‘I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone’

Walking the dark halls of the house, the marble cold beneath her bare feet, mind constantly wondering why.

Why was he gone?

Why did he break the Oath?

Would the pain ever subside?

The house felt…empty. It felt hollow. It no longer felt like home to her, like she was simply a visitor within its four walls.

'These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase'

Sapphires, wet with tears yet to be shed, find things that were his. A book on the coffee table with his spot marked. A journal where he would take notes for whatever he was researching.
Translucent fingers gently touch the rough leather cover, her mind picturing his face so clearly, the concentration, the focus. The loving smile when he caught her watching him.

Looking about the room, the room where they had spent nights watch documentaries on history and other topics, curled up against each other. Sometimes there would be a debate, some times a discussion after. There was always takeout, neither had learned to cook, though there had been talks of them taking a class together.

Room after room sparked memory after memory. There was not a room in the house that didn’t hold his memory or presence.

Finally, she entered the room she had been avoiding for weeks. Their bedroom. Opening the door was like walking into a mausoleum. Dark, empty, untouched but with a spirit still there. The bed was still made from the last time she had been there with him, a few suits laid out as he picked what he was wearing for the day. Always a suit. She thinks with a sad chuckle to herself.
Walking to the open closet, she steps inside, not bothering with the light. She knew where everything was, his side and her own. Hers was the largest of course, but he still had a good number of suits, ties and casual clothes.

‘You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face, it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice, it chased away all the sanity in me'

A translucent hand touches a suit jacket hanging in the closet, feeling the familiar fabric that once brought comfort. The sleeve brought to her face as she inhales his scent, hundreds of memories instantly rushing through her mind. The happiness, the laughs, the comforting and safe feeling his arms provided wrapped around her. Before she knew it, she had sunken to the floor, the jacket pulled down with her, sobbing uncontrollably into it. Her body falling against the carpeted floor, knees brought up to her chest, the cries of pain and anguish racking her body.

‘These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase’

'I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along'