21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(2205) Sanctuary

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo blinked, and then blinked again at Corn. He looked at the mage, straight faced. He would need to remember this expression next time he played poker. Just not with Moira or Puck.... I am sorry I have to politely decline. I am washing someone else's hair. That was what he wanted to say, but it was best to at least give Corn a second chance.

"Yeah I suppose that would be okay. However, my choice of event." He paused for a moment and moved in closer to Corn, he lowered his voice "May I offer you some friendly advice?" He paused a brief second, not enough for Corn to answer it because at the end of the day Corn was getting it either way. "After the last meeting I would advise you keep your head down for a bit. Never make major decisions or try to enact major changes when you are reeling from a loss. At this point, I would strongly advise to keep your head down and re-build your credibility, integrity and try to be more likeable. Especially now that you are Councilor Corn. Also... talk less... smile more, it doesn't help your case when you blurt out the first things that come into your head or information that others don't really need to know until they know you better." He paused again "I usually charge for advice, you get that one for free" He gave corn a cheeky smile.

Apollo hoped that Corn had taken it in the right way. There was a chance he would not, but then sometimes feedback was not easy to hear. He looked at Puck, giving him a friendly nod... accompanied by a big smile.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

2. Likes liked this post
    Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

Well this was a right proper cock up, wasn’t it?

His eyes lingered on Moira’s for a moment as if he could read her mind; they both knew he couldn’t, those skills were nowhere near his particular skillset, but intuition was intuition regardless. People didn’t go through trauma without some kind of bonding, bound together by fate and the shared experiences. Still, he thought, he wasn’t always the best person to know until those situations warranted.

Nevermore smiled softly, nodding, voice pitching slightly lower as he replies to her. “Fancy a drink after all the drama here plays out?” He asked, the corner of a smirk crossing his lips as he turned to watch the festivities develop.

He looked slowly around at the other mages as they started to weigh in, finally looking back to Corn as he spoke.

“Oi mate,” he replied, cracking a bit of a grin. “It’s my firs’ night or so in town, I’m not the person to comment on the keeping of someone else’s house. Be a bit rubbish to walk in like I own the place, eh? Maybe come time, I’ll agree with you, right now I’m just looking to get the lay of the land.”

As Moira called his attention again, he offered a hand to Viggo. “Pleasure, mate. Pleasure.”

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Pass."

It was all he had to say to Corn. You want to know what a bright red flag looks like? It's being outvoted and then trying to say the problem is everyone else. Throwing order mates under the bus for abandoning you? Saying the problem is the orders don't appreciate your great ideas? Degrading the Libertines to nothing more then contrarians with nothing better to do then fight the diamonds? Yeah, the problem with Corn isn't external. It sounds like a lot of other people were getting that impression as well. Better late then never.

"Like someone dumped hot sauce in them."
    He smiles to Moira and scratches at his right ear, not really feeling the need to follow her gaze as it wandered in a predictable direction. As she introduces Nevermore to Viggo, Puck steps a few paces in that direction and away from Corn.

"So wassup with you folks? Anything new or exciting?"

6. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo is about to say something to Moira and Nevermore when he hears Corn speak on the philosophy of Orders he knows nothing about. Fire burns behind his normally calm, content eyes. "Hey Corn?" The Arrow says as calmly as he can. "I don't give a rat's ass what you say about your own Order, but don't even try to believe you know about the workings of others. You seem to forget that it wasn't your councilor, the leader of your order, tried last month. Don't try to pretend that you're being political for anything other than your own hurt ego."

The Arrow shifts his gaze between everyone else present, thinking about the possible ramifications of speaking to a Councilor this way, but in the end, he just doesn't give a damn. "We lost, deal with it and move on; at the very least give it some time before trying to make an even larger scene out of it."

Afterwards, he makes it a point to move in a way that he can turn his back on the Councilor; both signaling an end to the conversation and showing how little of a threat he believes him to be. "Nevermore, glad to have you. As I'm sure you just heard, you came at a bit of a sore time for our Path, but I'm sure we'll bounce back!" His words are punctuated with a large smile that was quite obviously missing when he spoke to Corn. "Our Councilor isn't present currently, but I'm sure I can get you in touch with her if you haven't seen her already."

8. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Corn was the head of their Order, in a way, he represented them. And he was not making a good impression on others it seemed. Though it did take her a bit to warm up to him.

Maybe everyone needed to just get out and have a relaxing tome together. Something to try and bring the political tension down. And there were a few she was curious if they could relax. Eyes look to Zero with a shrug, wanting to pick her words carefully. “It’s just been a month.” Which was kinda true, she had the show coming up and had been training.

She needed to have a conversation with Corn about the political climate of Sacramento. Because she saw him digging himself, and maybe the Mysterium, deeper and deeper.

Then it seemed people were content to introduce themselves to who they wanted. Cool. Means one less name to remember for her. Her circle could remain tight and small, which was how she liked it. Which reminded her, she needed to check on Phoenyx.

Eyes simply watch the room and conversation as it flowed. Connections and lines being made and drawn.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer responded to Aurora shrug and response. "Corn has his heart in the right place. I just think he is really going about things the wrong way. And as I said to him, we really do not want to burn bridges that are already crumbling." Zero paused, "Maybe we can put an effort to get a small group of us together and try to get to know each other, even if it is just a little bit, better. Build up a rapport between the Orders. Where I come from it was not too strange for the Adamantines and Mysterium to work together. Same with the Guardians and Mysterium. Most of us have the same idea, just different approaches."
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

(Persuasion)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Corn flinched when Viggo made his complains known.

Talking to Viggo's back and the rest of the gathered he stated. " Viggo is right that it was wrong of me to paint the orders with a wide brush and deconstruct them down to a single issue and I apologize for that. I was disrespectful. However, to address the other issue the talon raised...

No, my interest in change is not something that happened within the last month.
    I have been talking about politics several times in the past, I was the one that suggested to the council to legislate towards the ethical use of magic beyond what is in the Lex, especially when it comes to abuse of Sleepers and I suggested more communal activities. My suggestions were not accepted and I bring them up only to prove that this doesn't have to do about my hurt ego.
    "

Turning to the rest of the consilium he tried to show everyone that he was sincere
    "I may have fumbled my words again, but all I am trying to do today, is to reach out, to new members and old members and inform them that I am interested in hearing their opinions. That whether we have argued in the past or not, the Moros Councilor and the Mysterium order is always willing to listen to the opinions of others. That I do believe in greater input from the magi under the council. I wanted also to let people know that I do not hold it against anyone if they are not as interested in change as I am although I made a poor choice of words and in the process I said some things wrong about the orders.

I honestly wanted to convey that If you want to speak to the moros councilor, or the Mysterium, you can reach out to me and I will listen regardless of whether we have disagreed in the past, that I hold no grudges about what happened the previous month. And if you don't share my views or my enthusiasm about change and consilium politics? That is welcome too and I respect it.
    This is not about me trying to be the hero, or the villain or about my hurt ego. I am not politicking here, I am reaching out and trying to show that I will listen.

And since a lot of you have made clear that my attempts are ill-received, I will listen and stop talking.
    "

Corn was trying his best to show that he was not trying to be a butthole or to force anyone to do anything and he was not blaming anyone if they didn't want to participate.

Pre+Pers in an attempt to convince people that he is sincere and that when he said he didn't fault anyone for not wanting to talk politics, he was speaking plainly, not passive-aggressively faulting everyone as some characters think.
    1 success

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo rolled his eyes, making no attempt to even hide it. He awkwardly slid away from Corn and moved towards Puck, Moira, Nevermore and Vigo. Clearly he didn't want to take the advice.

"Mind if join you?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

As little was happening, Corn moved towards Aurora and Zeromancer .
    "So, anything new with you guys? Have you seen Crystal lately? How are your studies going? I was thinking that we should perhaps delve into the new books in the library more, in our own pace, and then do a short synopsis for the Obrimos and other mages in the consilium at some point in a month or two. What do you think? "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Viggo's emotional reaction to Corn was...unexpected. As was him saying they 'lost' like Phoenyx's actions reflected on him, or that he even had a horse in the race. Puck's attention instead settles on Apollo.

"Sure! Wassup? How ya been?"

All smiles, even as he does slowly turn his back to Corn. If someone could say something not Corn related? That'd be great.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread