DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Useful as it is, not everyone lives on a river so its not a practical solution for most. 'If you've got the room and time it certainly worth having something. I met a mage while I was in ... Greece.' One eye closes briefly as he puts effort into digging up the memory. 'Who swore by using acid, but that proved hard to acquire and harder to justify having.' A scientist I am not.

He shrugs good naturedly. 'Is it? or just a wordy way of answering to make it sound like I told you more than just repeating stuff I've said before?' There is humour in his eyes. 'No, there's an art to saying a lot with a few words, less chance the point get confused.' And it was still an answer, which I appreciate.

That gets a laugh. 'Goodness, so the youth of today still do that.' Shaking his head in mirth. 'But your right got to have them'. While he does smile, he does not mimic the gesture.

A hand goes up to his chin as he considers he point. His own eyes brightening as he does. 'You know that particular change I have not considered.' Funny given I work with rocks. 'Out of sight out of mind I guess.' That as there is so much to consider. 'Would you care to enlighten me?' She's clearly passionate about it.

Brow furrows for a moment, only as he contemplates rephrasing. 'Many of what we thought of as rules while we slept, we know to be false or incomplete. Yet some mages, even some Moros still consider the idea as Death as an inevitable outcome short of getting back to the supernal realms, to be stead fast, an absolute truth that holds to us and sleepers alike.' Now I should be careful. 'I was just curious on your position. Do you consider death an absolute rule, or something that can with sufficient understanding of the truth be bypassed?' He looks at her curiously, an academic waiting for a peer to share their thoughts on a question.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Acid?!" She couldn't help the surprise that sounded in her voice. "I mean ... sure, yeah, that'll clean the soft tissue off but man ... I'd be worried about it also getting at the bone itself." She shook her head at the thought, "I think I'll pass."

She chuckled, "Maybe so. But I'll admit that I fall for such. It's not my style to go for elaborate. And you aren't wrong. There is. Not sure it's one I've mastered either though. I like to think I'm pretty straight forward. What is it - KISS?"

She shrugs, but is smiling good naturedly, "Not many do. Maybe if more thought about it, geologists and the like would have better pay scales." She quirked an eyebrow toward Chambers "I can send you some of the sources I used in my dissertation if you are truly interested. They are a bit specific to my interest realm- after all, like most things, the answer depends. What is being fossilized. Where. Etc."

When he came out swinging, he came out swinging.

"I don't know that I ever truly considered death to be an absolute, even prior to my awakening, so it is ... maybe hard for me to relate to the idea of one even now." She said slowly. "We know the spirit world exists. We know that Will can change everything. So, no, I guess in the short answer, no. I do not believe that death is the one solitary constant that exists."

She shook her head, settling into her rejection of the idea. Exceptions always existed. A mammal that lay eggs. A fish that breathed air.

But a single constant in a world of no other? Especially not when there was Spirit and Death and Life and and and ...

Not when there was magic.

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Inclining his head, to Witch's clearly superior knowledge on the matter. 'Well it worked for that guy, but yes.' Clearly still having doubts about acid himself. 'Not my field of expertise.' A moment of consideration. 'But then again Moros have a habit of being good at fixing damaged things.' No idea if that's what he did but, it could work I guess.

Smirking. 'Ah yes. Then I must sound pretty stupid fairly often.' Keeping it simple was not usually on the cards when he he got philosophical, one of many bad habits. 'Was it Einstein who said, if you can't explain an idea simply , you don't understand it.' Not always true, but a fair enough point.

Eyes light up. 'I'm always interested in expanding my understanding. A list of titles would be most appreciated.' An eye squints in consideration. 'I've not reached the stage of my dissertation yet.' Good work for doing so yourself. 'But my knowledge of the occult is more than reasonable, and would be happy to return the favour with a list of my own.' One good turn and all that.

He smiles. 'Good to hear.' Mages around here seem rather ready to accept this. 'People can often get the wrong idea when I start talking of this. They think of stealing life, seeking immortality so on so forth.' He shakes his head dismissing these ideas. 'But I agree just because it isn't common knowledge we shouldn't accept it, or anything as absolutely true. Not when we have so many examples to show what we thought held true no longer does.' And accepting that understanding is flawed is a necessary step to developing it further.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

A soft chuckle and a shrug, "I suppose there is that option."

In that case, she would just go for using magic to strip and clean in the first place but maybe like a pyro with fire for the sake of fire, this guy just ... liked ... acid?

She tilted her head, pretending to consider his statement, before laughing and waving away the gesture and it's implied potential confirmation of him sounding stupid.

An eyebrow lifts, this time in true consideration. Occult eh? Well, while not being part of her accredited studies, she wouldn't deny her interest in that topic. "I would appreciate that."

"I mean ... are you seeking immortality?" her tone was easy, tinged with humor, but there was a sudden thread of curiosity. Was the question more than just a random thought experiment? Was he actually ... invested in something after death?

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers chuckles good naturedly at Witch's mimed considerations. Before nodding in confirmation. 'I'll put a list together for you then.' Smiling gently. 'I hope you like numbers.'

His gentle smile and good mood, move to a more neutral state. He's been burned by this before. 'Seeking is not the right word. I've died once already.' It is a rather common feature among Moros awakenings. 'I would wager so have you or come close.' Not asking for details. 'Yet so many still labour under this idea that death is frightening or final.' It is neither. 'I am just open to the possibility.' It isn't were I focus my efforts anyway.

He shrugs. 'If as my understanding of truth develops and I become aware of a way to achieve it.' A pause. 'Yes I think I would. Break that particular hold the lie has over me.' Because isn't finding a way to push back the lie not the goal after all?

Dropping from the more intense subject he looks out a window. 'Seems the day is slipping past us.' Some good progress I think. 'You asked me to remind you about getting your number for emergencies.'
    Health
    Mana

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Sitting, Chambers waits patiently for the young woman to respond to his comments, or his reminder. But whatever had grabbed her attention clearly superseded the conversation. After a while he stretches and stands. ‘I’m afraid I need to be heading off.’ Gathering his odds, ends and the uneaten toastie, which while definitely cold now, won’t be going to waste. ‘Thanks for coming.’ That was genuine enough she hadn’t been obliged.

And he will walk to, and out of the door. Its neither here nor there anyway, if I get into hot water calling someone is unlikely to make much of a difference is it.

Thank you for the scene
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread