Ended
Watch

(2308) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch lifted a hand toward the section of the Circle that was reserved for members of the Mysterium. "You may be able to find something there," she offered. "That would be the only Mysterium gathering spot that I am aware of myself."

She left it for Winter to decide if he wanted to add anything. His time in the city predated hers, and perhaps there was a place he knew of from then.

Toward Philip she nodded along but then the movement shifted to a head bobble of meh-not-so-much.

"Not so much that it isn't a big deal, so much as it isn't an issue to be chased down and dealt with maybe?" A pissed of mage coming after an acknowledged member would be a big deal. But until she actually came after Chambers, it was just information to have.

"As far as historical tales- I've got a couple, but no doubt Winter can double the number I have. So, it's a question of if you want to start from the beginning and move forward or from recent times and go back."

ReubanBrightwood I didn't see any counters so go ahead and update Chambers 's status to acknowledged

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

As Philip moves to consensus with Witch regarding his acknowledgement he gives each an appreciative nod. Seems to me like majority rule here then.

His gaze follows the indicated direction, fixing on the door in question. ‘Thank you.’ It’s the first time he hasn’t looked at someone when speaking to them, eyes instead remaining locked, if distant, contemplating, on the place in question.

Blinking a few times, he comes back to the moment. ‘Philip, you mentioned also being newer to the scene, would it be rude ask how long you’ve been part of the Consilium?’ manners back in place, turning to his fellow awakened.

Nodding in agreement with Witch’s assessment of things. ‘I brought it up because down the line yes it could be a problem, but it could also not, I’d like to know she is safe but I’ll need to get better at finding people for that.’

He can double … meaning add the same amount again or has double? … not important right now. Well, if I get the choice, as much as working things backwards is in my wheelhouse. ‘It’s a historic place so I’d bet there’s rich history to go along with that, starting from the beginning would be grand, if you’re willing to share.’ This question is directed more to Witch and Winter not being sure who holds the longest tenancy between the two.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

"Well, I figure it'd only been maybe a few weeks or so before you turned up that I got acknowledged, so not really a long time." He really wanted to drop the idea of him and Chambers doing something together, or finding out about shared hobbys as fellow new acknowledged in the Circle. But something about his questioning barrage earlier and his curiosity about Chambers' question about the stories of Winter and Witch piqued his interest. So, he nodded at them to indicate his curiosity, as he waited expectantly for an answer. He figured any free info would be nice, and it was nice to not always have to be the one to ask.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"It's a place with a much richer history than one would expect. Explorations have been conducted in the past.... and have been halted. Too risky", he shrugs. Some mysteries are better left out, hidden underneath the sands of time.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch listened to Winter's ... less than comprehensive summary of Sacramento before turning to Chambers herself.

"I've only been in Sacramento about a year myself so nothing on my end of deep historical relevance. In that time though I've tried to help with a couple issues. There was some grave robbing going on. Another instance had a bunch of sleepers stumble into creating a summoning that proceeded to go after them. And then an abyssal entity that we found in a dumpster. Nothing to connect the different issues though. Just ... a quick summary for at least what I've seen in a year."

None of the issues being solved.

And if she was angry at 2 of the current 4 not being around to help potentially solve, she maybe was still angry at those who had already even been involved not staying. And so, she let the flow of words stop on the topic. Before she said something she regretted.

With 2 days left, let's look to wrap/make exits

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

‘Oh so really not much longer than me at all.Explained his curiosity to their order affiliations.

Allowing Philip to add to the momentum of story time, chambers listens with building interest as Winter begins to talk of the rich history … and then blue balls them like a professional in the sport. He doesn’t try to stop the wry grin from creeping across his face at what turned out to be only the false simulacrum of interesting lore.

But it was fine. It was fine. The waiting and the effort would only make it more rewarding to find out. It might be worth telling us what is risky least we stumble across it accidently … if that wasn’t just an obvious evasion.

Witch is more forthcoming however, and quite the adventurer it would seem. His eyes flick to the shovel attached to the top of his backpack when she mentions grave robbing. Not if she’s only been here a year, I would have been in Greece, England or India depending when it happened … it might’ve been her though, a lead? Tuning back in to catch the end of her sentence Chambers nods in best impression of a sagely manner.

‘If there are ah, any loose threads still hanging from those events I would be happy to lend a fresh eye to things. Given as you say things are quiet at the moment’

Something Dawns on him. 'Oh, Philip, I believe you had already needed to depart last time, when I.’ Pulling a notepad and pen from a side pocket of that bag by his feet. ‘Handed out my digits.’ He scrawls it on a page and rips it off. ‘In case you need to get a hold of me.’ Passing it across.

‘And with that.’ Hefts the heavy bag. ‘I do think I need to be getting on, keep well all.Best make a move for today before the words necromancer, graves and shovel are connected. And with a backwards wave he will leave.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

As Chambers was leaving, he handed Philip his contact information, which he accepted with a wry "Thanks. Yeah, I missed that last time. See you later.". After Chambers left, Philip was left in his own thoughts for a while, processing all that had happened and had been said.

Although he hadn`t known him for a long time, he was starting to notice a pattern in Winter`s words, being brief, measured responses and avoiding answering questions wherever possible. So it came as no surprise to him when he hinted at bigger things in the history, only for it to be `halted... too risky`. That applying apparently equally to the things Winter described, and his own opinion regarding sharing information with other people. Funny what people will say about themselves when describing other things. he thought, chuckling inwardly. At least Witch was more forthcoming.

"Sounds interesting. Grave robbing, sleepers mixed up with a summoning, and an abyssal monster from the dumpster." he said to the remaining two, but especially to Witch after her long explanation, and Winter`s evasion. "Nothing to connect them, interesting. Just, if you list it up like that, you have grave robbery leading to summoning leading to another monster. Not that I`m saying that`s what happened. But all that aside, that really doesn`t sound like much in a year. Just hope, like Chambers` friend, they don`t pop up again, as Chambers said. Though I believe you said earlier, that the last problem you had was some months ago, and after such a long quiet, it would be a new problem if it popped up now. Anyway, thanks for the heads up."

After that reiterating statement on the state of affairs, he didn`t really have much to add. It just seemed like the conversation had ended for him, and it had boiled down to (to him): Nothing new to report, this is the state of things. If there`s trouble, this is unknown, because these problems were a long time ago.

So he used the lull in conversation, to make his goodbyes too, a few minutes after Chambers.
    "Well, guys. Thanks again for the heads up on the big things here, but I think it`s time I got going here too. I`m sure we will see each other again in a couple of days again anyway. So take care." With that, he left with a confident, and fast stride, out the door, and into his car.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Help is always welcome tho. If you wish to assist, we sure could use a hand", he says, thinking especially of the potential Abyssal phenomena.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

And with that, the expanded Consilium of Sacramento departed, but no doubt to meet again.

Good scene all. With the departures, I'll close this one a day early and a new one can be opened Sept 1st.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread