Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Grey Hoods) Freezer Burn

Jan 23, 2023 : (Grey Hoods) Info Dump
(Grey Hoods) Lunchables
May 22, 2023 - Jul 29, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

0 Scenes

The screeching sound of the laughing monkeys echo up and around Sonnie as she calls upon the Beast's Keen Senses, things start filtering in, the still arguing sounds of the hipster and his mom, muffled now and distant, the scent of various colognes and perfumes, beyond that, and while the door might have been locked with a simple padlock, it was still the door to a professional refrigeration, it was sealed up tight.

Faintly, ever so faintly near the handle is the scent of something cold, and rotten.

"If something like that does happen, we do issue new keycards and change the passcode." He says with an understanding nod, "Thanks for asking!" there's a cheer there, clearly from someone who's had to explain that you should not bring X, Y or Z into the units after the fact far, far too often, "We mostly do food storage here, a lot of dairy - milk, ice cream and the like, as well as meat."

Though the man looks confused as Circe speaks, but laughs trying to believe it to be a joke. "Glad to have someone so security conscious as a friend huh?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Oh, right, these are cold storage units. Of course they'd be air-tight.

Sonnie frowned at the faint scent from the door handle hit her nose. This was like the smell of the dead thing in the warehouse. Rotten.

Was this where it had come from? Or...

...or is there another one in there?

Her phone still in her hand, she texted Circe

Inside at unit. Looks clear but there's bad smell. U 2 hurry up.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sounded like Circe was ok with it.

A half smirk, “I think the dogs were a bit overkill for simple coffee house ingredients.” She wasn’t expecting someone to steal any of it. Though she did doubt one could tame guard dogs with treats and belly rubs, it sort of went against what they were being used for. But, maybe that was just her thoughts on the matter.

Back to the guy, a nod, “That’s good to know.” Smiling, “Not that I foresee anyone wanting to steal ingredients for a coffee shop, but, you never know these days.” Which was true. “Then it sounds like this place will be perfect for what I need!” ready to have this part done with so they could roam around.

Laughing as well, though hers had a musical quality to it, “It truly is! She’s helped me out quite a few times and I’m grateful for her advice.” Should see how useful she was against a Briar Wolf!

“Oh, one last question before I give you my money,” her tone lighthearted, “how long are the contracts for? Is it month by month or do you prefer your customers to pay for so many months a head of time? Either works for me, I was just wondering.” Month by month was preferable, but it was whatever.

Hedgespun jacket(+1 INT, +1 DEF), Hedgespun Necklace(+1 singing), dagger, gauze and medical tape, notebook with pencil, compact with mirror
    Health 7
    WP 3
    Glamour 9/10
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh," she shrugs at the dog story, "They were cute," she points one finger at Seraphina as if to defend the wild story. As for the potential theft threat that got her to laugh, "Oh ho ho ho! Can't account for stupidity these days with theft."

Really, the criminal element had gone so down hill.

"And well," Circe phone had a ringtone that interrupted her. An alert for this particular caller that was kind of 90s cartoon. A certain someone's ringtone. She inhales sharply, "Excuse me," and whips out her phone to check it. Then lets out a put upon sigh and starts typing as she talks, "Security is good, finances yer better at my friend."

She replies via text to Sonja:
    Speed of bureaucracy. S rent now, tour 2 follow. U lockpick? U hide godo

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

0 Scenes

Sonnie sends off her text, and waits for her team.

If you want to just hang around by the unit, please roll manipulation + subterfuge, to reinforce the oh don't mind me, I'm just on my phone, and totally not going to break in to this unit, vibe. but you can walk around, following your nose, or checking for security features if you want (each with the appropriate rolls)

"That's great,"
    the receptionist says, a smile firmly in place, nodding as Circe excuses herself to answer the text, "You can pay month to month, or pay for a set amount of time, we go 3, 6 then 12 months. And like now, if you're interested in moving your product in the middle of the month instead of waiting until the beginning of the next month, we do offer half months, with half the price." he says, with something more smirk then smile, and a wiggle of his brows, temping Sera into renting a unit now, instead of in a few weeks from now.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Okely dokely!

Despite her nonchalant final text, the Beast felt a touch of panic. A tour? That would mean the facility staff would be coming up here.

Well, shit.

She might fool some random customers, but the staff might be a tad more alert about her unapproved presence. Sonnie didn't want to be facing any uncomfortable questions (and get caught lying in response).

Okay, think.

Not my strong suit.

The simple answer would be to go back outside and wait on the stairs. Just pretend she'd been there the whole time. She could probably make it there in plenty of time since Sera and Circe were still involved in paperwork. Unless someone spotted her on security cameras (were there any of those? She'd forgotten to check), the staff would probably not realize she'd been inside already.

So, that is what she did. Sonnie made a calm retreat towards the exit, still putting on the social media addict act.

2 successes

8. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A solemn nod, “That is true, owning a business has opened my eyes to how stupid some people can be.” A sad fact of reality.

The Nix didn’t know whos ring tone was whos, “If that’s a text you need to answer with a call, I can finish up here.” Giving the Summer an out of she needed, “Then give you a call with the unit number and you can met me there.” Maybe the text was important. Maybe it wasn’t.

Back to the guy, a few nods again as she listens, “What a great deal! Offering a half month!” it made sense, a good way to get people to sign up. “Ok, lets do that then, I’ll sign up for the rest of this month and next month. That should give me time to move some product in, and see if I like the service and ease of access.” Might as well sell the whole thing. “Would I be able to start moving in things today? Would I have access only during certain hours? My shop stays open late, and sometimes I get shipments that I can’t get to until I close.” Small business and all.

Hedgespun jacket(+1 INT, +1 DEF), Hedgespun Necklace(+1 singing), dagger, gauze and medical tape, notebook with pencil, compact with mirror
    Health 7
    WP 3
    Glamour 9/10
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe sighs in annoyance, legitimately so no less. Yes, Circe was glad she didn't get a Flanders emoji or something. Yet, she didn't know if Sonja was a monkey with a smart phone right now or human looking. The lack of details was seriously annoying. Hopefully she could hide as needed and wouldn't act until after they got the guy away.

Cool. Be good

She looks to Seraphina from her phone, "It shouldn't be. Unless they seriously screw up," she draws out the last two words with raised eyebrows, "I shouldn't need ta call. The instructions SHOULD," she shakes her head, "Should have been clear but I should have written down my own fer 'em," she looks to the clerk, "Working with friends and family has benefits," she faux smiles and waves her hands in mock celebration. Then deflates with sagging shoulders, "And drawbacks."

Then looks to Seraphina, "They ain't asked about fire extinguishers, so positive thoughts."

U need tool? How u hide? Paperwork continues, so tour soon but no now

The second question was vital. It wouldn't do to have her or Seraphina react to Sonja hiding and draw the mundy's attention to them.

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

0 Scenes

There's an almost moment where a uniformed security person walks by who's eyes linger for a long moment but the moment passes, and the security guard continues their patrol.

Sonnie makes it clear back to the stairs to wait.

1 success

"If you're willing to pay for the half month, you can get in as soon as payment processes." he says, "If you were wanting the warehouse space, that has more stringent hours, but with the individual units, there's a reason why there's an accessible entrance separate to the main building. We have many people who work various hours, and need access whenever, so you're free to find your unit whenever as well." he offers with a smile, "Just finish up the paperwork, and I'll ask cash or card?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Yeah, watchin' DAT ASS!

Pride in her toned buttocks notwithstanding, a security guard having seen her in there could be a problem. For the moment, however, she was outside again.

Back outside. Waiting.

Sonnie had read in a detective novel once, that minor changes to your appearance can go a long way to fooling eyewitnesses. People tend not to remember details in passing. It was time to test that theory. The phone went away, as did her Avengers cap, stuffed into her bag. The hoodie was removed, the sleeves now knotted about her waist, showing off her black tee shirt. Her hair was quickly pulled into a loose ponytail. With luck, that guard wouldn't realize she was the same person as before.

Time like this, I wonder if I should get a pair of fake glasses?

Calm down, Clark.

And now, she sat down on the top step, and waited. Thumbs were twiddled.

13. Likes , liked this post
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread