No place like home

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

An intense rush of Sorrow caught the Ogre by surprise. Not that Sorrow was something he didn't have his fair share of experience with, but because it had so many pure qualities all at once: it was the deep, buried velvet blue of tragedies long ago. The sharp, gasping pale wave of loneliness. The slow burning amber of melancholy, of nostalgia. The monolith of tears of loss, big and unavoidable.
    Gerrit didn't know if Winter deemed him fit to represent the Season to this Freehold or if he got chosen by default - but if the last weeks had taught him anything, it was that he didn't have to question the Wyrds decision. Or his own, the decision to accept the hospitality of the Freehold and the responsibility granted to him by Winter.

With a snapping crack not unlike his Mantle's ice flowers formed at his temples, digging into the skin painfully without drawing blood and growing denser and higher until a crown manifested. It was simple in its basic design - solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head - but like fern frost one used to find at ones window in especially cold nights, flowery patterns adorned the base of it.

And despite it being anything but delicate, its weight didn't bother the Stonebones too much. It felt right.

2. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A solemn nod, “It’s why we brought back the Director position, for situations like that. Someone needs to stand in and try and keep things together.” But if it would hold? Well, time would answer that.

There was a soft chuckle, “Now that would be quite the elaborate setup and long con. But, I understand how some can be unsure, there are some nasty Freeholds out there, not as welcoming, not as kind.” She’d passed through a couple. She takes a moment to think, “I haven’t noticed if the break in the cycle has, well, alerted Them. The one we dealt with before hasn’t been around as of late, at least, not that I have seen. Both in the waking and in the Dream world. Though I would warn that that does not mean we are in the clear, not by a long shot. It’s happened before and can very well happen again.” They had to always be aware.

“Thank you, but it’s not as grand as I had wanted. A special building, with each Season putting something into it. But, have to start somewhere I suppose.”

A bright smile, “I’m so glad to hear you managed to keep it! Not a small feat.” She hoped he was able to get things back to the way they were. “I’ll look forward to hearing from you then.” Always one to support another Lost.

She just nods and watches him reach out to the Wyrdstone. This was out of her control now, the stone would either accept him…or reject him.

But it did something she had never seen…it crowned him! Sapphires widen as she see’s the crown, a beautifully Winter one at that, take shape on his head. It was spectacular!

Smiling, she bows her head respectfully to the newly crowned King of Sorrow, “Your Highness, King of Sorrow, welcome back to Sacramento.” This was going to create some ripples throughout the Freehold. But welcome ones in her mind.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Hearing Seraphina addressing him like that made him realize for good that the Wyrdstone hadn't just accepted him back into the Freehold, but had crowned him King of Sorrow. Which, in a way, also meant that he couldn't disappear again.

"Uh- thank you, Seraphina." Should he talk more formal now? Was the topic of their non-Faerie businesses too trivial now? Gerrit felt silent for a moment and decided that things didn't have to change too much necessarily. "Well, I am glad to hear that my absence didn't attract any unwanted attention. And that the seasons are apparently all represented again. But crown or not - I would be happy to assist you in the future if you want to expand your project."

Gerrit reached out for the tea again - it had grown cold already - and emptied the cup. There was a lot to be done: reach out to Anatole and Liam, maybe even show himself at Funderland more often. Get Rosie's up and running again. Look for a place to stay. "Thank you for everything again. It's good to know I'm among friends again."

I would be fine with this scene soon, to get it into continuity. But feel free to continue if there's anything you want to add

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

With a single nod of her head, she observed their new Monarch. Had Gerrit ever desired the crown before? Even if he didn’t, the Wyrd saw him worthy and fit to wear it. And she couldn’t argue with that, she liked the Orge. “I’m glad to have all the Seasons represented within the Freehold again. If you decide you want a gathering, I would be happy to offer my assistance.” But she could understand not wanting a gathering. “I know the other Monarchs will be thrilled.” Though she would leave that to Gerrit to tell them, she didn’t think it was her place. “Thank you, very generous of you, and I’ll let you know how the project advances. Perhaps a meeting of all four of the Seasons should be in order, to touch base and share anything important.” It helped them stay in touch with whatever was going on.

Offering a warm smile, “You are always among friends here.” Seeing the empty cup, “Would you like some more? Or even some for the road? I have a travel mug you could use.” Yes, she always came prepared. “I’m not sure how eager you are to get settled once again, and don’t want to keep you from that.”

I'm fine with wrapping up so the Crowning can get into continuity
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

While it was understandable - respectable even - that Seraphina's behaviour and tone got so much warmer as soon as the Wyrdstone gave its green light, it made Gerrit question the notion of him being a trusted friend. But who am I to judge the need to validate said trust beyond any doubt? The thought made him smile, wider than he had done so since coming here. The Nyx seemed optimistic and helpful to a fault, but she was no fool. "I think you're right. A meeting with Circe and Rhodes would ensure that we're on the same page. And it would give them an opportunity to ask whatever they want to ask me." Because even though he didn't want to lie about his reasons or his time away, he didn't exactly want to go around and freely offer those things himself.

"I would like some tea for the road, thank you. You're right, there is a lot to do. The sooner I get to it, the sooner things can go back to normal." However fickle the concept of normality might be. He would help Seraphina cleaning up (if necessary) and then he would take the offered travel mug out of Funderland to once again get settled in Sacramento.

Thanks for the scene!

8. Likes Orianna liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread