Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2312) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers arrives at the circle moving with purpose.

Adorned in the now usual blue robes with grey trim, which rustle with the motion. Some loose folded papers are held under one arm.

He does not, as he has in previous months head outside, but rather to the notice board he has left in the circle and begins pinning some of the sheets to it, and removing those no longer relevant.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Philip arrived, at the appointed time and place, bringing the bought chocolate chip cookies in a plastic jar in his backpack. He`d also brought napkins for the others. He was dressed in a gray sweater with a light jacket just in case, with blue jeans and his standard running shoes. Once he got into the building, Philip noticed Chambers pinning and unpinning papers from the board, while walking to a table, or someplace to put his cookies on.

"Oh, hi, how`re you? I brought the cookies as I said."

he asked curiously, before continuing proudly.

"Hope it`s ok I put them there? Just remember the thing about chocolate chip cookies and the dark side, when you eat them. So, beware. Heh."

he said, and asked with a chuckle while tentatively taking the cookie jar out of his backpack, opening and putting it where he gestured. As long as he didn`t hear any objections, that was. Chambers was nice to see. After all, while their previous discussion had cleared a lot of the bad air between them, differences and some limited tension remained on information transfer. The big questions were, though, how to implement Winter`s idea regarding the map when and if he was coming. And if they could agree on anything at all, though that didn`t seem like a problem so far. That time, he was cautiously optimistic, though. So far, at least. And with that, he was secretly hyped to get more info on the state of affairs. He quickly became more curious about what exactly Chambers was up to at the board, after he was done unpacking his cookies.

"What exactly are you pinning on the board? Some plans on how to implement the map-thing Winter suggested? Sorry about the darts idea, though. Wasn`t really my cup of tea, but it was a good idea in theory."

he asked and explained; sceptically and apologetically in almost equal measure.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Turning at the sound of both an approach and a greeting, as he tried to have enough hands to unpin, pin, hold, and arrange everything.

'Hey there, I'm doing well thank you, how about yourself?' The invitations to October and Philip join the darts poster in a pile on the floor. 'No actually, I don't know that one? star wars reference?' Turning back to the board so he can see what he's doing.

'I am.' Pins go into place on a larger poster. 'Pinning up an agenda for.' Final pin goes in. 'An official Consilium to be held in January.' Chambers rarely looks openly proud, but he looks proud of this.

'I was talking with October recently and we both have things of a more official nature, we want to talk about and thought it would be a good idea. And after last time we all met.' He nods to Philip's quick catch on. 'Yes I think it would be good to get some proper plans put in place.'

January Consilium agenda

'Providing everyone agrees of course.' Having finished with putting that in place, he picks up the pile of now out of date announcements and invitations. 'Its no worries not everything is for everyone, but if you don't ask you never know or something like that.' Chambers walks over to the cookie table, pointing to the jar. 'May I?'
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

When he read the poster he was quite intrigued by some of the things.

October and Chambers have propositions? Curious. Let`s see if he`ll reveal some of those to me if I ask, although perhaps not. After all, I`m not offering anything in return... Screw that proposition idea of `wrong exchange`! But I guess it never hurts to try, anyway.

he thought sceptically, sarcastically and annoyed. Nevertheless, he chose to be direct and semi-neutral in his questioning despite starting out by answering Chambers` light-hearted questions. After all, it seemed Chambers was ok with where he was placing his cookie jar, and the rest of his stuff and he`d apparently already managed to get Chambers interested in taking some of the cookies.

"Of course, help yourself. And yes, it`s a star wars joke. As for myself, I`m actually doing quite well at work, so can`t complain. I got the raise, too. But it`s never enough, is it? Heh. Anyway, if I may ask, just what propositions do you and October have? And what are you planning to announce? Are you leaving already? But, let me guess.... it`s a secret until the official Consilium? Needless to say, I`m ok with all of the agenda points, if I know what they`re all about, that is."

he asked, slightly provocatively trying to get Chambers to answer, despite still not expecting to get a response.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He reaches in and grabs a cookie. 'Thanks.' He takes a bite chewing thoughtfully.

Swallowing before speaking. 'As for October's that's hers to say or not.' Hence I treated it the same of mine, if she pops by her call to expound or not.

He waves the half remaining cookie at the poster. 'For me I'm not trying to be an ass about it.' Though I can see why it might come off as that. 'Just trying to draw a distinction between these causal meet ups where we run into each by chance, and official business where we show up with the intent to discuss weighty awakened matters currently affecting us.' Who knows it might help us get a little more done, to be organised.

He takes another bite to give him time think. of course swallowing before talking. 'A lot seems to have been allowed to fall to the wayside around these parts and I'm trying to get it up and running again.' He puts the final bite into his mouth, it follows the rest down. 'I'm hoping by advertising that I have both an idea and something important to say that it will peak some interest.' Or just spark opposition but at least I'm trying.

Grabbing a second cookie. He smiles and his tone is light hearted 'But no to your joy or dismay, I am not leaving.' I wonder which it would be if I did? Pointing to the poster again. 'Anything you want to add to it?' This is a whole group affair after all.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was hard to get back in the habit of going to these gatherings’ month after month. But it was all part of getting to know everyone and find her place.

So in she walks, wearing a deep purple sweater dress with a box of coffee in hand. It wasn’t much, but who doesn’t like a warm drink? Lord knows she could use some coffee after a long night in surgery.

A smile offered as the coffee was held up, “I brought the coffee!” and if no one liked coffee, then fuck em.

“How is everything?” asking both present, putting the box down and pouring herself a cup.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip was definitely vexxed by Chambers.

Leave it to a Mystagogue to be an a** about something, while claiming to not be an a** about it. And you`re not the only one who`s trying to contribute to `getting things up and running` here... I guess I could add that to your list. Although I guess that might make this discussion more complicated too.

he chuckled inwardly, before becoming slightly outraged. Outwardly, he kept a neutral, good-natured expression with the occasional smile, though, which only became slightly more stern when he explained his point. But he relaxed slightly when October arrived, bringing coffee, offering her a glance and a hearty welcome, before turning back to Chambers.

"Well, I`m glad you`re enjoying the cookies and you aren`t leaving, at least, I hope. And hi October, please help yourself too. Anyway, I enjoyed our previous discussion, Chambers, although we didn`t make any headway on information exchange, unfortunately. But, you`re saying this isn`t official business? I mean, I could`ve chosen to stay at home. No, whenever I come to the Circle, or I come in contact with Awakened anywhere else, I`m always on official business. Even when it`s made more familiar with food, drink, or any casual conversation, clothing or setting. At least, that`s how I see it. Just because this isn`t a previously announced Consilium meeting but impromptu, you won`t tell me about it? I guess, I can kinda see where you`re coming from, kinda, after our last discussion. But being Awakened is, literally, the business. So, no. Besides that, nothing I`d add to the list. Although I`d also only ratify it, if I know about it, as I said."

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Looking to the entrance as another of their number walked in. He offers a welcoming smile to October. 'Hey, things are good what about with you?' Gesturing to the corkboard. 'I've just put up the announcement we talked about, what do you think?' He'll grab a coffee to go with this snack, a grateful nod in thanks.

Turning back as Philip, true to character crams an awful lot in very quickly. Chambers remains gently content, listening, and managing not to let the reserved coldness such barrages have brought forth before manifest. I just said I wasn't leaving, there is nothing to hope for. That selective hearing of his, still it was well meaning this time. But, here we go again it seems. Lets just try and keep it civil this time.

He takes a sip of from the drink, the tactic to tactfully pause seems to be one he likes to use. 'I also found our recent talks satisfying, although if I recall we agreed to disagree when it comes to our respective views on a few things, such as our orders ways of sharing information.' To him that was more than headway it was resolution.

He nods actually appreciating a good part of what Philip has to say. 'That's a very good attitude to take, but I couldn't tell you about this meeting today for two reasons. Firstly it is as you rightly say impromptu so I didn't know of it myself, I just happened to be here. Secondly, I have no means to contact you beyond the notice board I've put up, which I am using to inform you and and everyone else.' Not Ideal but as I'm the only who seems to share his number in our group the best I can mange.

That final sentence however, that irritates him and the grimace says as much. 'You have as much authority to block official business as I have to call it that's fair and without question.' We are to my knowledge on a footing in terms of any position in the circle. 'But just to get this straight you plan to block it unless I meet your demands?' Seems someone might be putting a want for personal clout ahead of Consilium matters.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile was offered to Philip, “Oh! Cookies! Don’t mind if I do.” Picking up one, the sugar would be good right about now.

Slowly, the cookie was raised to her mouth and a careful bite was taken as eyes move from one to another. Trying to follow what was going on. Was this about wanting to discuss more formal business next month? Or was this something between the two of them that never seems to resolve itself?

To Chambers, “Going pretty good, tired, but surviving.” So went the life of a surgeon. At the mention of the announcement, she walks over to read it, “I think it looks ok, I’m not used to having to make announcements like this, but, things are run differently here so, yah.” It worked.

Oh, so the two of them talked, interesting. Another bite of cookie, followed by a sip of the coffee.
    Wait, what?

“Old on a second, you want to block people having discussions next month about important matters? Because…” pausing, “there is some beef between the two of you? Or is there actually a valid reason here?” cause she would love to hear it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread