Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She had been dreading this night, but knew she could not put it off.

Anatole deserved to know, if he didn’t already. She didn’t know what the burned Dwarf was aware of. Though she was sure Rhodes absence wasn’t unnoticed.

With her, she brought some of the tea Anatole liked, as well as some pastries. If no one ate them tonight, maybe he would later. Or not, she wasn’t worried.

The Nix wore all black despite it being Spring, she was still in a state of loss and sadness and colors were not her thing right now. Approaching the Haunted House, she pauses at the door, hand reaching out to open it, but instead, she knocks. Rhodes wasn’t here, he wasn’t Dread Lord and it felt wrong to just enter.
    Anatole Yumyumcrow
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

For a moment, nothing.

(Inside, the burned dwarf stands with a raised eyebrow, waiting. Fingers twirling his moustaches, he makes for the door...)

Then the door opens with a waft of scented air: tea, coffee, a hint of toffee warring with an undertone of frangipanni. Today Anatole is going casual in shirtsleeves and a simple brown pair of trousers. His shoes are scuffed and comfortably warm. Effusive curls explode from his face, turning his hair and beard to white fuzz which he has done nothing to control. An eyebrow is still arched.

"Greetings Queen Seraphina..."

His eyes focus on the Nix, then slide carefully past her as if expecting the Dread Lord to be her accompanying shadow. Almost as quickly, he lets them be drawn back to the Vernal Sovereign's magnetic presence. His mouth forms a pregnant "O" from which no sound comes.

"Edna's is open. Please come in?"

Something is amiss, the Wizened can sense it. His eyes narrow and flicker from side to side as he steps aside to grant the Fairest entrance into the Haunted House.

"This isn't a social visit, is it?"

4. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A smile, not as joyous as usual, “Anatole, good to see you. And please, just call me Sera.” She wasn’t feeling like a Monarch right now. Her world in a million pieces around her, the pain still fresh.

“Thank you.” Stepping forward, “Smells you like you already have tea made, I’ll just leave the tea I brought with you for later then.” Stocking Edna’s with teas and coffees had been something she had loved to do. Would she still be doing it? Well, that was going to be up to the new Monarch of Autumn. Her heart ached at the thought of not seeing Rhodes at the head of the table in his chair, his Matnle sweeping across the room.

Sighing deeply, “No, I’m afraid it isn’t.” her voice shook a bit, “But I wanted you to hear it from me and not someone else.” Looking around, wanting to clear her eyes from the tears that were threatening to spill, “Can we sit?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Silence. Anatole's head tugs absently at his beard. Then action: he usher's Sera in and closes the door behind her. He gestures wordlessly to the kitchen table and prepares some tea. For a moment he strays to the cupboards, searching for the preserves. He has to stop himself, noting the wan demeanour from the Fairest.

His eyes are drawn to her once more: a sense of foreboding beginning to seep into his mind. He twirls his moustaches again as he finishes the tea and places it on the table. Its a simple English Breakfast blend - nothing fancy. The mood doesn't call for it. Again he dithers, thinks better of it and with a look of resolution sits opposite the Vernal Sovereign.

His chair creaks.

He places his hands on the table.

"Hear what?"

Mentally, he finds himself preparing a slew of defences; and doesn't know why.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She knew the Dwarf wasn’t stupid, and that he had probably noticed Rhodes absence at the Coronation. Though did he realize the severity of it?

Sitting, she removed the pastries from her bag and placed them on the table. Fully intending to leave them here if they didn’t eat them or if Anatole didn’t have any. Letting him prepare the tea was still difficult for her, but she just couldn’t bring herself to argue.

When the tea was placed on the table, “Thank you.” A small smile given to the Autumn as translucent hands wrap around the cup.

The Nix takes a deep breath, this wasn’t getting easier. Letting others know. But Anatole deserved to know, needed to hear it from her. Maybe, just maybe, he knew something. It was a long shot, but, all she had was hope at this point.

“There isn’t an easy way to say this, so I’ll just say it,” would he care? “Rhodes is gone.” Another breath taken, this one shaky, “I don’t know when he left and I don’t know where he went. I’ve been unable to find any trace of him in the Dreamscape. I spent weeks scouring, going from Dream to Dream, searching. It’s like he disappeared off the face of the Earth.” Sapphires look down as a tear finally escapes, pain entering her voice.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

For a moment, the Wizened is puzzled as Sera lays out the pastries. Distracted, her words cut right through his defences. He flushes; hands curl into sharp knots; his mouth twists into a snarl, teeth showing. A pulse throbs at his neck: he feels it; his effusive curls obscure it. One fist snaps upright, hovering, shaking and it is only with a deliberate effort that he manages to bring it down, quietly upon the table.

"Rhodes is gone? Nothing in the Skein?"

Anatole repeats flatly. He is no Dream Master -not like Rhodes or Seraphina. If she says there is no trace, then there is no trace.

"That must hurt you greatly..."

He says at length. Words are too cumbersome for this.

Spike of Fear: Who will wear the Crown? What of the Seasonal Cycle. He is only a Paladin of Shadows - the deeper Mysteries remain unknown and he knows it.

"And this changes a great deal. About everything..."

Flash of Fear: What if the Gentry were behind Rhodes' disappearance?

"I take it you.... Are you alright? You must have friends you can... talk to..."

Another pause.

"What do you need me to do?"

And then: -

"Can I do anything for you during this time? You'll need help from friends, yes?"

He was shaking his head - recoiling, not from the Vernal Sovereign, but from the news. Tea and pastries were completely forgotten.

11. Likes , , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There were some memories that you will never forget. For Sera, it was sudden upright snap of his fist, and the Nix flinches back in her seat. Logic told her Anatole was a friend and there was no danger. But her past will never let her go, and she will always be at its mercy.

Swallowing as she straightens in the chair, a gentle shake of her head, “No, nothing.” Her voice quiet.

Taking a moment, her mind wanders to the endless days and nights searching. “It was the breaking of our Oath that has hurt the most.” She didn’t want to taint the memory of Rhodes and what he did for the Freehold. But she felt Anatole needed to know, and truth be told, she was pissed about it.

“Yes, there are some changes, many changes.” Like who was going to wear the Autumn crown.

“I…” she began, voice trembling, threatening to break, so a deep breath was taking as she composes herself. Crying had gotten her nowhere, “I’m okay, I think. The first couple weeks were the worst, having to accept he was gone. Feeling the Oath break and finding my wedding ring shattered.” It was with her though, in a velvet bag, tucked safely away in a pocket. She couldn’t bring herself to get rid of it, despite the pain, it still carried good memories. And those were helping her survive. “I talked with Sonnie, she’s been an excellent support system, has really helped me work through the emotions.” And there were many emotions. Too many. But she was figuring them out.

A few blinks, a bit of confusion, “Need you to do?” a slight tilt of her head, “I don’t need you to really do anything. There isn’t much you can do, unless you know another way to try and find him, to try and learn what happened. But just do what’s best for your Season, we can’t have the cycle break. Autumn needs you and your strength.” She could see the dwarf making an excellent King.
    A weak smile, “Thank you for the offer, just getting to sit down and talk with you is enough. And talking with you means a lot to me.” She had never been close with the dwarf.

“Will Autumn need anything? I’m willing to help in anyway I can.” The Freehold came first.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Likes , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole blinks and his mouth forms a line dragging grimly down through his beard as Seraphina mentions her pain, the shattered Oath; the dwarf's gnarled fingers flex again but this time his hand does not rise. He starts to tap them on the table top.

"Yes."

The Paladin of Shadows answers to no question in particular.

"Thank you."

He tries a grandfatherly smile, doesn't like how it feels on his face.

"No. Autumn will not need anything. The Ash deals with its own... matters. But I thank you, all the same."

What is going to happen when he ventures into the Court Commons now? The bulk of it had been tied to the Dread Lord. All Anatole had provided were the Wards but they would not be able to hold out alone. He'd have to find out...

Blinking again he pulled his attention to Seraphina, his surliness replaced by puzzlement. What now?

15. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A single nod of understanding. Most Courts took care of their own, and she knew that well. Outside help was usually refused, and she was not upset or offended. Autumn was Anatoles right now, and she would respect whatever he decided.

“Autumn still has Spring’s full support should it ever need it.” She would not turn her back on the Season because of the actions of one. That felt wrong.

“This might come as an odd question, but I know he kept a room here in the boarding house. Would it be ok if I went into it?” asks the Nix, “I don’t know if maybe there would be some hint of what happened, if something called him away, if there was something he was researching.” Then a breath, “But I completely understand if you wish me not to, and will respect it.” Asking felt…right. She was an outsider here now, not free to enter as she wished. Not that she ever abused it, she always strived to be respectful of the Court.

“I intend to continue my search, both in the Dreamscape and outside of it. I can keep you apprised of anything I find if you wish to know.” Or not. That was the dwarf’s business. “I wish I had more answers for you, but I don’t.” was she trying to be stronger than she felt for Anatole and his Court? Yes, yes she was. They lost a Monarch, she lost her soul mate, but she would not let her grief win, she would not appear weak.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole managed a smile as, wounded though she was, Seraphina offered her support to the de facto head of the Autumn Court. The wizened has yet to full process the meaning of that.

He had started to scratch at his beard, as if he was slowly pulling some thoughts together. Seraphina's further question bought his eyebrows up, followed by a rueful laugh. His chair creaked as his stocky, heavy, body moved.

"What? Oh yes. Of course. Of course. Anything to assist you. Do you know where he kept his room?"

A simple question: had Rhodes kept his Court functions outside of his marriage? Anatole had never thought to pry... or to question.

"We could go up together, if you like?"

A simple question: Anatole recognised the change; recognised his role in securing that which belong to the Court; yet he equally recognised that this was a friend who had lost her husband. She had a right to Rhodes' papers and belongings as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread