Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Great Imposition

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Pfffft."

He almost laughs at her comparison.

"Guru doesn't have the stones to murder someone."
    Which wasn't as big an insult as his tone probably made it sound? Puck couldn't either, just hex until the sun goes down. Not traditionally 'wise', but definitely wiser then murder. That's another thing he should probably mention though.

"Yeah. Phoenix, Guru, and I found this old warehouse where some Libertines were trying to summon an angel. Problem is someone tampered with the notes they used to cast the ritual and they summoned the wrong type of angel."

He pauses, contemplating the best way to describe the thing. Curses are apparently on the menu for later.

"Okay, you know those dog toys where it's like a bunch of hexagons that form a ball and it rolls around? Yeah, that. The hexagons are fire though? And there's a white flame in the center that takes the form of the face of whoever it's talking to. Voice as well. Really creepy chew toy angel. I was talking to angel face me in the spirit tongue and it was totally bizarre. Convinced it not to kill us all or burn the city down though so mission accomplished I guess?"

This is a totally reasonable and true way of describing the angels of the Aether to an Acanthus.

2. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira grinned at his amusement and nodded a bit at his assertation. "I have been taught to defend myself with a knife if I have to. I mean, I kinda see physical violence as a last resort, but admittedly if someone thinks you are willing to stab them, it definitely cuts through some bullshit."

She sucked in a breath through her teeth at that news and winced making a little 'ouch face', and nodded to show she was actively listening to him and following what he said. That was a pretty shitty thing to have happen.

Did she get a little giggle out of the imagery he was providing? Yes, but she tried to hold it back in the beginning in case things got serious, which of course his tale did and she was thankful as all hell that she didn't laugh hysterically with what was popping in her brain. Still, there was some lips twitching in the beginning and the humor in her eyes was evident.

"Puck...your imagery is amazing. Why are you journalist? You should be an animator or something." She said with a grin. "I may just have to follow your professional work if your writing on economics is this entertaining." She said with a nod and shook her head.

"Though...I don't know how I would take having to talk to a reflection of myself and hear my own voice parroted back at me. I mean. Yeah, that's, a little weird that it chose that isn't it? Or is that always how Angel's present themselves? Wait, do spirits do that too? Like other kinds?" She asked, leaning forward a little bit in interest.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'd hope so."

He knew it didn't. How many times has he mouthed off to Phoenyx now? How badly could she beat the shit out of him? Although, Moira did have a point about willingness. Though she did seem a bit gruff to the Enchanter, Phoenyx definitely cared about keeping her peers safe. Which is probably the only reason she hasn't killed Puck.

"Imagery is nothing without the language to convey it. I'm honestly a better word smith then designer or artist, and I find the act of informing more fulfilling then any act of artistic expression that may come along with it. I appreciate the thought though."

He's back to smiling. One could almost mistake him for that buffoon of the Wilds he seemed to be smiling so wide.

"I think it's weird, but I don't have the experience yet to comment on any kind of norm. While I have the arcanum, I don't walk around with the sight up to see the spirits and engage with them in Twilight. I'd like to try and meet more spirits though. So far I've had more productive conversations with them then some of the mages of this city."

6. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm a surrealist. What I paint defies description. Most don't consider what I paint to be a portrait either, but I think its time to challenge that idea. Hence my art is a deep expression of my desire to make something lasting. Something that says I was here, even if I can never put my real name on it." She smiled ever so slightly, her gaze looking beyond him as if she could see something he couldn't. Of course that was true. It was her passion to create. Observe and create.

Puck created too. In his own way. Shaping opinions could be considered creation couldn't it? Depends on how you wanted to look at it, and Moira would hold her own opinions. She simply smiled as he explained his own passion as mere informing. It was telling of how he saw himself Loudmouth, informing. A slight smile formed for a moment, and interest and humor collided in her eyes, and then it was back to spirit arcanum and it distracted her from a growing thought forming.

"Maybe you should!" She encouraged him instantly. Quick to follow up with an absolute self serving suggestion. Cause....duh. "I'm serious why not? I can tag along so you don't look like a crazy fuck talking to yourself!" She volunteered immediately. Guile? Not so fucking much. The interest in spirit arcanum was truly genuine though. "Or maybe not. Damn. I should be scared that if I learned to talk to other worldly beings I may forget about people entirely..." She chuckled heartily at that. "I'm a bit of a loner anyway, and definitely all...." She made a rising up motion with her hand. "up in my head, you know?"

She sobered a bit and regarded him a bit more seriously. "So what do you think Puck? Am I a likeable gal to be able to welcome to Sacramento?" She looked at him with a grin. "Thoughts. Emotional outbursts? Ridicule?" She lifted her hands, and made a weighing out motion, and arched a brow with a grin, watching him. "Well? What's it gunna be?"

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck nodded politely as Moira explained her art. He respected when people did their thing, but it wasn't something he found himself especially drawn to. The subcategories of artistic expression were something he was passingly familiar, mostly as conversation starters for otherwise dead end meetings and conversations. Spirit's though?

"You see these three glyphs right?" Sight, armor, luck. He's surprised he's durable enough to maintain that much without any supernal interference. "I suppose I could balance a few more, but that's a lot of static if I need to hex somebody. Besides, the ability to speak with spirits doesn't guarantee their desire to be spoken to. Spirits are weird, and sometimes it's just easier to put them on silence."

Okay, maybe interest in the spirits has it's limits. Still, getting to tell people he spoke with an angel was pretty cool. Sure, it was scary and almost turned him into an extra crispy person burger, but it's definitely a cool flex.

To her final questions Puck took a second to consider. A brief second, probably not even that? He liked this one. Moira was staying.

"Consider yourself recognized. Read the lex and don't get caught."

He's still smiling. Whether it's because he liked Moira or he was kidding wasn't immediately obvious.

"Any questions before we wrap up?"

Someone might have forgotten for a second what this meeting was for amid the small talk. Good thing someone else was there to remind him.

10. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

She thought a moment about what they had gone over, and grinned finally.

"Nothing that we should discuss here, as previously mentioned. Though I am curious on your weigh in on the topic of other Awakened in the city, I suppose I should form my own opinions instead of borrowing yours." She winked once and stood up.

"Now...I have to make sure I eat something before my last meeting of the day. Otherwise the remote office assistant will have a fucking fit if I fall asleep in another Zoom meeting...." She said with a grin. She looked pleased with herself. As if she didn't regret for one second falling asleep.

"Thank you for taking the time to meet with me Puck. I suppose I will see you around, then? Yeah?" She said with a warm smile and a little wave of her hand. She hesitated in case he thought of something last minute. Barring that she would make her way to the nearest to pho restaurant. Determined to her plan of actually remembering to eat proper meals three times a day.

Thank you so much for the scene!

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Definitely meet them first."

Sometimes bad first impressions taint subsequent opinions, and while Puck could be full of himself he wasn't so full as to think people don't deserve a chance to make their own impressions. He chuckles a bit at her clear lack of interest in zoom meetings. One more thing they had in common.

"I'll see you around."

The Councilor smiles and rises from his seat, finding his way to the exit.

End scene and welcome to the concilium!

13. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread