11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2205) Sanctuary

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo strode into the room, much more confidently than he did the first time he had been to Sanctuary. He was wearing his usual jeans and a t-shirt, a Disney backpack with different coloured Mickey Mouse heads on it sat upon his back. If anyone was going to guess they would probably say he had been to the Gym. They would of course guess correct.

He gave Moira an over-enthusiastic wave, it was either over-enthusiastic or there was a shark currently swimming up behind her. Either way it happened and he wasn't concerned what anyone may think. He took a moment, observing the room. Truth be told he was looking for rails, not out of necessity but he had a theory. The man just appeared where he needed to be at precisely the right time kind of like the Mage Mary Poppins.

Apollo walked up and stood near Aurora "Councillor Aurora" he paused for a second "we need to do that get together soon."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

2. Likes liked this post
    Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

Oh how the past comes back to bite you… he thought wryly, an easy smile crossing his face as he looked over Moira. She’d rounded out a bit, looking a lot more comfortable in herself, since those earlier days which had been such trouble for her. Of course, some part of him mused, of course she was here. Fate, it seemed, was not without a sense of humor.

“On the right side of the grave,” he replied wryly with a small laugh. If she was to keep it light and easy, that told him everything he needed to know. “And happy ta be so. And yo-“

He paused, making note of Corn’s speech and running a hand along his thin beard. Chaos was an opportunity, he’d always thought, but that seemed to be the name of the day here and it had only been five minutes.

He shifted, looking slowly around the room slowly, trying to gauge the reaction to Corn and his proposals.

3 successes

4. Likes , Xander, liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira was distracted by Nevermore, but she still smiled and nodded to Zeromancer's friendly wave. Her dark brown eyes held a slightly mischievous gleam in them when she noticed the Moros. I mean, she wasn't armed with any candy this sanctuary.....buuut it made her giggle internally nonetheless.

Corn was apparently on the war path, and when he said what he said to her, she snapped out of staring a hole through Nevermore for a brief moment looking annoyed and a little bewildered. "Wait....wha what? You want me...to lie to my Councilor to lure him to Sanctuary so you can argue with him?" She folded her arms over her chest and shook her head defiantly with a HMPH sound in her throat. Her face scrunched up for a moment, and just for a second that very vulpine quality to her eyes that Moira had flashed briefly. "No way." She rejected that flat out. "I will not be the go between in communication between you two, Corn. If you want him to show up here, call him yourself! I am not 1-800-PUCK-ON-CALL." She didn't answer his question about whether or not she knew Nevermore from the past. This is precisely why she had dreaded ever running into him in a public place. Right here.

A delighted giggle at Apollo's antics. with his stature he was about as stealthy as the kool-aid man! OH YEAH! "Hey Apollo!" She greeted him, even though he had some biz to attend too with a member of his own path. The other was like Houdini! You heard the name but never saw him! HA!

And then her attention dropped right back where it started. Dropping anchor on Nevermore. She seemed alright on the outside, because Moira was poised and assertive now, she didn't used to be. Nevermore had never really spent to much time with Moira after the disappearance of Roman. So he never saw her on her own, without that dirt bag.

But that wasn't what Moira was thinking about. It was like a flash of memory in her minds eye, her lips parted ever so slightly, and she remembered the feel of arterial blood spray on her face, of her body battered and bruised she could barely sit up. She had gone from viscerally trying to defend herself, to having his blood all over her. She had thought she would be prepared. The reality was a far far cry from the description. She remembered Nevermore's hands on her face, he was asking her something, shouting it, but all she could hold onto was the color of his eyes.

And now she stared into those same eyes, just a short year later, in a new city, in a place of safety and relived that moment. She heard herself respond to him, but it was all she could really do to hold it together until the moment passed. She took deep shallow breaths. "I can see that. I...I...have thought about you a lot since L.A. I want to catch up, somewhere uh... not here, you know?" She paused a second, but couldn't tear her gaze from his. "I'm pretty new here myself. Like just a couple of months.."

She was holding it together for the most part. The eye contact was the only real concession.

Composure Roll 3 suxx

6. Likes , Xander liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn turned to Aurora and greeted her warmly. "Hi Dadouche. Always a pleasure."

When Moira quite rightfully gave him a piece of her mind Corn raised up his hands in surrender.
    "Apologies! OK, I admit that when you put it like that, what I said does sound stupid. No need to go for my hide.
    Since the councilor asked me to not call him, I will speak to him if he comes. If Puck shows up, then he shows up. It is not exactly a life-or-death situation. Just to be clear, the part about lying to your councilor was a joke.
    "

Oh, they know each other from before Sacramento. Corn thought without catching the undercurrents.
    1 success

"Small world, eh? Especially with the less frequent awakenings. " he said.

To Apollo he gave a court nod.
    "Hi, Apollo. We didn't ever get a chance to chat. In a small community like this we should make time to meet each other. How are you? My personal interests are alchemy and superstitions. I was just informing the other newcomers that I plan to have a get-together in the circle soon, to discuss ideas they may have for the consilium. I informed them that we operate at a skeleton crew in this consilium, with just the councilors and a sentinel. No hierarch, herald or charter. I think Winter has been appointed provost of the Obrimos but I don't know if that is temporary or permanent. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Viggo

PRE

Viggo arrives later than most. He's been distracted as of late and had been debating whether it was worth it to even show up, but he'll never go anywhere within the city otherwise. He's dressed casually in a non-descript tee shirt and jeans with his undercut hair pulled back into a tight pony tail. His pistols are, as always, holstered on his right hip and left leg; at this point he considers them a symbol of his Order, and to go without them makes him feel naked. The handle of an iron wand protrudes from the end of a modified knife sheath tucked into the back of his waistband, his shirt can easily be pulled up and over it for concealment.

Moira and a new face are having their ears talked off by Corn; seems like a usual occurrence, but perhaps more so now due to the events of the last Consillium. Viggo to the rescue, it seems.

"Moira! Good to see you again!"
    He calls out as he makes his way over to the gathering. "So who's your friend?" The Arrow gives the newcomer a once over, smiling the entire time.

9. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

1-800-PUCK-ON-Call was officially out of service. Given Puck already agreed to introduce Nevermore to everyone? It was also unnecessary.

The Enchanter strode into the sanctuary late and casually dressed. Jeans, black t shirt, and boots marked his regular summer attire. Eyes scanned the assembled mages. Nevermore and the apostates were here which was good. Corn was here and talking which was not.

"Hey Nevermore. Moira. Apollo." All smiles and nods to the mages. "Sup everyone?"

11. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Before others can get to know each other, Corn dives right in.

Again.

Her eyes close briefly, this wasn’t supposed to be a stressful gathering. This was supposed to be a break from the political bullshit.

A deep sigh, “Look, if you want to talk politics, that’s cool. But can we have a month off after last month? Or maybe put up a flyer asking if anyone is interested in discussing it?” he was passionate, she gave him that. “If you want your Path’s opinion on things? Call a meeting. But I’m not in the mindset to deal with politics right now, so count me out of this discussion.” And that was that, leaning back.

A small wave to Apollo, “I agree! I’ll get my schedule cleared and all that and let you know? Probably the sooner the better.” Especially after last month.

Since no one was going to really introduce themselves, she’d have to pay attention to other conversations. Like that Moira knew the other new guy from somewhere. Interesting.

Hand was raised again in greeting to Puck as he appeared. Was this about to get heated again? Why didn’t she bring a flask with her?

13. Likes , liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As much as Zeromancer wanted to back up his friend and fellow Moros, it seemed as the others wanted a break. And seeing that their numbers were down to just the 2 Moros they needed to be more strategic. "Hey Corn my man, I think Aurora is right, we can give them a heads up. Additionally dude we do not want to burn any bridges with the others."

Zeromancer got the feeling that many of the others did not want to talk about the politics this meeting after last months shit storm, and he did not blame them. As much as they all tried to remain friendly, there was still quite a bit of animosity between the Mages here. "Hey Aurora , are you feeling okay? You seem to be on edge, especially after last months meeting."
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn gave a wave to Puck . "Hello, Puck. I see you have met Nevermore already. I was ... "
    And then Aurora and Zeromancer made very clear that they didn't want to talk politics. Viggo was kinda trying to extract Moira . Yeap. The mages of Sacramento are as uninterested in politics as usual.

He gave a sigh and looked at Nevermore "And that's, in short, why I am glad the Free Council is now gaining numbers. Very few people are interested in changing the current status quo from the orders present; a 'if it's to broken, don't mess with it' approach that one can actually expect from Mystagogues, Arrows and Guardians. I am not surprised that my approach is not popular with my colleagues of the Mysterium. There is a reason they are not in the Silver Ladder. We are not a political order. "
    He refrained from adding that the Apostates of Sacramento - until officially joining an order at least - equal, or outnumber all other orders except the Mysterium. You can't expect the Mystagogues to actually meddle in politics. He shared that sentiment to a degree but honestly thought some things should become more codified and some offices filled.

Addressing the others Corn said "Very well, I will not disturb you more. We will discuss politics and how we could do things better at a later time."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira grinned at Viggo and seemed to snap out of staring at Nevermore . "Ah.. where are my manners?! Geez! It's like I was raised in a fucking barn!" She shook her head with a little self deprecating laugh. "Viggo, this is Nevermore an Obrimos Libertine!" And then she flipped the script. "Nevermore this is Viggo, Obrimos Arrow." See they would have loads in common she was absolutely certain. "I don't profess to be an auger of the future or anything, but you two should totes talk." She nodded emphatically looking between them with a huge grin. I mean, when it came to guns, they were both probably going to have a lot to talk about!

And just like that, her other half, or at least how Corn seemed to look at it, appeared! Moira grinned and immediately asked Puck , "Are your ears burning?" With a slight side eye glance to Corn.

She watched Corn squirm over being shot down, but it didn't break his spirit so that was good. She smiled warmly to him when he conceded that she was not Puck's freaking secretary or worse: Minion. "Thank you, Corn. I appreciate you coming to that conclusion." Finally.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread