Active Stats

Active Spells: 2/5
    Personal Spells: 2/3

Monthly Rituals:
    [2R] Mental Shield
    [4R] Incognito Presence

OCC
    PRE

"Not overwhelmed," Rails says. "Just trying to get a grasp on the situation." And a read on you. Because, let's face it, he doesn't know this guy. And evaluating the source of information can be just as important as the information itself.

"Glad that we're all on the same page, then." Not surprising that Winter advised the same approach. Guardians being Guardians.

Not exactly a change of topic, but: "I'm curious: what were you looking for when you happened upon this guy?" Maybe he was conducting his own 'field work' and this is all a kind of turf war.

Then Belle shows. It's not the way Rails wanted it, meeting like this. Can't control everything, Rails.

"Rails. Crystal mentioned you." Taps a finger on his chest. "Fellow Warlock."

Looking between Corn and Belle.

"We were just discussing your friend, the Tool of God."

2. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Rails ' question about the nature of their fieldwork, corn shrugged. "Some things are better not discussed outside one's order. I am sure you would understand."

To Belle Corn extended a warm greeting, as usual. "Greetings, Neokore. As Rails said, he's interested in the not so nice guy we met during fieldwork. Do you happen to have his Medallion on you? Also, feel free to answer his questions - about that fellow."

If Belle tries to get into anything that has to do with Dinna, the artifact, Crypto etc. Corn would wave to her to stop.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle's expression turns to mild concern with just a shade of frustration. "Oh yeah, that guy." Corn makes a point that Mysterium business is Mysterium business, and Rails hasn't mentioned which order he's with, so Belle puts two and two together and guesses that Rails is outside the know on the specifics. So she decides to focus on the pertinent subject: the Interloper.

"Guy seemed a bit older than most of us; had a real 'holier-than-thou' vibe. Which was kind of backed up too, because his Nimbus was going off like crazy: sounds of church bells. We didn't actually get to see any of his magic though, because we put him down quickly."
    Here she smiles, remembering Aurora's quick thinking that while costly saved them a lot of trouble. "Actually, I do!" Belle reaches into her purse and pulls out the coin she retrieved from the Interloper. She shows it to Rails. "I got this from his pocket. Back when we first met the guy I scrubbed him of any sympathetic references to Corn, but I wasn't able to erase any from myself. The other one was an owl at the time, so she's clean as far as that's concerned."

She offers the coin to Rails, if he wishes to examine it. "There's not much else I can add, but you're welcome to ask. Again, we didn't get to see much that he was capable of." She looks over to Corn. "Has he been seen around? Has he been making threats?"

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    grotesque (after the gramme)
    Presence
    (Cagey)
    New Identity
    (Lanny Bryant)
    New Identity
    (Steve Smith)
    Contacts
    (Public Works)
    Occultation
    (Who?)
    Rails
    Active Stats

Monthly Rituals:
    [2R] Mental Shield
    [4R] Incognito Presence

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, absolutely," Rails replies. So there is a point where the talking stops. Good to know Corn's loose lips won't sink too many ships. Even if Rails is more than curious about what the Mystagogues had been after.

"I get it, you can't tell me what or why you were there." And isn't that interesting. "But, did you get the sense he was there for the same reason?" Rails is looking for a motive beyond 'Crazy-Ass Banisher.' That too, of course. But there's usually more.

Corn certainly addresses Belle like the head of his Order. And Rails notes the implicit message of specifying 'about that fellow.' Cautioning the 'Neokore' to keep it specific. The Warlock would be annoyed if it hadn't been so deftly done.

Belle fills in some details and produces the coin. Rails eyes the thing carefully as she holds it up. "That was kind of you," he says softly when she notes her efforts on Corn's behalf. "No reason to think he's been checking up on you, is there?" Giving her a curious glance.

Accepts the coin, turns it in his hand, peering at it. Slips his other hand into his pocket and closes it around a small mirror. Weighs them against each other.

Her final questions draw his attention back to the Moros. He watches Corn closely for his answer.

8. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

When Rails asked about reasons, Corn shrugged. "He wasn't immediately hostile but the moment he saw we were armed he started casting. And once he started casting, we started casting. We couldn't take the risk that the godly fellow that shows up unannounced and makes demands from you will just cast a shield or mage sight. That's when the talk about cleansing started. Before that he was just a kinda demanding, full of himself fellow - that's the reason we hesitated to kill him. For all we know, he could be just an interloper after the same thing as us. "

To Belle 's question he answered, "After that night, when he slipped away during my watch, no. No other appearances.
    But if he slipped away then without me being able to see him and if he sent his voice inside the car, maybe he has the relevant mastery of forces arcanum, so he may be changing his appearance. Or he may be cloaking himself. He is a mage of unknown arcana. There is a great deal of things he may be able to do. So, I will say, I don't think I have spotted him around.
    "

Addressing them both, he said: "I don't want to cause a panic. Perhaps he moved away. Perhaps he's keeping his head low, or he may be watching us. I don't know and I believe it would be better if we knew.
    Can you two perhaps scry on him, working with each other? Belle has fought with that man. Perhaps she could lead?
    "
    And I trust her more to not reveal anything that shouldn't be general knowledge... he thought.

10. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Rails seems to respect the Mystagogues privacy. This is good. I think we can get along with this one. ​Belle scrunches her face as she contemplates Rails question. "I guess I didn't think of that in the moment. But he seemed really intent on flexing on us, so even if he wasn't there for the same purpose, there's the risk he could try bullying other area Magi. And that's not cool." There's a resolute edge to her voice in that last statement. Belle's tolerance for bullies was minute at best. If magic was involved, it was practically miniscule.

"Nothing on my end at least, but if Corn's right we're looking at somebody with options. At the very least he hasn't tried Scrying us yet, so there's that." Good ol' Space Arcana. Corn's vote of confidence clearly encourages Belle, and she puffs up just a bit. "I mean, most of what I did was just keep him distracted while you made the major plays. But yeah, I did what I could." She looks Rails up and down; the newcomer seemed really matter-of-fact and not too showboaty. "I wouldn't mind pooling our skills. I've been working on some Fate magic that should make scrying a little bit easier if its needed. We'd just have to do it from a secure location. Does the Circle have any natural defenses that prevent scrying in or out?" She'd prefer starting from someplace safe or at least neutral in case the line went both ways. ​"Or do we have some remote boatshed for this sort of thing?"

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    grotesque (after the gramme)
    Presence
    (Cagey)
    New Identity
    (Lanny Bryant)
    New Identity
    (Steve Smith)
    Contacts
    (Public Works)
    Occultation
    (Who?)
    Rails
    Active Stats

Monthly Rituals:
    [2R] Mental Shield
    [4R] Incognito Presence

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah. He could be. But..." Shrug. Rails would like the gesture to suffice, but knows he has to be a little more forthcoming. "Either he's a Banisher or he's playing fast and loose." The Guardian's disapproval is apparent in the way he frowns. Either way, somebody needs a talking to.

A glance at Belle. "People bully for different reasons. Could've been a defensive thing. Like making yourself big and loud to frighten off a bear or some shit." It's clear this Warlock isn't quick to jump to conclusions. It's also should be apparent that he's interested in what motivates people.

After all, understanding motives is how you control actors.

"Can you give me the location, at least?" He asks Corn. Rails would like a look around. Every little bit counts.

"Did he send his voice? Or did you hear his voice? Could be he's more invested in Mind. Telepathy." Rails knows a thing or two about that. "It'd also allow him to become...less conspicuous." Again, something he's intimately familiar with. As the two, other Mages might've noticed.

"I think she'd have to," looking from Corn to Belle. "I've never set eyes on the dude." Scrying under those conditions is a big ask. Hands the coin pack to her, withdrawing his other hand from his pocket at the same time.

Looks to Corn, curious as to how he'll answer Belle's question.

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

To those of keen hearing, light footsteps can be heard on the stone of the floor. Not deliberately trying to hide, but naturally soft walking.

Emerging from the direction of the Arrow Tower, the petite figure of Phoenyx rounds the corner, following the sound of the voices. She is wearing a simple black sports bra with shorts and sneakers with (for those that know her) a notable absence of weapons. Clearly prepared for exercise, of a sort.

There is a small smile as she spots Belle, having spent more time with the Mastigos form their training, but there is also an unfamiliar face. Dark eyes rest on Rails for a moment as she makes her approach.

"Good afternoon," she saids, greeting them all. "What brings you all to the Circle today?" The words are measured and addressed to all, but she watches the unknown factor of Rails. He was clearly a mage or he wouldn't be here, but he was not one known to the Arrow.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn was both pleased not worried by Phoenyx 's arrival. I hope she doesn't want to also investigate that place; too many people know about those catacombs. He thought to himself. Still he did a decent job masking the negative feelings from showing up on his face.

That should have been man+sfuge, so 1 dice less. Apologies. Still 2 successes.
    2 successes

"Greetings Councilor Phoenyx . We were discussing with Rails , a newcomer Mastigos already vetted by Crystal , about that potential banisher guy that showed up during our recent fieldwork. If you recall, I have contacted you back then but he managed to escape before you or Winter arrived. As we have his dedicated tool, Scrying by Belle and Rails was being considered. The Neokoros asked a very reasonable question: How we conduct this kind of thing in this consilium? Is the Circle protected from back-feeding in case he tries to scry back? Or do we have a remote location for such things - or to interrogate mages we don't want to imprison in the Circle? There is no guarantee this mage, Banisher or not, works alone. "

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Sorry!

To Rails ' earlier question, he answered. "Honestly, he didn't use telepathy. It was as if he sneaked towards the car and spoke right outside before disappearing. So either he's stealthy - using magic or natural talent - or he was invisible. "

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread