Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Feeding: Struggles in the City

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

(Feeding: Struggles in the City)Willpower 2 Spent
    PRE

failure

His beast roared in his ears as the soldier looked over the map of city, feeling the magic of his ritual failing him. He’d performed the rite properly – he knew it – he was certain of it, and yet no particular insight came to him. He felt no pull, no pulse, of the city. She remained like a distant stranger, a cold and removed lover whose glance had spurned him or whose hand remained lifeless and listless instead of warm, vibrant, and loving.

This… fucking… city.

Some part of him desired to give vent to his spleen, to give in to the fury and frenzy of the Beast. To be so rebuffed by the city’s innate magics was almost more than he could bear. His will was stronger than that, stronger than this alien city that seemed to want to fight him in every street and avenue, every road and way. His will was stronger, he mused, settling into the mantra of the thought; stronger than the beast, stronger than fate which had robbed him of the strength of his vitae and every skill he’d possessed, and certainly stronger than this alien fucking city which seemed determined to stymie him at every stance.
    He was Invictus. He was a Lord. He was of the blood of the Charpentière and he would not be denied.

3 successes

He cast up the tools, the ways and means, and gathered his will again as he worked the ritual over the map of the city, looking out with a surveying eye as the magical finally, finally, took hold and the soar of pride and vainglorious success rolled through him with an answering call that stilled the Beast inside his breast. He felt it, felt, the beating pulse of the city as he gathered up his tools and made his way out into the

The streets moved under him, with him, as he stalked them – one predator among many, perhaps, but for the moment he’d cowed the spirit of the city into unfolding this minute part of its mysteries to him. He was on a particular hunt tonight, and he knew it. He needed to feed, absolutely, but he also needed help. The soldier had too much to build, to many foundations to lay, to do them by himself.

She saw him before he ever saw her.

“Well helllllllooooo Daddy!” She cat-called, sidling up to the soldier and he turned, a warm, inviting, and almost wicked smile on his face as the pulse of the city all but ran through him and towards her like a living, thriving, throbbing, heartbeat.

“Hello to you, Ms… ?” He replied in an almost purr, the victory tasting as sweet as he knew her blood would.

“Xan,” she replied with an answering and wicked grin, “Chloe Xan. Remember my name, you’ll be screaming it later. And you?”

“Robert,” the vampire replied. “Quartermain.”

The woman’s features twisted into a smirk as she looked over him and he leaned in to murmur softly into her ear. “Though I think you’ll be calling me ‘my lord’ by tonight.”

“Into some kinky shit, eh?” She answered, laughing. “I am super down. Green all the way.”

“Somehow,” he replied as he slid one of his arms around her waist. “I knew you would be.”

2 successes

2. Likes pisces liked this post
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8