Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
     Should be all caught up, 1 wp still owed on tracking.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Tilting his head from side to side as he thinks. 'If you look for similarities hard enough you find em, but yeah we seem to have a genuine thing or two in common. What's the best sunset... or rise for that matter you ever seen?'

'Then I commend your self restraint.' The corner of his mouth stretches in a small chuckle. 'And look forward to hearing the announcement that you've been declared a saint.' How can it be one of us is so virtuous? The spring sovereign truly seemed to be the bane of what he knew the world was.

His ears defiantly catch onto that. 'Now that's a story I'd like to hear.' Tales of rare magics and hedge artefacts, yes please.

A nod. he thinks he gets it. 'A memory of simpler times, that what you mean?' Rose tinted glasses be dammed, the ignorance of childhood really did have its own blessings for many. But that illusion is long past for us. 'Yeah it'd be suitable for something like that.' He doesn't want to spoil the ending so keeps it quiet.

Mossy eyebrows arch in bemusement. 'I thought you said a few. Sounds like you have a veritable garden growing in there. Your definitely under selling yourself.' Supporting local business, charity work, helping those in need, could this city run without you? 'Don't suppose any of those also happen to be used in teas do they?'

'Your being kind again, but no I pay for my services, especially to friends.' It only proper, don't live outside your means, don't put others out of pocket. 'Offering me any consumable for free is a sure fire way to go out of business, there's a lot of me to fill.' Thumping the massive gut for emphasis. I'm big even by Ogre standards I can put away a lot.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“The best one? Difficult question.” She had seen many over her years. “But if I had to pick one as a favorite, I would say a sunrise in Paris.” Her voice had taken on a whimsical tone to it, “Nothing has beat that one. You?” only fair.

Laughing, “It hasn’t always been that way. I’ve used to survive when I had to. Now that I’m established and feel somewhat safe, I try and only use it when pushed.” There was no one around her she needed to deceive right now. Laughing again, “A saint?” shaking her head, “Afraid you’ll be waiting a long time for that one, I am no saint, not by a long shot.”

Nodding, “Maybe if you get the chance to stop by my shop, I’ll tell you the tale over some tea. I’m afraid it isn’t too exciting, by standards of other tales, but it is a good historic one for our community.” Better tales being Circe killing Ann.

Face lights up, “Yes! Perfect phrasing for it.” It had just escaped her.

More laughter, “Oh, I promise you it isn’t anything close to that. I just learned that fresh ingredients made all the difference in the tea. And yes, all except the wisteria.” Maybe that could be used in tea as well?

Was she surprised he wanted to pay for the tea? No. She’d come across Lost who insisted on paying and not getting something for free. So she had learned not to push it, “Well the option will always be there.” Chuckling, “I only sell sweets, like muffins and cookies, and usually have leftovers at the end of the night.” Which usually go to a local shelter, but she’d offer them to a member of the Freehold as well.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

'Paris hm. Never been.' His voice, rather than playful becomes distant, cast back through the mist of memory. 'London, way back when. It was one of those nights, that had a weight to it, the ones you don't want the sun to set cause it means something is gonna happen.' and when it rose on the good the bad and the rest an empire had crumbled.

'Like I said commendable, many would be the one who never turned back from that path.' A weighing consideration of the word saint. 'And no your right, being a saint wouldn't do you justice.'

This topic has his interest more than any other other and he leans in a little, the effect creates unintentional looming. 'Oh exciting is as much about the listener, and the teller as the story itself. That. That I think I'll take you up on.' Seems tea is the topic of the day.

By my count that's what 12? 13? species of plant already named, yeah its a garden. 'Well then which one of these many teas comes most highly recommended.' That's a task that's gonna need some breaking down over time me thinks.

A gentle light hearted shrug. 'Sure you might have leftovers from a day but if I get started you'll have a empty pantry for a week.' Do not underestimate a hungry Ogre. 'And add in a sugar rush and I'll just clean you out faster.' Carnivorous teeth might not be made for those food groups. It had never stopped him.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The nod was one without an enthusiasm. While it was a memory she would cherish, it was also a reminder of her loss. But she listens as he talks, a nod of understanding here and there. “I know those nights.” Her voice more a whisper.

Snorting as she laughed, her head shook, “Now you’re the one being too kind. But I’ll accept the compliment.” Though she would disagree with it.

His looming sent a shiver sown her spine, the guys was big, but she was never one to show her discomfort. Perhaps a survival tool from her past, perhaps her marriage to the previous Dread Lord had taught her things. Whatever it was, her gaze doesn’t wavier, “Then I’ll be happy to share the tale with you. Just let me know when you have the time.” Her schedule was one that was fluid, she could change it however she needed.

“Oh, that depends on what you like in tea. I always tend to learn toward rose bud or chamomile as recommendations. Neither is too sweet, but still have a nice flavor.”

Laughing, “Either way, you’re always welcome.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The silence is left to sit for a while, before Kray finds his voice. 'Truthfully. Yours sounds nicer.' You went for rise, I went for set. I think I found where we differ.

How does someone come to laugh so much? so easily? Puzzlement contorts his face for a little bit as he tries to puzzle out Sarah. Failing to do so. 'Guess I'll have to accept yours to than.' Let her think it if she wants, maybe part of that new start thing.

She might not react to him, but self awareness is a thing and it catches up, realising what he's doing Kray take a step away. 'Well right now I'm waiting on Yule, so till the new year it seems I got plenty of time on my hands.' Its never bad to have a settling in period before getting going.

Not being able to whistle, as per the ever open mouth he clicks his tongue instead. Now what's a good cup of tea, that's a fierce debate as has ever been. 'Uh. For me. Strong. Caffeinated. Pinch of sugar. So yeah not to sweet sounds good.' Who looked at a rose and went yeah I'm a drink that? 'My gut seems to say to go with the camomile.' Looking over. 'What about yourself what you go in for when it comes to hot drinks?'

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Does it?” she asks, looking out at the water, “Everything sounds nicer when someone else talks about it.” Pausing, “And you don’t have the complete story.” It was easier to say someone elses choice sounded better without context. They all had inner demons, some just better at hiding them and placing a bow on them.

Seeing the look, “Everything ok?” concern in her voice as she asks. Was it something she said? Or maybe a memory she brought up?

“Perfect! I’ll give you my number and you can let me know. Usually once the shop closes for the night, I stay open for a couple extra hours in case someone needs something.” Hard to help and talk freely with the public there.

“If energy is what you are looking for, and don’t like coffee, black tea would be perfect. Chamomile is great for unwinding after a hard day.” It had the caffeine while not being coffee. “Oh, coffee, one hundred percent! Nothing beats a well-blended cup of coffee. If I want tea, then it’s ashwagandha tea all the way.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

'Good point. And your right of course. I don't. The way your voice sounded when you spoke of it, made it sound nice was all.' Honestly the way she speaks of anything makes it sound nice so might have read to much there. He shuffles a little awkward.

Looking over at the question. 'Hm. Oh. Yeah.' He looks away again. 'Just trying to figure how you can possibly exist. Never met anyone even close to being like you so far.' Anatole had undersold the spring Queen of that he was certain.

'Right, Number.' Everyone has a number these days. Patting himself down until he finds the right pocket. He pulls out a cell (not smart) phone. It takes a moment for big hands to click small buttons. 'Apologies I swear these things are made for people with the tiniest hands imaginable. There we go.' Getting it at last. He holds out the device for Sarah to take.

'I've had black tea before so that wouldn't be trying something new. So Camomile it'll be for the first one.' This before just blankly looking at the spring queen. 'Ah, okay I at least know what roses and peas are even if why someone would look at those and think yes that's gonna make a good drink is a little beyond me without trying them. Uh, What is ashwagandha?' Hope I said that right.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Her head nods in a slow understanding, “Oh, I see. And I suppose I could make a lot of things sound nice.” Good or bad. “Well, I hope you’ve gotten to experience some good sunsets and good sunrises.” Her words genuine. Everyone deserved nice things.

But his next words? She wasn’t quite sure how to respond to them. It took her a few seconds, which turned into minutes, her sapphires studying the water. “I suppose I decided to not become what those around me tried to push me to be. I never wanted anyone around me to feel the way I did in my past, and just wanted to help everyone, bring them a smile or a feeling of security. Whatever is needed, I try to fill.” Her past had helped shape who she was.

Accepting the phone, her long elegant fingers made quick work of programming two numbers for him, handing it back, “You’re fine!” a smile, “I put my personal number in there, so if you’re ever in need of anything, and my shops number.”

And what do you know, she laughs once again! “Isn’t that the truth?! Like seriously! Roses smell good, but I would have never thought to put some in hot water and drink it.” Shaking her head in amusement, “Simply amazing.” Then his question, “It’s an herb that has many benefits, one being that it helps fight stress and anxiety. Which is why I drink it, but it can also help with your mood and boost your immune system. It doesn’t taste the greatest, which is why I always add honey to mine.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

A large grey finger and blackened nail pick at his stony teeth, a bad habit. I didn't see either, not for a long long while. 'Both are things I'm grateful to experience. Just the ones that stick tend to be weighty. Worthwhile.'

Still silences are not hard for the Ogre he can quite easily drift on his thoughts, until Sarah speaks again. 'That's uh.' momentary pause to fully come back to the moment. 'That's not so hard to understand after all, when you put it that way.' She's just so ... much more, I envisioned grander things it seems. 'We just define a few words rather differently is all.'

Taking the device back and putting it back, in a different pocket. 'Thanks. To be honest I'm more a fan of paper and a pen myself, something about the hand written letter seems ... uh. More personal, more invested.' I might not be the most eloquent writer but the time taken to do something properly can make the difference.

He scratches a temple, what she called amazing, is something that just seemed a little odd to him, but on the other hand. 'Ah, I guess all plants must've started that way. Something growing in the dirt till somebody decided to put in their mouth.' When you think about it we probabaly have those risk takers to thank for an awful lot.

Looking more bemused than anything. 'One plant does all that? Sounds more like medicine to me, would explain it not tasting good to.' Everyone has the thing they swear by, their snake oil, but my gut tells me not the case here. He'd heard it all before, but somehow doesn't believe for a moment Sarah is trying to con him with some mystical happy healthy plant that solves all of life's little woes. If it works for her and isn't harmful who am I to judge otherwise.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A thoughtful nod, “You know, I’m grateful for that as well. Not many get the chance.” Both represented something different, yet similar. Sighing, “Isn’t that the truth.” But she would still prefer the sunsets and sunrises within her Dreams. Where she was master of her world and could make them whatever she wanted.

Sapphires turn to the giant, studying him for a moment, debating her words and his. “It’s not?” not really believing his words. Sure, Rhodes had understood, had always encouraged her to just be her. But she didn’t think others would share that view. But it was welcome.

“Really? Now there’s something I don’t hear every day!” sounding quite impressed. “I don’t get to write many letters these days, unless you count the invitations and what not I do for others. It truly is a dying art, writing letters, putting the thought and time into it.” Good for him!

Laughing, “Well, when you put it like that it sounds ridiculous!” clearly entertained by the idea, “I know I’ve never taken a walk in the woods, seen a plant, and thought, hey, that looks like it might taste good.” Smiling as she shook her head.

“One plant does all that. Well, for some of course. Like with a lot of things, some people have benefits from the herb, some don’t, and some are allergic. But it’s been used for centuries, and has some science to back it up. I stumbled on it by accident while shopping for new herbs for my shop, and thought, hey, why not. Tastes like shit, but I think it helps. Or it can be me telling myself it works.” A shrug, “Who’s to say.” She used it and liked it, but also knew it was just an herb and open to criticism.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

16. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread