Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2311) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Spells emit the slight smell of car exhaust mixed with a dumpster. The ambiance of a busy city street can be heard in the distance; the revs and horns of cars, a group of people murmering, or the wind whistling through buildings.

Vulgar magic spreads cracks through nearby concrete or brickwork, the smells become overbearing, his clothing seems more ratty.
    Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Spirit (Coaxing the Spirit)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Spell Tolerance: 3
    Personal Spells: 0

PRE

At around 5AM, Walker had dipped into the Circle of Creation to relax after having spent a rough night on the streets of LA. Out of all the places he had stayed, the street life in this city was the rockiest. He found a nice place to sleep through the night in an alleyway behind a dumpster before he was accosted by somebody, high on something, with requests that he move from their spot. He'd behaved himself. No stealing, public intoxication, or bar fights. Though, the inhibition weighed on him like a withdrawal.

Perhaps now was the time to try and get at least a semi-permanent place to stay. He'd ask to stay here, as soon as someone with some authority showed up. Until then, he placed a dirty, bent, poorly-wrapped blunt in his mouth and smoked the last of what weed he was able to scrounge from what Sleeper friends he'd made in his short time here. Sitting up against the Chapel's Altar, Walker thumped a beat with his right foot, and sang the lyrics to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" against the acoustics of the grand hall between puffs while he waited.
    HP:Willpower:Mana

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

In true form Chambers enters the circle pulling on blue robes and patting down pockets with one hand to make she he has everything he thinks he’s going to want. The other holding a wrapped package that smells of food.

Homemade sausage rolls nice quality target 2 successes, 4 successes achieved

His stride purposeful but measured. The smell is the first thing he notices. It doesn’t bother him the Mysterium have an entire branch dedicated to that sort of thing after all. It’s the lack of consideration for others that irks at him.

It doesn’t take him long to find the source, and his mood softens slightly to see the state of the Sharman.
    Looks like you had a rough night. I was going to grab a smoke in the courtyard, care to join me? I've got home made sausage rolls.’ he waves the grease paper package. He looks like he could use some food.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Spells emit the slight smell of car exhaust mixed with a dumpster. The ambiance of a busy city street can be heard in the distance; the revs and horns of cars, a group of people murmering, or the wind whistling through buildings.

Vulgar magic spreads cracks through nearby concrete or brickwork, the smells become overbearing, his clothing seems more ratty.
    Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

PRE

Chambers showed, interrupting Walker mid-inhale. He stood, "hey, what's up man?" He says through a lungful of smoke. He takes a moment to exhale through his nostrils at the sight of the sausage rolls as his stomach gives a manic rumble. "Smokes and kolaches? I'm so down, bro. That sounds great, thanks." As Walker turns toward the exit leading to the Common Yard, he holds the blunt toward Chambers, expecting him to take it. A kneejerk reaction. "Oh, they call those things kolaches in Texas. I dunno why. A street performer in San Antonio told me it had something to do with the Czechs."

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'Ah not for me thanks.' Placing the package on one of the open window arches into the courtyard, he opens it to allow people to help themselves to the giant golden pastries within. The hands dart about the robes again pulling out tobacco pouch, pipe and a booklet of matches. 'I'm covered.' and moments later the rose, clove and cinnamons scents of his smoke serve to help mask those of walkers drug of choice. 'I just find its to good manners to do it outside, not everyone has made the same life choices I have.' He taps the off white pipe to emphasise, not everyone wants to be breathing it in, and hopes Walker will take the lesson.

'Looks like you've had it rough recently?' that's putting it mildly. 'Not to pry, but is everything alright?' While I don't agree with everything I've learned of you so far the Consilium exists so our community can support each other not just judge and punish, maybe an open hand will do you some good.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

PRE

"Everything's great, man. I'm loving Sacramento. The trees around here are crazy, I've never seen more green in a city before. Really fuckin' unique spiritual ecosystem." Walker seems genuinely in love with the area as he takes another puff off his blunt. He doesn't comment on Chambers' lesson on smoking outdoors. Either it went over his head or he got distracted at the opportunity to gush about the city. Either way, he's no longer currently smoking indoors. "Some asshole chased me out of my alleyway spot last night, though, so I'm a little beat. I usually like sleeping on the streets, but you guys have a lot of homeless vets here to bump shoulders with." Walker makes a motion to pass the blunt off to Chambers again, but takes a beat to stop himself, then take another hit. "Since I'd rather not take up an unnecessary spot with so little free pavement space open, was wanting to see if I could crash here. Keep in mind I only stay nights, I usually spend my days cruisin' around."

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

You like sleeping on the streets?’ The question was forward, almost rude even but that had surprised him. He breathes in through the pipe coaxing the ember in the bowl to life buying a few moments to regain his balance.

‘From what Philip has said I would have thought the free council were all rich, using money and power against the seers and what not.’ Walker definitely didn’t fit that understanding.

Throwing an arm wide at the room behind them, robes flowing a little with the grand motion. ‘From what I understand the circle is a safe place for the acknowledged awakened of the city, and those looking to sign up as long as no undue trouble is brought on the heads of the rest and they hold to the lex.' I might be a little sketchy on the details but think that's the jist of it.

Since Walker hadn’t, he picks up one of his own sausage rolls, he knows his baking isn’t that bad. ‘Somewhere round here is an area for the free council specifically I believe, if you’re looking for something a little more private. Though you’d have to ask Philip exactly where that is. I only know my own orders area for certainty.’ And that very brief investigation had given him enough cause for concern.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He arrives a few minutes later, casually dressed, his walk equally relaxed. After standing for a couple minutes outside, smoking the last cigarette, he enters inside. "Hey", he says, approaching the other two awakened. Surprised to see them.

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

PRE

"Yeah! Ever since my awakening, I can't stand being in the same place for a long time. Having a home ended up feeling like how you might feel staying in your kitchen pantry all day, every day. Cities are endless gift boxes with fun, new places to explore." Walker reaches for a kolache and pops one in his mouth. His stomach thanks him. "Free Council has all types. Most of the richy-rich people stay in the Assemblies and do a lot of talking. I tried that, couldn't stand it. That's why I'm a minuteman, I get to live life how I like and roam the streets, then answer the call when they need me." Swallowing his meal, Walker takes out his own cigarette and lights it while toking from his blunt at the same time. He places both between his fingers and removes them from his mouth, exhaling a combination of weed and tobacco smoke. "Besides, you show me a Thyrsus with a lot of money, and I'll show you a Thyrsus who would give all of it away for a cross-country road trip and a night under the stars."

"Thanks for the offer, I figured I was allowed to stay here, but I didn't want to assume. Especially since some seem to take exception with my lifestyle" He smiles impishly, clear that he doesn't take their exceptions too seriously. "I've stayed out of trouble, though. I'd rather not get on your bad sides."

Walker's head turns toward Winter as he approaches. "Hey, man. We're having smokes and kolaches, come join!"

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

So its a choice, a way his watchtower expresses itself in his life. Okay. 'So how long do you plan on staying if you don't like being in the same place for to long?' Taking the pipe out to take bite of his snack. Hm, these didn't turn out to badly if I say so myself.

Turning at the greeting. 'Greetings Winter, keeping well?'

Okay two at once might be indicative of a bigger problem. Do we do interventions? 'Speaking for myself here, its less I object to how you live and more my concerns over secrecy and safety. We all take risks be it from casting vulgar magic to a high profile job, but must remember we, as a Consilium, we are more than ourselves what we do impacts the safety of others.' He makes as if to go on but stops himself short of a full blown lecture. 'Its good you've been keeping out of trouble.'. A show of self control a good thing.
    Health
    Mana

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread