Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2311) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

'I wouldn't say kind. I was inspired by October's offering last month.' Nod of the head to the Enchanter in question. 'I just prefer to make things myself.' At Philips request. 'You can all have a couple I made them to be eaten after all.' Using the pipe to point at the window arch. 'Not sit and go cold.'

'Always good to be busy, work stuff or other wise?' Despite having let the thread drop October seemed to have the gist of what he was going to have asked. 'Got some plans to be out and about keep myself on my toes. But nothing to exciting,' This is nice everyone seems pretty relaxed today.

'I don't think any of us are underestimating the danger Winter. Its like waiting for an invisible wave to crash. We know its going to we just can't see when.' Add in that we don't know the size, power or composition of the wave and it makes it all the harder to endure. 'Maybe you could share how the Consilium saw off some of the previous threats, help us have an idea of the kind of problems we might face, and solutions that worked.' If you want us to be prepared you need to accept your the best one to set us up. For success or failure.

Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"I'll try to do my best", he interjects, "although in the past the response was swift. I'm not just talking about violence, there's a lot any of us can do. Don't attract too much attention, for starters"

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Quiet for a moment, Witch let the conversation roll on, taking the chance to figure out the topic at hand.

General conversation for the most part it seemed. Chambers unsurprisingly curious about the past. Walker asking about lodging.

She glanced from him to Philip Crosen and back "Does that mean that all the t's have been crossed and i's dotted as it were as far as your being part of..." She waved a hand in the area, indicating not just the group but the Circle itself.

She didn't have an issue with him crashing in the Free Council area- it was theirs after all. But she did want to know the important thing of if he had been acknowledged.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I still think it should be a monthly thing.” Cause who doesn’t like to eat? Yeah, she would pass on trying to cook something, it never went well.

A nod to Chambers, “Busy is certainly always good. But an afternoon or evening off, to just not do anything is always great too.” Everyone needed nights like that.

Glancing to Winter, “I agree, we shouldn’t trust the apparent calm. But would be nice to have an idea of what to look for aside from the usual.” She knew what to look for as far as Seekers, Sleepers and the such. But anything else? She wasn’t sure.

Laying low was something she did, so don’t expect her to draw attention. “I’m all for not drawing attention. But I’m not opposed to violence if need be.” And she might not be a magic healer, but she could still patch someone up if need be. Need the bleeding stopped? She was your girl. Need it stopped magically? Not your girl.

Then Witch brings up what could have been the biggest concern at the moment. The Acknowledgement of Walker. She didn’t have an answer, but if everyone was ok with moving that to the passed category, so was she. He might make her nervous about his chill and relaxed way, but that wasn’t her circus to deal with.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip didn`t need to hear it three times from Chambers. So he eagerly but politely ate what had been offered, giving Chambers an appreciative nod after confirming it was ok.

"As for t`s and i`s and acknowledgement, I`m not completely sure yet. But I suppose so."

he acknowledged half-heartedly and begrudgingly, when the topic came around. In truth, despite being his colleague, so far he didn`t really like Walker that much. So he`d wanted to draw out the question of acknowledgment as long as possible, but ok. After all, he had publicly agreed to let him crash in the Free Council section. So that was an annoyingly valid question, after what already seemed like an acknowledgement from him anyway, now that he thought about it.

He then added a questioning glance and eyebrow to October and Chambers on the subject of food every month.

Now that would be a welcome surprise.

On the subject of insight into awakened threats, he cast a questioning glance to Winter in solidarity with the others, nodding emphatically when October mentioned violence and anonymity.

And self-defense... If he agrees to lighten up and reveal anything at all, that is.

he thought, curiously, anxiously and slightly annoyed at the expected lack of a response from Winter, to the question about threats, on everyone`s mind.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

'Well if people like the addition of food, how would the idea of a rota sound?' Honestly I wouldn't mind doing it each month but this way people might be more invested.

Nodding at Winters's point, because after all caution is a good first step. 'Yes I agree keeping heads down is important.' He waves a hand at the air around him vaguely. 'It's why I don't walk around with anything in my pattern, it gives me away.' A moment to consider his approach. 'Perhaps we could start with something else. something we can find out ourselves but you can make more expedient for us.' And its something our enemies can find just as easily as we can. 'Do you know the locations of hallows, nodes or other sites of supernatural importance around the city? places we can actively monitor, that might attract dangerous attention if left unchecked.' Guard duty might not be glamorous but we have more than the circle to worry about after all.

As for the minuteman. Enough with the indecision. 'Walker hasn't done anything that breaks the lex, so I see no reason to bar him from acknowledgement.' Not my order, not my path but good grief someone has to make committed statement on this at some point. 'If you do break the lex, it has its punishments.' How those would be enforced goodness only knows but lets cross that bridge if we ever get to it.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"A plan to map the Hallows and the lay lines of the city was in the works. However we could never get it to completion, either for lack of manpower or for... complications", he says, letting the rest of the phrase linger in the air, painful memories brought back, "I'd be willing to assist in the endeavor"

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Oh gosh. They were... serious about food being ... officialized. She wasn't sure that was a word, but it was the first thing that popped to mind.

Well. She wasn't against it. She just ... didn't have the enthusiasm it seemed everyone else did. Whatever. She could make it work.

At Philip's ... acknowledgement? she fought not to frown. He wasn't completely sure, but he supposed so? WTF did that mean? A word was forming for the describe-in-one game though that was for sure. Glancing to Walker she offered a "Welcome to Sacramento."

As conversation shifted toward what was becoming standard with Winter, she settled back on her heels. She had already given what little history she had of events in the city, it was unlikely she would be needed again.

Walker Cytoskesis
    With Philip and Chambers' words, Walker is acknowledged. Please adjust his city status accordingly in his mini-sheet.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, it wasn’t a resounding ‘yes’ from Philip, but still sounded like a ‘yes’. Well….ish.
    Guess that worked for her.

Looking to Chambers, “I don’t mind, so long as no one minds store bought food cause this girl cannot cook.” She never had taken the time to learn.

Then Chambers asks the important questions. And offers his stamp of approval of Walker.

Followed by Witch seeming to give the thumbs up as well.

Not sure if her words counted or not, “Welcome.” She says to him.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

"Hear hear. I could bring chocolate chip cookies? If anyone`s interested?"

he said, enthusiastically agreeing with October. Store-bought ones, but still, cookies. And as for Walker, it seemed the others had actually agreed to acknowledge him, despite his faults. Well, he had too, technically. But he wasn`t all-too happy about it, so he didn`t comment on that any further. But when Winter spoke up, he became very attentive. Mapping the Hallows and lay lines of the city could be just the sort of census they needed to find out if there were any threats.

"So... as for mapping the city, you said? Count me in! While I don`t know how much help I`d be, that seems as good an idea as any to get a lay of the land and take stock of where we`re at in terms of problems and disposition, and we could hang the map in here somwhere. So I`d be game for reviving and continuing that idea, as it were. What do you guys think?"

he said, gesturing to the Circle to point out some places to hang the map, before turning to Chambers, October and Witch while avoiding too much contact with Walker with a shrug and eyebrows raised. He was curious. Perhaps they could get a bigger group together to continue the work that had apparently already been started. As long as the knowledge gained was freely accessible to everyone in the Circle, that was. But he expected that as a matter of course, so he didn`t think about that too much.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread