Seeking out Seraphina

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit stopped in front of Garden Grounds for a moment, putting the basket full of Crocus on the ground. Why did he come here? To fulfil the half-promised suggestion he made almost a year ago, at the Spring Coronation? To get out some more and shrug off the stereotype of the shut-in Winter that has been growing on him? To see if Seraphina's almost unbearable warmth was enough to get through the layers of cold?

Maybe it was all of the above, maybe it was nothing. Maybe this, much like many other things lately, should just be done without much thought or worry. He could see what came of it when it came to it.

So the Onyx picked up the basked again and entered the coffee house. He hadn't really announced his visit - that gave him the chance of having to leave again without catching the Queen of Desire, after all - and he wasn't planning on talking particularly Lost-related stuff so any potential customers weren't any problem. Still, it was late in the afternoon and maybe that meant that not many customers were around.
    Funny, how much he could overthink even supposedly thoughtless actions.

He would look out for Seraphina and then make his way over to her. "Uh, hello. I said I'll bring you flowers over some day, remember? Are you free to chat for a bit?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Gerrit picked the perfect time to stop by! There was only a handful of customers who all seemed to be studying and chatting amongst themselves.

Sera, for her part, was at a table off to the side looking at fabric. The shop needed an update. Dressed rather casual in dark jeans and a long-oversized flannel shirt, she could almost pass for a student. But then add her Mantle and the wildflowers growing around her, and that was shattered. The green that was now in her hair blended effortlessly with the gold and silver. The new delicate points and curves of her ears poking through.

Sapphires light up when she see’s the Orge, “Gerrit!” sounding happy to see him. Then seeing the flowers, “Oh wow! They are simply beautiful!” gushed the Nix, “These need to displayed somewhere front and center!” she declares, beaming, “Thank you!” genuinely happy and thankful for the flowers.

“Please, sit. How've you been?” Gesturing to the chairs, folders and fabric samples put away into piles, “Can I get you some coffee or tea?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It was hard not to recognize Seraphina's effortless beauty every time he saw her. Even with the more fantastical features she made all of it seem low key, mundane. And.. had something changed in her appearance? Gerrit couldn't tell for sure, maybe it was just because he hadn't really looked at her since her own Coronation. He sat down where Sera gesture and put the flowers next to him on the ground. "Uh, thank you. I'm glad you like them." Also something that was hard getting used to: her enthusiasm to lift others up.

"Coffee sounds good, thank you." Because tea was associated with tradition, and that was tied to his family back then and his Motley now. Bloodshot eyes looked over the material around her place. "What are you up to? Working on another outfit?" His Mantle flared up almost instinctually, maybe as a reaction to her overpowering testament of Spring, and made Gerrit's skin prickle from the cold, made the contrasts stand out a bit more around him.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Beaming, “They are stunning! I cannot wait to find a prime place to display them.” That way she could work on telling those who ask about his business.

There was a nod as she excused herself and got a coffee for Gerrit. Setting the cup down in front of him, she also set down some cream, sugar, and some muffins. “You’re welcome.” Sitting back down.

Following his eyes, her own having concern at how bloodshot the Orges were. “Actually, working on redoing the seating in here. Thinking of adding more comfortable places to sit, like couches and arm chairs. Keep a few tables, but offer people are more casual place to sit.” Could she have it down before Coronation? Maybe. “But I do have a few outfits in the works. One for a friend, and the other for myself.” But she might not go Hedgespun this year, she wasn’t sure yet.

The Nix noticed the flare of his Mantle, but she doesn’t say anything. Was something bothering him?

“How’ve you been?” she asks, taking a sip of her own drink, “How is the flower shop?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

(Don't show weakness)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit smiled at Seraphina as she put down the coffee - a rare sight these days, but he hadn't grown bad at it yet. It had just become a pain that seemed more and more unnecessary. "Thanks."

He listened to her plans and tried to imagine the changes as she talked about them. "Sounds like a lot of work. Are you going to do it all by yourself?" Probably not, but sometimes you couldn't be so sure. Seraphina had a tendency to work hard. Was Gerrit worried about her? Despite everything he found that.. yes, he was worried. "I mean, I hope you wouldn't be too polite to ask for help. You know that just about anyone around would drop everything to come and help you, right?" He took a sip of coffee and waited for her response. She'd probably be embarrassed by the implicit compliment, but that didn't make it any less true.

"I bet your outfit is for your big night. If it is anything like last year, you'll look stunning." What was happening here? All the compliments, the sweet talking? Despite him not feeling any happier or carefree than on other days, the Nyx was very easy to talk to and her beauty was only highlighted by her caring demeanour. He decided to just take it for what it was right now and think about it later. Becoming a bit more open wasn't a bad think, after all. "And may I ask who this friend is? I heard Liam is looking for a place to buy clothes that fit him, so I suggested him to ask you."

When she asked him how he was doing Gerrit bought some time by drinking more coffee.

2 successes

"I'm fine, thank you. I have taken a few weeks to refocus and did some thinking, but it was all for the better." Why did it feel like he lied? Yes, he hit rock bottom half a year ago so 'refocusing' was just a pretty way to cover up his breakdown, but he actually felt fine lately. Ish. "The shop is doing great. I have a steady stream of costumers and I'm starting to see a few regulars. I still can't fully believe it, to be honest." Although that has also been almost a year. Time sure flied. "Have you expected to stay as long in Sacramento as you have?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A warm smile, “You’re welcome!” taking a quick sip of her own.

“Oh, well, I hadn’t decided yet. I would probably hire a moving company for all the furniture.” But when he pointed out that anyone would drop what they were doing to help her, she did look a little embarrassed, sapphires looking into her coffee for a moment, “I do know that, but I still don’t like others to take time out of their busy days for me.” Especially when she could hire a company to do it. What she was doing was not all that important.

A wide, happy smile, “It is, and thank you!” she was excited, “Still working on the idea for the evening, the last party is going to be a difficult one to follow.” Complimenting Winter. “Anatole actually. He’s done so much for everyone I wanted a way to do something for him.” But Liam? “I didn’t know Liam was having difficulty, I’ll have to reach out and see what I can do.” He was huge, so she could see where the problems were.

There was a look of concern, “I’m glad to hear it was all for the better. Sometimes taking some time away to yourself is what’s needed. Give your mind a chance to reset itself, get things in order, learn what is important and what isn’t.” she was a full supporter of that. On the news of the flower shop, “That’s wonderful! It really is a lovely shop and the variety of flowers you offer is bound to draw more repeat customers.” She was glad to hear the Winter’s business was doing well. “Well, I, for one, am excited for you! You deserve it.” He was still a curiosity to her, not knowing him all that well. But she still wanted the best for him and to see him succeed.

Now his question was a bit unexpected, but not unwelcome. “Actually no, I didn’t. The city felt very welcoming when I first arrived, but I only expected to stay a year, maybe two. But it’s become home, something I never expected. Funny how some cities do that when others hadn’t. How about you?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

A moving company sounded like a good idea - at least she wasn't insisting on doing everything herself that way. "All right. But don't forget that you would always make time in your busy day to help them." He shrugged. It was probably futile to argue the point.

How did he know that? Because the compliment was promptly ignored by the Ogre. "Oh, it was nothing special. I am glad that so many decided to participate in the little event we had planned." He still believed that he drew Seraphina's truth and lie, but this was hardly the time and place to discuss it. "I liked the festivities last year too. The, uh, seeds you gave everyone had sprouted beautifully." And this is where he really had to put on an act. Politeness declared that he needed to comment on that, but there was a lot of dashed hopes and disappointment connected to that spring and the following summer. Gerrit's hand closed tighter around the cup of coffee, letting the heat burn the wounded nerves in his hands.

Learning what was important and what wasn't? He thought he kind of did that. And right on the tail of that thought he asked another question. "I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but isn't it exhausting to be this supporting and positive all the time?"
    And he regretted it the moment the last word left his lips. Seraphina was disarming in her presence as is, and the short fuse of the Ogres was a perfect fit for disaster. "I, uh- I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. It's just that we hardly really talked and you seem so sure about what I deserve. It feels like you are always an unconditional supporter for everyone." Much like he once was - therefore he knew how draining it was.

So Sacramento snuck on to her some day - did that mean that he could make a proper home here too? "Well, I definitely came her to start anew. There were ups and downs. It's hard to say." And what did every Winter's favourite Law have to say on the matter anyway? Prepare your goodbyes.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Nodding her head, “Thank you.” But when it came to her asking for help, it was different. She couldn’t explain it, and didn’t want to have a conversation going over the same topic over and over. It wasn’t productive, and was kinda boring.

“Having an activity like that, for everyone to participate in was a great idea." she just wished she had put in the time to join, but time had gotten away from her. “You did?!” she sounded positively excited to hear it. “And I’m glad they did. I was on the fence about it, but I figured, why not? It seemed like an easy way to spread the season.” In a way that didn’t make others uncomfortable.

It takes her a moment to think over what he asked before she gently shook her head, “You’re fine and it wasn’t rude. You’re not the first to ask me that, and you won’t be the last.” She tries to reassure him. “But the answer, if I’m being honest, is yes. Sometimes it tests the boundaries of my patience.” She’d be honest about it. Sapphires study his face, “The times we have talked, and the times I’ve worked with you, I know you deserve all the happiness and success. Just because we don’t talk everyday doesn’t mean I don’t see how dedicated you are to your club and the city.”

Looking down at her cup for a second, “I’m that way because I never had anyone like that in my life. My feelings and dreams held no meaning, and I know how lonely and painful that is. So I decided I wanted to provide as much support for everyone as I could. Give them the support to be themselves and chase what they truly want. And honestly?” a shrug, “I enjoy it. It brings me peace of mind and happiness to bring it to others. No one has had an easy life, and we all need someone who will always be in our corner. To me, it’s worth it.” Unless someone crossed her. “Do you not think you deserve happiness and success?” her question honest, her eyes caring.

“There will always be ups and downs, but I hope there are more ups. That can outweigh the downs. You seem to be developing a name and place for yourself, and it’s great! Is there more you are looking for? Something else that could make you feel at home?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Despite him liking Seraphina, it was a bit of a relief that even she got exhausted from being nice all the time. It made her a bit more relatable. "And still you never stop being there for others. Have you ever turned someone down?" She said she enjoyed it, and obviously people really adored her for it. Gerrit couldn't help but wonder if she had painted herself into a corner, though. A corner he managed to step out of.
    Her words made him blush, the bruised skin turning a bit darker around his cheeks. "Thank you for saying this. I do think I deserve happiness." Although his tone was mostly neutral anyway, the last sentence might sound a tiny bit more rehearsed.

When she told him about her motivation Gerrit looked down onto his cup. It must be her Mantle - or just the otherworldly voice - but he decided to also share a bit. "That sounds awful, I'm sorry to hear that. And I am glad to hear that you're in a better place now. I, uh, it was the same for me basically. Never had anyone to share things with for most of my life." Until he met his wife, that is. But that was in the past now. "I thought that by helping others unconditionally it would get back to me." He shrugged without looking up. "I.. don't think that anymore."

He was getting awfully close to wallowing in self-pity again. The Ogre shook his head once and looked back at Seraphina. "Don't get me wrong. Of course it's better to help others, but what was that saying again? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Maybe that didn't exactly express how he felt about the whole matter, but it came close enough.

Then she asked about what could be changed for him to feel more at home here and he shook his head again. "You're right. It's all part of life. I don't think I want anything in particular. More of the same could be good, just have stable things grow." Although they both knew that stability was probably the biggest luxury of them all among the Lost.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a bit of an embarrassed shrug of a shoulder, “I just can’t.” her voice soft as she admitted it. Another pause, “I have turned some down. It wasn’t easy, and took everything in me, but it wasn’t something that was healthy. And as I’ve grown, I’ve found my boundaries and have begun to enforce them.” Everyone had limits, even her.

A gentle nod, “Good, because you do.” Why was it hard for some to believe they deserved to be happy? It was something that always dumbfounded her.

As she listened, there was a kindness on her face, hearing his words. “Not having someone to confide in can be lonely and alienating. But I’ve learned that unconditional help will open you up to pain and being taken advantage of. I wish life was that easy, that we got back what we put into it,” a shake of her head, “but it isn’t. And it sucks.” Sucked big time. “Do you have someone to share things with now?” did he open up to his Court? They appeared close. But appearances could be deceiving. She took a moment, going over what he said, he had been hurt. Someone had hurt him deep. “You need to do what is best for you, but I hope you don’t let the past prevent you from being happy. You learned you cannot give unconditionally, and that was a life lesson. But I don’t think you should completely close the door on others. Just be careful with who you let in, make sure they are worthy of you.” How she wished she had the perfect answers.

A hint of a smirk as she nodded, “That would be the saying. And it’s a smart one, implying that one didn’t learn from the first time.” Eyes studying Liam, “Makes one more cautious going forward.” But would he shut himself off from others?

Did she believe what he said? That he didn’t want anything in particular. Everyone wanted something, it was what drove them. A chuckle, “We all want something, and being stable is a great thing, though hard to obtain. The world always seems to work against us when things begin to settle and look promising.” It was just how it went.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread