Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
121 - 130
DISPLAYED
(City on Fire) Sparks

Feb 22, 2023 : (City on Fire) Matches
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
    Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Stats

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes

to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent sees Gabby, suddenly an adult but holding who he has to assume is Shelly. He gets close to her, and kneels down to her face level. "So this is Shelly huh, well look at what she did. She helped you get rid of the bad stuff, she protected you. And now we can help protect you as well."

failure

His voice came out a little gruffer than he intended, but he hoped that he kept the tone that helped calm her. They were here to help her overcome some trauma.
    Speed: 10 | Defense: 2 | Armor: 1 | Dream Defense: 3 | Dream Armor: 3
    "Speech" |
    Thoughts

0 Scenes

"Oh" she repeats, "I'd forgotten about Shelly." the women pets the fuzzy head and tugs the worn ribbon. "She always used too, but." looking up at Sera and Vincent, "That was when I was a kid. Now I'm..." she trails off. "Stuffed animals, can't protect people." a scoff, "not even if I'm a fire starting freak and you're both some kind of dream-walkers. Or y'know figments of my imagination." she's looking passed them and out to the pink and purple trees. "This is nice." she admits, "How long is it gonna last?" it's clear she means it as a rhetorical, looking out to the trees, listening to the birds and brook, a hand petting Shelly.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She didn’t have the heart to tell Vincent they couldn’t protect Gabby. The resources that would take, plus the hours upon hours of not sleeping and babysitting her Dreams. No one could do that. Well, she could, but she wouldn’t. This was something Gabby was going to have to face and overcome.

Taking a seat near Gabby, she looks out at the stream, getting lost in its peaceful sounds for a moment, “What did she do to help you feel safe?” this was the psychology of a child and a stuffie, not anything she had in-depth knowledge of. “What was it about her? Was it how soft she was? Or was it that you could hold her tight and imagine everything away?” asks the Nix, then carefully, “No, they can’t. But she did help you handle your emotions and stress.” Which was what they were supposed to, regulate emotions, or something like that. “You can keep her with you, no one will judge that. You know what? I have a stuffie that someone very special gave to me and I sleep with it at night. It brings me comfort, and there is nothing wrong with that.” She wasn’t embarrassed, fuck what anyone thought.

Turning, she faces Gabby, her sapphires looking into the womans eyes, “You are not a freak, and you have never been a freak. You’re special, you have a gift that not many others have. But you’ve been called a freak by those who were supposed to protect you haven’t you?” that is where that came from, someone she loved and looked up to, someone in power, instilled that in her, and that pissed the Treasured off to no end. “Did you know that people are scared of what they don’t understand? And that includes people. They couldn’t figure out why you had the gift you did, so they were afraid and as such, treated you poorly.” It was how the world worked.

A warm smile, “I’m glad you like it, I made it based off the all the colors I saw in your room.” Looking around, “It will last the rest of the night. But you have the power to make it last night after night if you want. You don’t have to be haunted by your nightmares; you can beat them; you have the strength.” She knew Gabby had the strength; she just needs Gabby to know it.

3 successes

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes , liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Stats

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Equipment

Armor

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes

to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

"Freak??" Upon hearing the word, Vincent recalled the picture he saw. "The priest, I wonder if her religion, or maybe that of her parents, had something to do with her trauma." Vincent thought.

3 successes

In a soft voice, while still knelt next to Gabby, Vincent speaks "Gabby you do not have to answer me if it hurts too much, but I think it will help us help you. I saw a picture, one you drew, of a priest. Is that the man that called you a freak? The one that hurt you?"

Vincent took a deep breath before continuing, "If so, he cannot hurt you anymore. And you are definitely not a freak. You are special, you have special abilities and once you learn to control them you will be able to help yourself as well as others if you want."

Vincent looked at Seraphina then shrugged, "Fuck it, it's a dream, she may believe me she may not, but in the end she may just think it was a weird dream." Vincent thought before saying, "You know I am not 'normal' either. It took me a while to come to grips with what I was. But once I was able to, I was able to find others like me. So I think once you give yourself the chance to see how strong you are, you will see that what you are is not so scary after all."

0 Scenes

The whimsical beauty of the soft new dream Sera spun for the girl who had been, helps center the women she is now. Sera's strength, and Vincent's tempered words help banish the remaining charred nightmare that had been clinging to her.

"Dunno if it matters anymore, one of my foster homes...threw her out." Gabby admits as she's petting Shelly. "I didn't need you to tell me I need therapy." a scoff, "They tried to give me an exorcism...it, wasn't....pleasant. For anyone involved." her eyes loose focus, as she retreats inside memory. The Lost, continuing the conversation make it so she doesn't stay lost within them.

"Everything always scary. And I'm always alone, and a freak." she murmurs, "Except. Other people can light themselves on fire," remembering Jasper. "Steal away into my dreams, and make things not so scary, and I..." she trails off, "This what you do? Help other like me - us? - and make sure they're not...will I remember this when I wake up?"

I am soo freaking sorry!! I thought I replied to this already!!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Inwardly, she cringed, hard. For Vincent to admit he wasn’t normal was a huge risk, and the look she gives him is daggers. You never know who is watching a Dream and who could show up. He was not only putting himself at risk, but her as well. And she was not ok with it.

A look to Gabby, “If it matters to you, then it’s important and it matters. Never diminish what matters to you.” It was just as valuable. A translucent hand reaches out slowly and gently rests on Gabbys hand, “I’m sorry you had to go through that.” Genuine with empathy.

“You’re not always alone, even though it might feel like it at times, you aren’t. It might take some time, but you’ll find friends and others you can trust. But don’t be afraid to let them in, let them see the scars and the damage. The right friends will see them and still love you, and help you heal them.” It was true, it took her years to find those she could trust.

A nod, “Yes, I help those who need a little kindness and understanding. Our Dreams can be terrible places, nightmares built to tear us down and keep us there. I want to help people find the power and strength in themselves to fight those nightmares and make their Dreams their own safe places.” As to what she’ll remember? “I don’t interfere with what you will remember and what you won’t, that’s up to your own mind. But I can offer you this,” she begins, “if you want, I can keep helping you with your Dreams, help shape them into something that benefits you, help with what might be troubling you mentally.” The word mentally was said gently, as it could be taken the wrong way.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Stats

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Forms:

Mien

Mask

Equipment

Armor

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Blessings

Beast

Tooth and Claw

Burning Hypnotism

Vincent Black Scenes

to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent saw the look from Seraphina, and knew he would probably hear it when they got back but at this time he did not care, his focus was on helping Gabby. And hearing her talk about exorcisms, the image on the picture made a lot of sense. "Listen to my friend she can help you. Unfortunately people who we think are good do evil things because they do not understand us or our gifts. The gift you were given is incredible but can be very scary to those who do not understand what is going on. Just remember that you have the ability to control your feelings and once you get control over those who knows maybe you can begin to control your gift."
    "Speech" |
    Thoughts

0 Scenes

Gabby's quiet as their words wash over her, calm as the breeze brings the fragrance of the purple-pink trees. Still absently playing with Shelly's worn ribbon, and petting her head. "Thank you." she says abruptly, "For me, and...whoever else. No one else has tried to...help. Not like this. Or - not like-like this since uh, you - um. Fuck. You know what I mean." she closes her eyes. "I know. I know I need to - I just. It's scary and hard, and I was so isolated, thinking I was the only one who was...different. "eyes opening and flicking to Vincent, she smirks.

Frowning now, she breathes, looking between the Lost. "It'll be hard. Do-er-trying....any of that - " she looks at Sera. "But. I...want to. Try. I mean. I think, maybe I can. Which. It a hell of a lot more than I thought about me before all this." gesturing towards the Lost, the dream, and Shelly sitting on her lap. "Now, how do I...wake up?"

And I think that's it. You've helped Gabby, it's not perfect, and she still has a lot of work left to do, but she's now on a path where she can.

You can post some last thoughts or if you need to add anything else feel free, but after that I'll close this one out. If you don't feel the need to add more, @me in discord, or in the OOC, or just post in this scene saying that, and I'll close this one.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A small nod, “It’s scary and hard, but you are strong and capable.” She just needed to see that.
    Frowning in a sympathetic manner, “It will be very hard,” the Nix wasn’t going to lie, “and there will be times you feel like giving up. But trust me when I say this, it will be worth it.” Everything that was worth it was work and hard.

“To wake up you just need to will yourself awake. And the same goes to making a dream your own, it’s your mind, you control it. But if it gets hard again, and you need help, you just have to reach out.” Sera would never turn someone away who needed help.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Stats

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Forms:

Mien

Mask

Equipment

Armor

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Blessings

Beast

Tooth and Claw

Burning Hypnotism

Vincent Black Scenes

to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent still kneeling in front of Gabby slowly gets up. “Like my friend said, if you need help just reach out.

Vincent stood up and looked around for a second, for the first time noticing what Seraphina did to the dream. “Remember this dream, come here whenever your nightmares take over, personal peace will soon help you overcome the nightmares.

And with that Vincent began the process of waking himself up.
    "Speech" |
    Thoughts

Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread