Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"The name is Winter", he offers in kind, "Philip Crosen, that's quite the Shadow Name", he remarks. "Still, welcome to Sacramento, not many of us right now I'm afraid, it's a quiet place"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

After Winter`s comment about his shadow name, and the mention of his name, Philip walked closer to Winter and Witch, while still keeping a respectful distance, but continuing to sweep the floor. He became pensive and thought out loud: "So, `Winter` and `Witch` are your shadow names I presume? I suppose `Philip` does sound quite normal and mundane in comparison. But, without going into too many details, Philip Crosen is the name that came to me when I awakened. It represents the awakened me and the lack of connections to my pre-awakened life just like I assume your names do. I thought everyone experienced choosing shadow names like I did, but I suppose that was a naive assumption on my part. I would love to compare notes on how we all awakened sometime, if you guys are interested although I understand it could be a touchy subject, so I hope the suggestion doesn`t cause offense."
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

"Which is it that you prefer?" Nicknames came about after time, after you got to know another person. Introducing yourself with an option as though Witch had any care whether he was Philip or Phil struck her as odd.

Especially when you were Awakened. When you knew the power of a name.

Or maybe he didn't? His question took her by surprise. Maybe he seriously thought that people ran around named Witch. And while sure, she knew there were Autumns and Summers. But Winters? That was about as common as someone named Spring or Fall.

In the end she shook her head slightly, snapping out of the internal thought process she was in and instead focused on his earlier statement.

"Well- there isn't much clean up to do here in the common area. I mean- I guess you could sweep and dust? But as Winter said, there aren't many of us ... just us actually." And without the regularly occurring gatherings with food and beverage, there wasn't much mess made.

"But if you are part of an Order...?" She trailed off, making it a question for him to answer. "Well - we can point you toward the right area. I can't speak to what you will find in any but one."

4. Likes Xander liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

He had given the choice of name, but just expected them to go with Phil, and didn`t think much of it, as this was like any other introduction to him. So that question had caught him off-guard, so he put down the broom and became pensive.

"I actually don`t know. I suppose I didn`t think that through.... Heh."

He said, snickering to himself. Recomposing himself he continued: "I guess you can call me Philip for starters then. I`m of the Free Council. What orders do you guys belong to?" He then stopped himself, forcing himself to think, but thinking out-loud. "Wait a minute? Did you say there are only two mages besides me in all of Sacramento? What?"

+1
    SL
    PRE

@Xisdor Philip Crosen

Wait your turn to post.

Delta was nice enough to link you to how the marbles at the top of the screen track turn order for you. If you butt in line again I'm writing you out of the venue and deactivating your character. The posting rules are posted in multiple places you were supposed to read before entering play and were linked to in the Getting Started page you were linked to on your sheet when your character was approved.

Read and follow the rules.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Sacramento isn't Los Angeles. It's a small community, it's been like that for the past few years. The strength of the Consilium fluctuates with time, but few people stick with it. I guess it's a community of passage. There may be people working alone, who don't bother with public meetings, but in that case, better leave them alone", he shrugs.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Free Council. Well. That explained why he was just now popping up. Some misguided theory about others taking care of shit while he went off and sought enlightenment on his own. Screw that there were abyssal creatures likely roaming in landfills or summoned entities with a taste for boys who played chess still at large ... oh no, everyone would pull their weight and it just wasn't his turn yet.

Or something like that.

Whatever. It wasn't like she didn't know this about non-Guardians. They just didn't understand it didn't work like that.

Lifting a hand toward the East end of the building, she indicated the Free Council section of the building. "Alas, I can't speak to the state that you will find the Free Council area, but that is where it will be. We had a few of your Order recently so ... it could be clean?" Or it could have a plate of leftovers still on a table that was now covered in mold. She could see it going either way given the last of the Free Council members to call Sacramento home.

She shook her head no at Philip's question, and then shifted it to a nod of confirmation on Winter's words. "What Winter said. We are the only two acknowledged members of Sacramento's Concilium at the moment. Doesn't mean we are the only two in Sacramento. There are others like yourself who for ... I assume reasons, have not deemed in necessary to step forward."

She worked hard to keep her voice neutral but even she knew that there were accusations in her words. Well. He was here now. And given the way things had been going lately for her in matters that concerned the Concilium, she would take him.

9. Likes Xander liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Well no matter, I`m here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. And I would like to get recognised as a member of this Consilium. What do I need to do? And as far as the Free Council section goes, I suppose I will check that out later." He then turned around and put the broom away into the closet he got it from. But then he turned around at the undercurrent of venom and answered directly and bluntly."It seems there is not much love for us Free Council mages around here. Have you had problems with previous Free Council mages, or do you just dislike our carefree nature?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He ponders his next words carefully. "We all have a different approach to things, yet some can be deemed too.. peculiar? Nevertheless, there are so few of us here, that we all started as a blank state. Not really a matter of personal dislikes, though I can only speak for myself"

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

Witch shook her head no in Philip Crosen 's direction, "Up until recently, the majority of acknowledged mages have been members of the Free Council." And she had gotten along fine with them. A few things had made her raise her eyebrows, but nothing that had her feeling as though she needed to step forward and confront anyone.

"It is good that you plan to stay though. We haven't heard of your name in association with any issues, but it's a big city. Are you bringing any baggage with you that we need to know about?"

He wouldn't be the first mage to kick up shit and then go running for help when it got out of control.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread