his fingers and with hands resting on the table as he looks between each speaker. Witch quiet and watching. Winter concise and trying? to be helpful. And Philip largely opposed it would seem. For what had seemed the easiest and most straight forward item it looks like this might be all that is accomplished today. So be it, better its done properly.

He chimes in. 'October's acknowledgement was not the only one to take multiple meetings. Mine did as well. And Walkers well that process was borderline painful and not helped because he had no one to go to, no path representative.' He looks around the gathered mages. 'I think its fair to say the current way things are handled lacks direction. And consequently becomes a deterrent. It is not effective.' He lets the statement sit for a moment. Its clear which side of this he falls on.

He looks to Winter and then Philip as both had raised the objection. 'I don't think anyone here is expecting dozens of mages to pop out of the wood work looking to be acknowledged.' Unfortunate as it is. 'But that means having an effective system in place for those who do is even more vital. They need to be encouraged to stay. Not put off by our failure to prepare or lack of organisation.' Seriously we don't even have enough mages to form two cabals here.

Ah there he is. The enchanter arguing points that October had already offered solutions to is perplexing to the necromancer. 'We have all been through one, maybe more than one, acknowledgements.' It certainty hadn't been his first. 'We all know what it is we need to do.' One argument at a time. 'If your worried about consolidation of power. A rotation and set of predetermined questions can remove that. Having someone responsible just streamlines the process.' That's what he's worried about friction? 'Personality traits are not grounds to bar acknowledgement, people might show up one or more of us don't like, but those conflicts need to be handled maturely.' Don't let this become a war of ideology.

'What is needed is simple. Path and order so they can be directed to whoever is necessary. A brief run down of their history and any major things we should know about.' Really that's all it takes. 'That's no more then was required of me. To my knowledge we don't do deep dive background checks on people. We respect their secrecy and we expect the same respect.' Give and get. 'If they prove problematic in the future whether they were agreed by one or all none of us would have known better unless we start demanding more details.' Something I'd rather not do. 'So whoever did the acknowledging shouldn't be held to account providing they did at least as much as we currently do.' You were part of my acknowledgement Philip, would you hold yourself to account if I turned out to be left handed or worse?

Why does this seem so difficult its just do what we do already but faster and more efficiently. His hands have split as he spoke and move to articulate his points. Calm, measured and reasonable, if a little stern. Chambers clearly thinks a mountain is being made of a molehill at the moment.
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread