Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

A short slight figure stepped into the haunted house looking around in curiosity, dark charcoal gray eyes drinking in all the details of the place. Flickerwhisp walked with a purposeful confidence doing his level best to be present, and not hidden in the shadows of his pack. He was wearing clothes that mostly fit him, a distressed Ramones band tee under a well worn denim jacket with jeans that had holes where the knees poked through. His hair was uncovered and the blood red locks seemed to go down to about mid back. The pale skinned man was beautiful, and he was doing his best to act like he was aware of that.

Flick moves over to those already gathered smiling softly at his Giant of a Motley mate, and bumping the side that did not have a puppy resting in a pocket. He nods to the others there, feeling that comforting presence that came from them being connected by the Wyrdstone. His voice was soft when he spoke, less timid than before but still only a few notches above a Whisper.

"Evening everyone"

2. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

To be early? To be late? To lie in wait for everyone to get there and see her? Or to arrive after and have everyone look at her then? In the end it was her anxiety that lead the charge, as it often was. After years, and years, and a whole entire one here in Sacramento she's arriving for the first time as a member of a Court. Her new Summer Mantle resting about her shoulders like a contented cat. The warmth of sunbaked asphalt, and the pervasive scent of gasoline wafts around her, to R'lyeh it feels-reminds her of stopping for gas and lunch during a long summer road trip. Content-happy, and not wardrumb-rage-berserk like she had feared.

Wearing the suit that Circe-queen had bought for her. Tailored to fit and prefect. It had been years and years and years since she'd had anything that wasn't secondhand and she's. Overcome-overwrought with just those two simple facts, but it wasn't all.

It. Wasn't. All.

Her one and sometimes second tail had slipped from solidity, and slipped into smoky shadows and splitting into three, and it should be heavy-weighty-cumbersome, it wasn't. It was just swish-swish. And her fur! Her fur wasn't matted-oil-gross, it was smoke-smog-miasma, feathers dirty-cracked but free and not sealed into scared skin. They weren't pinch-pulling or anything! Little things were less solid-real, but she felt more-better.

Bubble-excitement-hope?

"Hi!" she calls when she clears the stairs-porch and makes it into Edna's propper.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

Mara is about 5’10” and skinny. She has big dark eyes, a wide face and a crazy smile. Her hair is copper blonde and curly, and usually unkempt. She's always wearing a purple hoodie. Her general hygiene is not the greatest, and she's most often covered in bruises and various injuries.

Her Mien reveals a sickly skin covered in terrible scars that will never fade. Most notably are her wicked sharp teeth that protrude from her terrible smile.

PRE

Gristlegrinder

Mara walks in after Flickerwhisp, clearly smuggling something under her hoodie that suspiciously looks like a baseball bat. She glances around. "Hi, hi, don't mind me. Ah ah. I'm just here coz they made me. Ahaha... Food now." She heads over to the spread, grinning appreciatively "Nice. Very nice. Like the kids say, Good soup!"
    Mara, Ogre: Gristlegrinder. Courtless.

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper grins down at Sonnie and nods, "Cheers!" He rubs along the pup's ear again. "No name yet, at least not one that he's told me."

When Sera makes her entrance, he pauses and gives a bit of a goofy grin and a wave of greeting. "Hey, Sera. Nice to see you again."

It's true; people were focusing on the giant and his pup and that made him smile even more. If he had a tail, it might be wagging. He nods down to the Wizened Smith "Thanks a million, Anatole. All of this looks great and intimate is always good for me.." he says with a playful wink and grunts at the bump to his hip. He looks down at Flick with a flick of an ear and then smirks over as he sees Mara before the Beast makes a beeline towards the bounty of food.
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

(Activate Hedgespun Ring and Dress)Glamour 2 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Seriously, we need to go shopping together sometime, you find the greatest dresses!” and yes, the Nix meant it. “More hours than I care to admit.” She says with a laugh.

It was hard to miss Anatole, and his coat. That she had made. A little tingle of pride at seeing it.

“Anatole! Great to see you, and looking quite handsome I might add.” The coat helped. “I am always thankful for the bounty the Autumn Court is able to provide each year, thank you.” A smile and nod of her head.

But it wasn’t lost on her how he referred to himself with things. Did Rhodes put the whole setup on the dwarf?

Spotting Flickerwisp, a warm smile and wave was offered to the quiet beauty, “Hi Flickerwisp, so glad you could make it!” she wondered if there was more to him behind the quiet and shy front?

But Rlyeah? Now that was new…and exciting!

Sapphires widen slightly as she takes in the suit, new from the looks of it, and the Mantle! Rlyeh had a Mantle! She had picked a Court, and from the feel and smell, she’d guess Summer!

Excitement danced across her face, “Hi R’lyeh! Looking amazing!” and she truly was! There was so much difference to the shy, withdrawn girl she had known. This was awesome! She loved it!

Then came the imposing, and loud, Mara, a smile to her as well, “Hi Mara, great to see you! And Coronations are usually always fun and worth attending.” Usually. Winters could sometimes be a bit of a downer, but still fun in its own way.

“You as well Jasper, hope you, and everyone else, has been settling in ok since we last spoke.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fashionably late was a thing. Circe could certainly pull if off, fading crown from the Wyrd still on her head, crack filled but still sputtering out light. But she didn't, instead coming in on the tail of R'lyeh, like a liege following their herald.

Her chosen outfit was very much not the image of the Iron Spear but of Circe' Iron Spear. Circe had another suit as she often does, though she'd not neglected accessories. On the right lapel was the Summer Brooch, shining where the tie should be was a hedgespun necklace Circe had upgraded so the base behind the metal tree was flickering with the light of dawn itself, her hands wrapped in a set of fingerless red leather gloves with elaborate plate decoration, and a pair of chic combat boots.

That her newest suit looked similar to R'lyeh's suit was an intentional sign of approval and solidarity with her new Summer courtier. It also had deep pockets. Circe observes the room to see only a few familiar faces and several new ones. Sonja and Seraphina were greeting arrivals, she snorts in amusement at a thought she'd give words to soon.

"Of course R'lyeh looks amazing Sera," she says loudly, "The newest Summer of Sacramento is amazing, so she always looks it," the blatant praise is followed by giving a thumbs up to R'lyeh. Etiquette? Eh, why bother! "And yes, the Freehold has another new guardian in its ranks, the amazing and awesome R'lyeh!"

Anatole however gets a salute from Circe and a respectful, "Well met Sir Anatole. Nice suit, let me know if ya ever want a reinforced version. Ya'd look BAMF in it."

It would take a LOT for him to lose Circe's approval.

"I see several new faces," she looks at the unknowns, "And whilst I could leaf it ta the Springs ta meet an great, ya have enough Victorian work under yer shoulders Sera," she laughs, "Literally with that dress Sera. Outfits like that are the reason I stopped bothering ta even try ta compete with ya on the Hedgespun gowns." Then back to the newest arrivals, "Welcome new people I haven't met yet," she cheerfully greets them. "I am Circe, Summer Queen, monarch fer like another half hour, and Groundskeeper of this Freehold."

She waves happily. After a pause, "The last one means head of security, bee tee dubs. Ya got concerns or wants ta know of local dangers, totes ask me. Welcome ta town everyone! I am sure I will be getting yer names. But, I hafta give props to ya, uh?" She lazily points at the Gristlegrinder in the hoodie. She freezes and raises her right eyebrow and ear in confusion. Was this one of the hoodie monster hunters' friends that had returned?

Circe shakes it off, back into greet mode: "Prepared aren't ya? Or were ya hoping fer a game?" The cheer in her tone fades to concern at the second question, "Knew a Lost in my last city, dude carried bowling balls everywhere ta try ta start a game at any time. Oh hey, what is on tap?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

9. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

Mara is about 5’10” and skinny. She has big dark eyes, a wide face and a crazy smile. Her hair is copper blonde and curly, and usually unkempt. She's always wearing a purple hoodie. Her general hygiene is not the greatest, and she's most often covered in bruises and various injuries.

Her Mien reveals a sickly skin covered in terrible scars that will never fade. Most notably are her wicked sharp teeth that protrude from her terrible smile.

PRE

Gristlegrinder

Mara grins to Circe, showing her wickedly sharp teeth. "I've never played a game in my life. Baby's here for emotional support!" She let's the bat peek out of her hoodie. It has two small googly eyes stuck to it... "I even dressed her up for the occasion, see? If Jasper gets to bring his puppy, I get to bring Baby. That's the deal, I said. Fight me, I said. He decided not to fight me. Smart, I said. Yep. But don't worry. Baby won't be any trouble. Usually, I'm the trouble." She laughs.
    Mara, Ogre: Gristlegrinder. Courtless.

11. Likes liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Cool, cool, cool!" the simian Beast said to the canine one as Jasper headed off to the food, "I'll have to introduce you to Fugly sometime!"

Sonnie blinked in confusion as several more new faces arrived at the party. "Are we being invaded?"

Her apprehension was short-lived, however, as she was distracted by Rlyeh's arrival... complete with a Mantle. "You joined a Court? Congratulations! Also, have you always had three tails?" she asked curiously.

Finally looking back to Sera (as one cannot ignore a Fairest for long), "Totally! Shopping is fun... if you have the money."

Her head cocked to one side as she looked at Mara, curiosity piqued. It had been some time since she'd seen a Ogre around here. "Baby? Wait, is that a real bat?" Probably not. The googly eyes were a hint.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole's eyes are drawn, naturally, to the door as the Freehold arrives. He swirls the whisky in its glass idly, moustaches puffing as @Flick and then Mara arrive. He drinks carefully as the pair converge on Jasper, eyes narrowing as he works out social dynamics.

Then @Ryleh and Circe demand his attention.

"What on earth happened to you? Eh... What now? You feel better?"

The Smith exclaims at the Elemental, momentarily stunned by the sheer scope of her transformation. As if he couldn't guess...

"Why thank you Circe. Sera made this for me. Ha! No! This is fine for now. I'm not looking for armor. Not yet, anyway."

The dwarf grinned and gestured to his raiment when the Crimson Sovereign enthused.

"We got wine, spirits, punches, water... whisky. And non alcoholic beverages if you prefer. Season provender as well. All very well sourced, I assure you. You have a new Courtier?"

He blinked, examined Ry'leh once again and made a face.

"Right! Well congratulations then. Interesting choice..."

There was talk of a bat. He pivoted and focussed on the third newcomer who was currently being swamped by... everyone else. He see's a flash of teeth in the shadowed hoodie. A part of him also recognises Circe's flash of concern...

But all Anatole see's is another Ogre - Iron Meg.

His face hardens. His stubby fingers flex. And his glass shatters.

"Damn! Sorry..."

The wizened retreats to the (safety) of the tables, searching for a napkin.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(Ride the Falling Leaves, Wyrdstone)Glamour 3 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Yes. My night. All too infrequent, but this time is unequivcolly MINE.

3 successes

An icy breeze drifted through the room, rustling haunting whispers past the ears of all in the room. It was a chill herald of that which followed - a twisting Maelstrom of leaves suspended three feet in the air - swirls of brown, red, orange and gold autumn leaves, a literal avatar of Autumn.

They spun through the air, doing an airborne lap of the room before swarming, swirling and coellessing at the head of the room.

The lithe, elfin form of the Sacramento Dread Lord took shape. An elegant-cut black suit with an orange shirt under a Hedgespun long coat of roiling black thunderclouds. His lower legs were bare, wrapped in thick woody roots that almost hid his human feet. Branches of dark green leaves and scarlett flowers grew out of his head, burst our of his wrists and shins. Last to form was a malicious thin face of pale skin, lamp-like anime eyes a deep emerald, and ears more pointed than ever. Root-like growths formed woody calluses around his eyes and along his long, nimble fingers ordaned with a simgle simple gold ring. And the Crown - without shine or gloss, spikes of lead thrusting darkly like a crown of spearheads.

Rhodes spread his arms wide in welcome.

"Sacramento."
    Despite his slender form, the Fairest's voice was deep and resonant. Many new faces... it was reassuring, and a smile touched his features. "Welcome. For those that I have not met, I am Rhodes, Dread Lord of Sacramento and Director of the Freehold. It is my pleasure to welcome you to our celebration of our season." He grew sombre. "The Autumn marks the passage of the time, from the vivality and life of the Spring and Summer toward the inevitable end. From the time of life, the bleak winter lies ahead and we must face Fear, the acknowledgement of our mortality." He paused, looking around. That smile stretched a little as his eyes settled for a fraction of a second on his beloved wife, whom he had seen too little of these last weeks. He continued. "Fear is always seen as negative, but it keeps us alive; a warning against that which threatens us. It is our internal survival. No-one knows Fear like the Lost, we who have suffered and vowed never to be sbject again to the predations of those that held us against our will. Whether we choose to embrace desire to it's fullest, turn to wrath for vengence or focus on that which we lost in Sorrow, we all know fear of the Hunt, the Gentry's return. But that is merely one side of the season - the other being the bounty of the the summer's toil, preserved against the hard times ahead. This year, they are brought completely by the Autumn Court's Paladin of Shadows - Analote - and I would ask you show your appreciation for his work." The Dread geastured to the dwarf - after all, he had done little in preparing this season.

For once.

"This night, we come together in protection, a ward against fear. Those without the safety of the Courts should bind to the Wydstone," he gestures to the strange, throbbing object, "to become one with the Freehold that we might know against... interlopers" he stresses the word carefully "that would do us and the Freehold harm. As rising Monarch, I reforge the link that binds the Wyrdstone to our Freehold for the season." He laid a woody-clawed hand on the rock, which glows a little as the Flowering feels the flush of Glamour into the artifact. "As the old saying goes my friends, eat, drink and be merry," his eyes turn dark with a merciless grin, "for tomorrow we die."

Whatever else it was, it was a Fairest's flair and gravitas. Rhodes marks the end of his opening speech with a small flourished bow to the audience, before moving away towards Sera. "Hello, darling. You look magnificent," he says, gently taking her hand and kissing her fingers. The hand is squeezed just a little, the only sign of his emotion to his darling wife.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

16. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread