Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2310) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He's running pretty late, the informal nature of the setting as much to blame as the weather. October leads to Halloween which in turn leads to Winter. Though, this year affords the luxury of dressing light.
    He chuckles a bit at his own joke, ashing the cigarette one last time, before he takes the central gate and heads straight to the central hall, where the others should probably already be.
    And there they are, in fact.

"Looks like we're all here, hello", he states, matter of fact.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

But Philip hadn`t forgiven Chambers. He was still seething and looking to take his revenge on him later for the humiliating afternoon with Witch. He`d taken the slight personally, and his smooth words had only slightly soothed his itch. Besides it just wasn`t the right opportunity at the moment. So he`d pretended to acquiesce for the time being. After all, revenge was a dish best served cold. Not that he`d ever admit his revenge would be in any way connected to the park incident. Outwardly, he was continuing to maintain his fake sincere expression with Chambers, but it was Witch who snapped him out of his inward brooding with her jest. Turning to her, he answered:

”Doesn`t hurt to try. Who knows, maybe I`ll get lucky.”

At Winter`s arrival he scoffed inwardly, going back to his brooding, this time about Winter`s reservedness.

Great, Mr. Cold Shoulder is here. He wouldn`t tell me anything new about himself if I told him my full resume, and now he gets to hear what I tell October for free.... I need to make some excuse to stall him and prevent him from knowing any more about me if they press, because there`s no way he`s reciprocating anything. So I`ll start with what I already told him, I think. Ooh, this is tricky… I`m gonna have to dig deep to make sure I don`t tell him anything new.

Outwardly, he greeted Winter with a smile, though. ”Oh, hi Winter, nice to see you.”

He then turned his attention back to October to tell her (and those present besides Witch and Winter who already knew) some things more about what he did, making sure to not let anything show his anger at Chambers or annoyance at Winter:

”So anyway, at the Free Council I work for a group called the `T.E.L.M. Trust`. Basically, it`s my job to use whatever influence, power and connections I have in my day job as a sort of consultant, to prevent the Seers from accumulating power and financial clout over the markets in the manner that they want. Ideally by taking it away from them and redirecting it towards Pentacle purposes. You would fit right in with your connections from the place you moved here from. And that`s the `using the Lie to fight it` thing I`ve been talking about. Although I don`t know if you heard that part of our discussion when you first came. ”
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Witch grinned at Chambers, the smile a good natured silent answer and then shared the smile with October and her compliment, "Thank you- and sure, it's a holiday worth celebrating after all."

At the apology, a simple "It's tricky thing that," was the response. Something something throwing stones and glass houses. She had caught the tenseness that had descended upon the group last time with October's words and she had no doubt the apology was a smart move on the part of the newcomer. Even if she did believe what she had said, as hinted at- sometimes things weren't better said out loud.

Glancing toward Winter, she greets him with a nod and a small lift of her hand. She was glad to see him show up if they were to proceed with deciding upon October's acknowledgment. And it wasn't Free Council everyone-gets-a-vote shenanigans but sheer respect for the hierarchy of their shared Order. Even if they had no Councilor, there were still the tenants.

Philip's greeting toward the man rolled into ... oh, he was serious. She fought to not roll her eyes. More than once.

"I know better than to go against an Acanthus when luck is involved ... but perhaps we confirm her status in the city first?" Witch finally was able to slide in when Philip took a breath.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she also sips her coffee, “I did.” Then considering his words, “Uh, I can dig around and see if I still have some contacts.” She wasn’t sure, things get lost in moves, but she’d look.

“Without a good ethic, what do you have?” nothing.

Spotting Winter, ever stoic in his presence, “Hi Winter.” Maybe she should have done the apology when everyone was present instead of one by one. Cause it was not only tedious, but she didn’t want her words to dismissed as insincere. “I wanted to say that I’m sorry for my choice of words last month, I spoke without really considering them and the effect they could have.” It was true, she was used to saying what came to mind. She hoped he would accept, but also understood if not. But she wasn’t here to make enemies, and owning her mistakes was important to her.

Oh, he was doing it now, the whole Order thing. She figured he’d want to talk in private or something. But…ok.

“My connections? Like with the Awakened there?”
    a slight shrug, “I have a few, but they are mainly related to my profession. But it does sound like an intriguing, though difficult thing to focus on. I hope you’ve been successful.” Trying to be diplomatic. “I’m honestly not sure where I fit in yet.” She wasn’t even recognized here yet.

A grateful smile to Witch, “I would like to discuss that, answer questions and all that. I got off on the wrong foot last month, but hope you guys are willing to take a chance on me.” She wasn’t all bad and didn’t always offend everyone in a room.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Chuckling at Witch’s silent response. ‘It seems this is the month for mages in these parts then.’

And for he expects to be the last time today the easy grin. That makes everyone.Hey, Winter, been well?’ Chambers had only been to a few of these but it was already hard to think of the quite man not being present. He added a certain weight, formality, balance to the dynamic that this necromancer appreciated.

Oh, so he wasn’t so chagrined after all. ‘And by the way you hung your head last time I thought maybe you’d reconsidered your position.Right scholarship forbids deceit for a reason. ‘Quite the showman it would seem.’ If the contrition had been an act, what else? Eyes hold to the enchanter for a few moments.

Brow creasing in thought as Witch broaches the subject, regarding October’s acknowledgement. Witch took the lead on mine and seems to be here, she shares a path with Philip, and knows Winter from prior experience. What questions does that leave me …
    Last month .. you mentioned you left because you were called away for work … and returned when work offered you a position out this way … what you do is your business, but what are the chances of your work interfering with any awakened occupations, or even calling you away again?’ If they were going to face who knows what in the future it felt reasonable to gauge her reliability.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

That was an interesting question. He knew where he stood. Witch was likely to share his mission.
    What about the others? Could they rely on them?
    He nods, Chambers had a point, but he doesn't say anything, rather, he waits for October's answer.

Presence
    (laid-back)
    Walker

Nimbus:

Spells emit the slight smell of car exhaust mixed with a dumpster. The ambiance of a busy city street can be heard in the distance; the revs and horns of cars, a group of people murmering, or the wind whistling through buildings.

Vulgar magic spreads cracks through nearby concrete or brickwork, the smells become overbearing, his clothing seems more ratty.
    Rotes

Life (Bread Alone)
    Life (Purify Bodies)
    Prime (Discern Phantasm)
    Spirit (Coaxing the Spirit)
    Other Merits & Equipment

Equipment:
    Wallet
    -Library Card
    -ID (Patrick Ross)
    Cigarettes
    Lighter
    Combat

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Spell Tolerance: 3
    Personal Spells: 0

PRE

Walker stopped on the sidewalk in front of the giant cathedral that supposedly made up Sacramento's Concilium building and stared up at the structure for a moment before removing a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. He read the address he had scrawled on the front before leaving his old city, 4051 Zinfandel Drive. A quick glance at the nearby street sign confirmed it.

They always need to spring for the big, fancy building. Couldn't they have just gotten a Mastigos to fit the place in a house somewhere?

The paper was placed back in his pocket as he pushed on one of the massive double doors and poked his head into the place to take a glance around before heading inside. He hoisted the ratty sack that carried his few belongings and walked a short distance into the Circle of Creation while inspecting the massive interior. "Jesus, what a spot." he muttered to himself, before spotting a small grouping of Awakened having a meeting. He approached with a short wave. "Hey, guys. Sorry to barge in...Oh fuck, muffins?" Walker approached the table that held the muffins and set down his bag. "Name's Walker. Thyrsus, Free Council Minuteman. Came down from Phoenix." He rattled off his credentials as he made himself a meal of two pumpkin spice muffins and a cup of coffee. "Heard a Strategos talking about the lack of Awakened in Sacramento, so here I am to offer my services." He took a bite of one of his muffins and a sip of coffee, then pulled up two chairs, one to sit on and another to rest his legs on. "Don't mind me too much, I'm just here to introduce myself and do what I'm told." He mumbled through a mouthful of coffee-soaked pumpkin spice.
    HP:Willpower:Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

With the new guy making his presence known, he gave him a welcoming smile, despite him interrupting a difficult conversation.
    ”Nice to meet you Walker, I`m Philip Crosen. Acanthus, Free Council Voter and part of the T.E.L.M. Trust. Glad to see the Free Council in Sacramento is getting some more presence. But further introductions will have to wait.”

After the obligatory like-for-like introduction with his Free Council colleague, he immediately turned his full attention back to Chambers. His expression changed from casual and friendly to just a hint of coldness and fury as he turned to face him, looking him straight in the eye. Despite his interest in the new arrival, he simply couldn`t let Chambers` accusation go. He`d had the guts to accuse him of either lying or something else, in front of everyone present. And there were now four others present, besides him and Chambers.

Subtle. I mean, he still makes me mad from the time at the park but this is… interesting, to put it very mildly, and taking things to the next level. Calling my entire character into question by accusing me of putting on an act last time! And in front of a Free Council Minuteman, no less! In for a penny, I guess. I can give him a tongue lashing too, though!

” You asked about the `Free Council Fights` last time and I gave you my answer. And unless I misunderstood you or you`d care to withdraw it you just accused me of being a `showman`, with all its implications and venom, as thanks. We had an interesting discussion last time, or so I thought. And I thought the end of that conversation summed up my changed positions nicely. But if you must know, I actually thought about that conversation for a while, afterwards. And it did change some things at work and how I approach it. But if you thought that caused me to change my work entirely, then you`re mistaken.”
    Turning to the others, slightly ashamed, he added:

”Sorry for that outburst, guys.”

He then turned back to October, awaiting her answer to Chambers` question curiously, despite his earlier tirade. If she even still wanted to answer after that, that was.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

There was no crash, but she felt the vaguest sensation of whiplash.

Letting out a breath which may or may not have come with an internal counting, she looked to Philip

"We don't need an apology ... we need focus. October is seeking acknowledgment. While we don't have Councilors at the moment, you are her path mate." One would assume you would be thus invested.

Her gaze shifted to the new guy ... Walker? she thought she had caught in the flurry of words that had filled the space in the last few minutes. "We have no other acknowledge Thyrsus, but welcome to Sacramento. It sounds like you are seeking the same. So- same deal. Any baggage or history that we need to know about that you are bringing? Or that would interfere with duties here that come with acknowledgment?"

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An exhausted look was given to Chambers, sighing, she just wanted to get Acknowledged and move on. But seemed Chambers and Philip were content to go back and forth. Drama was not her thing, she had too much going on to dive into it.

Oh, now we’re back to business.

“I’m a trauma surgeon, and I mainly travel to various level one trauma centers when needed. A hospital here in Sacramento reached out again, wanting me to take on a more permanent position, and I agreed. But I asked them to give me a predetermined amount of time before I signed for longer than a couple months. If I’m Acknowledged, there is a good chance I’m here for at least a year, maybe longer. Work interfering with anything Awakened?” a look of confusion, “None. My work and my Awakened life have never mixed, which is why I tend to be careful with who knows where I work.”

Seems Sacramento was becoming popular. How long would this one have to wait to get Acknowledged? Or was it just those without Orders that faced the delay?

Philip’s outburst brought the same look, seemed those two would need a bonding session or some shit. Maybe go for a spy day together.

Witch got it, Witch seemed to understand.

Focus. No more squirrel moments, but could it be done?

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread