Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2312) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Witch, a greeting was offered to her as well, “Hi Witch, hope you’ve been well.” A bit curious about her, “Was thinking maybe we could grab a drink or a bite sometime.” Was she expecting her to say yes? Not really, but it would be a nice way to get to know her better.

“Well, I don’t things will change without everyone agreeing to any change…soo.” A shrug before laughing, “The dressing up thing was a joke, but in other cities I’ve been in, official meetings were usually met with people dressing up a bit. But it’s not something that has to be a thing.” She wasn’t attached to the idea, and had plenty of places she could dress up if she wanted to. “Figured food would be a welcome touch, with the weather getting colder, who doesn’t like something warm to eat?” why the push-back for something as small as warm food? “But by no means is it mandatory or anything, was just an idea.” Easy.

Wow, quick subject change there, “There are some clubs I was thinking of checking out, just going out and having some fun.” and a few of those clubs she didn't think anyone here would be interested in.

Nodding to Winter, “I think I’ve settled in pretty good.” Nothing really exciting there. “Planning ahead?” she asks, curious.

Smirking to Chambers, “Oh, was not expecting anything like that.” Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

"Can't complain too much," she said absently as she stepped around folks to lean in to read the latest postings. From the talk it wasn't just a note for Winter after all.

"Ooh- an official one. Been a while since we've had enough folks around to call one of those. Kinda exciting." Her words quiet and mostly to herself.

And one that promised propositions and announcements. Not that she had intentions of skipping a formal Consilium, but the teaser tugging at her curiosity did help cement her plans to attend. And while no one here had been at the lastonly one she had attended in Sacramento, both Winter and October had history here. She wondered if October's proposition would be about official positions.

Straightening and stepping back, she tuned back into the conversation at hand. Seemed it was still mostly small talk.

And of course folks wanting more from Winter. Nothing new there. Yet.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

October`s excuse was mildly amusing, but also annoying. A joke? I`m not really sure if I was supposed to laugh there. Making a big deal is more tedious than funny to me, but I guess there`s no accounting for taste. Even among Awakened. he thought, before re-focusing on the food question, not so much changing the topic as understanding food as a double entendre, for different situations. And flipping between the two different situations where he understood food could be a thing.

[color=green]"I guess, sure. If this is gonna be a big deal then it could be nice, yeah. If we`re making food-slash-snacks into a thing for Circle meetings, it could be nice to have some hot punch for the official Consilium get-togethers too."{/color]

October`s words to Winter about having settled in struck a somber tone with Philip.

That was supposed to have been my job. he thought, cringing inside.

"And on that subject `cause we talked about it earlier at the sale, I think. I`m sorry I didn`t get around to helping you move in. Imma try to make that up to you."

At Chambers` and Octobers` questions for Winter, when they asked him for more details about the future plans he`d hinted at, Philip chimed in with a questioning, curious look towards Winter. He eyed, sized him up, and gauged his reaction intently, holding his gaze for a slight moment, to let his curiousity and determination sink in.

Just what do you have in mind, Winter? Besides what`s already been suggested, that is? he added in his head to Chambers` question.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"December is that time of the year when things come around. People move, visitors skyrocket, and I assume - though I'm not an expert - whatever happens to the leylines should have its effect on the spiritual world. Though, it's far from my expertise. Maybe we should monitor the situation more closely? Large gatherings can always breed problems"

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Having been rather nervous and honestly expecting more push back, that Philip had agreed not to block the meeting and neither Winter or Witch seemed to be raising any objections, Chambers breathes an internal sigh of relief, lightly mirrored by a slight dropping of the shoulders, a release of tension. Alright it seems this is happening then, a good start.

Given that focus it seems a lot of the small talk was happening around him, which was fine. And for the most part he just listens contentedly. Chiming in when October states her expectations of his cooking. 'Well I'll think of something have no worry.' A dish both hot, stable, and filling, yet easy enough to transport on a bus and carry, because my bike would most certainly be out of the question. I think I might have just the thing. The contemplative look in his eye shares that ideas are forming.

He nods to Winter. All fair points. 'Well I'll confess I haven't been taking stock of the ley lines directly, but I keep myself busy out and and about monitoring. There's a German market I plan to attend, a lot of people, a lot of opportunity for something. Steeped in tradition both old and new.' So really no special effort just business as usual, go where the people are and trust my senses.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

That was a first, someone calling an official meeting exciting! Maybe there was hope for things yet. Official meetings didn’t have to be scary or change everything, they were a way to discuss important things as one. A united front of Awakened. Well, that was the hope anyways.

But seemed her offer got together and hangout wasn’t accepted. Which was ok, she got it. Maybe Witch just wasn’t into hangout outside of the Circle.

A happy smile was offered to Philip, who seemed to be getting into the spirit of things. “Hot punch sounds amazing actually!” cause it would be warm, and warm was good.

“Oh, you’re fine! And I still haven’t gotten a bookshelf together, so if your offer still stands, I’d love some help with that.” She was still hoping to get together with him outside the Circle, get to know him better. Maybe see why he was always so defensive.

As Winter explained, she nodded, thinking over his words, “I’m not opposed to keeping an eye on the leylines and making sure things stay, well, even?” she wasn’t sure how to describe what she saying, but hoped the others understood. “Do we have a location that should be watched more closely? And have you noticed this in the past? An increase in people and whatnot causing issues?” it would be good to know if there was a history there or not.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Rocking back on her heels, Witch let the conversation flow, not having much to add to it at this point.

And she wasn't one for needlessly speaking up just for the sake of hearing her own voice.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

It seemed everyone was game with the official consilium and it was happening sometime in January. October liked his exasperated idea to have hot punch at that meeting, it seemed, which made Philip slightly chuckle inwardly, as he`d only really mentioned it to make conversation. Outwardly he gave a questioning shrug to the others, as to what they thought of his idea. Winter`s point on the ley lines and mystical nature during his namesake time of year was duly noted by Philip. October`s questions were good, and made him curious too, so he gave Winter a questioning, but pleasantly curious and expectant look, when October asked Winter about supernatural locations, people and more on how the situation was like in the past.

"That`s actually a good point. We should be cautious, but it`s also an opportunity. Because, as you said, the big concentrations of people in the city might also have a correlation to densities of supernatural phenomena."

he said, nodding. More than anything, Philip was glad Winter was finally somewhat forthcoming about info about the supernatural side of the city, being (probably) the most senior member of the Consilium present. He considered adding, that they might start with supernatural phenomena close to each respective mage`s home, but thought better of it as that might have been too forthcoming.
    Not now. That might not come over very well. he thought, gravely.

Chambers` mention of the market piqued his interest briefly, but not enought to merit a conversation, so he gave a simultaneously semi- interested and also disinterested and apologetic look to Chambers.

He was relieved when October didn`t hold his not helping her move in against him, so he emphatically nodded.

"You bet, my offer stands. Tell me a time and place and I`m there." he told October.

Eventually, he turned to Witch, noticing how she was silently taking in the discussion, and after a long beat, asked her:

"So what do you think about all this, Witch?"
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"The monitoring of ley lines is prudent. The convergence of energies around large groups of people shouldn't be underestimated, each one of us should be vigilant"
    He took a moment to consider his next words, "To answer October's query, there are indeed locations that warrant closer scrutiny. The ebb and flow of the city's spiritual energy fluctuates with the influx of people and activity. I would suggest we each take it upon ourselves to observe any anomalies within our respective domains. Chambers is right, fairs, markets, and public venues are the most likely to be affected"
    He considered the next words carefully, "If you aren't busy elsewhere, we could host a sort of celebration here at the Circle?", it was all a Lie, a guilty pleasure, but again, they weren't perfect, were they?

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Nodding to Philip. 'That's certainly what I'm hoping for.' In lieu of seers or abyssal activities' to monitor, I'll take something genuinely supernatural. What is that face he's making? I can't tell if he's interested or not.

Not that I've had any luck so far. 'Then Winter I will continue with my activities. And be diligent on putting them up on the board, should anyone wish to join me.' Two pairs of eyes and all that.

Now that surprised him. 'Are you talking of a cerebration separate to the Consilium? If so sure why not, are we thinking new years?' Seems like I'm going to be rather busy on the cooking front.
    Health
    Mana

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread