Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
251 - 260
DISPLAYED
Haunting House

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 26 of 28 First ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Searching was exhausting, but she was determined.

Unfortunately, determination doesn’t always mean results. Unless you count watchmaker tools? Those were odd. The girl says she couldn’t see a watch…so why the tools?

With a look of confusion, she turns back to Sonnie, but before she can answer, the Beast asked a weird question,

“Huh? What was what?” clearly confused, “I just spent hours searching the room if that’s what you mean.” Nothing special about it. “But anyways, only thing I found were watchmakers tools. If there are tools for it, it must be important.” Frowning, “Somehow.” Chewing her lip once again she looks around the room, then back to Sonnie, “We know the watch seems to somehow reset the room,” that seemed to be a fact, “but how can we use it to get out of here?” come on Sera, think!

“Rhodes is so much better at this stuff!” she says in frustration. “So maybe it’s something to do with time, like, uh,” trying to think, of anything at this point, “maybe a certain time opens a door or something? Or….or...it's a Token or even something Hedgespun!” The Nix was trying, she really was. Her mind was split on different things, finding Rhodes and getting Sonnie out of her safe. She was Queen, she had to protect Sonnie and get her out.

Hedgespun Necklace(+1 singing), dagger, 1 bottles of water, bag of Reese’s Pieces, gauze and medical tape, compact with mirror, cell on silent
    Health 4L / 3
    WP 2
    Glamour 6/10
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes , liked this post

0 Scenes

"Not - uhh - gonna -" Says the ghostly gal swallowing down something, swaying in Sonnie's hold, "Wha-what. Again with watch. Why? Why are you goin on about it. I have no watch tools. All you would have found is what I need for my work. I promise." sh enods towards the pile of fetch making things that Sera had gathered, seeming to ignore, or perhaps she's completely unable to see the watch makers tools.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Hours?" Sonnie looked at the Fairest like she was crazy. "Uh, Sera, it's been only a few seconds. Me and Wednesday here have literally not moved from this spot. You've been zipping around the room like a 5 year old on the world's biggest sugar rush."

The Beast's eyes narrowed as the watch was discussed again, giving her a thought. "The watch. Maybe this is more time shenanigans. Like, it sped you up somehow? But why?" She glanced at the ghostly woman in her hold. "And why can she not see anything related to it?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Seemed the Fairests patience was coming and going in waves. “Why?! Because it’s been the only consistent thing is this whole mess. I might not know how it’s exactly tied in, but if you say you can’t see it, or the tools for it, then something in the back of my Changeling mind starts itching.” A translucent yet bloodied finger tapping on her temple. “And I’m sorry but I’m not buying it anymore. You know more then you are letting on. So unless your work relies on watch tools, you are lying.” Stretching the word, “I’ll find a way out of here, but I’m not so inclined to take you with us anymore.” Hands lowered on the table, “But understand this, when I get my friends and myself out, I will burn this shithole to the ground.” If the girl was still in it, so be it.

A confused look back to Sonnie, “Wait, seriously?!” it had been hours not seconds. “But no one was touching the watch.” This was getting beyond her pay grade.

Damn, she just wanted her husband, a log hot shower and to curl up in bed.

“Do you think it was designed to help her,”
    a nod to the girl, “work faster? But also allow her to rewind in case she makes a mistake?” it could be a possibility, it would assure quick, quality Fetches every time.

“Why she can’t see it?” a bitter chuckle, “Oh, she sees it, she’s just decided to lie to protect her Keeper and this sick factory they have going.”

Then, quietly, while watching the girl, “I say we destroy it.” Would the girl flinch, react, scream at them not to?

Hedgespun Necklace(+1 singing), dagger, 1 bottles of water, bag of Reese’s Pieces, gauze and medical tape, compact with mirror, cell on silent
    Health 4L / 3
    WP 2
    Glamour 6/10
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

For a moment, it appeared as though the ghostly girl in Sonnie's arms, had curled into herself, and the seeming protection of the hug-hold, she was shaking and the Springs might have expected tears and sobs and denials as was the norm for their experiences with this almost free changeling, and while she does curl into herself, hunching her shoulders, and she does shake, it isn't because she's sobbing.

"Go a -fucking - head!" she screams first to the floor, then her head raises as she uncurls, glaring through tear filled eyes, "Go destroy the imaginary watch stuff. Since there's nothing like that here, it'll do a big load of whoop!" it's not much, but at the end of it, she's huffing and puffing.

"Now let me go back to work. You don't know what will happen to me if I don't work!"

1 success
    If someone wants to roll Int + Occult (Spec with fae/keepers/durances) -3 to see wtf is up with the watch, go ahead

8. Likes liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie finally released the Darkling. What was she going to do besides waste time with the mush pile? She was no threat, otherwise.

Turning to Sera, the Beast sighed tiredly, "Maybe? Remember when she," a gesture towards Tick Tock Woman, "was a normal person, and then suddenly she was like this? That was an awful fast conversion. That should have taken hours, but it was minutes." At least as Sonnie remembered it.

The Monkey looked at the Watch, "If you want me to smash it," her collapsed staff was in her hand now, "I'll smash." Sonnie was too done with this place to even giggle at her own innuendo.

Plan B was queued up, unless she could think of something else.

failure

Yeah, that was a long shot.

10. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Usually Sera was a softie, especially when someone was crying. But this wasn’t a normal time and this Fairest was done. Beyond done.

“See, there isn’t going to be anymore work. This little operation is done, you won’t be making any more Fetches.” A small part of her heart broke for the girl, who didn’t know any better. She was simply doing what she was told to do and not get punished. She had been there, she had lived it, and she still lived with the scars and nightmares from it.

A nod to Sonnie, “It makes sense, but I don’t see it actually helping us get out of here. I think we’ve wasted too much time on it.” It had a purpose, but it wasn’t to help them escape. And anyways, when she touched it, time went back…not forward.

Single should goes up into a shrug, “Smash it. Maybe whatever hold or magic it’s working will be dispelled.” If not?

Sera didn’t want to think of that right now.

1 success

Health 4L / 3
    WP 2
    Glamour 6/10
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The tick-tocking fetch continues to tick-tock head lulling back and forth, arm still raised and pointing to the watch.

The ghostly woman once released, sputters out a an avalanche of Thank yous as she wobbles and drops to the floor to the mush pile of the ruined head and tries, once more to piece it back together. The fire that had sparked ever so briefly is once more extinguished, she's free to do what she had been remade to do. Make things.

Sera thinking on what she knows of the House and it's fucked up space and time. Places running forward and back, how some rooms had aged in minutes, and how down was up and up was down and -

Why would one of the Others have a seeming useful item like a time-resetting watch to speed up Fetch production and not have their primary worker aware of it, or it's functions, and yet have the Fetches themselves claim it was the way out? When it's a cruel trick. Sera remembers Rhodes speaking once, of these sorts of tricks Keepers would play where a keystone of the domain keeping the changeling sequestered would also be their key to freedom.

They could destroy it, shattering the room and possibly the House beyond, at the cost of the ghostly fetch maker's freedom and possibly her life.

Or, they could try and solve the watch-puzzle and try and save this changeling, and try and free them from their Keeper's negligent grasp.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

A flick of her wrist, and the Hedgespun staff extended out to it's full length. Ryu Jingu Bang in its full glory, or at least Sonnie's recreation of the Monkey King's iconic weapon.

She watched the Fetch Maker a moment, her expression one of pity. There was some question in her head, about the morality of leaving the Darkling to her chosen fate. Some Changelings just weren't ready to make that leap towards freedom, she supposed. Too much fear, still. With a shake of her head, the Beast stepped towards the watch.

Her Queen gave the order, so she raised her staff with both hands and prepared to swing down.

YES! SMASH!

If this sends us back in time to the 1950s, I'm banging Marty McFly's mom.

I kind of want to give Sera the chance to stop Sonnie here, in case her die roll gave her some insight for a possible way to save Fetch Maker. We're not in combat rounds, so yeah? Otherwise, I'll roll next post because Monkey got no other ideas.

15. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Was breaking it the right choice?

She chews it over as her brain tries desperately to think of something else. Then she remembers something Rhodes had said. Could his words be true in this case? Was the watch truly the keystone and the key to freedom?

The Nix didn’t want to waste anymore time, Rhodes was still missing and she was tired. So tired.

“Wait, Sonnie.” Turning to the Beast, “I just remembered something Rhodes talked about once,” she begins, “if her Keeper is using the watch as a trick, that it truly is the key to getting her out. But she either doesn’t realize it or it’s been hidden from her eyes. Perhaps a Ward or something built into the actual watch.” Now she was pacing, “If that is the case, then if we can figure the watch out, we can all get out, saving her,” a nod to the girl, “and bringing an end to this house of horrors.” Stopping, “I’m not completely sure, but I do trust Rhodes, and if he mentioned it, it has to be true!” he would never lie to her and make things up.

“So the question, how do we get her to see the watch, how to we convince her it is her way out?” thinking, thinking, “There are none so blind as those who will not see.” She mutters, still thinking.
    So maybe….

The Treasured picks the watch up, ready for it to rewind time. Will the girl acknowledge it happening? Or was this a fools errand and they’d be back at square one. Watch in hand, she kneels down in front of the girl, holding it out.

Health 4L / 3
    WP 2
    Glamour 6/10
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

17. Likes liked this post
Page 26 of 28 First ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Last
Closed Thread