Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Concilium has gotten a lot more lively recently. Perhaps it's due to the influence of the new comers, or his mood is just that better.
    Either way, he finds himself drawn to the Circle. A cigarette in his mouth, and for once, a relaxed expression on his face.
    Once inside he'll greet the already assembled peerage. "Hello", he says, "hope everything is going well", before slumping in his seat.

2. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It took her a second. What was different about Winter?

He did appear more relaxed…maybe that was it? Whatever it was, it was a good look for him.

Free hand raised, “Hey Winter.” Standard greeting, then a shrug, “Seems to be, nothing exciting being talked about yet. How you been?”

4. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle returns Crystal's finger guns and chuckles at the Warlock's exasperation as party planner. "Careful there buddy, that crown looks like it might be a bit heavy. I'm sure we can find a time afterwards to bounce ideas off each other."

"Hey, Aurora! It's cool you're here, I was wondering if we could get some time together to hang out, maybe go over some of those language studies you mentioned?"
    She'd been looking for chances to visit with her fellow Mysterium members.

The new voice almost catches her by surprise, but she recognizes the gruff but somber tone from last Consilium.
    "Winter? Nice to meet see you again. Remember me; Belle, new Mastigos." She's not too put off by the Mage's relaxed demeanor, but it seems to make an impression on the rest of the crew. Isn't he one of the Guardians? Makes sense.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Crystal and Aurora 's suggestion about drinks in her place, Corn nodded in agreement. "Any new brew experiments, Aurora? " Then Winter showed up, slightly less gruff than usual. He even extended a greetings in ... words? Interesting development.
    "Good day to you Winter. Always good to see you reliably here. You seem to warm up to us newcomers. Give it a few years and perhaps we can even have small talk." Nah, too ambitious. Winter doing Smalltalk would be like Guru dressed and behaving like... Winter?

Not seeing Eulogy around yet, Corn asks the gathered "Anyone of you have seen Mordenchai? I want to eventually get a cup of coffee with my councilor."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes Aeolus, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal looked around the empty Circle when Aurora scolded him. At least Belle was taking it in stride.. Then again, she probably had a point. "All right, sorry 'bout that. I'll hit you up via text soon. But sure, looks like we have a date Belle. Or you know, an I.O.U. for a fun night out."

But then the Shaman made an offer that was almost better. He probably should talk to someone about Kaze leaving. Or just get blackout drunk with someone about it. "But yeah, I'll take you up that offer for a repeat of that evening. You know, to dish out some scolding myself." He said this in a playful tone and waggled his finger a bit in her direction. She either hadn't told him about any new developments in her life or she hasn't done anything to keep things moving. And he just couldn't have that for some reason.

And yes, maybe he was playing it a bit fast and lose with Aurora, but compared to Corn's stab at Winter he was downright polite and respectful. Fuck, maybe the Moros had just a better feeling for Winter's sense of humor - or maybe the Guardian's mood was so good that he could take the.. joke. Crystal instead opted for a friendly "Hello Winter. You seem to be doing quite well yourself. Any reason for that?" Or maybe they were all just kinda reading too much into the newfound verbosity.

Corn's question made the Warlock once again realize how many of the Awakened weren't around. Odd.. or maybe it was just common occurrence. Hell, he had been absent from the Circle often enough himself. "No, I don't know if he'll drop by. I could ask him if I could pass you his number if you'd like." Sure, apparently Eulogy was handing out cards with his number printed on, but that didn't mean that he would appreciate someone passing it on without asking first. Consent and all that jazz.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Mostly fine, thank you", he replies, "you're doing quite well for yourself Aurora".
    He acknowledges the new Mastigos. Last one he interacted with was the lawyer, before he served his term, "I'm a good conversationalist, I just don't have much to say. So, I listen."

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A glance to Belle, “Sure. Let me know what day works best for you and I can be home.” She didn’t remember what Belle did for a living, but Aurora did know her own personal schedule. She worked when she wanted to.

There was a look of amusement as Belle addressed Winter. Who she doubted forgot a face.

A shrug to Corn, “Not really. I need a larger setup for any meaningful type of experiments.” But she had been debating getting rid of the loft and finding something else.

Amusement danced in her eyes as Corn addressed Winter. Poor guy was getting to be the center of attention today! If he wanted or not.

Eyes narrow playfully at Crystal, “Uh huh.” Her reasons were totally valid. One hundred percent valid.

Back to Winter, “I can’t complain. Not as stressed as before, so that’s made things go well.” But she knows as soon as Guru was done with the position, she’d take it up again. At least until another Thyrsus showed up.

Nodding, “I can attest to that, excellent conversationalist.” A sage nod, she was being serious. She found him to be fun to talk with, very wise.

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Social anxiety aside, Mobius now had a running habit of treating local awakened society like she was only tourist. An occasional passerby. Well, today could be her next intersection. Ever amazed at the splendor of the Circle, she stopped outside and gazed upon its peaks, remembering the few times she had done so before. She takes a deep breath and releases it slowly - then she enters, looking as nonchalant as she could manage. Most of the faces gathered she didn't recognize, no surprise there of course. But two she did, Aurora and Winter. She meanders towards them, positioning herself nearby. That little bit of familiarity was enough safety net for her for now. She attempts to meet their gazes in turn and offers a bashful nod.

"Hey." she squeaks, "Hope I'm not intruding." a small voice, she addresses the mages gathered there.

16. Likes , Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle beams at the idea of finally getting some Warlock bonding time. "Sure thing! Just let me know and I'll work out my schedule." It would be nice getting some unique Consilium perspectives now that she'd gotten to know some names and faces.

She nods to Winter.
    "No arguments there. That's how people learn." She leaves it at that, not mentioning that she was often one to lose her temper in the presence of loudmouths.

Aurora's invitation is marked with an equal enthusiasm to Crystal's.
    "I'm sure Crystal will give me some time off from our many Warlock duties." You know: Mind and Space shenanigans. God, I need to get my Mind skills up so I can really get some crazy stuff going.

A new face shows up, and Belle decides to take some initiative. Either she was no longer the newest person in the room, or someone had crawled out of the woodwork to re-enter Mage society. Either way, Belle was eager to expand her circle of friends. "Hello there! I'm Belle, Mastigos. You from around here?" Being included in this new family of Magi had made her bold, confident enough to share names with a potential stranger.

18. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Aurora 's suggestion about the size of her brewery stuff, he said "You could do it in the Athenaum as far as I am concerned. We can work to expand it a bit if you think it would help."

Then a new person showed up. Another newcomer? She seemed to have some passive familiarity with the place, but Corn hasn't seen her in the past year. So, probably a newcomer.
    "Welcome. I am Corn, Moros, Daduchos of the Mysterium. Specializing in superstitions and alchemy. Adept of Matter. " He said with a smile.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

20. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread