Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Molly Knight
    Attribute (Presence)
    Perfect Stillness
    Trained Memory
    Hedge Gate Sense
    Mantle (Spring - Faint smell of rain)
    Molly Knight

Mien: Unearthly paleness with the only color being the redness at the tips of her fingertips and the brown fuzz of her shriveled wings that protrude from her shoulders. Eyes as black as the void, with nearly no whites to her eyes. Thin and lanky to the point of being skeletal.

Mantle: Faint smell of rain or morning dew

PRE

Leechfinger Windwing

"Molly Knight." The reply was nervous as she looked about at the others. "It's nice to meet you, Miss Wu. Um..." Molly glanced away to the side, not really wanting to meet the eyes of anyone there. It was getting harder not to fidget. Just because she was good at hiding her emotions didn't mean she didn't get extremely nervous in the presence of so many people.

"I'm new to this Freehold... um... A member of Spring. You called Sarah your Queen, so even without the Mantle... I'm assuming you are too?"
    Seeming and Kiths: Darkling Leechfinger/Windwing
    Merits: Mantle (Spring) 1 and Perfect Stillness
    Health 7, Willpower 4, Glamour 5

2. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Now that was a dress.

Laughing, “It should never be a competition on dresses. We’re both beautiful and very talented, knowing what works on us and what doesn’t.” could Sera were a dress like the one the Summer Queen wore? Probably, and she would look good in it. But it wasn’t her style. “They do, don’t they!” a hint of pride in her voice as she glances to Rhodes. “I suppose this will be the first real test of it.” No happiness in her voice. It could very well go sideways.

Hearing her name, well, the more mundane name, she looks over and see’s Molly. Though why the new Spring didn’t see her was, well, weird. And she wasn’t sure if that was a good weird or a bad weird yet. So she decides to watch for a moment.

It was hard to miss Liam as he entered, aside from his height, Sera actually enjoyed his presence. Always wanting to help and be supportive of those around him. A translucent hand was held up in a wave, “Hey Liam, great to see you!” greets the Treasured with a warm smile. “And thank you, you’re looking good.” She was so excited with how the Tavern was coming along, building on what Ingrid had started.

A bow of her head to Rhodes, technically, he was still in charge, “Thank you.” She truly relished compliments from him. Then a more somber nod, “Yes. If the risks are unknown, we cannot be protected against them.” They had seen what happened, they had fought and bled against it. Something she did not want to face again.

Protections? “Do you think the lack of a Winter will weaken them? Is it something we need to come together and address?” could the other Seasons come together and strengthen it?
    “She is, though I’m afraid it seems I didn’t make a memorable encounter when we met.” Her voice a bit lower.

Then a wide smile, “R’lyeh! Good evening! I simply love that suit on you, such a wonderful fit!” and it was! Skills she was working towards achieving. Getting something to fit just right was a special talent, and hers was getting there.

Smiling to Sonnie, “Right back at you! Love the dress!” it was fun, and in her opinion, they needed fun. And even though the Beast appeared to be talking to Rhodes, Sera shrugged lightly, “I have no idea. I know Cassandra was in town a couple months ago, stopped by the shop and it sounded like she was planning on staying.” But she was more concerned with Gerrit, where had he gone? When had he gone?

Looking to Rhodes, “If you’ll excuse me.” A bow of her head as she walks over to Molly and Sonnie, unlike others, Sera had not dampened her Mantle, it was there on full display. “Molly, this is Sonnie Wu, I had mentioned she was the Claviger of Spring, and our resident expert on Kung Fu.” Then to Sonnie, “Molly has recently arrived and I was able to met with her and get her acquainted with the Freehold and the stone.”

Sorry to jump ahead, but I will be out of two until Tuesday and didn't want to hold the thread up

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes , , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia entered wearing her usual everyday outfit, whatever the Lost of Sacramento would make of that was up to them but they had only ever once seen her dress differently and that was for the Summer Coronation. She had not yet met any of the Winters and it was something she was eager to do. She had talked to members of the other courts but none of them were as good as hiding as the Winter Court. She gave everyone an awkward wave as she made her way towards them. Looking for new faces and cold mantles. She approached Liam, Rlyeh and Circe "Liam it is good to see you again." Yes. People say things like that "Rlyeh, it has been too long" well not that long, but again it was another phrase people said. She turned to look at Circe, specifically her dress. "I am not sure if you want to fight me, dance with me or you are going to pick up one of those charming jousting sticks and charge but I love it. How did you make it? Where did you get it?" a set of chainmail curtains would go lovely with her 70's conversation pit that had been recovered in paisley, 80's lava lamps, her 60's psychedelic wallpaper... the chainmail would have been a nice touch in the beauty of her apartment. Beauty was certainly in the eye of the beholder and to Talia it was the best ever. To everyone else, they needed a bucket. Contrasting themes and decors from different eras had a habit of causing nausea.
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

6. Likes , , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am more suited ta suits, be they tied," then waves her hand down, "Or armored."

When Rhodes mentions the Huntsmen incident, Circe nods. "Yeah both are a concern Rhodes. If HE should revisit then ATF be be damned. We're going ta get an M202 and use it on the bastard. 4 chances ta hit." Circe smiles widely holding up both hands at a 4. "Sonnie, if I had what I'd just mentioned, it'd be slaying everything, oh ho ho ho ho," the laughter is slightly more manic then usual.

The entire Freehold is probably agreed that whatever that gun is, Circe shouldn't have it.

"Hail and well met," Circ salutes those new arrivals, "Looking sharp R'Lyeh. It suits ya very well," she cheers for her courtier.

"Talia, welcome ta the party," she raises both arms in greeting and to show off her attire, "I didn't get it, I made it, oh ho ho ho! Cheated to, I am NOT making it the normal way again," body language and Mantle confirmed this. Lower tone, ears flushed, Mantle flaring all at the word again. Circe didn't like the damage to her fingers from that. "Why? Did ya want yer own mantle of metal mesh?" Circe rubs her chin with her blue fingers, loking Talia up and down.

"Red or silver easiest, buuuut look shit on ya Talia," she grumbles with a frown. "Brass? Copper maybe? Function over fashion with me," Circe shrugs with a tilt of her head, "I mean, I learned what goes with blue the hard way. Anybody else got better insights?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole offers Rhodes a wolfish grin in return. The flash of emotion is fleeting as the rest of the Freehold arrive.

He inclines his head deeply at Seraphina . At her compliment a grandfatherly smile cuts through his beard.

"I have been well Queen Seraphina, which is something I am quite thankful for. Thank you. You look magnificent as always."

"Circe? Yes yes! I deem you make quite the impression yourself!"

A look of confusion passes over his face when he spies the Crimson Sovereign Circe .

More of the Lost are appearing, too many to track all at once. He stiffens when he first catches sight of the Darkling all in white Molly Knight but before he can do much more she is being swamped by other changelings from the Freehold. He catches sight of Liam Gelt just in time to nod back in welcome. Rlyeh and Sonnie Wu receive the same wave.

He can see Talia - the Fireheart Waterborn Elemental is hard to miss, however he can't quite attract her attention.

Sighing quietly he lets his attention return to the newcomer who has been accreting assistance. He doubts that the Darkling needs any more help. So he holds his position in Rhodes' shadow and lets the gathering grow around him.

9. Likes Xander, , liked this post

Molly Knight
    Attribute (Presence)
    Perfect Stillness
    Trained Memory
    Hedge Gate Sense
    Molly Knight

Mien: Unearthly paleness with the only color being the redness at the tips of her fingertips and the brown fuzz of her shriveled wings that protrude from her shoulders. Eyes as black as the void, with nearly no whites to her eyes. Thin and lanky to the point of being skeletal.

PRE

Leechfinger Windwing

Molly stared at Circe with a bit of brief confusion at the question. "Um... usually if you've got nothing else, blue goes well with black or white, to varying degrees depending on the shade of it. Though you look like you might be able to pull off just about anything." Molly was fidgeting as she looked about the area with a faint smile, if an extremely nervous one. "I've been acquainted with Queen Seraphina and the Wyrdstone rather. This is my first time meeting the rest of the Freehold. Spring or otherwise."

Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

More familiar faces arrive. R'lyeh the ooze-fox gets a friendly smile as we weaves through the crowd, and Sonnie gets a finger gun back. ​"The sky, the ceiling, and clearly you my friend." He nods to Talia. "Hey, Talia! Good to see you, too." He waves, grunting through a rush of pain that shoots up his side from a still-healing shovel wound. But the vigorous response cloaks a growing unease. Rhodes is talking about 'contingencies', and Sonnie's mention of the past Winter Monarch troubles him. He can't imagine all of the Winters leaving together for anything but the most pressing of reasons. And Cass should be able to get them to wherever they need to go. And together Cass and James can take care of Gerrit. The Ogre isn't one to think much of the worst-case scenario.

Sera puts a name to this new Lost face.
    Molly. "Hello, Molly." She seems nice, though a bit shy. But Springs come in all shades. "So you're Pledged then? Good! We'll have to show you around some time. There's a few places like Sera's coffee shop that we like to hang out 'mongst the Mundies." It's been a while since he's been to that cozy place, but he's always enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere and smooth, warm beverages.

Molly Knight
    Attribute (Presence)
    Perfect Stillness
    Trained Memory
    Hedge Gate Sense
    Molly Knight

PRE

Leechfinger Windwing

Molly couldn't help but jolting, some of the features of this new person reminding her of a tree in the oddest of ways. "That's good to know. I'm glad we have a safe place amongst the Mundies. Wait... is that the place that Sera met me in before? It was some sort of coffee shop, if memory serves." As she relaxed, she could feel her own body returning to a perfect stillness that was oddly comfortable for her. "What are your interests? Mine are reading books and needlework." Quiet activities that don't make much noise.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Folks were starting to mingle.

"Thanks Molly," she responded to the compliment on her appearance and fashion. "Trying ta figure out what'd go good for Talia here. Oh?" She blinks as she gets side tracked by the noob status. "Well, welcome aboard, we are the good kind of crazy," Circe sends Molly a smile the is quite wide, "That makes yer foes flee rapidly, oh ho ho ho!"

Then points at Gerrit, "Best damn coffee in town," she says firmly as Common Grounds is mentioned. Seems Gerrit was chatting up the noob now. Well, she could poach for Summer later. Though there was another thing to introduce the noob to. "Molly? One thing. If ya haven't heard, we got some auxiliary positions for running things in Sacramento. I got the title of Groundskeeper, which means massively over doing it security guard for the Freehold. Ya have any worries on secrecy or threats, let me know and it gets handled."

Then she is back at Talia. "Brass ta gold color range I'd think if ya want fashionable mesh Talia. Of course, what ya prefer is most important," she assures her Courtier.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(Bind the Wyrdstone to the Freehold)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord shrugs sadly at Sonnie's question. "Not a clue, I'm afraid. Neither he, nor Cassandra nor Gerrit have been seen for some time." Winter always seemed to be the season that they struggled with the most.

The new Spring seemed to lack the decorum he would have hoped for. So disappointing.

To Sera, he offerd a slow shake of the head. "No.... but as we saew last time, a break can be repaired but the gap is enough to cause issues. We've prepared as best we can with the Director. Everything else we will have to be vigilent for." He inclined his head as his wife excused herself, allowing himself a few seconds of watching her leave before looking around the room to see who was there. It looked like everyone he knew of - and some who didn't. Or simply didn't bother to make themselves known to the Dread Lord. Talia, is it? Well, they all come and go.

It was hard to tell if Circe was serious. They couldn't just mortar everything, Gentry or no. He resigned to sighing andf shaking his head.

It was probably time.

"Changelings of Sacramento!"
    He announced clearly and loudly, his voice a rumbling baritone. "Some of you will already be aware that our Freehold is not blessed with a resident of the Winter Court, meaning that no-one will be crowned this Equinox as there is no-one to crown." He paused, looking around to make sure he had their attention. "This in, itself, would be cause enough for the Sorrow that the Witner Court embraces. Remebert our Winters past, and lament that they are not here today. Remeber your friends, your family past - those that have become lost to us, and the lessons they taught us." Rhodes frowned. He didn't want to overshadow Sorrow with Fear, but people needed to know.

"Some of you will remember what happeneed the last time when there was no-one to take the Winter Crown. For those of you that did not, or have never had this misfortune, be aware that the ancient magics bound by Changelings of forgotten past into the seasons helped shield us from those that held us - from the Gentry themselves. With that cycle broken, there was a breach in that protection. It was a Time of Sorrow, when a True Fae that went by name of the Huntsman broke into the world and stalked the city until this Freehold broke his tenuous hold on the ironside realm and he returned beyond the Hedge to Arcadia."
    He scanned the room again, gauging reactions. "You all deserve to know that risk is still present. And since that time we appointed the position of Director, a position to hold the Circle of the Seasons together, a Steward in the absence of a true Monarch of the Season. I have held this position in the faith of the Monarchs of Sacramento, and will take over as Director for the Winter. And I do hereby swear before you all here, that I will pass the Mantle of leadership to Lady Seraphina of the Spring Court when the Equinox comes."

Rhodes turned, and laid a hand on the Wyrdstone, infusing it with his Glamour. "As with any other season, we must refresh the binds to the Wyrdstone which I do now. Any not bound to a Court must refresh the bonds also. You may notice a few changes... This Winter is likely to be milder, more... Autumn-like... but I ask you all to have care and be vigilent, in case this does not maintain our protections as we so hope. I am sure you will all watch out for one another. I will be watching the changes in the Hedge, the seasons, to make sure we are safe. Should anyone wish to discuss these with me, I will be here." The Autumn King tugged his jacket lapelle - leaves swirled around his feet from his blustering Mantle. "But for now, we should consider what this time actually means. Midwinter is a time of reminiscing, thinking to the future and remembering what the past has left. A time of recollection, that so often brings forth past Sorrows. Be mindful of the sadness in the past - and learn their lessons for the future. I hope you all enjoy the evening... For John, for Sasha... for all the Winter Monarchs that have come before. Thank you."

His peace said, Rhodes stepped aside, towards the drinks to refresh his.

I believe only Vincent Black is the only Courtless and still needs to pay 1 Glamour ot the Wyrdstone and attend the Coronation.

Please remember to respect the Posting Order! Don't forget you can leave the main thread ito side threads if you want more focused conversations.

From an OC perspective, if anything weird happens with the absence of a Winter MOnarch, it will arrive in one of Saber Sloth 's lovely plots!
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread