Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2311) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip was annoyed, he`d had a rough few days at work and didn`t really care enough to be on time at the Circle, though he easily could have been, as an Acanthus. So he came in casual, with a gray sweater, jacket, jeans and gray-yellow running shoes. Seeing Winter in the Circle before him made him slightly uneasy, as did seeing Walker. But he greeted all of the Awakened present with a smile. The smell of smoke did dampen his mood though, although he tried to appear strong outwardly so as to not discourage them, seeing as that it brought them happiness.

So let`s see, Walker and Chambers are having fun smoking... Indoors?! What? That has got to be illegal. But it seems they need it to improve their mood, despite it being a filthy habit. So I guess I`ll let it slide, and try to be strong for them. And great, just what I need, a continued discussion about his unrulyness.

he thought, annoyed and torn, rolling his eyes inwardly. It also seemed, because he was late, he`d missed at least some relevant talking points. He did catch the last parts Walker had said about himself, though. When he spoke of the `richy-rich people in assemblies doing the talking`, he cringed inside, because technically he qualified there. But he was annoyed at such people, too. This was why he disliked that mischaracterisation, taking Walker`s general statement somewhat personally. But he put it to Thyrsus overenthusiasm, and said nothing of it. After all, Walker didn`t seem to be the most politically correct person, after their first encounter at the Circle. And he was determined to keep him in good spirits, despite having only recently met him. His agreement with the others, last time, had been a major point he thought about over and over. He`d failed to stick by his colleague and encourage his lifestyle and happiness. So he was determined not to let Walker bother him, this time.

"Hi, guys. Sorry I`m so late, I`m just frustrated at work. What are you guys talking about? Did I miss anything interesting?"

he asked with a frown and a shrug, while still trying to keep up his smile and bursting into whatever conversation was currently ongoing. Meanwhile he went with firm strides from the door to further in the Circle, where the group had loosely gathered.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Part of her wanted to attend the meeting, getting to know the others was important. The other part didn’t, just because there just seemed to be drama and she just didn’t have the time.

But at the end, attending won out. She needed to get to know the other Awakened, seeing who she could form an alliance with, see who was trustworthy. If she was going to put down roots here, she needed to know who was a friend and who wasn’t.

There was a work meeting later on, so she was a bit more dressed up. No jeans, but comfortable business style flowing pants and a silk blouse. That way she could just head straight to the hospital after this.

Walking in, coffee in hand, she was surprised to not find anyone, but she heard voices, and follows the sounds. Finding herself in an outdoor courtyard, which was actually nice.

Spotting most of the Awakened, a small smile was offered, “Hey.” Taking a sip from a travel mug, “Hope I didn’t miss anything too exciting.”

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"So", he interrupts, "have you adjusted to the city yet?", he doesn't mind the other two smoking, even though it's not his style, other mages may take offense at the passive smoking.

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Spells emit the slight smell of car exhaust mixed with a dumpster. The ambiance of a busy city street can be heard in the distance; the revs and horns of cars, a group of people murmering, or the wind whistling through buildings.

Vulgar magic spreads cracks through nearby concrete or brickwork, the smells become overbearing, his clothing seems more ratty.
    Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Spirit (Coaxing the Spirit)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Spell Tolerance: 3
    Personal Spells: 0

PRE

"Ah, I'll be staying around here for a good minute. At least until there's some more Free Council representation. If I get to feelin' wild, I might take a hike down to Mt. Diablo or Eldorado...Those would just take a few days, though. As for staying under the radar...well, it helps that weed's legal." Walker takes another kolache in his cigarette hand and eats it before taking a puff with his weed hand, then his cigarette hand, his arms working to consume what's around him as if working a complicated machine. "And when's the last time you really made eye contact with a homeless guy, huh?" He smiles at the question. "We're the last ones who end up grabbing people's attention, FBI included."

As new attendants shuffle in, Walker nods at them. "Hey, guys. You didn't miss anything important. I'm just asking if I can crash here since there's a lot of homeless folks living in the streets and they keep kicking me out of my sleeping spots...plus, I need a place I can do magic without popping Sleeper brains and ripping holes in reality."

"Oh, thanks for asking Winter. I adjusted to the city the moment I walked into it. I'm loving it here. I think maybe the city just needs to adjust to me. The streets and the buildings sometimes don't like the stink of other cities if you travel a lot like I do."
    HP:Willpower:Mana

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Something about the way Walker methodically worked to eat up everything in his vicinity was … a little unsettling … it brought to mind other, hungry things. Hopefully its just due to his life style.

Although that was a much better suggestion. There is no more guaranteed way of keeping out of trouble than being out from under the eyes of law enforcement, you ever been to either place before?’ Although it seems foolish to think FBI hunting mages wouldn’t look under every rock much as I do for hints of the supernal. I won’t claim to be actively present in every stratum of society, and certainly not to your degree of dedication, but assumptions can be tricky things.’ Hopefully A word to the wise.

He turns his head to face away from anyone else in the court yard before exhaling into open space, a common curtesy.

Looking over to the entrance arch with October’s greeting. ‘October Hey, how’s things, looki …’ As Winter interrupts. Okay guess he’s feeling forthright today. The greeting left unfinished.

And maybe it was the day for it as Philip bursts into things as well. That was clearly a frown. While their relationship was definitely … a work in progress he bore the mage no ill will. ‘Its all good, its not a formal meeting so nothing to be late to.’ He offers a warm smile. ‘Come on out the suns actually got to a point its quite pleasant.’ Remembering the baking of the summer. Maybe the work stuff is why he and Walker don’t seem to have spoken yet, at least not based on the questions Walker was asking earlier, but it’s not my business to bring up how their order handles orientation.

'Oh I made sausage rolls if people want them.' Between him and Walker it seems a good few had already gone but the paper on the arched windowsill still held several.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Two months in a row outside? That was - ah...

The smell of weed tobacco cigarette smoke drifted to her. That explained it. Making her way through the circle toward the smell and presumably the people, she wondered idly if she would find Chambers and Philip going at it again or if it would be a conversation about how to fight the lie.

And turns out it was neither.

It was ... homemade food.

"That was nice of you," she said as a greeting as she approached the group. Noting silently that everyone was present.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip was surprised. It seemed food at the Circle was a new thing.
    ”Well, thanks. I just hope everyone is doing great.“

He said, addressing everyone, including the new arrivals, before continuing.

”This new food idea is great, by the way. Can I have one?”

He asked Chambers with a shrug, turning to face him. He would brave the smoke for free food anytime. He then turned his attention to Walker.
    Crash here? Homeless folk… streets?
    he thought, with a tinge of pity at Walker`s comments.

”Sure, I guess you can crash in our wing if you must. It`s back there."

he said, gesturing to Walker the general direction of the Free Council wing of the Circle.

”Just don`t blow the place up, please. I just recently cleaned it up.”

he said sarcastically, quite proud of himself for having found the time, but also worried because of Walker`s unruliness.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She wasn’t quite sure who Winter was talking to, “I know I have.” She tosses in, even if it wasn’t directed to her. “How’ve you been doing?” she asks the ever-stoic Winter.

Was she thrilled about the smoking? Not really, but she also didn’t care enough to draw more attention to it. So, her opinions on it stay with her as she takes a sip from her travel mug.

The Enchantress had nothing to add to what the new guy said, or anything to ask.

Looking to Chambers, who seemed to start saying something, only to not. “Things are busy, just the way I like them. And you?” choosing to remain a distance away from the smoke, it left a horrible smell that never left fabric, and not a stench she wanted to carry around. But she was close enough to still be able to talk.

Spotting Witch, she offers a wave, “Hey, how’ve you been?”

Eyes turn to Philip, “Things are going quite well, and looking forward to having some days off this week.” Lord knows she needed them, “Get to turn the work phone and pager off, it’s going to be great. And you? Anything exciting going on?”

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"I'm glad the both of you are adjusting.... more or less", he says keeping an eye for the homeless, "and I'm sure nobody will object if you intend to lodge here", it had been far too desolate until now.
    "But don't underestimate the nature of the threat I've warned you about. Danger appears whenever things look calm"

10. Bump "Bump" this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bump

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread