Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

This Philip is harder to pin down then I gave him credit for, from being amicably curious last time to such direct questioning now, the difference between socializing and business perhaps?

Still … what would I share? That almost sounds like I have the option not to, but no the ending of that road is well known, and at least they ask around here.

Path. Easy enough. ‘Like for like I trust, I walk the path of Doom.’

Order, … in a group this small it’ll come out sooner or later. ‘Hold membership to The Mysterium.’ His eyes do flick to Witch momentarily before continuing.

Arcane talents … now that’s an exercise in trust, let’s see what this tells them. ‘and prior to joining the Mysterium I under went the process of soul refinement, joining the legacy of the Stone Scribes.’

Pondering Witch’s added question. What couldn’t cause issues if it tried hard enough? What could endanger them through me is what she’s asking. Striking a matter-of-fact tone. ‘The one who picked me up upon awakening was apostate, I haven’t been able to find her since getting back into the city, could mean dozens of things, but last we spoke I informed her of my choice to join the order, she wasn’t pleased.’

Nodding slightly seemingly to himself. ‘That’s the most hazardous thing I’m aware of.’
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip was quite pleased with himself, and he chuckled slightly inwardly. His directness had managed to get Chambers to open up quite a bit about himself although he had half- expected him to somehow dodge the question. On the other hand, Winter`s offer of help was nice, but so far Philip didn`t know much about him. Just what type of help can a `semi-retired-handyman-jack-of-all-trades` give? he mused.
    But for now, Chambers was much more interesting, and his direct approach seemed to be working, so he turned his attention back to him, after that brief thought.
    "So, you`re of The Mysterium and you`re a Moros. Death and Matter then, interesting, Are you better at one than the other? I`m an Acanthus, by the way. Anyway, just what are the Stone Scribes and what do you do as part of them? And this apostate of yours, could be interesting to know more about her, in case she means trouble. Can you describe her, or do you have a picture or something?"
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

A fellow Moros, the faintest hint of a smile at the shared Tower.

And Mysterium. That maybe explained some elements of him- like the robes. Though only maybe. It could just be that he ... like robes? There were older folks who were Potter-heads after all.

"Hopefully the fact that she hasn't pursued or popped on your radar only means that she has cut ties. But it's good to have the heads up."

She was content with that, but it seemed Philip had the bit and was going to push for everything. Well, again, she wasn't going to complain if his questions yielded answers. She did glance to Winter to see if he had anything he wanted to chime in about.

4. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Relationships between mentors and apprentices are never easy, it's much like rearing a child. Eventually they must spread their wings and go. Though, even as an Apostate, it's unusual to go full no-contact. If she has any link to this area, perhaps someone knowledgeable in space or fate could help you track her", he muses.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers stands impassive as the torrent of Philip’s questions flows past him. Like for like this was not. Time to establish some boundaries. Fortunately, the Mysterium equipped its members to do just that.

‘I appreciate your interest, but as I’m sure you expected from a Mystagogue I’m not going to readily or freely share my arcane secrets.’ Still, I do need to work with them, and good guanxi means I should offer something.‘The mundanity of what the stone scribes do can be boiled down to using an occult practice known as Gematria to make connections between names.’ There an honest answer, and something more about himself if they looked to see it.

To Philips final question Chambers shrugs. ‘I do not make a habit of carrying around pictures of the awakened. She just wasn't a fan of the pentacle. As Witch chimes in ‘As you say, if she meant me harm she has had the opportunity.' In a lighter tone 'So hopefully I won't need to take you up on that offer of help Winter’ And to Winter ‘Yes such a person could … as such a person can also make it very hard for others to do so.’ Letting that hang for just a moment.

‘My turn, is there anything going on city wise that would be good for me to know, or avoid? unusual rules or laws that would be worth knowing? Any requirements for acknowledgement that I should be working on?’
    Health
    Mana

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

He shrugged. I guess he answered my questions to a point, I`ll give him that. But he also told me to back off from asking for more. Fair enough. It was worth the try though. "Well, Chambers. Thanks for answering so many of my questions, anyway. And the Stone Scribes sounds intriguing. I didn`t really mean to put you on the spot like that. I really am just that curious about knowing more about a new face. Being new myself, I get the feeling. As you guys already know turning to Witch and Winter briefly I`m of the Free Council"

He then turned his attention more directly to Winter and Witch. The direct approach had worked on Chambers, let`s see what happens if I unexpectedly shift to the others. he thought.
    "On that subject, I`m curious about you guys, and your Order affiliations too. But I`m sure you`ll reveal that when you`re ready"
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

And so Philip found the end of Chamber's openess.

"I do not believe you will find anything out of the ordinary here. The Lex Magica is in place, along with its associations. The few issues we had from a number of months back seem to have resolved themselves. Honestly if they were to suddenly reappear as a concern, we may as well treat them as new situations at this point."

As Philip pivoted, she didn't withdraw from his attention. Instead, she smiled widely at him, "No doubt the time will come."

Or the simple question. But until then ... Philip may be acknowledged but she had yet to share a cup of tea with him after all. And she doubted that an acknowledgment of wanting to know would be enough to get Winter to open up himself. Heck, she wasn't sure she would know if not for others having told her prior to his arrivalreturn that he was a Guardian.

"Unless there are other matters to discuss in regards to Chambers ... I have not heard anything to move me to bar is acknowledgment."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"The city has been peaceful for while, except the occasional trouble", he shrugs "no doubt there will be a time to open up"

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers give a curt smile and nod as Philp seemingly brings the interview is a close. ‘A little tempered curiosity is never a bad thing.’ Also new, whatever new means here, and a Libertine, but he respected my boundaries so fairs fair.

‘Always good to know the lex is respected, especially when it needs to be self-enforced.’ With these numbers and none of them announcing position of councillor or hierarch if you broke it, you’d essentially need to charge and sentence yourself.

Where doesn’t see its occasional troubles hm. Still, I’d be more than happy to hear any tales you’d be willing to share. Learn from history and such’

Turning with the tide of the conversation, he neither interrupts nor pushes any given issue.

Once the conversation falls quiet, he does chime in. ‘Would any of you be able to point me in the direction of any past or prior Mysterium locales? I’m rather looking forward to getting myself set up.’
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

He didn`t quite know what to say. He didn`t really have any tales he could add, and there was no old or new trouble he knew of. He didn`t know the layout of the Circle that well yet either, so he couldn`t help Chambers there. So he turned his focus back on Winter and Witch, remembering and processing their earlier statements about trouble.

So, there`s no trouble in the city now, but there was something, some months back I guess. Still, perhaps there is something there. Like, what`s the relationship with other supernatural beings of the city?...

But he was snapped out of his thoughts by Witch, just as he was coming to the conclusion that whatever the situation was, it was stable for the moment at least. So he nodded, agreeing with her in a semi-daze, and snapping out of his previous thoughts fully, turning back to the conversation about Chambers` acknowledgement.

"Yep, if I already have a say in this now, then from my part I can`t see any reason not to acknowledge Chambers here either. He told us most of the details about himself, and as far as the Apostate goes, I guess it`s no big deal. "

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread