Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2303) Off to the side

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 20, 2023 : (2303)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She wasn’t going to argue with Sonnie. If she says this is what she wanted to be doing, so be it.
    Pocket puppy? A brief look of confusion as she looks from Sonnie to Jasper, looking at his pockets. He had a pocket puppy?! Where?!

At the compliment to her dress and Hedgespinning, she beams, “Thank you! It’s something I simply love to do! I have way too many designs sitting in my Hollow.” the grin was returned, “The design is something that can be made into a suit if you are feeling daring. Of even into something new and different, the sky is the limit.” It was clearly something she was passionate about.

“So there is a puppy!” she exclaims, “You should have brought him! Dogs are always welcome in the Spring Tavern, I even make sure to keep treats and other goodies on hand.” She enjoyed dogs. Though Fugly would always be the best boy.

Now that was a more serious question, “Oh, a good question, I haven't been asked that in a while.” Taking a sip before continuing, “For me, personally, Spring has always meant I didn’t have to let Them win and take more from me. It’s allowed me to find joy and happiness in living my life to its fullest, not living in the shadow of Fear of Them anymore. I refuse to give Them that power, and instead, turn it on them, using it to help not only myself, but those around me fulfill their Desires. I find power in being able to laugh in the face of Them, they will never steal my joy, desires or happiness again.” It was simple to her, but she knew not everyone agreed with the way Spring did things.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes , Xander liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

When Sera looks to the tall Beast's pocket, there is indeed no puppy there.

A suit? Of stained glass? For him? He blinks and grins wide as he nods to the Fairest. "Ah might be feelin' daring. We'll have to see what I can come up with.."

He smirks and nods. "Yeah. Squire. Cute little guy but still growing. Don't know if a trip into the Thorns is good for a growing pup but I'll happily bring him out some place else next time," he says to her with a grin on his snout.

His ears perk forward at the answer to his question and he nods, taking a slow sip from his drink as he lets her talk. "Okay.. That makes a good bit of sense. They can't control us nomore.. We can do what we desire."
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I bring Fugly here all the time! He loves it! Or maybe he just loves the snacks. Anyway, he's at home right now, watching TV." Sonnie nodded, mostly to herself, "He's on a daytime talk show kick recently."

The Steepscrambler listen to Sera, and smiled before throwing in her own two cents, "It's also sort of a middle finger to Them, too. Like, 'See? I'm laughing and enjoying life. You didn't destroy me!' That kind of thing." She followed this up with a shrug, "Not that we assume They're watching... or that They'd care."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

5. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“That’s the beauty with Hedgespinning, anything is possible! If you decide to give it a try, I’d love to see the results.” It was such a relaxing for her.

“He sounds adorable! With the weather warming up, maybe a trip to the park or something! Hey,” looking to Sonnie, “think Fugly would be up for a trip to the park? We could all make an afternoon out of it! Bet I can even get Rhodes out of the house.” Oh, she could make a lunch!

“Yes and no. It’s more a line of thinking for us. It’s about denying the consequences of our past, and forging our own futures filled with our desires and living life to its fullest.” She was aware of the fact They were always there, it was a little voice in her mind. But she would not cower to it.

“Really? Daytime talk shows? He never struck me as the daytime talk show type.” Smirking as she talked. Not that she completely knew Fugly.

Nodding, “Exactly!” agreeing with Sonnie.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper nods as he listens to Sonnie's take on Spring and he smirks. "Yeah, feck 'em."

He turns back to Sera with a nod and a grin. "You'll be the first."

"He is. Ah'll send you a pic later once we get cell signal." His ears perk up at the mention of the P word. If he had a tail, it might be wagging. "A park trip would be cool. Ah heard there's some good trails out east and up north, past the river."
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

8. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hail and congrats to ya Queen Seraphina," Circe makes sure to have washed down the cake before saying anything. No point in being muffled. "Yer highness continues to shine in far better hedgespun gowns then I can do, a fluttering clavinger ta go with a dress that defies a world mostly plastic, by keeping it glass-ic, oh ho ho ho!"

Yes, Circe had rushed over to ensure she could make that pun before Seraphina had to go off elsewhere. Then nods to Jasper, "I see ya met Jasper. And Sonnie? I've a query. The wings are just fer show, right? They ain't functional?"

Didn't look big enough to stand in for a wing suit, but Tokens.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Yeah, feck 'em!" she repeated happily, a bit like a child repeating a word she found funny.

Sonnie waved at Circe as the Iron Spear joined the conversation, then blinked in curiosity as the question posed. She looked over her shoulder at the artificial butterfly wings on her back, then returned her gaze to the Larcenist.

"Um, I didn't weave the dress for flight. That probably would have taken more time and resources than I have. Is a flying outfit even possible?" The Beast sounded in awe of the idea.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

11. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“I’ll look forward to that.” Who knows if he’d ever try it. But at least he knows he has her support.

Beaming, “I’d love to see a pic! Dogs are just such wonderful and amazing creatures.” She never knew how much she enjoyed them until she met Fugly. “Then we’ll get something setup when it gets warmer, which should be soon. Anything you or Squire don’t like to eat, or prefer to eat? I was thinking sandwiches, and little sides and whatnot.” Because of course she was already planning. It kept her mind focused on anything besides her husband not being here. On her night.
    “By the river might be fun!” looking to Sonnie to see what her vote would be. "Think Sir Fugly can squeeze us in between his shows?"

It was always hard to miss Circe, with that dry heat accent, she stood out.

“Queen Circe, thank you!” a glance at the dress, “Don’t sell your designs short, you have some stunning ones. And Rhodes went to you for that dress for me, it’s exceptional work.” She wasn’t the type to let others talk down their talents. “Can you imagine if we decided to put our talents together? We’d be unstoppable!” a wink added.

At Sonnie’s question, “I don’t believe so. I know contraptions can be made to soar around the Hedge, but I don’t think it can apply to clothes. But that would be badass!”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Bump "Bump" this post

0 Scenes

5 days left!
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Apr 16th, 2023 at 12:08 PM.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh yeah sure," Circe answers Sonja with a Michigan impression. She drops the odd accent quickly going back to her usual Italian and Jersey mix, "They call 'em wingsuits. More glide then fly, couple grand I think? Popular in spy movies."

If Sonja Wu wanted powered flight, that'd require paramotoring. But that wasn't an outfit.

Circe smiles and nods at the praise of her workmanship. "I'd foresee fashionable power armor," she nods with a massive grin, "Something with a high heel that can break steel, oh ho ho ho! Or just outfits that'll make the cops tackle us with fire blankets," she sags as she admits to what was, well: "Those'd be more feasible."

And wait, you could fly in the Hedge? "Really? Fabulous flying machines? I can see that. There have been waaay too many amusing attempts Iron Side fer the idea ta not spread. Though I'd not trust the Ironside gyros, jet packs, or hydrogen in the Hedge." After a moment to consider, she decides to explain, "I smuggle shit through the Hedge and mundies speculate the how. It gets funny."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread