DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Dressed today in what can best be described as the archetypical casual academic standard fare He arrives in the circle to see if Witch would join him. On a mission to talk to everyone if he can manage it, he has brought what seems to quickly be becoming his traditional food offering. A couple of greaseproof packages rest on a table still warm, the scent of cranberries and turkey emanating.

Turkey and cranberry toasties 2 successes

As chambers himself grab a seat and finds where he left off in the latest sudoku puzzle, as he waits to see if his invitation has been accepted.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

The proposed time hadn't been during one of her regular trips to the Circle. But it also hadn't been during work hours for the day. And so it was that she found herself pushing open the doors and making her way inside, her gaze scanning for the form of Chambers.

It didn't take long to find him, and approaching she pulled the crumpled note she had tugged free of the corkboard free of her jeans pocket and up as though it were a ticket. Aside from the jeans she was wearing a t-shirt, the print of it visible as her jacket was unzipped.

"Got your message," she said with a greeting smile toward Chambers .

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Looking up at the sound of the door he waits a moment for the entrant to come into view. Returning a gentle smile in greeting of his own as Witch approaches.

'Hello, thanks for coming. Nice shirt.' Remembering the park. Really into fossils then.

Seeing the letter the younger woman presents. That it was missing should have told me she had seen it. 'Ah, good. I was worried it might not be direct enough, but the system seems to working out nicely, it most cases anyway.' He places the puzzle book down, carefully marking his place, on the nearest surface. Its purpose fulfilled.

'I made food in case you haven't eaten.' Gesturing to the wrapped packages. 'Turkey and cranberry toasties. If your not sick of it by this point.' A gentle chuckle and an easy out. Not everyone is a fan of food they didn't make themselves after all.

'But yes as the letter said I realised we haven't had a proper chat in the half a year give or take I've been about.' Not that one is strictly necessary, but in a group this small its good to know something of who's around, and she showed up, whatever her own reasons.

Lets start big then. 'Given you know beyond doubt my path and order affiliation from my acknowledgement.' And more besides. 'I must confess I'm curious to know yours. If your willing to share that?' Not everyone is, but I think I've made it clear I'm sticking around, and onside at this point.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Well- thanks for the invite. And thanks!" she chimes enthusiastically, glancing down at the complimented article of clothing.

She gives a small shrug, "As long as folks swing by regularly enough and check it, I imagine it will be fine. Though I suppose I should give you a number in case you need to get ahold of me in an emergency. Remind me before we part and I'll get it to you."

After all, if she was going to be particular about folks seeking official "I belong" status needing to be ready to lend a hand, she should probably make sure they were able to actually do so with some ability of phone-a-friend.

"Toasties ... that's ... an English thing right? Reaching forward she lifted a package and unwrapped it carefully, peering in to see what it was even as she asked the question. Glancing up from her investigation of the offered food, she didn't seem surprised by the topic of proper chat.

Letting the wrapping of the package fall back into place, she glanced briefly toward the Arrow section of the Circle, before turning back to Chambers. Half a year compared to her single month. Well. As she had said, Orders could say a lot about a person. Arrow. Mysterium. One was about action, the other ... less so.

"I would have thought our activities in the park to have given away our shared path," she said with a grin.

"As far as my Order - I am a Guardian." The words were said simply, a direct answer to a direct question. Quirking an eyebrow his way, she waited to see if he had followup questions.

Or reactions.

Sacramento wasn't the same as it was when she first arrived, but the opinions she had referenced the last time she had a chat like this were from the Awakened community as a whole, not just a single Consilium at a single point of time.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A grateful smile passes across his face. 'That would be very much apricated.' And she's volunteering it, a good sign I think. 'You have mine already I believe.' As I handed it to her in my first meeting. 'If not.' He gestures to the top right corner of the board. 'Its pinned there.' For all to see and use.

Laughing gently now. 'Ah yes I suppose they would be after all. Apologies. Toasties are as the name suggests a toasted sandwich. The bread lightly brushed with oil to create a crisper bite once grilled, the turkey pulled fresh from a roasted bird and the cranberry sauce, store brought I'm afraid.' A half shrug, he didn't own an orchard or its like. Taking the second package he will pull a triangle cut sandwich from it and take a hearty bite, using the paper to catch any debris the meal produces. Self praise might be no recommendation, but not bad if I do say so myself.

Swallowing before speaking, naturally. 'Ah yes, rocks and bones did raise my suspicions, but we.' Feels a little odd saying that after so long. 'Are not the only ones who use such.' And you know what they say about assumption.

Ah so the new front runner proves spot on this time. Still eyebrows do raise a little. 'Not everyone in your order would have been willing to share that so, thank you.' That felt like a show of trust. 'The first diamond mages I met were guardians, safe to say you've been considerably more considerate.' Trust earns, trust after all. Watching her right back.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch waved a hand in the air, "I suppose the odds of finding someone who makes their own cranberry sauce are pretty low. At least ... in a city like this." It was a wild guess, but she was confident enough with it. There was a reason it was a thing - cranberry sauce that looked like a can, right?

She shook her head, the gesture a negative, but meaning agreement in this case. "No, we aren't. But usually, the death aspect ... well ... " she gave a wry grin toward Chambers "Philip's reaction was a bit dramatic, but it's not far off from how others treat the topic.

She shrugged, "I imagine not. Our order isn't always welcomed with open arms. Can make many not exactly want to wave it around on a flag." She gave a wan smile, "No? I could say I am surprised but ... the opinion isn't always without backstory. I am glad to see that the experience wasn't so bad that you've rescinded your offer for a talk upon hearing of my being part of them."

She wondered if the identification of the first diamond mages being Guardians was significant. If so, it meant he found, or was found by, Free Council or Apostates first. Not a critical wonder, but a faint one anyways. Maybe she would ask him about it one day.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He shrugs 'There are orchards that probabaly sell less mass produced products, and pick your own fruit options but none are currently open.' Otherwise I certainly would have made it myself. Something to remember for the summer.

Continuing to eat his meal. He makes the decision not to gossip about the enchanters mentioned past trauma. It's not my place to say. 'To be fair to him, I can handle bones and bodies no problem but I'm still getting my own senses around the rotting part.' Even now, its not something I have to deal with to often. 'As I say that's when I began to suspect but didn't want to assume, especially considering the lack of contact.' I would have thought anyone who I did share a path with would have reached out for more informal introductions, might just be the very loose structure at play. Its not a chastisement, there's nothing judgemental in his tone of manner, just a statement of his thought process.

Hm true enough. 'And yet I reckon there are times every Consilium is grateful to its Guardians even if it isn't said openly.' And times less than thankful but still, better to find ways of working with rather than against. 'Oh if you meant me harm, you've had more than enough opportunity.'

Well as for the talking then. Chambers nods to her shirt again. 'Always been a fan of rocks, or a passion discovered since awakening?' Harmless enough way to start I reckon.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Maybe so, I've never looked into it. To be honest, I am not even sure what is peak season for cranberries." She paused and then gave a wry chuckle, "Let alone where they grow best."

Greenhouses and life mages could probably get them to grow anywhere, but whether or not that was where they wanted to normally be was another story.

Her wry chuckle turned into a true laugh, and she nodded, spreading her hands in a conceding gesture. "It is definitely one of the more ... gross aspects of the whole process when scavenging and processing. It is possible to skip if you have beetles. Ant piles work too but not as efficiently."

And then of course, as with the cranberries ... there was magic.

As to his comment about contact, if she read anything into it aside from a comment, it didn't show on her face. Or in her words, or perhaps lack thereof on them as she instead seemed to consider his words regarding Guardians. "I mean ... I hope so, but even if not..." She shrugged.

The Guardians did their work because they believed in what they did. Not because they were looking for praise from others. And if there were Guardians out there who thought otherwise, well, she wasn't sure that they were in the right Order.

Following his gaze, her grin returned, "Always. I was that kid. In that way it doesn't seem surprising on which tower I signed." Tilting her head she nodded in his direction, "Yourself? You have any traits that in hindsight made Moros seem a clear path?"

It was a personal question, she knew it. But she tried to make it generic enough that if he wanted to, he could sidestep any truly personal matters in answering. Heck, if he wanted, he could answer with just yes or no. And that wouldn't give away anything.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

His head cocks to one side briefly. 'You know that's a very good point, I don't actually know when would be best to get them.' Should probabaly find that out first.

Finishing his meal, he carefully balls the paper so crumbs wont spill. 'I've found fish to be a relatively easy work around, I think I mentioned something about it at the museum.' Not perfect as you often had to remove the last parts but it is notably less hassle. 'I hadn't considered insects in truth, a terrarium may not be a bad investment.' It was a good tip.

Smiling along with her he can imagine that kind of kid. But only second hand. 'Not that I reckon I got a choice in the matter but lets see.' Mine was a touch unusual from what I have come to understand. 'A feeling of finite time, an inevitable end of the road, led to me developing a swifter working pace then most. An deep interest in grand architecture. And while given ours is the path of changing states and shapes, I could see an interest in how cultures change, but that might be stretching.' Nothing to new there I'm afraid. 'What about them held, well holds, your fascination?'

Okay lets try this. 'Mind if I ask what your views on death as a concept are?' Given many Moros had themselves died or come close to, it can be a touchy subject here or there, even if most are more than fine with it.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She nodded, "You did. It's an avenue I haven't tried myself, but I can see the appeal of it." Double duty of something eating away what wasn't wanted as well as water for softening said unwanted.

"I've considered getting one a number of times but always hesitated. Maybe I'll look into it again." And she would. She didn't have plans to move any time soon and had the ability now to commit to figuring out how to maintain the beetles.

Witch chuckles, "Much more insightful on yourself than 'I liked rocks,'" her tone good natured at teasing herself.

"Oh gosh ... that's a hard one. There's a lot." She gave a small shrug as she thought for a moment. "There are of course the pretty ones. Crystals and such. Gotta have my bling after all," she laughed and made a classic gesture of a person showing off rings. "But I grew into a better appreciation of them as I got older. What they can do for us, what they can teach us. How they are formed. It can be quite fascinating- after all, have you ever thought about at what point a bone or a piece of wood turns into a rock? She leaned forward, her eyes bright at the question.

"How long did it take? What went into it? All of that ... " she waved a hand expansively and then stopping, laughed again, and relaxed. "As you said- Moros and changing."

Tilting her head slightly, "Death as a ... concept? I'm not sure I follow the question exactly?" She wasn't averse to discussing death, but she wasn't sure what conversational path he was trying to walk.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread