No place like home

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit arrived at Funderland after it has been closed off to the public, wearing sensible jeans and his yellow windbreaker. He had already found a cheap apartment and deposited the few belongings he still possessed there. Too optimistic? Maybe. Even though it would go hard against anything he knew about Seraphina, there was a chance that she would deny him safe entry into the Freehold. He might have to burn that bridge if they came to it.

Would he have to prove his good intentions to the Wyrdstone again? If so, what if the Stone wouldn't accept him? Gerrit buried his balled fists deeper into the pockets of his jacket and banished those thoughts. Things would turn out just fine. They had to.

2. Likes , , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Had she expected Gerrit to return? She was honestly not sure. There was a lot going on with him, and she was sure she didn’t know all of it. But, it would go against who she was to not meet with him, hear what he had to say. People always had reasons to why the behave like they do, but would they be reasons she could understand?

To say she was over the colder weather would be an understatement. Warmer weather was her thing. Leaving the meeting room, she arrived early to setup some tea she knew Gerrit enjoyed, along with some sandwiches and muffins, she pulled her fleece around herself. Stupid colder weather.

It wasn’t the yellow windbreaker that caught her eyes, it was that it was Gerrit. In the flesh, back in Funderland, and a warm smile appeared on her lips.

Walking up, “Hi Gerrit, good to see you.” And it was true, she was happy to see him, but there was a slight hint of her being unsure. “I brought some of the tea you enjoy and it’s seeping in one of the meeting rooms.” Turning slightly, and beginning to walk towards it, “How’ve you been?”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

A rush of emotions surged through Gerrit as he saw Seraphina, a flurry of snow inside the Ogre's heart: shame for just slipping out at night even though Seraphina had helped him, awe for how stunning the Fairest looked (and he just couldn't get used to that), sorrow for the time he had lost. And yes, there was also a bit of hope when he laid eyes on the Queen of Desire. If there ever was someone who was able to forgive him and welcome him it would be Seraphina. The Stonebones tightened his balled fists for a second, the relaxed. The rust-colored scabby wound, that has scarred his right hand ever since he had picked up the tainted Goblin Fruit, throbbed in a weirdly cottony way he still hasn't gotten used to.

"Hello Seraphina." He made a conscious effort to look the Nyx into her eyes. "Uh, good to see you too." There was something in that angelic voice of hers, wasn't there? It was hard to grasp for Gerrit, and it made him hesitate again for a moment. "Tea sounds lovely. Thank you."

Sera was heading towards said meeting room and Gerrit followed. She was being less open than he had been expecting. Disappearing without any notice might do that to someone. "I have been.. well, I think I am better now. And I want to apologize for just.. leaving. I- there was a lot to think about for me."
    Once they've reached the room, Gerrit tried to look the Fairest into her eyes. "How are you?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A simple nod as he accepted the offer of tea. Being apprehensive was new for her, but there were many factors in play here.

“Glad to hear you’re better.” And she was glad he was doing better. She was never the type to wish harm on another Lost. Closing the door, she walks to the table and takes a seat, pouring them both some tea.

Sapphires look back into this eyes, “I’m ok, things have been,” a pause, “strained since you’ve left. Mainly with the Seasons and the lack of a Winter.” Being direct was not usually her way, but she had lied to many, including her husband, and that had been extremely difficult. “I appreciate the apology, you seemed to have a lot going on. A lot of painful things.” At least, that had been what she had gathered. His Court had left, then the Rust, it had to have been stressful.

“Were you able to think about what was going on? I mean, whatever personal things were going on. I won’t push you on what was going on, but I hope you were able to find some sort of peace.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The urge to look away was strong - but short lived. "Strained? What happened? Did Queen Anne-" He stopped and looked down after all. They had planned to strike at Anne's warehouse, and he had jeopardized the operation and bailed there as well. And he had never asked Seraphina if everyone else came out all right.

He reached for the tea and held onto the hot cup for now. He probably owed the Fairest a bit of honesty, and he came to the conclusion that he might have to open up to somebody if he wanted to build meaningful connections outside of his Court. "I.. thought I wanted to go and try to take back my old life. After John and Cassandra left for good, I-" the flash-freeze of Gerrit's Mantle snapped sharply, and for a moment the contrasts around the Ogre became starker, "I thought that there was nothing left for me in Sacramento. I've since realized that that was not true." He met her sapphires again. "This is my home now, and I'm sorry if my selfishness has endangered anyone." This could be her chance to air any grievances she might carry with her, to hold him accountable for his actions.

Gerrit thought for a second, as if checking something. Then he spoke up again. "I think I will have to prove myself in front of the Wyrdstone again - if I'm still allowed to stay, that is."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Queen Anne is still a threat.” And who knows for how long.

An eyebrow was raised at the revelation, it wasn’t unheard of. Many Lost tried to retake what was taken from them. “Wanting your old life back isn’t unheard of, there are many of us that want that. Want what was taken from us so long ago.” There was sympathy in her voice. She had at one point thought she wanted her old life. It had been a fleeting moment in time. She caught the snap of the mantle, but doesn’t say anything. Mantles were tied to emotion; she had seen it numerous times over the years. Especially with Rhodes when she had been hurt. “I’m sorry you lost your friends and your Court.” Her eyes showing the truth in her words, “It must have been very difficult for you, and I wish you didn’t have to experience it.” No one deserved to lose so much in such a short time. “Emotions and losing those close to you can cause snap decisions. I’m just glad you’re ok, you had me worried.” She had seen Lost come and go. It was part of their nature, move when they felt too much or just needed to feel safe. “You had a lot of people worried, especially after you were hurt. I know Liam was especially worried.”

Looking to where the Wysdstone sat beneath a cloth, “I don’t know what it will do, but you are welcome to try.” Looking to him, “You are of course welcome to stay. But I think they will be some hurt feelings with others, and I can’t speak for them. You’ll need to talk to them on your own, and accept whatever they might have to say.” Some were not as forgiving as she was.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit furrowed his scar-brows at Seraphina's answer. It would have been a small miracle if the Freehold was able to deal with Queen Anne in the weeks Gerrit was gone. He wanted to ask more questions, to get a better impression of the threat level - but he realized that it was prudent of the Fairest to wait until the Wyrdstone has proven Gerrit's good intentions before she shared more detailed information. "I see. I hope nobody got hurt or otherwise.. compromised by her." She did seem less optimistic than he remembered her. But maybe it was just him.

He listened to her words of comfort with calloused neutrality. Once Gerrit would have resisted the pity, convinced he wasn't worth it. Another time he might have embraced the implication of hurt, like a martyr in the name of Sorrow. Now the Ogre just accepted it for what it was and gave Seraphina a pained smile. "Thank you for your kindness. Maybe it was for the best, ultimately: Sorrow reminds us of the reasons to move forward, reasons to not give up." A slight shrug. "We are the products of our experiences, good and bad. I realized that I am still here - so are the other members of the Freehold." Was this enough to ease her worry? He couldn't think of anything else to tell her if it wasn't.

A rumbly "Hm." escaped Gerrit's throat when Seraphina mentioned Liam. "Yes, I'm afraid I'll have to reach out to the others."
    Although she showed him the Wyrdstone, the Winter didn't touch it right away. He thought about Seraphina's words - was she assuming or had someone voiced their anger? He could picture Anatole holding a grudge, maybe Rhodes too. But like Sera said: he would have to listen and accept. "Thank you for the heads-up. Is- were there other arrivals or departures in the meantime? And what kind of renovations are happening at your shop?" Was he stalling? There was nothing to be afraid of, since he didn't mean the Freehold any harm. Still, it felt right to rush things. Maybe he was just craving the connection to someone he knew.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“I haven’t had to heal anyone from Anne. Both with Spring healing and my Entitlement. So I count that a win.” But the fight was far from over.

For the best? She wasn’t sure of that, but also wasn’t sure how to word that. A nod, “Rhodes mentioned something similar at the Coronation. A chance to reminisce, thinking and looking to the future and remembering what the past has left. Sadness allowing us to learn lessons. I’ve always thought there was something important we could all learn and use from each of the Seasons.” A small sip of the tea, thinking over her words, “We are still here, and will welcome you back, you’re not a stranger, but someone we’ve come to call a friend.” Even if he left.

Sapphires watch him just look at the Wyrdstone. Most would be eager to touch it, why wasn’t he? Did she trust Gerrit? Part of her did. But he did leave, and his intentions could be to harm the Freehold. She’d play this carefully for now, holding her tea in a translucent hand.

“I believe Summer lost a member and Spring has gained a new one. Not sure about the new Spring yet, she’s very quiet and shy. But a new Freehold can do that to someone.” Thinking a moment, “No new Winters, so Rhodes stepped up as Director to try and prevent the Cycle from breaking again. It,” a pause, “wasn’t a good time the last time it happened.” She would never forget the Huntsmen or his hounds. “I’ll be redoing the interior, completely gutting it and putting a fresh spin on it. As well as opening the upstairs a bit more, making more traditional apartments. Nothing fancy, but a comfortable place for people to stay should they need.” That felt safe to share. “What of your shop? Will you be reopening it?” asks the Nix, “You had some beautiful flowers and plants there.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

(Activating the Wyrdstone)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"I hear you." She was playing it close to the chest, technically answering his question but not telling him anything else. Except... Entitlement? Had Seraphina told him about that before? Gerrit couldn't remember, and he didn't want to obviously ponder on that while he wasn't sworn in with the Wyrdstone. He knew now, and that might save a life down the road.

He sipped at the tea while the Fairest was talking about the Winter-less Coronation. It tasted good - although part of it was due to nostalgia, tradition. "You're right. That's why the Cycle of Seasons is so important. I'm not surprised that Rhodes captured Winter's essence instead of- well, instead of one of us." Although there was no 'us' anymore, was there? He offered Seraphina a muted smile when she called him a friend.

So there has been some more of the usual coming and going while he was away. Maybe it was time to stop caring too much about that. [color=#7770CF]"Don't I know that. Especially since this Freehold is especially welcoming. It takes a while for some Lost to realize that this isn't an elaborate set-up." Scarred lips pressed together tightly in reaction to what basically was Winter's failing. He wanted to ask Seraphina what had happened last time, but chances were she didn't want to talk about it right now. A more appropriate question to ask the Queen of Desire? "But nothing of the like has happened yet this year, has it?"
    He could have known that asking the Fairest about her business would lead to similar questions about Rosie's. The Ogre took another sip of tea. "So you have followed through with that idea of providing shelter to others in need. That's good to hear, congratulations." He stopped for a second, thinking about the people that had helped him keeping the shop. Was it gratitude he felt or just the idea that he had to be thankful for those ultimately fragile connections? "I managed to keep Rosie's, even though it was closed the last few weeks. I'll have to restock and juggle the finances for a while, but I think I can manage that. I will let you know once that happens."

Finally, Gerrit reached out for the Wyrdstone. "May I?" If Seraphina didn't stop him he would pull away the cloth and touch the Wyrdstone with his right hand - the hand marked by the Goblin Fruit. Beneath cold composure was curiosity, worry, shame: would the strange stone welcome Gerrit back as readily as the Nyx?

As per request, paging Saber Sloth again.

0 Scenes

Gerrit offers his Glamour to the Wyrdstone, and as before the petrified dragon's heart consumes the offering, unlike before the Wyrdstone's thrumming beat changes and the flicking Crown disappears. Only to reappear atop Gerrit's head, and pulsing the song of Sorrow to the Freehold.

Winter had claimed a King.

Gerrit you can describe your Crown!

13. Likes , Orianna liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread