Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2310) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

In her opinion, the weather hadn’t gotten too cold yet. But it wasn’t as warm as it had been, hence the leather jacket.

Walking into the Circe, she wasn’t sure what to expect this time. It had seemed her honesty had rubbed pretty much everyone the wrong way. Which is to be expected, but she did hope it would open up communication and other sharing their thoughts and opinions.

As a sort of peace offering, she had stopped on her over and got some muffins and a box of coffee. Now while there were some pumpkin flavored muffins, there was also chocolate, strawberry and blueberry ones. A few of each. She hadn’t understood the fascination with pumpkin spice.

Not seeing anyone just yet, she finds a place to set the boxes down and pours herself a cup and pulls out a blueberry muffin. Leaning against a wall, she waits. Would she be setting down roots here, or asking for a job transfer. Only Time was going to tell.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Fastening his Robes at the neck as he strolls in. Pipe already in place bowl facing down, he sought comfort from the object itself today. The always accompanying pack absent for the first time. He had come to the conclusion the circle was safe, he didn’t need to be ready for a dozen unlikely scenarios.

And of course, this was the first time something had changed, although not in a bad way. The scent of coffee, while not his drink of choice is never a bad start to anything, pulls him along.

The source swiftly evident. The inclusion of coffee fit October well, it just seemed to add to the sense that she had everything together.

The last thing she said, a jab at something he held in high regard, not forgotten but time had passed and he had remembered that his way, was not everyone’s way.

Making his way leisurely over. A gentle smile offering salutations as he approaches. ‘Greetings October.’ He resisted the obvious pun; he didn’t know her well enough yet. ‘Keeping well I trust? settling in going okay.’
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Wearing his usual gray shirt and jeans, but this time minus his backpack, he arrived at the circle at the appointed time. Lost in thought, the first thing he noticed when he entered was the smell of coffee in the air, so he looked up, still slightly dazed. Seeing Chambers and October, he greeted them with a warm smile.

"Hi guys. Nice to see you again."

After that, he settled back into a semi- relaxed posture. However, recent problems with Chambers were still weighing on his mind and would have to be settled later, but only one-on-one. He was sure Chambers would agree to that, so he shot Chambers an uncertain look, hoping he would get the hint.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was hard to miss Chambers. The robe made him stand out, plus he was the only other one here.

So far.

The smile was returned, “Hi Chambers,” pointing to the box that held coffee, “can I interest you in some coffee? Afraid it isn’t the pumpkin spice that is the craze right now, just regular coffee.” Though if people wanted the pumpkin stuff she could get it. “Can’t complain, and settling in pretty well. Taking my time unpacking.” For, reasons.

“How about you?”
    clearly interested.

“Oh, and there are muffins!”
    cause…muffins.

Ah, more people!

“Hey, good to see you.” Pointing to coffee once again, “I brought coffee and muffins if you’re interested.” She wanted to get along with him, they shared a Path. “How are you?”

Now, not everyone was here, but she was inpatient and things needed to be said. Well, she felt they needed to be said, “Look, I’m sorry if what I said last month hit or nerve or offended either of you, it wasn’t my intent.” Might as well get that out of the way. “Ever been told you’re too blunt for your own good and should really stop and think about what you’re saying? Cause I get it all the time.” A chuckle and sip. Apologies were not her thing, but she felt it was important.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Oh, that’s very kind of you, Thanks.’ The pipe is moved to an interior pocket as he takes a cup. ‘And best it is not, it tastes a little too much like my tobacco, weird mix of signals.’ Offering an appreciative grin before taking a swig.

A nod of understanding. ‘Always nice to take time when we have it, feeling rushed just makes everything a chore.’

‘I’m getting by well enough thank you, keeping myself busy and out of trouble … mostly.’ A look to the muffins, a universal language they might be, but I came ready to eat humble pie today.

Speaking of… October notices Philip before he does, and while he’s taking a moment to return the smile and nod, catches him rather off guard.

She beat me to it, pausing on his own plans, to acknowledge her well meaning words. ‘That’s very good of you to say. I’ve spent more of my awakened life outside the orders than in the Mysterium. I really should know better than to think everyone sees things the way I do.After all we have total control of our words, until they reach another’s ears, so easily done. ‘And there’s nothing wrong with being blunt.’ She isn’t out to stir the pot, I can respect that, now my turn.

Turning to Philip. ‘About the park the other week, I meant it in jest but it was clear you were uncomfortable, I pushed it and shouldn’t have, for that I am sorry.’ He’d wronged him in front of another, so he would apologise in front of another, no back alley atonements.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

"Muffins and coffee! I don`t mind if I do. That`s very thoughtful. Thanks." he said with a smile, grabbing the offered muffins and coffee mug.

Now this is the life I`ve been missing, coming into the Circle to refreshments instead of lugging my own water bottles about which I forgot today. Coffee isn`t my favorite, but at least it fits to the muffin nicely. And she`s not half bad either. he thought while keeping his smile just a little bit longer, being lost in his happy thoughts. His happiness was slightly dulled when she revealed they were most likely apology muffins for mislabeling his work as `bullshit` last time they were together in the Circle. Aww, and here I was hoping this would be a permanent thing. But the nerve of her last time! at that thought, his anger slightly flared again, though he managed to suppress it with the atmosphere and the free muffin.

"Never mind about that, we`re cool. Although I will admit to having been momentarily surprised at the presumptuousness last time, I had a similar feeling before I joined the Trust. And I get the bluntness part too quite a lot. I would like to tell you some more about what I do though, if you want. Maybe even get you to join us?"

he said that last part with a wide smile, in jest, knowing she would most likely refuse. He then turned to the other matter that was Chambers which definitely did not make him smile but he did keep it together outwardly, acknowledging his own faults:

"It`s ok, Chambers. It was hot outside, I was frustrated at not finding anything in the tree too. And then I just let myself get annoyed because of some bad childhood experiences. I apologise too for venting my frustrations like that, so can we just agree not to talk about it. As I said, talking about it just makes my skin crawl."

he hoped that October wouldn`t continue that conversation and understand that it had been an internal matter between him and Chambers. Having kept it together for Chambers he hoped to not turn it into a bigger conversation but he was unsure, so he turned his gaze pleadingly to October to hopefully get her to understand all matters of import were closed. Except his offer to tell her more about the T.E.L.M. Trust though, so he hoped she would dig more into that. And he secretly hoped to convince her to actually join him in the Trust, anyway.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She didn't care that it was popular. Or that with her name it was cliche. Or that here in the middle of California it didn't even feel like it.

She loved October.

Nearly half the year was spent awaiting its arrival. The other near half mourning its departure.

And so it was that she arrived in high spirits and attire overly suited for the season.

The smell of coffee had her pause for a half a second before she rolled her eyes to herself with a grin. She had a hunch who had brought it, even before arriving in the main room.

October was a returning member after all.

"Barely even has her bags down and you're already recruiting?" Witch chimed as she entered the common area and approached the group. And not even yet fully acknowledged.

Though she kept the last to herself, just as she kept her smile on her face as she came to fully join the group.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “We’re a rare breed, the ones who don’t fall all over themselves for it.” So he’s a man of good taste.

Yeah, sure, lets go with that. Instead of her not being sure of if they’d acknowledge her in the city or not. “Less stressful too.” Always a bonus.

“I actually spent a bit of time with the Mysterium, back on the east coast.” So she understood the Orders more then it might seem. “And I should know that my words can be taken wrong and I need to work on my delivery.” A grateful smile offered to him.

And seemed like she wasn’t the only one seeking forgiveness for something. Nothing was said, for it wasn’t her place and lets him say what he needed to Philip.

“You’re welcome.”
    As he grabbed a muffin and coffee. “I know it’s hard to get going without a little coffee so thought I should just bring some.” It was also a peace offer. “And if it went over well, maybe something we can always have.” A shrug, an idea. "I pass a coffee shop on my way here, so." yeah.

A single nod, a bit of relief. “I’m always willing to sit and listen, and to learn.” Nothing to lose by hearing what he had to say. “Now as to joining,” a chuckle, in jest as well, “I cannot promise that. But I promise to listen.” She wasn’t comfortable with Orders anymore, but that was her story for a different time.

When his gaze finds her, she’s simply sipping her coffee, not about to add anything to whatever happened between the two of them. Let them sort it.

As Witch came in, her cup was held up to her, “Now that is how you welcome fall! Looks great on you!” compliments the Acanthus. Even if she went by Witch and was dressing the part, Toby still loved it! “Remind me to call you to come out for Halloween!” it’d been a few years since she’d gone out and had some fun.

A bit of a laugh, “Recruitment is up in the air, but I’m willing to hear him out.” Now she didn’t remember Witch saying if she was in an Order or not, “If my words last month offended or upset you, I want to apologize. I need to learn to think before I speak and, yah, wanted to say I’m sorry.” For all she knew, the woman was without an Order like her. But her words were genuine either way. And all she could do was offer them and hope for the best.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A nod and gratifying smile, acquiesce to both Philips forgiveness and desire to have nothing more said on the matter. Yet, before he can change the subject October’s words hit home.

Wait she what? … how many mysteries is she privy to? … did she pick up on the pass phrase? You did?’ Taking a sip of from the cup he coughs and pats himself in the chest, keeping the hand by his sternum briefly. ‘Well, if you are ever able to put me in contact I would be indebted.’ Knowing mystagogues outside America was all well and good, expect he couldn’t teleport yet.

Maybe because he was looking for it now, that attitude, to listen and learn, had the hallmarks of one trained by his order. How careful am I going to need to be? That she hasn’t pried into the park scenario is a good sign. ‘An admirable ethic you have there.’ The invitation to learn more hadn’t been extended to him, so for the time being he’d just listen to the pitch.

The ever-easy smile in welcome as Witch joins them. ‘Witch, good to see you. Fan of the season by chance?’ The question good natured and left ambiguously rhetorical, so far she hadn’t been the sharing type.
    Health
    Mana

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread