(2208) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2208) Sanctuary) Moros Acknowledgements
Aug 13, 2022 - Aug 23, 2022
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Good to know," she murmured in response to the churchCircle having enchantments as she reached out to accept the card offered by Nos with a small nod.

"Witch," she introduces herself to... well, everyone. A small head bobble, a lifted hand, a classic new-girl-in-town smile accompanying the shadow name.

Using Nos's card she indicated the various individuals, confirming she had heard or overheard their own names correctly.

"Nos, Aurora, Apollo, and Corn . Who actually is one of the ones I was told I could talk to about making my move here approved and official. Sounds like it still is true Councilor. Anything further than an official welcome I need for that to happen?" A smile, a tease, but like, for real ... surely there would be more than just that?

Leaning in toward Aurora she waggles Nos's card in her hand, "I think he was asking if this place was secure." Given the way the woman carried herself, she wasn't concerned that the correction would irk her. Folks that oozed confidence that way weren't built with a fragile ego.

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle enters Consilium a little more winded than usual. She's been taking some morning jogs to help condition herself for training with Phoenyx, and her body and sleep schedule has been fighting her efforts to stay in shape when her cozy couch and books call just as eagerly. Clearly having just showered prior to coming in, the Mastigos wipes some post-jog sweat from her brow as she waves to those assembled. "Hello everyone! How's life?"

Even in her current state, she does notice the two new and flashy faces. She approaches and offers a hand for a friendly handshake.
    "Hi! Welcome to Sacramento. I'm Belle, Mastigos. Pleased to meet you both." Today was already looking up from the last few Consilium encounters. Though she notices some faces have yet to show.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There were a lot of sounds coming from the Concillium hall when Phoenyx returned from her patrol. Wearing shorts, sneakers and a tank-top, she headed into the hall, looking around at the mages gathered.

"Good afternoon everyone," she said, announcing her arrival. Noticing the two new arrivals she took a moment to centre herself before approaching them. "My name is Phoenyx. I am the First Talon of the Adamantine Arrow here, as well as the Obrimos Councillor. I also handle protection for the Circle of Creation. If either of you should have need of help while you are here, you can call or reach me here." She looks from one to the other. "If either of you are of my Order or Path, we can arrange more detailed discussions later."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer walked in looking like he was talking to himself. He seemed a little more animated that usual but nothing that would seem out of place to those who knew him. He approached Corn , "Hey man if you got a moment I would like to introduce you to someone." Zero whispered to corn.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

I have a heart that gets on everybody's nerves...

What? You don't need to be a master to dislike your peer group. But Councilor, so here he is.

Uncharacteristically disheveled, Puck enters the sanctuary in jeans and a grey hoodie, a navy blue t shirt, and black boots. When he sees the people assembled his mouth ticks down for a fleeting second before returning too a more neutral expression when he sees Apollo and the new faces.

"Sup." He gives Witch and Nos a chin-up in greeting. "I'm Puck. Acanthus Councilor and voter of the Council of Free Assemblies. If you need me for recognition or anything just give me a holler."

And with that Puck takes a seat off to the side. He hated being swarmed by people, and going by the time it seems everyone was still on the 'let's encircle the new people before they're fully recognized' bandwagon. So Puck steps back, giving them the space to follow the people and conversations they needed to as newly arrived mages rather then answer the myriad of questions they were undoubtedly being bombarded with.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo took another big gulp of his coffee. "I am good thanks Belle." He looked around his eyes settling on the new mages "It's a pleasure to meet you both" he wasn't going to announce his path or order. To Apollo it wasn't needed in an introduction. "You both have some official business to deal with so I will duck out. If any of you want to talk I will be over here to give them some room." He paused for a second, took another big gulp of his coffee and went to take a seat away from the group.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

A'keira Lim
    Striking Looks (Almost Silver Screen)
    Nos

Nimbus:

The smell of gasoline and rubber fills the air. Metal and machinery rattle and feel strained and engines roar to life. Unoccupied vehicles might appear to have shadowy figures within them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Now you want beer made? I’m your girl."

Nos' eyes light up like Christmas trees. "Hell yeah, Queen! I'll take some homebrew anyday. I can get baked on my own just fine," She says with a wink. Looking at the others, Nos reiterates, "Sorry loves, but it's finalized; Aurora's my favorite. She brings snacks and brews alcohol... I'm a simple gal with a simple heart."

On the topic of sanctum safety, Nos nods. "No worries there, it's just me, no employees. I don't plan to take on muggle clients either, but even if I do? I got a decommissioned traffic light fer decoration. I'll leave it outside: Red means I've got Sleepers inside, and if yer lookin' to talk, make sure you keep things on the DL. Green means all good; Just me, or me and friends in the know... which, will mean just ya'll fer now. I only got in the Sacramento yesterday, so I don't know nobody. Yet, anyways... speaking of, how's the nightlife in Sacramento? Any good clubs I should know about?" A surreptitious, playful smirk crosses her face. "Any ya'll party animals? If so, show me what's up, yeah?"

"As fer what ya call me... I don't mind, whatever ya like. Nos works fine, but I don't wanna wear it out. Jessica? I think I look kinda like a Jessica... pfft, I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. Don't worry 'bout it."

Nos give a two-fingered peace sign as a wave of greeting to Belle, Phoenyx, Puck, and Zero - that latter of whom she doesn't learn his name - and offers up a return introduction. "Nos. Good ta meet ya." She offers more business cards with her garage's address to any who wants them. "For any who didn't hear, I got a mechanic shop if ya need. I'll give ya the fellow-spell-slinger discount."

8. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

When Nos mentioned her undying love for Aurora , homebrew and nightclubs, Corn smiled. "At least the batches I have tasted from Aurora are excellent. Some are exotic and some have the familiar feel that takes you back. As far as clubs go, your favorite knows nightlife in Sacramento very well and has shared her knowledge with mages that are here for years or that just arrived. You also have more choices for party-goers. Apollo for example. "
    Belle and Phoenyx get a greeting and a smile.
    Witch reveals she's a moros too and ask about the recognition. Ohhh, right. "Well, it is a bit more than that. We should have a chat soon. I have already arranged one with Nos." Theoretically I should check whether she's a Seer, a Reaper or an enemy, Corn thought, but he hasn't heard any of the others going deep in background checks. "We are now four moros in the city, counting you two. Once the last one..." And Zeromancer arrives.
    "Greetings Zero, give me a moment. In fact, let me introduce you." he said to the other mage. "Ladies, this is Zeromancer, a necro-bro like us. Zero, this is Nos and Witch. As we are now four Moros in Sacramento, I think it is time for me to call a necro-bro meeting. Now excuse me ladies." he said and took a couple steps away with Zero.

"All good, Zero? Who would you like me to meet, and where?" The other moros didn't seem to imply there was danger in that meeting - and there were better options for combat support than Corn - so Corn didn't think it was about violence.
    Puck arrives looking more disheveled than usual. He was not doing the three-piece suit often.
    "Greetings Councilor. Is everything OK? Has there been any trouble we should know of?" he asked.

With many people gathered and a lot of time since the start, Corn looked around for one person in particular, that he couldn't see.
    " @Winter is absent again. It has been several months. Of course, he may have moved on or be temporarily away for some reason.
    But when the consilium's sentinel and sole Guardian disappears, it could be more than simple coincidence. Anyone has seen Magus Winter? Heard word that he would be away for some time? Most of the people that left have informed someone.
    "

Should I open a sidethread for our chat, ragnarokxg or should we keep it for the Moros meeting? deltadream @notahoney badger do you want separate recognition scenes, or should we do it at the beginning of the moros meeting; recognitions usually don't take too long...
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

10. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shake of her head, “Nope, just speaking with your Councilor. We’re pretty laid back here.” Well, some of them were anyways. “If he gives you a hard time, just let us know.” Not that he would, but, she wanted to have some fun.

Chewing a piece of brownie, she nods, “I figured, but sometimes you never know with him.” A joking wink offered to Corn.

Hand held up, “Hey Belle! Have a brownie! They’re really good!” cause everyone needs a little sugar in their life. Or chocolate. Or both. Yah, both.

Then came Phoenyx, who says her shit. A hand was held up, “Hey Phoenyx! Got some sweets if you want!” maybe it was the chocolate helping her mood?

Zero whispering to Corn? Not her business, but she still raises a hand to wave to him.

If she noticed Puck looking like shit, it didn’t show. He wasn’t her concern.

Beaming to Nos, “We can exchange numbers and hangout sometime if you want. I have quite a stash of beer, mostly seasonals.” And it’d be good to get to know the new face. "If not, I can bring some with me to the next gathering and you can drink them at your leisure." Laughing, “Might not want to call me a fav until you get to know me.” A wink.

“Nightlife isn’t too bad. A wide variety of clubs, something for everyone depending on what you’re looking for. I’d suggest talking to Crystal or Apollo, as they know some of the fun places too.” Oh, Sleeper name, she’s got one of those, “I go by Madison.” Then a thumbs up about the mechanic, “Great to know! Thanks!” she would much rather give business to a fellow Awakened any day.

Looking to Corn, “I can just get more doors and velvet ropes opened.” Shrugging.

Settling back into her seat, she lets Corn talk his Councilor stuff, not interrupting or anything.

But when he asks about Winter, she does speak up, “Given that we’re neighbors, I actually haven’t heard anything. I can swing by his place later and check, give you a call if I talk with him.” She offers. But it was odd, him not being here. Did he say anything to her? She didn’t remember, and hopes everything is ok.

12. Likes liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Belle," she repeats and goes to accept the handshake only have the realization that a business card is in the way. Lifting it in apology she offers a smile instead and then turns to offer the same to- "Phoenix. Puck. Thanks and noted - on the security and the help, less so the order-slash-path. Though it's appreciated, Corn I think has me covered."

Lifting her hands in surrender to Nos's favorite statement, she shrugs with a grin, "You like whatcha like and who am I to argue? Alas, as far as nightlife goes, last time I was in Sacramento and had the time for such I would have been turned away at the door." Something she definitely planned on changing so yeah, mental notes were made on the names listed.

Bro, bro, ladies. Fuuunnnn. Hopefully it was just because it had been him and him for a while.

"A meeting? Sure, I'm down for a tag up. Just let me know a time and place."

Settling back on her heels, a small frown, "Aside from his absence is there a cause to be worried? Something us newbies need to be aware of?" Especially when newbie number her was given Winter's name as another one to talk to about official move paperwork. Maybe she would push on Corn to get her interview done sooner rather than later. Like ... tonight sooner.

Per OOC chat and clarification I'm down to get it knocked out here Corn Fedup

14. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread