Ended
Watch

Notching Arrows

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Viggo

PRE

Viggo started getting winded at about the 20 minute mark, another souvenir of his time in the military. Still, he kept pushing while Phoenyx watched and countered every one of his attacks. When she finally ended the exercise, he had to catch his breath for a moment as she continued speaking and eventually weaving a spell if the use of High Speech said anything.

Finally, this was something he was supposed to be good at. He drew his pistols and left them on safety while Phoenyx took her shot. He nodded slightly as he watched how she used her pistol before stepping up with both of his and clicking the safeties off. He looks back with a smile and said, "Hopefully this is a little more impressive."

In a flash both pistols raised toward the target and fired, a fierce look of concentration on determination painted on Viggo's face.

6 successes

2 successes

Both rounds struck the target, the first nearly dead center. Viggo lowers his pistols making sure to click the safeties back on.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Her eyebrows twitched and a smile tugged at her lips. "Impressive. Again, please." The balance with his off-hand was certainly skillful.

Once he had done the second round of shots, she held up a hand.

"Thank you for an honest assessment of your skills. I do have some other questions."

She moves back towards the mats and begins stretching to cool down. "I have noticed you keep yourself reserved in Consilium meetings. I have no right to object to this - If I were not Councillor I would do much the same. What do you make of the Concilium so far?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo holstered his pistols and went to join Phoenyx to stretch as he answered her question. "I keep quiet because I prefer to know what I'm talking about before I speak. I haven't been here long enough to speak on matters of the Concilium with any confidence. As far as what I think of the Concilium though, I've begun to form opinions; I enjoy the people here for the most part, they all seem to come together when there are important matters at hand which is more than can be said for quite a few other cities. Most everyone is open to newcomers, which I was genuinely surprised by. All in all I'm happy with my decision to settle here."

The Arrow continued his stretches in silence for a moment before he spoke again. "It seemed like a lot of people have moved on from here for it to be a major topic of discussion. I'm surprised, honestly, but that could be my own bias from having done my own traveling already." He shrugged before falling back into his silent stretches again, having been thinking out loud more than expecting an answer.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nodded as she stretched. "That happens a lot. We experience a large amount of transience."

"Do you have any specific Arcana you wish to develop? I may be able to point you in the direction of individuals that could assist you or share similar interests."

6. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

The new Arrow simply nodded at Phoenyx's reply, but said nothing more on the matter.

On her next point of discussion, he stops stretching for a moment as he thinks. "For now, I think I would like to focus on our own ruling arcana, but I would like to add some Space into the mix eventually. Being able to use our magics at a sensory range is a major advantage, especially for us who control the elements and other forces. Lastly, the Matter Arcanum has some use in the course of investigation and security, so I think that might be a focus eventually as well."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

She nodded. "I should be able to assist in that regard, although my studies in both Space and Matter are extremely limited. I understand that Corn is a Master of Matter, should you need assistance. Belle and Crystal are our Masitgos - I am sure they can advise on Space."

Phoenyx stood back up. "For now, we watch the area around the Circle - we can set up a rota and it will help you get used to the terrain nearby." The towel was picked up and she started towards the door. "Do you have anythign else you would like to know?"

Not long left, we should look at getting wrapped up

Viggo

PRE

The Talon nodded at Phoenyx's advice. "Understood, Belle seems to be the nice enough sort. Perhaps I'll try to get ahold of her some time soon. I'm not entirely sure about Corn just yet, but I also haven't been here that long, so I'm sure that'll change over time."

As Phoenyx rose and began to leave, Viggo stood as well. "Is there anywhere I can leave my rifle? I only use it in specific situations, and I don't believe it'll do any good just sitting in my apartment. It'll be more useful here, I think. Especially once I learn the terrain."

I'm good to close after your next post if you are. Thanks for the Scene!

10. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Corn is...." Phoenyx frowned as she made sure not to be disrespectful, "... verbose. I can find it difficult to follow his points sometimes. But the rank of Master still merits respect."

There was a nod. "There are some bunks on the next floor - you can claim one to keep things there that might be difficult to explain in the home. I recommend the view from the top of the tower, atleast to begin. It is pleasantly serene." She offers a smile. "I believe we will work well together, Viggo. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me."

Thanks for the scene! Closing up now

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread