Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

[22 12] Anatole's Corner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 21, 2022 : (2212) Winter Solstice
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole grunts again.

"Aye. I've only explored the nearer portions of that Trod. I'd be keen to know if this rust has been turning up anywhere else."

He nods.

"Extra precautions. Most definitely. I'm thinking even masking up for the next journey out that way. That stuff slips off whatever it is on with... too much ease, I'd say."

Happy to change the subject, he makes affirmative noises as the vernal Sovereign shares her news.

"That is good. You have put much work into that. I am so glad..."

His voice trails off, aware of the giant Beast.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper seems to have lost a moment or two in thought as the two courtiers discuss the rusty trod. Why did they leave? What was going on that they'd become oathbreakers? What did I do that was so wrong?

He blinks a tickle of tears away and he hides a sniffle from his long snout by burying it in his drink for a moment and then he nods to the both of them, turning first to Anatole. "It does hurt. It will probably always hurt but.. life goes on, amiright?" he adds, trying to brighten the mood. The normally jovial Coyote hasn't been feeling all that jovial lately and he hoped seeing others of the freehold, friends, would change that. "I'm sorry to hear that you 'ad to go through this too, mate. If you ever wanna talk..."

He turns to Seraphina and nods to her with a bit of a smile, though it doesn't reach his damp eyes, yet. "Thanks. I'll likely take you up on that sometime. Maybe soon? Winter is supposed to be a time of reflection, right? We got a whole season ahead of us," he says and perks his ears at the offer of a refill. He glances down at his cup and downs the rest of it in one gulp. "Actually, I'll get it this time. I still gotta go say hi to a heart. You can get it next time? Do either of you want a refill?" he offers, waiting for a reply before heading towards the Wyrdstone and the tables of food and drink.

Heading here after he gets food and/or drink orders
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

0 Scenes

Normally when you provide a link to a place it's to show you're going there immediately, for something like moving locations you don't have to wait for your 'turn' if you're re-entering a scene/thread, but with the Wyrdstone you can just pop into the main thread and spend the Glamour, and say you're just there to do that, and pop back here,

5. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She takes a moment to think on what the dwarf has said, nodding slightly, “Might be worth hitting up a Market to try and see if we could gather information on it. See if any of the Hobs and whatnot have come across it in other places.” And she loved an excuse to hit up a Market.

A more eager nod, “Good idea. Though I’d be curious what would make a good vessel to transport a sample to some place like the Autumn or Spring Hollow. Is it just skin and whatever it’s on that it seems to cause damage? Maybe some type of metal container.” Or maybe even glass?

“The thing I’ve learned over my years is hard work and dedication will always pay off. Even with setbacks and hurdles. And even then, I cannot take all the credit, each success is a Court and Freehold success.” Well, it was to her. Rather it be her business or the Tavern, it was a collective effort.

“You have my number, so whenever you want.” There was no pressure from her. Then a nod, “That is correct. I believe the Dread Lord said it best, that it’s a time for reminiscing, thinking about our future but not forgetting our past. The past is there to remind us and teach us.” But she had a feeling Jasper already knew that. “I’ll hold you to that.” On letting her get his next drink with a small smile. “And I think I’m still good right now, but thank you.” She was sort of nursing her drink, which had a bit more kick then she thought.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper returns from his little jaunt to the Wyrdstone and finds himself a chair to settle in two. It serves a couple purposes: it allows him to rejoin the conversation without anyone having to crane their necks to look at the skinny Coyote's seven foot plus frame, and it turns his lap into a table for the plate of food he brought back. His drink gets set down at his side, careful not to tip it before he mentions to Sera, "Ah'd like to come along on that Market trip, iffin you don't mind." and then he digs into the food with a bit more restraint than a hungry street dog. Barely. Not really. He's less messy. Maybe.

Ah! Apologies. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

9. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole blinks.

"Its an old wound. I was a niave back then, fresh out of the Other Place."

He tries to smile, his own hesitation betraying his own wounds. Jasper moves off and the burned dwarf stares after him. He lent an attentive ear to the Vernal Sovereign.

"No. The rust seemed to melt right into Gerrit's exposed flesh. I can assuredly say it din't last on his skin long. Now a container? Worth a shot. Maybe something with warding as well - Contract magic or rite - just in case. Something to consider and I must admit... I hadn't."

He raised an eyebrow at the mention of the market, a wry smile attempting to bend his beard to its will.

"I didn't think of that. If we are going down that path we had best have something to trade for the information. Even the lies will be expensive."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Love to have you come along!” Market and Hedge trips were the perfect way to get to know those around you. If she noticed how he ate, it did not show. She wasn’t one to place judgement on others.

She takes notice of what Anatole says about an old wound, but doesn’t ask. It seemed like something Jasper and him would have in common and therefore, more right to ask about.

Sapphires widen, Melt?!” then a small shudder. “Now a Warding spell sounds like an excellent idea. An added bit of protection for the Freehold and whoever is around the container. I’ll admit, I have limited knowledge of such Contracts.” It sounded like something the Autumn Court would know though.

“Hmmm, yes.” A nod, “Best have items to trade that are valuable and highly sought then. I haven’t visited a Market since I went to get material for your jacket, so I’m not sure what is currently being sought after the most.” A thoughtful look, “Until we talk with someone, we don’t know if this Rust affects those who reside within the Hedge the same as it does us. But if it does, then things that offer protection might be valuable.” Maybe. There were factors she didn’t know yet.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

0 Scenes

8 days left!

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien

Mantle
    Jasper Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper slows his eating as he looks over at Anatole, watching the burned dwarf for a moment. "If you ever wanna share scars..." he offers, a bit enigmatically but he's no Winter.

Jasper winces slightly at the mention of the rust melting into skin and he pauses his eating, licking his jowls slightly as he nods. "So, yeah.. Be careful around the thorns. Not that I wasn't going to be to begin with..." he says, licking his lips again and looks from Anatole over to the Vernal Queen. "Does the local Market have any price for admission or anything? Any particularly unusual rules or anything ah should know 'bout? When do you wanna go?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

There is a flicker in the eyes from the Wizened as Jasper speaks, a sudden frisson ghosting across the burned dwarf's features. He raises a hand and scratches at his soft whiskers, such an odd counterpoint to his scarred skin. He pauses to let the Vernal Sovereign respond, but as the pause lengthens he interjects.

"Price for admission? Yes. Glamour. They have Contract magic that binds you - buy, sell, both. In Ambrosial Delights, everyone has a role to play. So be very mindful of that, Jasper. The Market can have some very literal interpretations of its laws. Be careful what you sell or you might end up selling yourself. But I can assure you that they take Glamour for payment, so stock up on your own reserves or get hold of some tokens, that should suffice."

He winced slightly, remembering the scene with the thief and the severed hand; remembering the Lost who crewed the Help Desk.

"If you are lucky enough to come across the Spider Market things are little freer. Of course, that requires that you can find the Spider Market because it is always moving. I'm afraid I don't exactly know its schedule."

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread