Grief is a funny thing. It comes in waves, like the ocean. There will be days where the tide is out and you feel ok, get things done and go out with friends. But then comes the times when the comes crashing in and you are crippled from the pain and loss.

There's a possibility
There's a possibility

All that I had was all I gon' get

There was no telling when the tide would be out or in, she had had to learn to ride both out. Let the herself feel the emotions, let herself cry, let herself be angry, whatever came, she tried to handle it.

Tonight, she was going out. And by going out, she was going to sing at a local club, something she hadn’t done since Rhodes disappearing. There had been a mixture of excitement and nerves in her stomach, which was all a flutter as she got ready.

First things first, she needed to shower. But like everything in her life right now, it didn’t go as planned. As she picked up a body wash, the sudden sweet scent filled her senses and the bottle dropped. The Nix getting lost in a memory of Rhodes, this flowers in full bloom in the Fall, the smell intoxicating and reassuring at the time.

Know that when you leave
Know that when you leave
By blood and by me, you walk like a thief
By blood and by me, I fall when you leave

But not now, and as tears mixed with water, she sank to the floor, the ability to stand gone.
Laying on the floor of the shower, curled into a ball, she cried, screamed at times. The pain was intense, her heart shattered.

‘So tell me when you hear my heart stop
You're the only one who knows
Tell me when you hear my silence
There's a possibility I wouldn't know
So tell me when my sorrow's over
You're the reason why I'm closed
Tell me when you hear me falling
There's a possibility it wouldn't show’

As with the tide of the ocean, it would go out, and Sera would be left to pick up the pieces of her life. Some pieces more jagged than others and cutting deeper, but she would get up and she would go on. She refused to be defeated by this.

Possibility - Lykke Li