Seeking out Seraphina

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He just had to take her word for it - try as he might, Gerrit couldn't imagine a situation where Seraphina denied someone help. Well, someone who wasn't actively out to harm her or the Freehold. Did that make her especially good or just naive? Then again, everybody liked her so it certainly wasn't totally wrong. Gerrit went silent for a bit, thinking and sipping at his coffee. "It's good to hear that you're looking after yourself as well. You can't help others if you're burning out for them." Was that meant to be an advice or a justification for his change of behaviour? Darned if he knew.

"I've got people to confide in." That was that. He didn't really reply to most of the other things she said - about not closing people out completely, about not denying himself to be happy. That was always easy said by those who had it all. "I think that those who know me know they can rely on me. There are people in our circles who value appearances more than the sentiment behind them - that's something I would like to avoid." He dared to look into her sapphire eyes for a moment and shrugged. Why did being silent have to mean he was miserable? Just because he wasn't smiling all the time? Was Titania setting a better example?

The world was always working against them? If there was one absolute truth the Queen of Desire said that day, it must have been this one. A hint of a smile appeared on the Ogre's face, then disappeared again. "And what do you want? Apart from seeing everyone around you happy? What is driving you currently?" His voice was even and as polite as that question could be. He had to think of something Colonel Worm said: that being content was almost like being dead. This seemed to be a widespread opinion.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A sage nod of her head, “That was something I had learn about the hard way. I was taking on too much helping everyone else.” Rhodes and Sonnie had helped her see that.

He had others to confide in, good to know. But the way the answer was short and sweet, she didn’t push it. Her eyes didn’t waiver from the look, “I know I can rely on you, and I always make sure and let others know that as well. It can be hard to build that up with new people, but once you have, it doesn’t go away.” She felt like she could depend on Gerrit if it came down to it. “As to appearances?” a light shrug, “Some are just wired differently. I would like to see a healthy balance of both, if possible, but know some place appearance above all else. It will only get someone so far, and can be dangerous to rely on.” She learned a while ago not to depend on her looks, and busted her ass to make herself useful and dependable.

“Me?” a bit surprised by the question. “You know, I don’t think anyone’s asked me that in a while.” What drove her currently? She thought about it a moment, sipping her coffee, “I would say my businesses is what is driving me, what is pushing me. I want to have them be successful and be able to make others happy. I also want to improve on a few new tricks I’ve picked up, so improving myself is always something I strive to do.” Was it cheesy and lame? Maybe. But it was the truth. "I've learned over the years that we are all a work in progress, we never stop pushing to get better."

Sooo sorry this took so long:(

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

3. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The way she matter-of-factly and with total confidence expressed her trust in him - it sent a painful surge through his chest. Like getting blasted by warm air after staying out in the cold for too long. Gerrit supressed a wince and just finished his coffee to distract himself. "Thank you for saying that. I still believe that goodwill is sometimes easier lost than you'd think." He didn't like it, but it was the truth. Not to mention that people sometimes disappeared, whatever goodwill one had with them.

He watched her with interest as she talked about her current motivations in life. Did she notice that part of her answer still circled around others' happiness? "Businesses? Plural? I know about this coffee shop.. is your tailoring a genuine business too?" A gleam of respect in his voice. She really had it all. "And I respect the drive to improve oneself. It is something I also strife to do." Of course his work was more about him as a person. Not.. tricks. "A friend recently told me that being consent with a situation was a bad thing when you think about it. I don't totally agree with him but I can see where he's coming from. I don't like to stand out too much, but one should always be able to help out their friends. So there's that." It was a fine line to walk: he neither wanted to be useless or a burder nor did he want to stand out. It was, as others would put it, a Winter thing.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A more solemn nod, “It can be easy to lose. And my husband has opened my eyes to not trusting as easily as I used to. But I think everyone deserves the chance.” Until proved otherwise, she’d trust.

She hadn’t told many about the second business, nodding, “Currently only online. But if things go right, I plan to expend and open a physical shop. Offering both custom pieces and tailoring. It’ll make me busy, but I plan on putting friends requests first.” Like Anatole, she needed to call him. “I like to think we all have places we can improve on, that no one is perfect.” She had her demons, and still fought them. Thinking over the statement, “It’s an interesting concept. I think I could see both sides of it.” Taking another moment to think, “On one hand it’s ok to just relax and coast through life, but on the other hand, there is always something worth exploring and learning. What are your thoughts on it?” interested in what he would say.

“Nothing wrong with not wanting to stand out. Sometimes it’s the safest way to go, standing out isn’t all it’s cracked out to be.” A small frown, there were days she just wanted to fit in. “And I agree, one hundred percent, one should always be able to help friends. I’m actually working with Sonnie on learning more about self-defense, as well as the Colonel.” She liked learning from both of them.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Maybe you're right. It's easier to do so because sometimes you can just tell if someone is out to harm you." He looked around the room. It was difficult to talk about the Wyrdstone in a neutral manner. "Of course there are other ways to lose someone's trust, but I guess I don't have to tell you about that." There was a difference between trusting someone to not sell them to the True Fae and trusting someone personally. He didn't want to argue that point though - partly because Seraphina seemed to know and partly because they'd ultimately disagree on the details.

He nodded along her explanation for her new business. "I see. I think you're going to do great and wish you all the best for that endeavour." Just like she had supported him.
    A slight frown when Seraphina called it 'coasting' through life. She probably didn't mean it that way, but still. "I think there's a lot of gray area between relaxing and being hellbent on improving. I think that being content with a situation is worth a lot and nothing to frown upon. That doesn't mean that one can't work to improve, but there are merits to being capable instead of extraordinary."

Of course her being a Fairest made blending in more difficult. Gerrit knew that she couldn't help it, but he had little pity for her situation. However, mentioning Colonel Worm brought a slight smile on his face. "I see. He seems to be quite busy with helping people out in his own way. He also wanted me to spar with him. I think people should meet him when learning about not judging a book by its cover."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Her nod was solemn, “Sometimes.” He wasn’t wrong. Some people wore their intentions on their sleeves. Some others? Not so much. A simple nod of agreement about more ways to lose trust. She got it, he got it, the Freehold got it.

A happy, warm smile, “Thank you!” it was going to be a huge thing when got everything in order. But a good thing. At least, she thought it was.

Listening, she nods, thinking over what he said, “Ok, I can see that, I might have worded it wrong. If someone is content with what they have, and it fills them with happiness and gives them everything they need, then it is worth a lot. We just seem to hear more about those who seem unable to make small improvements to make their lives more fulfilling. But on the other hand, we don’t have a place to judge what makes someone happy and content. It’s a personal thing, we can only be there when asked.” It was hard for her to not always be trying to help someone. But she was working on taking a step back and not pushing. “In the long run, what does being extraordinary really get us?” she asks, “Maybe the satisfaction of knowing we worked hard for something? But in the end, what does that do for us?” it didn’t really get you further than others. Maybe some bragging rights. “What is good for one is not for another.” And they needed to respect that in each other.

A happy nod, “You should! He’s an excellent teacher and makes it fun.” She thought highly of the Worm. “And I agree one hundred percent, people shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. I consider him a friend and ally.” Sure, she was unsure at first, but that didn’t last long.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

All this talk about being content, about being happy.. Gerrit's Mantle flickered slightly, Winter's cold clarity really no match for Seraphina's radiant Spring. "Yes, you're right." That was really all he managed to get out without betraying himself. He wanted all this, wanted to do and experience everything the Queen of Desire talked about - and yet he didn't. He didn't want to set himself up for further disappointments, he'd stubbornly keep on walking this path he had chosen for himself. How long? Who knew? He was getting used to it, at least.

His body language became a bit more closed up to signal that he had nothing else to add to that topic: shoulders became a bit more hunched, scar-brows furrowed. Maybe the time for their little chat has almost run out. It's not that he disliked her, but she just cared so intensely that it was hard to bear for long. "Yes, he is one of the finer people in this city. Uh, please don't take this the wrong way, but I think I'll have to get going soon." He didn't immediately pay and leave - maybe there was something else she really wanted to talk about - but he put his plans to leave out there.
    Anything else would have been rude, after all.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The flickering Mantle made her wonder if she was, truly, right. But was it something she wanted to push right now? Poke and ask the question?

Not really.

They were in her coffee shop, but it wasn’t closed. And she didn’t want to push anything without having the security and privacy of no humans around.

Or she could be reading too far into it.

That was probably it. Totally overthinking.

A slight frown, “Oh,” shaking her head, “of course not. Did you want a to go cup and box?” offering to make a fresh cup of coffee for him with a friendly smile. The weather was still a bit chilly out, and sometimes a fresh coffee added a little something to your day. “I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to provide you with answers, maybe we can meet up again at a Tavern? Think I finally perfected making an Irish coffee.” She could sit there and talk all day. It was who she was, a social butterfly, loving any time she got to be social with people. But she knew not everyone was as social as she was, and she tried to respect that.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit shook his head when Seraphina offered him coffee and sweets to go. "Thank you, I'm good. I try not to drink too much coffee that late."

A slight frown when she apologized. "I wasn't looking for any answers, so you have nothing to feel sorry about." That didn't mean that they couldn't meet again. But there was nothing he was actively looking for, let along from the Queen of Desire. "It's almost time for the Spring formal anyway, I'm sure we can get together then. But I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the Irish coffee." And he left it at that.

He made sure to bring the flowers whereever Seraphina wanted them before he got ready to leave. "Thank you for having me. I wish you all the best for your plans."
    And with that the Ogre would pay for his coffee and make his way home.

Thank you for the awesome scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread