Witch
Status
Winter
Status
Philip Crosen
Status
Walker
Status
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Consilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

Today is for official business. The Awakened gather to announce, discuss, and deliberate on the most pressing issues facing the concilium. In this light the Circle is almost imposing, as it's enormity and importance seem to accentuate the gravity of the issues the Awakened face. Today maybe a day for heated debate and final judgment. For proclamations and newfound awareness. Ultimately though, today is what the Awakened choose to make of it.

Please read this for information on Consilium, Sanctuary, and the differences. Come here to be Recognized!

As a reminder, Consilium is the official meeting but business should not be handled until after the first seven days. This is to give everyone a chance to enter the thread without missing anything. After seven days the thread is closed to new arrivals and the official business may commence.

Health
    Mana

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Given he had been half of the driving force behind getting the event going it felt very important to be early, fortunately with good time management and an early enough alarm that wasn't to hard. Boxes in his arms clatter as they get placed on a table. Along with Copies of the agenda.

He begins moving chairs into place not giving anyone more priority than another. How very free council of me. But we have no functioning hierarchy so.

Getting back to the table bowls and utensils are placed out. Five for those he expected are separate and waiting, a smattering of others left in a pile in case of new arrivals. The largest container wrapped in tinfoil to preserve the heat is opened to reveal a Shepard’s pie a classic cold weather dish. One that while can be simply made, truly shines when the more challenging variants are attempted, as this was.

Cook Sheppard's pie 5/2 success achieved

Finally, pulled from the backpack, making its re-emergence, this time only to carry things he might need for the meeting and ease the journey on public transport, are his Robes exactly the same as always, which he pulls on.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

It was THE thing that was happening in January. It had been hinted at and discussed the previous month. And he still wasn`t completely over how self-righteous some of his colleagues had seemed. Nevertheless, he was told to dress appropriately and, although he`d balked at the idea initially, he did. So he came dressed in his black, polished business suit with white pants and polished black shoes, everything neatly trimmed, prim and proper as this was going to be important. And he`d come prepared. He`d cleared "however much time this would take" for this. This time, he`d even gone so far as taken a second backpack with him, too. The first was filled to the brim with 2 1-Liter bottles of still water, 4 large 1-Liter tightly closed thermos flasks of extremely hot punch, 2 each of alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties, plastic cups for everyone, and paper towels for good measure. With wheels, the first backpack almost looked like a suitcase. The second backpack contained some chocolate chip cookies in the same jar he`d shown off previously, and his 2-TB SSD, USB 4.0 cable, mobile phone, and his laptop. He`d carefully hidden his keys, ID and wallet just to be sure, though.
    Visibly straining under all of the weight, he huffed and puffed into the Consilium a few minutes before the agreed upon time and place.

Perhaps I got carried away.

he thought, sighing while he was straining himself, just before he entered. And as he entered, he was hit by a wave of delicious smell. It seems someone had gone to quite some lengths too, and looking up, he saw Chambers. After he`d quickly unpacked his loads of liquid refreshments, he went over to Chambers to offer him a handshake to emphasize the gravity of the situation appreciate his efforts, and greet him properly at this occasion.

"Hi, nice to see you well. I like what you`ve done so far. You need any help with anything? Anyway, I brought loads of water, alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot punch and chocolate chip cookies for everyone. And paper towels and plastic cups."

he said while extending his hand in greeting in a firm, professional and somewhat detached manner, while studying Chambers with calculating, but interested and lively eyes.

This is no time for my famous deadpan. Well, that is unless the others keep secrets relevant to this `hearing-I guess` too close to their chest, but let`s not presume guilt just yet. Although he isn`t exactly Mr. Forthcoming. So, with all this pomp, just what do you have planned exactly, Chambers? What big announcements merit all this?

he thought anxiously.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Fastening the last button of his robes around his neck, he turns at the sound of the next arrival. And we're underway. He takes a internal steading moment to more or less compose himself. And then moves to greet Philip.

A Warm smile is offered and the handshake accepted and returned in kind. 'Yes good to see you, been well I hope? And looking sharp might I say.' That is a very nice suit. 'Makes me wish I did have a fancier set of robes.' Chuckling a little.

He looks over at Philip's considerable contributions. 'That is very gracious of you.' Looking back to the enchanter. 'Thank you.' The two words are simple, spoken almost countless times across the world everyday, but Chambers says them with sincerity, placing unspoken gratitude behind them. He's taken this far more serious then I thought he was going to given the objections. No pressure. He turns indicating the steaming dish. 'Homemade Sheppard's pie over there, please help yourself.'

Chambers himself will move to get a none alcoholic punch. 'Sweet to compliment the savoury, good stuff.' There is something slightly unusual about the necromancer today. A couple of small things that you would need to know him to a least some degree to notice. His smile fades a moment faster than usual, eyes linger on the five chairs, he straightens the pile of agendas unnecessarily. He's nervous, which given the nature of the day is in itself not that unusual, but unlike on other occasions he isn't smoking to calm it.

'That's good of you to offer, but unless you can see anything I've overlooked. I, I think were all set.' He checks over everything again, to satisfy himself that nothing was missing.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wouldn’t do to be late for this meeting, after all, it was her and Chambers idea. Did she think it was going to go over well? Not at all. But hell, nothing ventured, nothing gained, and they had to try. But was she nervous? Not at all. After all, they were just presenting ideas.

Had she been serious about dressing up? Not at all. Turns out, she has a meeting after this one at the hospital, and that meant a bit more effort. So, she pulled out a white suit with a black top beneath it. On her neck was the choker/collar she wore out on New Years, but no other jewelry.

As for food? She really had no good ideas. Stopping by a local bakery, she picked up a couple pies and some fresh bread, all being kept warm in one of those warming bags. Fresh bread was always good, especially with the butter and jam that came with it.

Walking in, she sees Chambers and Philip, who had actually dressed up! She also noticed a delicious smell, seemed everyone was taking this seriously so far. Good or bad, it should be a good day.

Smiling, “Smells good in here! And look at you two!” an appreciative nod to both, “Well, I have warm pies and some fresh warm bread!” setting the packages down.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Why thanks, but Chambers, you don`t look too bad yourself. Are those special ceremonial robes from your Order, with some hidden meaning, perhaps?"

he asked, in his typically very direct manner.

When Chambers mentioned his pie, a grateful smile passed over Philip`s face.

"Why thanks, and homemade? Smells delicious. That must have taken a while."

he said, praising Chambers` efforts. Having mostly just said the part about helping as a courtesy, he shrugged, when Chambers asked if he`d missed anything as he`d really done a good job already.

"Sounds good, nothin` out of place here. Just hope it`s ok I put my stuff right there?"

he asked, gesturing to where he`d put his backpacks, plastic cups and drinks. Having put the latter things already earlier on the table which Chambers had beautifully set. He then made himself comfortable, getting a slice of the pie Chambers had no doubt made with care for this occasion.

Soon, October came as well. It seemed October had brought pies too, like Chambers, and bread. So, quite a considerable contribution as well, if he thought about it. It was becoming more and more like a full dinner, with everything they`d brought put together. As soon as he saw October, after her opening words, he got up from the table and went over to her after placing down his plate and getting a last drink of water to go with the pie.

"Nice to see you! Glad you could make it. I brought cookies, water and two types of hot punch, and as a special treat we`ve got Chambers` homemade pie. And you`ve brought food too, nice."

he said cordially, gesturing to the different food and drink items on the table briefly, before meeting her gaze again to offer his hand, like he did with Chambers earlier, to mark the occasion. He did this with the same professional and semi-detached air he greeted Chambers with, studying her eyes curiously for a reaction.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Shaking his head. 'No. Afraid not.' Nice try. 'Robes are common but not required.' He debates continuing and decides to. 'These were a gift from the mage who recruited me.'

'Why thank you.' He seems to appreciate the compliment. 'A basic version is pretty quick. You just tenderize the mince beef and put the mash on top, after cooking both of course.' Filling as well. 'I tried a more complicated one adding peas and flavouring into the mince beef and slightly searing the edge of the mash to help it hold shape. But getting the balance of meat to veg to mash just right is probabaly the hardest part.' You'd be surprised how much it adds to the prep time. 'That and its very easy to burn.'

He'll sip the punch. 'Oh yes anywhere is great.' There was plenty of space. 'Seems we have quite the spread coming together.'

Turning. 'October, hello.' Offering a smile to the enchantress. 'Great to see you.' It was a little calming to see her, being the other half of the motivation behind getting this going. 'And looking great might I say.' Maybe I should have done more than just the standard robes.

'Oh fantastic, very kind of you. Just put it out anywhere really.' Indicating the growing array of food and drink. 'And help yourself to anything you'd like.' Bread that's what I forgot, how can you have a Sheppard's pie without bread to mop up with? lucky we have two enchanters on hand hey. He doesn't run down the menu, Philip having covered that very well.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

After things had been set down, she looked to Philip, “Nice to see you too! How’ve you been?” he seemed to be in good spirits today. “Two type of hot punch? Now I’m really curious! Going to have to make sure I try both!” because it sounds like some thought went into it and she wanted him to know it was appreciated. “Not homemade mind you, but still should be good!” cooking had never been a talent she had. Medical school and taken up a majority of her life and she never tried to learn after.

Was he offering a handshake? It was different, not something she was expecting, but she accepts. The shake she offers is firm. The only reaction he would notice was surprise.

“Hi Chambers, and thank you!” she might have to change the top for the work meeting, but that was something to worry about later.

"You both seem to be in good spirits!" it was worth noting.

12. Likes liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She had been to one of these before. Here in Sacramento that is. But she would be the only quote-un-quote-familiar face. But both October and Winter had been here before her.

Which meant that she was putting some faith, but only some, into the process that awaited.

And part of that was treating the gathering with the respect it called for. That being said she didn't care to go crazy. So, a nicer lace blouse paired with a pale set of jeans, her hair left free and just a touch of makeup.

Arriving at the Circle, it was the smell that hit her first. Well crap. She forgot that that was part of it. Oh well. Didn't the agenda have something about setting up more of a schedule? If or when she got assigned to bring something, she would just make sure to make it nice to make up for her not bringing anything today.

Stepping into the room she noted those already gathered and ... a family meal table? That was different?

"I apologize- I totally spaced the food aspect and come empty handed..." she chimed as she approached the group.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

The handshake with October was firm and sincere. The surprise in her eyes was clear, but he didn`t think anything of it. She seemed warm and cordial enough.

"I`m great! Work`s great and everything is chill. What about yourself, how are you settling in to Sacramento again?"

he asked, being careful to not ignore Chambers as he asked her. After a beat, he added:

"So, yeah. I brought alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot punch. Here."

with an only somewhat smug face, pointing out which thermos flasks contained which hot punch. Eventually, he asked October:

"Perhaps you could tell us more about your culinary contributions."

He gestured questioningly at her pies and bread, while asking somewhat sternly but still cordially. Like someone who`d already explained some of the menu and now had to learn what the rest of the menu was about. Although he didn`t come across as rude or overbearing, merely as exceedingly curious, while tempered by the air of seriousness the occasion commanded.

When Witch then came, Philip was surprised at the directness of her apology. After all, food and drink hadn`t been mandatory as far as Philip was concerned, and they seemed to mostly have been individual ideas. Philip had mostly brought his share to make a good impression, not because he felt he had any obligation. But they had talked about hot drinks the previous month, so he`d thought, why not? It was true though that Witch was the first to not bring anything, and this lack did stand out among all of the considerable contributions present. As soon as he noticed her, he walked up to Witch to offer her his hand too, like he did previously with October and Chambers. As he did so, he said:

"No matter, and no need to apologise. The most important thing is that you`re here. Now we`re just waiting on Winter to start. And I must say, you`re looking sharp today."

he said, trying to put her mind at ease. Although what he did next probably shattered at least some of that. Because he then gestured to and around the table, like he`d already done for October, explaining everything to his best ability, acting as one of the gracious hosts.

"As for food and drinks, we`ve got pies and bread from October, homemade pie from Chambers and I brought cookies, water and two types of hot punch, so I hope you`re hungry."

he said warmly and cordially, studying her reaction to his handshake and everything around her, like he did with the other two.

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread