Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
PRP: Tunnel Trek Returns

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a brief clap followed by ohhhs and ahhhs. “You make an excellent gaiter model Liam.” She caught the wistful look, “If you want to be a cowboy for Halloween, I can make it happen.” It was just a matter of working the costume to accommodate his size. Not something unheard of in their world.

Nodding in agreement with Circe, “It’s cause his legs are longer huh?” she teases, “But ya, you corner the market on looking good in gaiters.”

Looking from the Summer to the Spring, “She can make it all. And she’s good at it.” She could concede armor crafting to Circe.

“Just a quick fyi on that whole cutting armor off, if I have to heal you, it won’t be a problem. But you’re going to have to be unconscious, so there is that.” She could mend broken bones and stitches skin from within a Dream. Was kinda cool. Though she was glad no one had needed her to since Anatole.

“Huh.”
    That was something she wasn’t expecting to come across. Stairs.

Looking around, then back to Circe, “I’m willing to try.” Then looking to Liam, “Or we can all give it a go, might go faster.” Or, whatever.

1 success

Sera is willing to help with Teamwork, her Strength is only a 2, so I don't think she's adding much...lol!

bottled water(2), trail mix, notebook and pencil, research, first aid kit, two flashlights, three headlamps, handheld GPS, compass, maps from the historical society as well as hand drawn maps, cell phone on vibrate
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam nods in time with Circe's list of armor-crafting accomplishments. The Ogre's eyes go wide with awe and surprise. "Wow! Sounds like you've been at this for a while now. I hadn't thought about under-armor being a problem if you're hurt though. I guess it makes sense, if you've been injured you want quick access to the wound to take care of it." He already has a dozen questions rattling around in his Ogreish mind with subjects ranging between how Circe got a hold of some of these materials to what the crafting process must be like...

The Giant clearly blushes at his Monarch's praise. "I mean...you mean it? Yeah! I'll let you know about the cowboy costume. Thanks!" The embarrassment is quickly replaced with excitement at Sera's generous offer.

Once they arrive at the steps, Liam looks down now content that they weren't being ambushed by stealthy lizards. "I'll take the lead here, ladies." He rubs both broad hands together and takes hold of the wheelbarrow, beginning to edge the thing down the steps carefully with help from his compatriots.

2 successes

Liam is up for leading the Str Teamwork check!

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel; Raccoon Trap x1; Cattle Prod x2
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Bump Origins "Bump" this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe:
    Circe smiles widely. "Indeed Liam! I'm with Sera. I could probably even spin up some spurs that literally jingle jangle jingle. And I'll happily chip in the holsters and revolvers fer Liam's costume." After a moment she clarifies, "Real, prop, cap props, or bang flag."

As for the fashion discussion, she returns Seraphina's nod with a shrug. "Either that or gaiters look inherently better on men. Like how ladies can rock the little black dress, but guys can't."

"Huh?" Circe looks at Seraphina whence she explains her dream healing powers. "Neat trick doctor Sera. A dreamy medical plan," and of course a pun. "Thanks. Though my goblin fruits work too, just hafta not run out."

A prideful smile oozes over the Summer's blue lips, though a hint of bitterness is present in her expression. "Thank ya, I totally am. Experimenting, kept going out of pride, aaand then one of my Summers shows me that the mundies still do it better," she sighs in annoyance, "My precious bonely protective piece pales ta pathetic against proper produced protection provided plentifully by riot gear, oh ho ho ho!" That and there was another problem with the Hedgespun and Iron Side both, "Though most of the really good stuff gets the cops attention. Skinsuits? Not so much, perversion is assumed by the pigs."

Liam was taking the lead on the stairs? Such a gentleman. Plus, Ogre. The blue Fairest guessed he had one of the contracts or blessings that'd let him stop the wheelbarrow easily if they lost it.

"Alright Liam," she looks to Seraphina, "I'll take the right side," tapping her own shoulder, "If I brace against the wall ta slow it down, rubber instead of skin scraping."

5 successes

On Circe

Wheel barrel

---
    Narration:
    Seraphina will notice that there is a track to the left of the stairs, or what once was such. Dried out bits of rotten wood remain with some rusty dust. It was probably some cargo system for moving rum barrels with the laborers on the stairs if no pulley system was used.

Liam gains +5 dice to his roll from Circe. Seraphina , please roll Strength + Stamina to determine how many bonus dice Liam gets from the 2 Fairests.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A quick laugh, “Of course I mean it.” She didn’t offer something she couldn’t provide. “I’ve crafted my own costumes for a few years now, so it wouldn’t be a problem.” Well, she hadn’t spun them, but she was still sure it was something she could do.

“Thanks Liam, ever the gentlemen.” She praised, knowing she wasn’t strong enough to do much. But she would have tried, and probably failed. But tried.

Looking thoughtful, “Hmmm, you might be right. But I would have to see a guy in a little black dress just to be sure.” Cause science.

Goblin fruit work when someone can eat them, she wanted to point out to Circe. But doesn’t.

A frown, “I’m sure you’ll figure something out. Might just require different materials, or even different materials combined.” But there was something to machine crafted things. Sometimes even their own magic couldn’t do better.

With Circe taking the right side, Sera moves to the left, ready to help carry it down. But, Sera wasn’t as strong as the others. Even though she tried, she wasn’t much help. But from the look on her face, she was giving it all she had. Seems she needs to work out more.

failure

bottled water(2), trail mix, notebook and pencil, research, first aid kit, two flashlights, three headlamps, handheld GPS, compass, maps from the historical society as well as hand drawn maps, cell phone on vibrate
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Narration:
    Liam gains +5 extra dice to his roll from Circe and Seraphina combined.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam takes hold of the wheelbarrow's edges and starts gradually moving it down step by step, with the flanking Monarchs acting as a bit of a buffer. Though, perhaps because of their close proximity, Liam finds himself a little less confident and taking his time down each step.

failure

On the plus side, this meant he could spend more time conversing with his friends.

"Black dress, huh? I bet if you dared Worm to wear one he probably would."
    The Giant laughs at as the ridiculous image flashes in his mind, almost making him lose his grip on the wheelbarrow. "If we ever need a decoy for one of you, I think we've got it covered." Liam has no doubt that the trusty Goblin would go to any lengths to see his Monarchs protected from harm, even if it meant getting ridiculous. Would he go that far? I guess, if I knew it would work.

As for Circe's alliteration, it both entrances and confuses Liam. "Soooooooo there's better armor out there that the mundies use, but it's more noticeable. Makes sense, they need it more than we do without Contracts or other benefits." He shrugs to indicate his own treant arms rippling with branch-muscle and stone-sinew. "But you know what they say..." Liam seems briefly lost in thought. "Wait, what's the 'mother of invention' again? Curiosity? Desperation? Familiarity?"

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel; Cattle Prod x1

12. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Narration:

Metallic screeching, thudding, bonking, clanking, and the sound of flesh being impacted against harder things fill the tunnel.

It is a scene out of a comedy skit. It didn't go well for the Lost. Seraphina's grip was not the best as her attempt to lift it up and hold it back. As a positive for Seraphina, she falls up the stairs instead of down, landing upon her back. This leaves her as the only Lost still on the stairs after the comedy ends.

Liam is less fortunate as he is the one bracing the wheelbarrow without sufficient support. It slams into him, painfully, shoving him down the stairs further though he is able to keep his footing, remaining upright.

Circe's plan didn't work out. Her grip is firm and the wall slowing idea does work, but gravity disagrees with her plan, pulling her off her feet and downwards. This slams Circe into the raccoon cage in the wheelbarrow.

Fortunately for Liam, this added weight slams the wheelbarrow down to a stop most of the way down the stairs.

Seraphina takes 1 bashing from her fall. Liam takes 2 bashing from the wheelbarrow ramming him. Circe takes 2 bashing from her crash into the wheelbarrow.

The wheelbarrow IS at the bottom of the stairs.

Liam and Circe are able to see the path opens up with a large area going West, clearly a space for moving objects of size, and then turns North.

Circe:

Circe squawks in surprise and gasps at the impact of cage. "Ahi! Fanculo quel cazzo di male con il metallo proprio nelle tette del cazzo, dannazione, tu rottami di metallo merda!"

She gets her feet back on the stairs. Blue hands press down on the wheelbarrow to ensure it doesn't move. She groans as her chest protests her movement, "I'm voting empty then stairs on the way back. My vote counts triple. Ya okay Liam?"

She briefly looks up to Seraphina, annoyed that she'd dropped her wheelbarrow side, but she was on her ass. "Ya good up there?"

failure

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix had to laugh as well, “You’re probably right. But it’s more fun to see someone in it who wouldn’t willingly agree.” Then looking thoughtful a moment, “I even have the perfect dress!” she declares. “That would mean talking me into needing a decoy, I’m afraid that will not be easy.” Nope.

“Uhhh, not sure.” Wasn’t something she remembered hearing.

Could she have seen this whole thing going south? Maybe. But she was confident in their little group. Until that confidence was gone as she felt her grip loosen and her body fall backwards. Now, granted it wasn’t as bad as falling down the stairs. But it was still falling on stairs and it hurt.

“Damn!” mutters the Treasured as she pushes herself up, a hand reaching back to massage part of her back, “That’ll leave a mark.” But her ego wasn’t too bruised, she had warned them. Her friends didn’t seem to fair as well. Carefully she stands, wincing from pain in her back and gingerly walks down the stairs.

“I vote for that as well.” Strongman team they were not. Then a nod, “Yeah, just landed funny on my back, I’ll have Rhodes take a look later. Maybe some time in the hot tub will help.” But it wasn’t the end of the world. “You and Liam ok?” concern for the others clear on her face.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

16. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

One distracted Giant plus one flight of stairs equals a quick tumble.

"Ooooof!"
    Liam holds the wheelbarrow in place as his feet scramble to place themselves and prevent him from tumbling down. Thankfully his heels, reinforced as they are by the boots, help him hold ground before everything goes tumbling down.

failure

"Yeah, no argument there." Liam winces as he feels his hammered ribs. He doesn't think anything's broken; no surprise given his bulk. The two Fairest seem fairly intact as well, if a little battered. The Spring in Liam is propelled to the fore as he quickly reaches into his pack and pulls out a pair of fairly mundane Goblin Fruits.
    "I'm alright. But here, take these. This should iron out the kinks." He focuses fully on Sera and Circe, making sure they're alright before he refocuses on the mission at hand. "Next time I'll put a bit more Glamour into my lifts."

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel; Raccoon Trap x1; Cattle Prod x2

-2 Goblin Fruits if Sera and Circe accept; these are basic Fruits that heal 2 Bashing or 1 Lethal on consumption

18. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe:
    "Ouch. I'm gonna go with ouch Sera." She is tempted to tell her to lift some weights too. Circe holds up a hand in the stop gesture to Liam's offer, pulling out a hip flask instead. "Nah man. I got my own."

She pops the cap on the white and black First Aid flask, chugging it down. No pain, her gain! "Best container fer healing stuff," she comments as she pockets the empty flask, "Plus a hint of tequila."

Whilst Liam delivers the fruit to Sera, she moves the wheelbarrow out of his way and clear of the stairs' landing. "Eh, yer strength was fine Liam. And it went faster this way. Plus side, plenty of room ta turn this thing down here."

After a moment she asks, "So, what the fanculo dressing up who in dresses were we talking about before the funniest home videos moment?"

On Circe

Wheel barrel

Narration:
    There is naught detected in the darkness by Circe and Liam. Seraphina may roll for perception now that she is at the bottom of the stairs. What does the illumination of all three's light sources reveal of this large western room?

There are the remains of wood scraps nest to the ramp adjacent to the stairs. Probably something to help move the barrels of rum up in the past. And nothing else of note. No nests or corpses are readily obvious.

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread