Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer awaits the newly arriving Family member under the same lamp post that Alice had met her under. Traditions are traditions. The brunette stands at 5'7'' and wears a bulky, knit grey scarf that has been pinned in place to her long, dark green tunic. She wears black yoga pants and little grey booties. Her hair has been styled straight and in a half ponytail. Her Beast is Cloaked, to best prevent any snarls from the newcomer's Beast.
    The two had met only once.
    Traveling with the Kindred condition was stressful enough. Add in the Curse that Nosferatu enjoy, and 'stressful' was left long ago in the rearview mirror. Jennifer waits for the newcomer who goes by Fast Eddie. She sppears to be alone.

Liam is off at the necopolis, faithfully lighting the candles within the Caldarium.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Book keeping
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Unnerving)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Status
    (City)
    Fast Eddie

NOS
    PRE

Fast Eddie comes strolling down the road on foot. Black Doc Martens, faded jeans of the same color, a t-shirt that reads "Don't Trust Anyone Over Thirty" and the same rumpled old black blazer over it. A battered fedora perched on his bald head completes the look.

His Beast is cloaked as well, which seems to be his habit. He offers a grin as he approaches, which, as always, has a corrupt wrongness as an undertone.

"Good evenin'," Madam Seneschal. "I hope you're doin' well tonight. And not missing any important business on my account."
    Presence 3, Mask of Tranquility, Status (Domain) 1

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Hello, Fast Eddie. Welcome to Sacramento, officially." A pleasant smile. The smile fades a bit as he continues speaking.
    Jennifer turns her head and glances around for a beat.
    "Out here you can call me Jenna." She suggested.

"Come with me." Her voice continues to slither like a serpent slithering over dying leaves. "The former Family leader met me here some years ago. She was led to our home the same way upon her arrival. We walk to a private area that no one else is welcome to know the address of.

We had one meeting with allies here and the CEO knows the location."
    She speaks. She begins to walk away from the streetlight. The houses here are run down. The air of abandonment hangs over the area. After a few minutes of walking, Jennifer turns and approaches one of these houses.

Appearances can be deceiving, but sometimes you can judge a book by it's cover. Or a house by it's siding. The entrance to the Necropolis appears to be a dilapidated house, boarded up and forgotten in a neighborhood of forgotten houses. The paint is peeled, the shingles are falling off, but inside is a slightly different story. Jennifer walks up to the house and opens the door. She holds the door open for Fast Eddie to enter.
    Once inside, it appears that this was a front.

The house is worn, but occasionally cleaned and taken care of. Under layers of dust and dried blood the building shows simple and refined lines, with a slight Victorian flair. The house is in complete disrepair, there is no usable space, although what would have been the main living area there can been seen a dried and irremovable blood stain.
    "Now we can speak freely." Jennifer states as she walks towards a back room, hidden from clear view by strange angles and shadows.

Presence
    (Unnerving)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Status
    (City)
    Fast Eddie

NOS
    PRE

He follows where she leads, taking note of everything as they go. "Long standing tradition, huh? Believe it or not, I enjoy a good tradition. Creates a connection, a sense of belonging to something larger than yourself."

He walks through the opened door and again takes a moment to study the interior. Still run down and uninhabitable, but some care has been put in here. Just enough. "And did you say allies before? What sort of allies?"

Following the to the back, he grins a bit as he recognizes the angles and shadows beginning to bend, to warp perceptions in a way only a Haunt could appreciate. "I think I'm starting to dig this place."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, this tradition has held for years." Her voice slithers in the darkness as she turns to look at his eyes. "I carry it forward with every new arrival.
    We have formed an alliance with the local Mekhet, the Priscus Albert Baker and Whip Conner Wells. However, I suspect that Wells has departed from Sacramento. We have agreed to assist one another in kowledge - with the exception of my rule that Nosferatu shall not teach Blood Gifts to those outside of the Blood.

We have worked out the alliance that we shall publicly support the Mekhet standing, if it does not risk our own.
    Priscus Baker knows the public entrance and has visited the Caldarium.

I lead you now to the heart of the Necropolis, the Caldarium. In the past, Whip O'Brien and Bellemy cared for it. Yet now, no one has taken responsibility for the Caldarium."

Just beyond the door there is another flight of metal stairs.
    A small room has been created at the base of the stairs. “I made this place for us to socialize.” Jennifer states. Four comfortable sitting chairs were arranged around a coffee table with a zen sand table decoration. Two small bowls held white sand in the corners of the room, diffusing small electric lights that were sit within the bowl. Just the right amount of light. One of the large reinforced chairs that Jennifer had constructed for Alexander had been moved slightly farther back in the room. There was a well appointed bar in the back of the room with two stools. Liam was behind the bar, mixing himself a drink. He was dressed down in a blue button up shirt and athletic shoes.
    Jennifer continues to walk to the jewel of the Necropolis, the Caldarium. Concrete benches sit along the wall while dim lighting sets the necessary mood. Beyond appearances though there is a peace to location that goes beyond its appearance. The pure water of a pool glistens serenely, reflecting the golden lights set into the wall. Here, the curses of the Nosferatu don't seem as grating or fearful and guests are welcome.

Presence
    (Unnerving)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Status
    (City)
    Fast Eddie

NOS
    PRE

"How's that arrangement workin' out so far?" he asks with genuine curiosity. "Never knew the Shadows to be that family oriented. Though I suppose we do have some things in common. And doesn't sound like there's a lot of expectations or obligations. Just a little mutual cooperation. Certainly different." He seems interested in the arrangement and at least tentatively in favor of it. Or maybe just in favor of trying something he's never seen before.

Once they enter the Caldarium, he soaks it in for a long moment or two before letting out a low whistle. "This is nice. Real nice." He stares down at the clear waters. Almost to himself he mutters, "Almost feel normal here."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"It was an effort that was spearheaded by the former Mekhet Priscus and I. The two of us were allies, bound after a rather taxing encounter catching some cryptid and a poacher. The former Priscus took a wound for me."
    Not something that Jennifer took lightly.
    "The alliance is important to me, for we have a small number of Kindred here. If the two Clans who excell at gathering information work together, we should maintain an advantage."

"Have you had much experience working with the Mekhet Clan?" She inquired. Curiousity tinging her Cursed voice.

Jennifer lifts her eyes and looks around the Caldarium for a moment. She tries to see it through Fast Eddie's eyes, with a new perspective. She sees the wax build up by the candles. The dust that is beginning to accumulate in the corners of the room. It deserves better than this, this important room.

"Yes, it is nice." She agrees after a moment of contemplative silence.

Jennifer moved to a bench and slipped off her shoes. She begun the work of plucking out the pins that kept her scarf firmly in place while she walked among the Kine.

Presence
    (Unnerving)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Status
    (City)
    Fast Eddie

NOS
    PRE

"Some. They are good at what they do, I don't think anyone can deny that. The one thing I'd say is when it comes to exchanging information, they are pretty good at getting more than they give. You know what I mean?"

He shakes off the contemplative mood the waters had put him in and finds himself a seat near the bench where Jennifer is.

"I almost forgot," he reaches into his blazer and pulls out a small box. "I have something for you. A little token of my appreciation for the time you've spent welcoming me to the city."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, I would think so. Most Kindred are skilled at not giving mroe than they get. Do let me know if you have any concerns." Jennnifer assures.
    " A gift?" Jennifer reached out and accepted the small box.

"Thank you, Fast Eddie." She delicately opened the small box.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread