Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
PRP: Tunnel Trek Returns

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Looking to the offered Fruit, and shakes her head, “Thank you, but it’s not that bad.” Standing straight and reaching her hands over her head, an audible popping sound coming from her back, “Give it a few minutes and it’ll be like it’s not there.” But she appreciated the offer. A small bruise wasn’t something she wanted to use Goblin Fruit on. Being a dire wolf chew toy? Def need fruits for that.

“I think we just underestimated how heavy it was. Plus, strength is not my strong suit.” Nope.

Laughing with a shake of her head at Circe, “I suppose that is a tried-and-true remedy.” Except for the next morning.

“I was thinking some of the men of the Freehold.” Still giggling.

Looking around, “Did we want to setup another base of operations here? Then we don’t have to navigate the stairs of death again.”

1 success

bottled water(2), trail mix, notebook and pencil, research, first aid kit, two flashlights, three headlamps, handheld GPS, compass, maps from the historical society as well as hand drawn maps, cell phone on vibrate

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

No news was good news for the Giant, and Liam returns the fruits to his pack. Perhaps in the moment he'd overestimated the severity of their blunder. "I'm just happy you're not too banged up." Liam looks interested at the mention of Circe's custom healing potion. ​"Tequila? You know, I'd been thinking about making some kind of a healing potion cocktail just for kicks. Maybe we can try it out at the Coronation?" He looks to Sera to see if the idea sticks.

He appreciates his friends encouragement on his abilities.
    "Thanks. I guess anything can happen, even outside the Hedge. That's why I'm here; to provide the muscle." He flexes good-naturedly.

"The bottom of this stairwell could make a nice stopping point. Maybe we can figure out some railing once we've fully settled. For safety purposes." ​Maybe help with fewer tumbles.
    1 success

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel; Cattle Prod x1

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Also, yer grip needs work Sera. Talk ta Rhodes about practice," she sticks her tongue out at Seraphina in taunt. As for flavoring of her flask, that has a much simpler explanation. "Well, it ain't hard when ya don't clean out the flask. Alcohol is sanitizing after all."

"Oooh?" Circe sounds intrigued by the dresses for men thing, "If ya don't mean kilts, I've been suggesting that fashion trend fer years. Rhodes just kept defying me. Bet I could get Worm ta do it though, oh ho ho ho!"

As for stopping here, she takes a look around. "That's fair. Good construction point fer making a railing or some shit like that, true."

Circe points at the bend though, "We should see look around the corner though, just in case."

3 successes

On Circe

Wheel barrel

Narration:

Liam and Seraphina don't find aught of interest in the landing. Circe? She found something carved into the wall a long time ago at the base. Someone carved "Rum is jake" into the wall. She doesn't know what that means.

Around the corner though? The tunnel is going downwards. There is a hint of light at the end of the tunnel.

Actual light coming from the darkness ahead. Circe can tell it is a yellowish-green and probably less than 100 yards away. Probably.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Tequila actually sounds good right about now.” She says with a chuckle. A glance to Liam, “Is that possible? I say go for it!” why not?

The gesture was returned to Circe, “Hey, I said I wasn’t very strong.” She did, in fact, declare that earlier. “And no need to talk to Rhodes about it, he’d be pissed if he heard about the fall I just took. So our little secret.” A wink to the elf.

Laughing, “Rhodes would be a very hard sell on that one. But yeah, I could totally see Worm owning a skirt and strutting his stuff.”

Dusting her pants off, “Sure! Always good to know there is no danger waiting for us to let our guard down.”

bottled water(2), trail mix, notebook and pencil, research, first aid kit, two flashlights, three headlamps, handheld GPS, compass, maps from the historical society as well as hand drawn maps, cell phone on vibrate

I cannot apologize enough for missing this. Please...give me hell, seriously, in a PM or on Discord.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Narration:
    The Lost proceed down the tunnel, wary for the source of the illumination. Again, there is a downward slant to the Northwest leading tunnel, though with a slight curve to it. This curse causes it to eventually face North.

After the curve the Lost find the illumination's source. At least after the have they and their lights move past the source. Mushrooms in the small side alcoves, about the size of a couple of school lockers each. Not much of a glow, but quantity in the alcove provides the strength of light.

Just after the mushrooms the Lost discover a downwards shaft in a larger open space. Probably an elevator, whether for just barrels or people isn't clear. Naught remains of the equipment to determine this, just trash. Further examination of this shaft is most difficult. Why?

Well, after the first couple of feet down, it is filled with water.

We are over the time. We can end scene now. Or if you prefer, or do the three Lost want to be trying to use the submarine drone?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

​"Oh! I don't mean an actual healing potion. But something like the potions you pick up in video games." Granted, it's been a while since Liam's actually played a video game with or without healing potions. "Perfect! Even if we don't get it in the Coronation, it'd be a sweet addition to Halloween." ​His mind is already buzzing with ideas. He looks a little nervous at the idea of hiding information from Rhodes...or maybe he's just worried that Rhodes might take Liam's role in their tumble personally. "I won't tell if you won't."

After continuing down the path, Liam makes sure to keep both hands on the wheelbarrow at all times. And is especially careful not to bump any heels. The mushrooms draw his attention even in the dim light.
    "Wow! Look at that. That's bioluminescence in action." He wonders if those mushrooms are specific to the region or if they were introduced over time.
    1 success

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel; Raccoon Trap x1; Cattle Prod x2

I'd be up for a continuation with the sub drone. As long as the operation of the drone isn't too complex, we could still have a short rest chat
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

11. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Eyes widen at the mushrooms, “Ohh! Those are beautiful!” pausing to look to Circe and Liam, “If they aren’t poisonous, I say we let them be!” they gave the room a magical feel to it.

Catching the nervous look from Liam, she laughs, “It’s fine.” Just a running joke she had going.

I second continuing with the sub drone

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Narration:

Armillaria gallica. Not the most common glowing mushroom in North America, but not one restricted to forests. The trash of the area seems to include a lot of rotten and old wood, accounting for the mushroom's fuel source. That and rat poop. Lots of rat poop. It gives the camembert smelling mushroom a unique boutique of scents. It isn't appetizing.

Circe:
    "Dude, that's just juicing a goblin fruit and putting it in a bottle," Circe chirps in on the potions discussion, having heard it now. "HP, MP, buffs. We got gobbo fruit that heals, gives Glamour, or gives other benefits. Or neggies. Or both. Magic potion, right there! Unless yer talking the mixed drinks."

As for not telling Rhodes, "Not telling Rhodes what? I don't know what ya mean Sera. Nothing at all," she smiles. Circe looks at the mushrooms, gun holstered. They didn't look mobile. And weren't too bright really.

"I'd advise not ta touch something that can give off enough light ta read by." Circe walks over to look into the hole. Liam and Seraphina will hear her making a throat noise before she spits. Ploop.

Circe pulls out something and snaps it. "Oh ho ho ho! That drone is actually gonna be useful. Imma turn it on," the Fairest tosses the break light into the well of water. She seems to be in a better mood finally. Probably because she feels vindicated that her purchase wasn't a total mistake.

Circe moves the wheelbarrow over to the water, turning it on and trying the viewing tablet on it. "Yay, its on," the buoy's screen shows a view of Circe's pelvis.

Lazily, Circe picks up the drone and tosses it into the water. It does sink but catches on some debris. "Of course," is groaned out by Circe before she drops down to try and unhook it.

Narration:

Circe isn't able to see what has come onto the screen. What thing is visible on the camera of the drone. Seraphina and Liam? They can see it. It isn't pleasant to see.

The Springs have the opportunity to react before Circe's hands are in the water.

On Circe

Wheel barrel

15. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam smiles, satisfied that his days of poring over botany books in high school have paid off. "Honey mushrooms. Not exactly edible since they grow in refuse, but they've got that natural glow to them that comes from growing in darkness." ​He wrinkles his nose at the smell, but the smile doesn't dim. "Some clusters of these things can get pretty big." He spreads his arms out wide. "Like REALLY big. Not quite my big, but pretty close." He rights himself back to a standing position. "But, kind of like reptiles, they grow based off of their environment. So we probably won't see them overgrowing down here." Unless you get some Contracts involved. He nods to Circe. "Just happy juice. Though I wonder if we could get away from naming cocktails after obscure Goblin Fruits." There were some very colorful names.

Liam watches as Circe preps the submarine drone for its descent. Looking over her shoulder, he does briefly look up when the drone camera turns on pointed below Circe's waist.
    "Do these things come with any fun tools? Like grabber claws?"

The camera flashes again as Circe ducks to look at the moored sub...
    failure

"Woah!" Liam jumps back, shocked at the sudden garish maw that's on the camera. ​"That's not friendly!"

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel; Raccoon Trap x1; Cattle Prod x2
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

17. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She wrinkles her nose, not enjoying the smells. But it was to be expected, though was there enough candles to get rid of it?

A wink was given to Circe, Circe knew what was up.

Nodding, no touching the glowy mushrooms.

Walking towards the Summer, she watches with interest as Circe turns the machine on.

The creature(?) catches her eyes, which widen in both surprises and disgust.

What the actual fuck was that?!

“Circe!” she calls out, “Stop!” moving a step closer to the elf, ready to do whatever she could if the creature got her friend.

“Damn Liam! You have a lot of useful knowledge! Do you study plants and animals in your free time?” cause he knew his stuff, and it was impressive.

The Nix was glad that Liam saw it too, hoping the alert from both of them would stop her.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

19. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread