Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2310) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

As Philip rounded on him, the words flow past chambers much as they did in their first meeting. As the month, prior when their views collided, he also seeks Philips eyes … what's different … what the enchanter would see looking into the pale blue ... the humour of the Mystagogue, ever close to the surface, flickers and dies … the Necromancer holds his gaze. Weighing him, until Philip turns away to ashamedly address the rest.

With Philip still turned away, chambers moves his considering gaze to October. Each word in the soft measured tone he’d so far reserved for serious talk. ‘Thank you for your candour, October. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be acknowledged here.’ What that countered for he wasn’t entirely sure, but he’d been the only one to ask a question so best to make clear he had no objections.

Eyes back to regard Philip. The same measured tone he has used to try and bridge the gap with him only last month. ‘I would remind you Philip Crosen. You did not in fact answer my questionNo October arrived and you put the conversation on ice. He could say more, but why? Better let the enchanter get caught up in his own show of indignation. Get caught, and learn, hopefully.

Aware of the new arrival, the first awakened he had not greeted with a smile. ‘Welcome Walker.’ The bare Minimum manners would allow. No need for signals with this one. Witch might want to move ahead but, once again it was Philip that had the most common cause if he could see his way to doing it.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Welcome to Sacramento, Walker", he nods to the newcomer, "It's not the largest Consilium, but so far we've managed. I'm Winter"

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Spells emit the slight smell of car exhaust mixed with a dumpster. The ambiance of a busy city street can be heard in the distance; the revs and horns of cars, a group of people murmering, or the wind whistling through buildings.

Vulgar magic spreads cracks through nearby concrete or brickwork, the smells become overbearing, his clothing seems more ratty.
    Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Spirit (Coaxing the Spirit)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Spell Tolerance: 3
    Personal Spells: 0

PRE

Walker smiled and nodded to each member of the Sacramento Concilium, his eyes darting between Philip and Chambers a moment to confirm that the vibe was off, but he elected not to address it. "Thanks for the warm welcome, guys." At Witch's question, he leaned back in his chair and gave his history a moment's thought. "I mean...I got thrown in the drunk tank back in Dallas about a year and a half ago...Got in a bar fight in Vegas...Ticket for loitering in Oklahoma City..." His eyes search the ceiling and his mouth quietly moves with his thoughts before he comes to a conclusion and leans forward to meet her eyes again. "I think that's it! I'm not involved with any wacky Awakened stuff. I mostly do my mischief with Sleepers..." He realizes late that the last part might sound reckless for an Awakened. "But I haven't even caused disbelief once," He holds up two fingers "Scout's honor."
    HP:Willpower:Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip had been cold and hostile before, but also patient. He`d tried to explain his points as well as he could to Chambers, so his response that he hadn`t answered anything was met with a quizzical, puzzled, exasperated look. He`d expected a longer response, and an apology for his rudeness, too. Chambers had manifestly somehow not accepted his answer. His reaction in general made him almost more furious, because his answer in a short, measured response almost appeared as if he not only didn`t accept it, but was also looking down on Philip and letting him trip on his own seeming contradictions and not even meriting a greater response.

On the other hand, I guess it`s possible we`re talking past each other, anything else, and we`re back to next level.

he pondered, relaxing his gaze and composure while inwardly slapping himself for his outburst, before the others.
    Witch`s response had been a surprise though, and he refocused to the tasks of acknowledgement at hand. Chambers would have to wait.

”Well I`ll try to answer in more detail later if I somehow misunderstood what you wanted to know.“ he said, shrugging at Chambers.

He knew that this was him shelving the topic again, but he`d tried to answer to his best knowledge and genuinely didn`t know what more Chambers wanted to know. Not that he was in much mood to accommodate him anyway, because of the events at the park and now his most recent accusation, which he hadn`t even bothered to apologise for, unless it was a misunderstanding.

As the new guy introduced himself, he was a bit curious about what exactly he meant by `mischief with sleepers` but he let it slide. He was his superior-ish after all. On a more personal note, he was interested in what he knew of the Strategos` plans for Sacramento. And, being a Minuteman, he certainly seemed enthusiastic to get into trouble, despite not having gotten into any yet. According to him at least.

”Well, that doesn`t sound like many problems. I think.”

Afterwards, he gave Walker the look, hoping inwardly that Walker would understand and come to him for discussing Free Council things alone with him. He then responded to October enthusiastically, turning to face her:

”Well, October, so you`re here to stay for a year at least. Sounds good, and we`ve already established you don`t bring any trouble. Great. I`d say that acknowledges you in my eyes, what about you guys?”
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Well.

She hadn't thought her good mood at the season could be snuffed. And it wasn't. Yet.

But it sure was taking a beating.

Her gaze flickered to Chambers, not quite an eye roll at his needling Philip to the side conversation between the two of them, but close. And then they closed as she exhaled, thoughts of pumpkins and full moons sought and counted.

When her eyes opened again, she looked to October .

"Welcome to the Sacramento Awakened.

Unless someone speaks up to bar October's Ack, I think you are good to raise her status Orianna

Turning her look to Walker, she frowned slightly, "I do not necessarily agree with Philip. Law enforcement may not be us, but it's risky and dangerous to create a history like that. It's not ... mischief." Her tone was slightly scornful of his characterization.

Arms crossing, her voice fell quiet. She was not going to bar his acknowledgment. She disliked his cavalier attitude, but it wasn't against the rules. And if he had no issues that the Consilium would be dealing with ... well, she wouldn't bar his acknowledgment. But she wasn't going to speak for finalizing it.

6. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod to Chambers, both a thank you and an understanding. Candour was a good thing, when she kept it in check anyways.

But seemed he wasn’t content to let Philip off the hook for whatever transgression there had been between them. She had no opinion on it, no dog in the fight and was content to let them work it out. Unless they couldn’t and it became a security issue.

Eyebrow arches at Walkers words, not liking them. “Sounds like someone is just looking to draw attention and put us at risk.” Mental note, avoid him in public, she would not put herself at risk for someones amusement.

Now Philip not seeing a problem? Also concerning.

“Thank you, Witch.” And her words on Walker were well spoken, better then what she wanted to say. Stupid popped into her mind, bright lights and flashing. “I also agree with you.” Their numbers might be small, but she knew one she would be avoiding.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

No objections come from Chambers regarding October’s acknowledgement. And that makes five.

The measured calm focused on Philip persists for a moment or two more, before he lets his shoulders go and loosens his posture. ‘Yes, I think talking soon would do us some much needed good.’ Otherwise acquiescing to what he hopes is a silent agreement to leave this for now but to talk soon. Now without his number how do I extend that Olive branch?

And it seems my and Philips spat has wound down just in time for the second act, mischief hm? Looking from Walker to the two awakened grilling the new arrival. Mindful that he had caused enough of a scene today so its time to be on better behaviour and this one seems like it might need a little more digging into.
    ‘Walker, same as I said to October your business is yours so you can spare the details if you want but I feel the need to ask, were all of these breaches of the law registered under the same name? … and are you currently under investigation for anything?’ We define mischief differently, but even the most diligent awakened create a mess once in a while, how good is he at clearing them up? at not leaving a trail?
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Spells emit the slight smell of car exhaust mixed with a dumpster. The ambiance of a busy city street can be heard in the distance; the revs and horns of cars, a group of people murmering, or the wind whistling through buildings.

Vulgar magic spreads cracks through nearby concrete or brickwork, the smells become overbearing, his clothing seems more ratty.
    Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Spirit (Coaxing the Spirit)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Spell Tolerance: 3
    Personal Spells: 0

PRE

Walker rolled his eyes as the criticisms came pouring in while he downed the rest of his coffee. There was a moment of expectant silence while he tipped the cup upside down into his mouth, then reached over to fill his cup again, his feet still propped up on a chair across from him. "Dangerous?...Draw attention?" He takes a sip. "Under investigation?...Guys, you gotta relax. I dunno what first-precept-breaching wackjobs you've had to deal with before me, but I'm not one of them. I got the Lex Magica rundown like everybody else, and I'm working well within those rules, even if I like to have a little fun."

"I mean," Walker turns his head to Witch and October, leaning forward in his chair a bit, a thus-far uncharacteristic twinge of annoyance clear on his face as he does so. "Who's attention are you worried I'll draw? Sleepers? I'm not Chris Angel out here, doing magic in the streets; and the US has the largest prison population in the world. It'd be more suspicious if I didn't break the law every once in a while. Are you worried I'll tip off the Seers? If you don't think they already know about your big fuckoff cathedral in the middle of the city," he points to the ceiling of the Consilium chamber to demonstrate the point, "then you're crazy or dumb."

Walker turns then to Chambers to address his question "Yep, everything on my record is on the name my mama gave me." He leans back in his chair, at rest again. "I don't have any intention on changing it, either. Besides, it's not like I'm shifting the laws of reality to rob banks. Every crime I've committed was a misdemeanor at worst, most of which I've paid the time or money for. If I'm under investigation, it's for something I didn't do."
    HP:Willpower:Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He clears his throat, abruptly interrupting Walker. "We've had our fair share of trouble with the law. A few years ago the Circle was the target of a cell of Hunters. Not just that, the FBI dispatched a special unit to investigate the paranormal happenings in the area. They developed tools that could detect us. If possible, lay low and stay away from trouble. Things have quieted down, but you can never tell who's going to respond, a simple misdemeanor could escalate into a full blown investigation"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip had initially wanted to ingratiate himself to his fellow Free Council colleague so he`d let it slide. But it was apparent that Walker`s `mischief` and `fun` had become the topic of concern. Also curious was Winter`s rundown on the history of Sacramento. The conversation had apparently prompted him to be more forthcoming than usual. And that was concerning. So he frowned, lost in thought.

The FBI has tools that can detect us? Problems with hunters? Misdemeanors ending with investigations? Now that is concerning. Especially combined with how cavalier Walker seems to present himself. And how he admitted all of the investigations against him were under his birth name. Perhaps I let him off the hook too fast.

”I hate to say this, Walker. But if it`s true that misdemeanors can lead to investigations here and they have special detection equipment... Then, yeah. Just stay out of trouble from now on? And the mundies aren`t dumb, they`ll follow a trail if they see one. I didn`t know it was as bad as Winter said, though.”

he said exasperatedly, agreeing with the others, while gesturing to Winter and crossing his fingers, hoping he was coming across as wise and not as a smart-a.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread