DISPLAYED
Aug 3, 2022 : Rotten Roots
(Rotten Roots) Take Warning
Mar 8, 2023 - Mar 30, 2023
(Rotten Roots) Grave Matters
Mar 10, 2023 - Mar 26, 2023
(Rotten Roots) Underbrush
Sep 23, 2023 - Dec 17, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

There's a low grunt outside the door and Liam ducks into the room. He's dressed in casual clothes; t-shirt and slacks with sturdy shoes. But there's a bulge around the Ogre's waist that looks like it might conceal a brace of some kind. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late." He steps in with a smile perhaps a bit too broad and shiny for someone not recovering from past wounds. "Sera...Rhodes...Circe. I'm glad you're here!" Surely with their help this Rust could be put to rest. Vincent is new though, and significantly smaller than the last canid Lost he's met. "Oh? Hello there, name's Liam." ​He offers a friendly handshake, curious of the Lost's tattooed form and...lack of discernible Mantle. A Courtless?

Liam looks over to Anatole, his smile softening into a contemplative grimace. "How much have you told them about what happened?" He doesn't mention Gerrit, but the subtext shimmers in his eyes like they're on the verge of tears.

2. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

well than I'll leave that to Vincent Black , are you hiding that you're wearing kevlar?

4. Likes liked this post
    Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Stats

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes

to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent takes a swig, "All has been good Sera, just need a bit of a caffeine boost." he says to her as he holds up his energy drink. "Well maybe you can catch me up a bit on what is going on once everyone is here" he says to Circe with a wink and slight grin.

Upon seeing Anatole checking him out, "The name is Vincent Black, and you would be." Vincent states with his hand out for a handshake.
    Nope, it is very apparent as the vest is over his T-Shirt. Think how Dog the Bounty Hunter wears his.

Vincent then notices another new face, he approaches @Liam, "Name is Vincent Black nice to meet you."

Equipment
    Speed: 10 | Defense: 2 | Armor: 1 | Dream Defense: 3 | Dream Armor: 3
    "Speech" |
    Thoughts

6. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole leans across and clasps Vincent hand. He gives the Courtless Lost a form nod, his eyes lingering on the Kevlar.

"Call me Anatole. Welcome."

He turns to @Liam as the giant Vernal Courtier joins the group.

"Nothing yet."

Then to the group.

"Eh. We have a major problem with the big old Trod in the heart of the city. It is - or has, really - become infested - or infected! Still no certainty there either - by a... A 'Rust'. This stuff covers pretty much everything in the Thorns. A thick layer of this... stuff... covers everything and slips off at the merest touch or agitation. It is absorbed by the skin and is highly dangerous - we very nearly lost Gerritt to it and I don't know if he will recover... I believe he was handed over to the Emerald for healing but I haven't seen him in a long while. So I'm not sure if he is still in the city or not..."

He looked back to Liam as he spoke.

"Liam carried him out of the Hedge the last time I saw him. Anyway, I recommend gloves and full clothing if you go back down that Trod again. There have been rumours that there was a dead Lost down that trod just before the infestation began - a Metalflesh or so the rumours say. I'm told he was carrying an inflected Goblin Fruit and it looks like things have escalated dramatically. Liam might know more..."

"Last time we ventured down that Trod we found the path infested. Gerritt was with us and got infected, so we had no choice but to withdraw. If the infestation... or infection... continues - ah we may loose the Trod. Or worse it might infest the Gate."

He turned swiftly to his own bag and slipped out some sheafs of paper. Handwritten research notes.

"No I've spent some time looking into this problem and we have already broached the subject with some here - namely Queen Seraphina who has suggested a trip to Ambrosial Delights might be in order. The hobs might have some secret knowledge of this malady that we can ... acquire. I also have my own research findings here, which I will get onto in a moment..."

He eyed the group, especially the Sovereigns and in particular Rhodes The Dread Lord had an interest in research and lore, one never knew if the Autumn Sovereign might have some further insight.

@Gerritt Aeolus has returned but Anatole doesn't know that yet. He has been under the impression that Gerrit is being treated for his injury / infection - just an FYI

8. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugs at Vincent's flirting request. Was it flirting? She kept getting the wrong orientation when she tried. Circe listens and interrupts Anatole when Gerrit's condition is revealed, cussing out "Beh merda." recalls the metal flesh mentioned. "That corpse I bought a barbeque jamboree's stock for? Those bird hobs we ready ta eat it, so maybe they're immune?"

The notion of the infection got her working on the maps. It wasn't really accurate for the Hedge because it was, well, the Hedge. You could enter a Gate on the 30th floor of a skyscraper, climb a literal mountain to another Gate, and find yourself in the same buildings B3 basement. But she could map the gates. Which is what she was doing. Infestations spreading out had happened before and been dealt with.

As for Ambrosial Delights, Circe had input on that and on an alternative solution too. "Well, I have some input. Market. Ya gotta think medieval barter. Exotic spices, fruit, meat, or booze from off the continent would be of value. That is the easy ta carry stuff. Alternative," she points at herself, "Guns and armor, always valuable. They'd be beholden ta us fer ammo ta a degree, but we'd be giving 'em guns." Circe stops the typing on her laptop to hold up her hands in defense, "I have ONLY considered that ta bribe large mercenary hob companies ta NOT take contracts against our Freehold."

Then there was her alternative worst solution to it. "The metal flesh's ashes are buried in the Underland tunnels. I inspected the tunnels during that flooding," she continues, "I saw no sign of this infection in the dirt there, no new colors." Circe inhales and sighs, "Meaning either the infection is Hedge only, or the corpse was cleansed. By the incinerator." Circe opens another window to see about purchasing certain items in Nevada. Viable, if expensive and needing restoration for not having too much paperwork. Eh, contracts would help with that: "Worst idea, burn it out. I'd recommend gas masks in case it's like burning poison ivy. Molotovs would be cheapest. Or we drive out of state and buy a flamethrower. They're legal outside Cali."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes takes his black coffee and sit next to Sera. Her leading question inevitably draw the eyes to his fellow Autumn. It was good to know that the Dwarf was deep in the investigation.

He listens intently to the initial brief. It certainly sounded like an infection, though such a thing could be a weapon poised by Ann. Damn her and her prowess. Perhaps I could use this to whip something of my own up against her... There is an approving smile as he is handed research notes. They had not worked together but here was proof positive that Anatole's research process was as thorough as his own. He nods, leaving through the sheets. "Well now, we can't have that, can we?" he adds thoughtfully to the possibility of loosing the gate, his eyes still scouring the research.

1 success

Gerrit's infection was a unfortunate, certainly, but it was a small sacrifice in terms of the gaining of the new lore. Circe's contributions were not technically incorrect, but leaped to an edge he didn't want. "No gunrunning. It only complicates things when we have to consider hobs with modern technology," the Director added, without looking up. "But thing esoteric barter also - original works, memories, emotions. Hobs trade in more than the mundane. Also fire may not be the answer. Magical problems require magical solutions. Fire coulld just have the infection spread faster.... possibly."

Finally, Rhodes looked up from his notes. "This is fine work," he offers to Anatole. "I don't suppose you happen to have a sample of this Rust?" It was as apt a name as any from the descriptions. "I would need a physical specimen to attempt to offer any more magical insight than what Anatole has already provided," he gestures with the notes. "The rotting fruit, the Seeming of the corpse.... I've put together theories on less evidence. I haven't encountered something like this Rust before, but magical infections do happen. I just want to know if this is an accident of circumstance... or a planned attack. Cutting off one of the main Hedge Gates would be.... like bombing a highway. I wouldn't put it passed Ann to forge a magical infection that ate one of her minions to get started."

After all... it's what I would do if I could find a suitable fool to carry it.

He looked to Circe. "You're sure this was the same corpse? The one in the infection and the one you incinerated?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

12. Likes , , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The smile was returned, “Hey Liam.” This was growing to be quite the party.

A caffeine boost was always a good thing in her mind, and she just nods to Vincent.

Sounded like Anatole was going to lead this off, so she gives him her full attention. Notes scribbled down as she listened.

Her lips pressed together, losing the Trod wouldn’t be acceptable. At the mention of the Market, “I had suggested it simply as a way to maybe gather more information.” After all, the Hobs spent more time in the Hedge then they did.

She winces, “I think fire might be a bit much at this point. The idea is a solid one, but we simply don’t know enough about it at this point. Who’s to say it doesn’t become airborne if burned?” a stretch, probably, but one worth considering.

To Rhodes, “I don’t think there is a physical specimen yet, at least, not that I’ve been told. But that was a main point for me, getting a specimen to study. Perhaps some sort of box, glass or, like Anatole had suggested before, enchanted, to keep it contained while it’s studied. We can’t actually get rid of it until we know what we’re dealing with. I can offer the Spring Hollow as a place to study it, unless you wished to study it at the Autumn Hollow. Either way, we need to get eyes on it.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

@Rhodes will find that Anatole has struggled to draw much from the library. He has, however tracked down tantalising hints and suggestions link the dead Lost's seeming and aspects of their Entitlement interacting in obscure ways. He has circled "Rust like a skin or layer", "Rite", "Goblin Contracts / Magic" and "Sacrifice?" in his notes.

The burned dwarf is studying Circe as the Crimson Soverign outlines her thoughts. He grunts and knuckles his moustaches.

"Well that kills my idea that it was that Metal Flesh who was the source of the contagion, like he was a sacrifice or something and its spreading out from him. Uncertain on the nuclear option... Circe, that is the first step on the path of a Bridge Burner. Best not go anywhere near there unless we have no other choice...."

He turns to Rhodes and Seraphina.

"That is correct. I had taken some sample bags with me on our last expedition - but they were for the fruit, not the rust as such. And given how things went down... there were other concerns. Yes."

"Now it may well be we can collect samples. The 'Rust' breaks off easily enough but it is like it wants to do that. If it gets on any exposed skin it will simply melt into you and both Liam and I saw how badly Gerritt - an Ogre! - was affected by only brushing a small crumb of the stuff onto his person. But a box or container... thickly warded or strongly built... yes that might work."

"It could still be a rite of some kind but if it is, the source is not the Metal Flesh although i admit it looks that way. Perhaps we should check on the body just in case."

He gestured, somewhat feebly, with his hands.

Excerpted from Anatole's research Glimpse

Long hours, dim light, dwindling sources means that Anatole doesn't find the mystical tome with All The Answers, but he does find a few things that
    might connect.

The first thing he finds is a mention of the Elemental kith Metalflesh, which rings a bell. Liam mentioned a dead Metalflesh, wrapped in vines where the rust was first found.

Looking through the Dread Lord's inclusions to the Autumn Archive Anatole does find something mentioning the Hedge Wardens with their ideas of the Promise of the Thorns, and the ones known to Sacramento, are a large Motley that spend the year walking the Hedge from Redding to San Francisco and how when they're Entitled their Mien's take on the appearance of Iron.

With the Mien in mind, Anatole flips through a book of children's stories, an echoing theme among them. Turning something, into something else. Something into gold usually like straw or lead, but as always, a price, consequences, and if they can't pay that help turns to hurt.
    [/ctl]

16. Likes , , liked this post
    Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Stats

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes

to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent just sits back and listens to those who have encountered the rust before him. He listened intently, trying to pick up on whatever hints he may pick up from the descriptions.

@Saber Sloth please let me know if I could roll anything that might give me some information from my own personal knowledge. Thanks.
    Speed: 10 | Defense: 2 | Armor: 1 | Dream Defense: 3 | Dream Armor: 3
    "Speech" |
    Thoughts

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe holds up her hands in defense, "Whoa whoa whoa. I said I wouldn't sell guns, save fer that one exception. The most modern thing I'd consider giving 'em is bulk football pads." She holds up her left hand as a fist and starts raising fingers as she counts details, "Cheap, we know weak spots, and not bullet proof."

Circe's mantle flares up when Ann's name is mentioned. Yes she still is hate filled and Wrathful about the Fetch Maker. As for when Rhodes rejects fire, Circe gives him a thumbs up as she looks to Anatole who'd also rejected it, "Totes true Anatole. Their shit ideas are the worst solution, hence me calling it the worst solution."

"Nope!" Was her quick reply to Rhodes on the corpse connection, "I was asking if it was the same metal flesh." Circe shrugs with her palms up, "Guess I was unclear. There was a metal flesh corpse we cremated, and had spoilt fruit next ta it. Was there another metal flesh? If not, we can check the ashes," she smirks, "We'll need a shovel."

As for how to contain a sample, she'd an idea for that. "Wrought iron box maybe? Lead? Organ cooler? I know how ta forge, could get some iron ore and just bang out something and maybe iron blocks the infection. Collection," she looks up online and frowns. Types more and makes a face. "Okay, so really good hazmat is out, legal and cost." She shakes her head with eyes wide at the zeroes. "Sorry slow, filtering. Ha! Filter. The septic level suits is only a hundred but there are a LOT of Halloween hazmat costumes. Oomph, the respirators are pricey too, milsurp masks might be cheaper. And ugh," she pulls back as she looks at something related to sewage cleaning. Environment example? No, something uglier to the Fairest, "Il cazzo mi fa male agli occhi. Safety gloves, thick and chem resist but ugly. Like six-ha! Overstock cheap if gotten in bulk."

Having a chance to ditch the gloves and not be infected would be worth how unfashionably bright and ugly orange most of these coated gloves were. At least to Circe.

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread