Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I like parties!” Moira informed Aurora, but really was that much of a shock? Enchanters were known to enjoy a good wild rumpus. Moira was no exception to this. “Ooooo sounds fun! I can do pool and shots.” She raised her arms and snapped her fingers a little, dancing in her chair a bit. Animated as ever. “Slim chance of sobriety there for me though.” She said with a wider grin. Yeahhh. “Not exactly a pool shark over here!” She informed Aurora with a slight giggle. Moira’s face was screwed up comically.

Moira laughed audibly at Corn’s teasing about Moira and Winter being the odd ducks out and how that pertained to parties. It was a brilliant tie in, and Moira was here for it. “Oh woooow.” She drawled at Corn grinning, calming down enough to put her hands up as if giving in. “Okay okay, I get it. The Mysterium is the shit, and has the most members. 10-4!” Moira mock saluted him, and she was thankful he seemed to take the hint and point out some of the others instead of drilling her into her seat.

Belle seemed to be gauging things between Moira/Winter, and Moira/Zeromancer! Like she was watching a tennis match, and secretly wondering if it was gonna turn into a fight! I mean it could go any way with the Awakened. You just don’t know! That’s what made things so exciting! Moira winked at her for good measure with a truly mischievous smile. A clear ‘lets see what happens’ grin.

Zeromancer seemed to think better of his strategy, and Moira grinned easily at him, standing a bit to lean over to take the offered hand. Her handshake was firm, practiced, and she held on the perfect length of time. Then again, her timing was quite good usually. The enchanter often depended upon it. “Hello Zero, it's nice to meet you. I’m hungry myself, so I get the grumpy part. Would you like some peanut M&M’s?” Chocolate helped with everything! Mana of the gods! Operation candy crush was shelved. For now.

Winter weighed in, and though he was quite the stoic figure, the deadpan lent a bit of depth of humor to his response that the Enchanter deeply enjoyed. Enjoyed enough that she made sure the position of her chair wasn’t flush with the table, no, she opened her body language to make sure to include Winter. She rolled her eyes at the implication of his comment. Nowai. “Yeah…and I own ocean front property in Arizona!” She said with a grin, humor practically glowing in her brown eyes. She rejected the idea instantly. He was as vibrant as any she had seen. “Winter..” She said his shadow name as if testing the sound of it to herself. Her imagination was really trying to gallop away with itself. Ha! Obrimos. Divine inspiration anyone? “It is nice to meet cha. Since Corn already dropped the hint you aren’t a member of the Indiana Jones fan club, what order do you hail from?” She asked him with a grin.

Crystal was looking like he wished he had stayed home! Maybe a little green around the gills, ya know? The term he was looking for was ‘independently wealthy.’ Which meant he was either an inheritance brat or one hell of an investor that Fate had smiled upon. She nodded a bit, watching him for a moment. Must be nice.

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

That was something she could agree with, and nods to Corn. Order business should be behind closed doors.

But at the second statement, she just rolled her eyes. If they wanted to see good dancing from her, she needed to break out the fire.

Shrugging, “Cause I didn’t think it was a huge thing.” And she honestly doesn’t. A second Mastery wasn’t something she had been chasing, but she needed something to focus on, so here they were.

Sighing, “Something tells me that this isn’t a fight I’m going to win with you.” By now she knew when an argument with Corn was a losing battle. This was one of them.

“I’d rather not discuss it until I’ve achieved it.” Cause she could still fuck it up.

To Belle, “How about you stop by my workshop and we’ll get some real dancing done. I bet you will catch right on! Even throw some fire into it.” she encourages with a smile. The Shaman could totally see Belle dancing with fire and being good at it.

A shrug to Zero, “No worries, I get it.” A warm smile offered. She’d had nights like those.

Wait…did Winter just make a joke?!

From the grin on her face, she was clearly amused with this.

Offering her energy drink, “Ok, but if that changes, let me know.” She could have him feel back to normal in a matter of seconds.

Nodding at his comment, “Kindred spirits is a good way of putting it. Sacramento has never been, like a, clique. We’re all here to help each other and all that.” That’s how it felt to her.

To Moira, “Cool, I can get something setup. And no worries about not being sober, think it’s something we all aim for at some point. Though I can help if that needs to change.” Having only used it on herself a handful of times, it was useful. “Or I can throw a party at my loft.” Thinking on it, “Or both, both could work.” She needed more fun times.

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn seemed relaxed and content to listen to the various conversations.

Nothing to add
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo arrives late to the party, as many of the Awakened of Sacramento were already in attendance. He decided to go slightly more formal with his look tonight; black-on-black slacks, turtle neck, and blazer. He's almost reminiscent of a bouncer at a high-end night club. He wears a pistol on each hip; safeties on, fully holstered, and sans magazines. There was little chance he would ever have to use them in the Circle, but seeing as his order was tasked with its protection, he'd rather be ready than not. Lastly, his hair is tied up in a loose bun toward the back of his head, and his facial hair has been trimmed neatly to match his choice in dress.

The First thing he notices upon entering is not one, but two new faces to him; a lone wolf type and one who may be just slightly overenergetic. No matter, he waves to Belle as he makes his way to the one more open to conversation. A hand is extended to Moira . "Hi, I'm Viggo. Obrimos and Arrow. Good to see I'm not the only newbie around."

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn, , pisces liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

"Oh yeah! Zero, I forgot about your podcast. I'll need to tune in sometime, I've just been so busy with the apartment and work." She gets the 'burning at both ends' angle; she'd just been there.

Moira's wink is met with a sincere smile from the Warlock. Belle had heard of Acanthi having power comparable to fairies, but this one was really rocking the Puck-ish pixie schtick (no pun intended). She even had the hair for it. Oh yeah, we're definitely hanging out sometime.

Aurora's offer of dance lessons has Belle geeking out in record speed. "Seriously? That would be so cool! But fire dancing? I mean, yeah! Let's go for it!" She tones down just a bit, self-conscious about getting loud in what amounted to a sacred space. "You know, whenever you're available."

So much to take in: new faces, new opportunities. She might even have to clean up her apartment for guests. And all those pigeons...

10. Likes pisces liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer sees someone he never recognize walk in. He had yet to meet this guy so when he heard him introduce himself to the the new Mage Moira he thought he would just wait his turn.

Zeromancer then turned to Belle and answered, "Yeah I know how moving and gettinng situated can be. The podcasr was just a hard one to tell this last time. It was difficult to get through the content as the amount of death was just disturbing on a whole new level." the Moros has felt drained because even as a member of the death arcanum he was still disturbed at those who could commit such atrocities with ease.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

12. Likes pisces liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"I'm a member of the local magic police", he remarks offhanded. Not really much to add, so he slips comfortably in his seat.

14. Likes pisces liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Great. So everybody found a buddy to talk to. Crystal got up from his place with as much grace as he could muster (and past practice made him really good at that) and gave everybody a thumbs up. "Seems like my presence as social lubrication isn't needed anymore. I'll be over there to adhere to.. important Councilor stuff." He looked around. Only one ex-Councilor was present and Aurora could relate to that kind of business the most. "Feel free to come over if someone needs me." One last winning smile (which hopefully softens the blow of him tapping out of this huge conversation) before Crystal made his way to a seat a bit more off the busy talks.

Also nothing to add atm and decluttering the scene.

Continued in (2203) A less chatty corner...
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

16. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira nodded with Aurora. “That sounds great! Either way I’m down, or both! Always have a good time with good folks.” She nodded a bit about how she could correct how drunk someone got if they wanted. Ahhh. Good to know. Life magic was very very useful. She gave little finger guns to Aurora. “Very cool! Especially when you wanna avoid a hangover with your poor choices!” Alcohol could be rough otherwise. Which is why she usually did the herbal method and the kind of stuff you snorted or swallowed, and if she was really feeling cosmic: magic mushrooms! “I’m more into blazing than drinking, but I can easily make an exception if you wanna take the edge off of that for me!” Hell yeah.

Corn went quiet. She didn’t know if that was a bad thing or a good thing yet. He didn’t look disturbed. More like one of those content Persian kitties! Or ohhhh one of those Russian Blue’s. Very content looking cats.

Another mage rolled in, Viggo, and she gave him a little bit of a double take with the guns being all out and shit. He was like a modern version of a Red Dead Redemption character! She wondered if he rode a hog? Wouldn’t that just be fitting the picture in her head?! Yesss! Though a segue into vehicles right now seemed weird. Ugh. She really needed to reign in her damn imagination more. For fucks sake. She stood to take his hand and do a proper handshake. “Moira, Acanthus Apostate.” She felt like she was going the rounds at an N/A meeting.

Belle seemed like a fine sort to hang out with. She liked this lady so far! She seemed down for whatever came. A really fine trait for a Mystagogue, to be fair. Judging by her earlier commentary she definitely gave those ‘Indiana Jones’ type vibes.

Zeromancer seemed as distracted by the gun carrier as she was! I mean, it was a sight seeing someone loaded for bear! He seemed to recover to talk about his podcast. Well how nice…oh it was about death. Well that must have been an emotional one! “Oh hey Viggo! This is Zeromancer, Mystagogue, annnnd he hasn’t disclosed his path yet!” Did she just introduce Viggo to Zero when she barely knew either. Ayup! See! Let no one say she wasn’t helpful!

Ahhhh Winter was a guardian. Funny story, even though she was as unpredictable as they come, she never had an issue with the GoV. She didn’t typically use vulgar magic unless she had too, or it was in private and controlled spaces well away from sleepers. They were certainly a problem for certain types of mages, though she was always cautious. I mean, who wants to end up staring down this motherfucker in a room with only one naked light bulb? Not this bitch here!
    “Well good to have you around to keep us all honest, Winter.” She said with a half smile watching him with the same interest in her eyes. “And since you happen to be conveniently here and in a talkative mood.” The talkative part was up for debate. “Anything going on I should be made aware of, or wary of?” Who better to ask than the GoV? Amiright?!

Moira gave a thumbs up to Crystal sliding to the side right quick. She came here to do two things, meet others awakened, and find out if there was anything dangerous afoot she needed to be aware of so she didn’t get jumped unawares. Nothing puts the whoopee do in your doo daa day like a Banisher trying to slit your throat.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand was raised in a wave to Viggo as he entered.

Was the Shaman expecting such an excited acceptance? Nope. Laughing, “Well, I’ll start you without fire at first of course. Then add the fire. I mean, sure, I can heal burns, but they just add a damper to the evening.” True enough. She still had burn scars marring her stomach and back after all these years. Mostly faded, but still there. “And I set my schedule, so when you can get away from work, we’ll give it a go.” She was glad there was something she could teach Belle. “We’ll just have to remember to get some takeout.” Food was important.

There was an absent nod as Zero spoke. Her understanding of Death was small, but she had some. “Sounds like you might need an outlet to help take your mind off it. Something less serious and heavy.” Like a hobby. Yeah.

Raising an eyebrow to Crystal, she wondered what was up with him. Aside from the obvious hangover. And while she was tempted to join him, she was actually enjoying the multiple conversations.

“I’m always an advocate for getting out and having a good time.” And sometimes she avoided hangovers, and sometimes she didn’t. Smirking, “I’m pretty sure we can figure something out.” Maybe her and Crystal would get along then.

Winter was in a talkative mood? She’d seen him more talkative before, but let the new girl have her fun. Her question was a good one, and eyes look to Winter to see what he had to say.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread