Ended
Watch

Orchard Operations and Warehouse Woes

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 14, 2021 : (Orchard Operation) Soot Blackened Fruit
(Warehouse, There House) Game Day Prep
Aug 3, 2022 - Sep 11, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Worm's suggestion to generally come from the Hedge was risky, but worth considering. "That's assuming she hasn't increased her security since last we've been here. I'm assuming she knows who was responsible for what we did to the Orchard. And we still don't know how much surveillance she somehow got on us." But that was maybe a moot point - if she knew they knew about the warehouse maybe she even broke down that location. "But I agree with the Colonel: we should be careful not to get into legal trouble. And I think we should ask Anatole and Liam." Gerrit didn't even realize how.. relatively okay he was with the idea of arson.

He did take notice of how fine Seraphina was with burning everyone inside, though. But she also called him out in a way - he had no idea how to reliably know if someone was innocent or about to teach them a lesson in naivety. "I don't know. I just feel like killing everyone somewhat involved seems a bit extreme." His reply came hesitantly, he wasn't sold on the idea that just destroying Anne's assets was enough himself. And everybody who has helped Anne abducting someone deserved what was coming for them. Even death? "Maybe we will have to adapt to the situation we find there. And while burning the whole place down might sound like the easiest solution we'll have to see if the reality holds up to the theory." Yes, he was dragging his feet a bit on principle - but the principle of not killing who-knows how many people didn't seem too bad in his book.

Still, he was relieved that Circe was here - if they were to do this, they might as well do it right. Plus, the Queen showed a remarkable amount of foresight and restraint most of the time. "I'm not that versed in hacking.. could you find out something about this place remotely?" Everything he knew about hacking came from movies and he was sharp enough not to believe those depictions.

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The more they talked about torching the place, the more nervous she got. Arson was something she hadn’t done before, but it seemed like the best way to upend Ann’s warehouse.

But she knew one thing, she didn’t want innocent people getting caught up in this. And when it came down to it, how would they tell?

A warm smile to Circe, “Anytime.” Though the smell was starting to make its way to her. And it wasn’t a pleasant one, especially mixed with her Mantle.

“Now, I’m no expert on explosions, that is all you Circe,” a nod of respect to the Summer, “but what would you guess the, uh,” looking for a word, “collateral damage might be like? I’m guessing this isn’t a warehouse in the middle of nowhere. There are going to be other buildings that get caught up in it, and that just might bring some unwanted attention.” Always good to look at the other side. “Now you want cheat Contracts, I can do that.” Not a whole lot, but she had some.

Nodding to Rhodes, “I can keep an eye out. I’ve been spending more time working on a few things.” Wouldn’t be that hard to add looking for a psycho Autumn to the list.

Then Gerrit brought up a good point. They were assuming they were there without being seen. “He has a good point. She could know it was us, and be playing the card of ignorance, allowing us to go back with confidence and make a mistake.” It made sense.

Eyes shift to her coffee for a moment as she thinks about what Gerrit has said, “It is a bit extreme.” She had to face it; she wasn’t a killer. “But I don’t have the answer.” She was going to trust the more experienced Summer’s and her husband. “More intel is needed on the building and what we’d be looking at. And who’s to say Ann doesn’t have another Gate setup.” Would be good to know if she did.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The more the merrier," is her response to Gerrit calling for more reinforcements, "Kill helpers are the best."

"Well damn, Rhodes, I really want ta pop that wretched head like a rotten tomato," she admits to Rhodes as he raises objections. "Shotgun, rifle, AK, I ain't picky on how it pops." And Gerrit objects to the killing too. So does Seraphina. 3 to 2. "Funny thing Sera, it'd probably do a LOT of collateral damage. Feds certainly show up, depending on how much boom, National Guard too," her tone is far to cheery for suggesting martial law. Circe sips her coffee. Then she giggles, "More funny! Like a year ago I could have gotten us a couple dozen gasmasks, a LOT of tear gas, and some tiny tanks. Instead I made money off that. Gasmasks are legal though, so I'd just be hunting tear gas on my end," Circe looks at Rhodes, "Ya can craft Pledges right? Any that'd help me cheat on getting gas? If we don't want ta kill them, do it the fed way."

As for Anne's intelligence? Probably. "We're a good bet fer having attacked Anne's operations. Granted, there are plenty who're pissed at her, plus competitors, but we're the closest. Horrible vile scum sucking slime she may be, but stupid?" She scowls as she drinks her coffee, "We'd be burning her corpse already. Hmm," she gets up and retrieves something from her duffel bag. A riot helmet, which she brings back. "We all dress like this, I can fake some up," she plops the helmet on the table, "Anne might think it is the Feds coming fer her. That'd be awesome."

Real ones would take far too long to get. Maybe one more set, but Circe couldn't get enough for everyone to have a set on such short notice.

Circe smirks. It is most smug, "I've a laptop and you've an address. I can find stuff. Ownership, power, installations, maybe even check fer a storm drain or tunnels under the warehouse," it was another idea. "Given time, I could hack the power company and blackout the warehouse. Hell, if that slimeball Ann has Internet security cameras, I might hack those too."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm's head is on a swivel as everyone chews over the details, pitches possible approaches, and gauges the extent of collateral damage.

In his heart of hearts, the Goblin agrees with Circe. Burn the whole damn thing. Ash on the wind and not a care in the world.

But he also knows that the pit of rage inside him doesn't distinguish between the innocent and the guilt. He can't walk that path again. Not if he wants to stay sane.

"So what I'm hearing is we need more information before we make our move. And we have two routes: the streets," that would be Worm, "and the internet" a nod to Circe.

"We agree that this is about taking away operational capacity from Ann. Not much of a chance of touching her. Yet. And that the best way to do that is fire or maybe explosives. Doing what we can to limit unnecessary death." Of those who don't deserve it, at least.

"Maybe now's the time to say we can't really come up with a plan until we have more intel. Gerrit and I go take a drive, Circe taps some keys, and then we hook back up to finalize shit?"

Mr. Too-Damn-Pragmatic reporting for duty.

8. Likes , , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmmm. Crabby armor? Chitin plates, but wait. Hedgespun would point ta us and ruin any deception. Mocked up fed armor won't stop much. Or wear it with the thinner vests," Circe seemed to be in a maker zone right now. Somebody might need to slip her out of it. She was mumbling a lot of things rapidly, thinking about logisitics.

Circe finally stopped talking. She'd noticed she was out of coffee. Circe had been sipping air for a bit. "Huh? Oh shit, did I zone out?"

"Hacking, yeah, I can do that. Totally fer sure my Worm dude."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

0 Scenes

2 days left! Do you think you guys will settle on a game plan or do you want to have another planning scene?

11. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A small smile offered to Circe, “I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone who didn’t support you doing that. But we want to make sure you’re also safe, cause that is kinda important.” Very important. A deep sigh, “And that damage is why we need to be careful. If we could pull this off without drawing unwanted attention, I think it would be better.” But that might be asking for too much.

Looking at the helmet, she wasn’t sure. “If there are tunnels we could use, why not set an alarm off to get people to vacate the warehouse? The ones going through the gate would be our targets.” Was an idea, maybe not a good one, but she was giving it a go.

Nodding in agreement to Worm, “That sounds like the best plan, gather intel, then make a plan of attack. Cover our asses as much as we can.” Cause things have a way of turning on a dime sometimes.

Sapphires spot the empty cup, and she hops up to get the Summer more. Placing another full cup in front of her, “There you go.” Shaking her head, “No, I think we’re just all lost in thought about this. Trying to come up with the best plan of action.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The Lost talk long into the wee hours of the night, coming no closer to deciding on a definite plan.

you're 3 days over time! End scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread