Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Indeed it does," it showed he did read the laws, at least. Then his strangely worded question was met with an arched eyebrow, "Have you ever encountered a situation where it hurt to demonstrate respect to those who have earned it?"

"As for acknowledgement, that is what we have been working through." A grin crosses the Lord's face, "I do like to be thorough, especially when it comes to signs you would commit a faux pas. Ignoring it would only be setting you up for failure and embarrassing the Kings of Sacramento. Even worse, embarrassing me."

"Your prior statement leads me to believe you have not committed the act of Amaranth," the statement was said with the inflection of a question- or at least a desire for a confirmation.

Blood Hunt:

Father Lamech
    Father McGrath
    Presence
    (Sanctified)
    Bad Breeding
    (Malkovian)
    Resources
    (Meagre savings)
    Douglas Lamech

There is something else behind the eyes... (-2 to all Social Rolls)
    Demeanor

Preacher Lamech seems to put extra care into his posture, as if he had never allowed his shoulders to drop or his spine to bend.

Though he looks in each Kindred's eyes with genuine love, any close inspection reveals behind his expression a manic awe, or paternalistic condescension depending on the relative blood potency

PRE

Lamech smiled, finding the question humorous in its brazenness. "No, sir. I haven't. For predator to turn on predator is a grave perversion of God's will." The preacher takes a beat to consider Jack's advice on the search for privileges in this domain. "So, in the event that you grant me the luxury of acknowledgement, my next task would be to seek an audience with the Prince to request the privilege of Hunting and Tenancy; as the modus operandi for me and others in my sect typically involved using a Kine-facing religious establishment, as well as a practice of preaching the Bible with equal passion as we do the Testament in order to cultivate a herd for feeding."
    Health: Willpower:Vitae
    Text colored like this are hallucinations. Pay them no mind.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack nodded, satisfied with the response Lamech provided.

He listened to the plan in its entirety before leaning back in his seat, "That is certainly one option." He left the statement linger in the air for a few moments, "Your very next task is to seek an audience with the highest Domain official to request something that is typically earned through merit or action." A coy grin smoothed along his lips, "How do you anticipate such a conversation with a Savage panning out?"

"You are aware that acknowledgment grants you the permission to establish a small herd and haven, yes?" His fingers flicked softly to the side, "This surely would give you the ability to establish some roots as you work to earn such additional privileges as tenancy and hunting rights. Perhaps you might even be successful in impressing me enough to grant them in that time."

Blood Hunt:

Father Lamech
    Father McGrath
    Presence
    (Sanctified)
    Bad Breeding
    (Malkovian)
    Resources
    (Meagre savings)
    Douglas Lamech

Demeanor

Preacher Lamech seems to put extra care into his posture, as if he had never allowed his shoulders to drop or his spine to bend.

Though he looks in each Kindred's eyes with genuine love, any close inspection reveals behind his expression a manic awe, or paternalistic condescension depending on the relative blood potency

PRE

"Understood," Lamech folds his hands on his lap in front of him. "Then, you're giving me the ladder. I must climb." The preacher glances over at the window once more. The hunter now presses its face against the glass. "From the Lord's court, back to the dirt," its voice jeers over and over in echoes that reverberate around the cabin. His eyes go to the floor of the car, then back up to meet Jack's. "Then, aside from my regular duties as a Lancean Priest, I'll make myself a tool in service of this domain's leadership." Lamech's eyebrows knit in thought for a moment. "Though, I've never needed to prove myself to anyone other than the Lord, and His instructions are written clearly...There are many Kindred here that are much more potent than I in both power and influence. Aside from my calling as an envoy for God, what use could I be?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I believe that is for you to decide," he shrugged. "I can assure you there is opportunity if you look for it. Growth can lead you to unexpected paths..."

"With your understanding of the Laws I have but a final question for you this evening," the Lord's posture stiffened and his hands crossed over each other on his lap. "Do you, Mister Lamech, swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori and her chosen Officers of her Court and to abide by and uphold the Laws of the Domain?"

Blood Hunt:

Father Lamech
    Father McGrath
    Presence
    (Sanctified)
    Bad Breeding
    (Malkovian)
    Resources
    (Meagre savings)
    Douglas Lamech

Demeanor

PRE

Not above your loyalty to God and His Holy plan

Of course not...Though I doubt the two will conflict, my Lord.

Lamech solemnly retrieves the Testament from within his robes and sets it on his lap, then places his left hand on top. "As God is my witness, I swear loyalty to Alessandra Antinori and her chosen Officers of her Court and to abide by and uphold the Laws of the Domain." He recites the pledge with the measured candor he would when tasked with repeating entire Books of the Testament in one sitting back home. Perhaps a bit much to repeat the whole thing in some circles, but the Preacher's Requiem placed special significance onto these verbal shows of devotion.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very good," the Lord nodded with approval. "I grant you acknowledgement in the Domain and you may feed in the communal grounds of the city. As I mentioned earlier, you are permitted to establish a small Haven and Herd with that acknowledgement."

The Lord reached behind his head and knocked twice on the barrier between the cab in where the two Kindred were, "Do you have any other questions for me this evening?"

You may now change your domain status to 1

Blood Hunt:

Father Lamech
    Father McGrath
    Presence
    (Sanctified)
    Bad Breeding
    (Malkovian)
    Resources
    (Meagre savings)
    Douglas Lamech

Demeanor

PRE

Lamech smiles "Thank you for the acknowledgement. No, I believe that's it for now. If I have any other reason to contact you, I'll do so. More discreetly next time, I assure you." The preacher pulls out his Kine Bible and takes a few breaths, readying himself to face the public "And once again, I do appreciate your meeting with me"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very good," was all that needed to be said. The masquerade would be protected and there would be no further incidents.

He nodded as the SUV pulled back up to the hotel where they started, "I wish you luck and success in your endeavors here Mister Lamech. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread