Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn gave Milton her best smile, and it was as lovely as advertised. She was generous with he allies. Always. "I can see everything is going to be Jake with you around!" She paid his compliment straight forward and right back at'em. Despite the beasts constant nagging and eternal rage. "I am splendid thank you, Mr. Northbridge, and looking forward to our next meeting. I hope you are doing well since we last spoke?"

Wei Lin's appearance made her beast lurch a bit, but Quinn was the master of that beast. Her time with the Dragon's had not been idle. She knew the chains she had on that insidious hunger within were ironclad. Quinn smiled sweetly to Mr. Northbridge as he made the introduction, noting his caution, she would unburden him immediately for her part. "Good evening Ms. Wei Lin Carter, I believe I overhead you in court." She had. "With a preference at only using your first name within Kindred circles. It's nice to meet a new face, how has Sacramento been so far? Also I am unaligned, after having chosen to leave the Dragon's recently." She spoke factually. Without any emotional inflection in her tone.

Priscus Jennifer Hazelton was given a deep nod of respect, her head bowing to give the proper respect for a fellow Priscus and Valued member of the domain. She grinned seeing the final final product. Quinn was aware of her dress, but all the other incidentals were put together by the Priscus herself. Quinn thought she looked great in that dress, and all the touches were spot on!

Quinn actually giggled at Connor O'Brien's joke nodding in agreement with his assessment. The 20's were a special time. Prohibition had made many wealthy before the crash in the 30's. "There is something to be said for knowing your onions, doll!" She said with a small smile that went all the way to her eyes, as she gave Connor brief elevator eyes, looking him over.

Helen got a nod of acknowledgement, enjoying her flapper dress on her. She loved that Helen made the effort, she looked fun and festive, even if her shadow did move in mysterious and creepy ways...

Conner Wells received a two thumbs up from Quinn, as she looked over his outfit and appreciated that he seemed to be into the theme as much as everyone else. There was something about a theme court that allowed you to have a little bit of fun with things. It was the whole point. Entertainment. A little spice on top of 'everything nice' yeah?

To Mable Quinn nodded back, and grinned at her perfect-for-the-time-period-sexy-dress. Girl knew how to show off the packaging that was damn sure. She made Quinn wish she remembered how to tap dance, but that was when she was like 3 years old when she started those lessons. That would be a stretch.

I am definitely good with a side thread for any and all who wanna join

2. Likes , , BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

(Vice resist)Willpower 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Wei Lin amused herself in trying to count the shades of indifference in Milton's smile; there was a lot. At least he was polite about it and, for once, had their name right.

"Pleased to meet you, Priscus Durant," they greeted, paying a bow to the woman as her position asked for. The warm smile was for not just hearing but following through the simple request of the correct naming. "And thank you for respecting that preference," In difference to some others, "it's making me feel welcome."

"Sacramento has been..." they pause, looking for the right word and taking that moment to greet Priscus Hazelton with a bow. "Most pleasing so far. I have found what I wanted, I believe."

Though she had lost some already as well. Dirt Nap leaving so abruptly had been strange, and it seemed the leaving was contagious around here. Why did Quinn leave? Was it that she was disappointed, or disillusioned, or something more nefarious? No, no, no, don't even think about it, just move on, not your business, not here it isn't! Wei Lin consoled herself, a smile plastered on her face, hiding her teeth clenched so hard somebody could probably pick up the sound of the grinding. The incessant need to figure out what the deal was here, to scoop up the secrets from Quinn's skull with the ice-cream spoon in those little perfect circles and then dine on them all night was...

The Connor's arrival heralded by the irksome shudder of danger was such a welcome distraction from the obsessive thoughts, they almost hugged the man. Thankfully, they managed to stop in time; getting their head bit off for touching someone else's boyfriend rather than rude questions wasn't much better. Were they officially in the relationship even? Come on, more social, less maniac, you got it.

"Mr. O'Brien, don't remind me. I was learning english around that time and I still don't have the faintest idea what applesauce has to do with nonsense. Maybe that's the point," they laughed, sounding far more genuine than they actually felt. "I do agree that everybody look absolutely fetching tonight."

Another Haunt's entrance was met with hardly the same joy, if any. Perhaps someday, but today Wei Lin only paid a performative nod of the head, touching their fedora briefly. "Miss Kingsley." With Wells' coming in as well they all started to look like a crowd rather then gathering, the others' presence making the Succubus feel surrounded and not in the fun way.

It wasn't helped in the slightest as Wells used their surname. Again. There was clearly a misunderstanding going on there, and one better cleared up without maybe embarrassing the man and his terrible memory. "And, please, call me Wei Lin, Miss Kingsley. Two words, one name. Greeting, Pastor Wells," they threw a meaningful stare at the man along with a light bow of greetings.

Finally, Mable, however pretty the woman might be, was stretching the Beast's patience too tight. "Good evening to you as well, Miss Wood."

Taking the moment when the conversation hit a natural pause, Wei Lin stepped aside looking for a slightly quieter corner. And finding it by Jennifer's side with bonus points of trying on her social graces in a wholly another way.

"What a pretty little thing, don't you think, Priscus Hazelton?" the Succubus noted, looking over the miniature ship in fascination.

Continued in Around the Bireme...
    BP: 2

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

As Kindred look about court, they spot the Kindred who have made themselves known about Court of late.
    Ms. Simone Perez, Ms. Mariposa Sánchez, Mr. Edison Jake and Ms. Stacey Clark are grouped together, standing in a corner of the room. Simone looks displeased and can be heard ‘You promised you would give her the letter at last Court. I relied on you, Ms. Sánchez. Now I look unreliable.”
    Simone is an unassuming Latino woman. Her Beast rolls out to greet the others. BP 3 Her stocky body is well-muscled, and scarred. Her short, straight black hair is brushed back and pinned with a small clip into some more passable style for Formal Court. She presented herself in a blue dress, embellished with fringe and the style of the roaring 20s. A scar at her collarbone peeked out, three lines that resembled claw marks. A man, no doubt a ghoul, follows after Simone carrying a manilla folder, sealed with blue wax.
    Mariposa is Mexican - American and wears a white dress of the 20s, which looks vintage, over her plus size figure. Mariposa wears a sparking diamond tennis bracelet on her left wrist. Ms. Sánchez accented her dark brown eyes with shimmering light blue eyeshadow that looked fetching. Mr. Edison Jake wore a simple suit that fit the 20s theme, white dress shirt and a purple pocket square. He was a Black man wearing his natural hair about two inches long.
    Stacey Clark wore a 20s flapper dress in brilliant lipstick red, her blonde hair falling in cascading waves. Her fair light skin was carefully made up with peach lipstick and light brown eyeshadow, bringing out her blue eyes. Striking Looks 2: Alluring

Sanchez, Clark and Jake all have obfuscated their Beasts. Mariposa makes a whispered apology. Simone and the three with her make their way over to the group. The four make appropriate respects to Priscus Hazelton and Priscus Durant. Simone and Mariposa curtsy to Priscus Durant first.

“Good evening." Simone nods to those around the Priscus, starting with Whip O'Brien and Mable Wood. "Apologies for my absence, Priscus Durant. I had entrusted a letter to be given to you that was not delivered. I have a report on the issue we have been investigating.”
    A sealed manilla folder is offered to Priscus Durant.

“My apologies, Priscus Durant. I was lightly injured the other night, relating to the investigation, and I forgot the delivery.” Mariposa spoke, her head lowered in contrition.

Vincenzo stands with Mr. Anthony Hoyle, appearing deep in conversation. Vincenzo’s face is pockmarked from life. His head is buzzed to nearly bald; his face is all lines. His hands are rough and calloused, although carefully manicured for the evening. He wears a brown suit with a purple pocket corner, silver pin on his lapel in the insignia of the Lancea Sanctum.
    Mr. Anthony Hoyle is a gentleman who is white - haired, respectable looking. His cufflink jewels suggest his clan is Ventrue. He is BP 4
    Mr. Royce Waldorf, an older gentleman with white hair, styled in a well-groomed fashion from the 40's, wore an expensive looking suit from the 20’s with amethyst jewels in his cufflinks and tie bar. He is BP 4
    “Are you certain you were not in San Francisco in 2000, Mr. Hoyle?” Vincenzo is inquiring.
    “San Francisco?” The other man appears to think. “Yes, I visited San Francisco. I believe it to be in the 90’s, however. Not 2000. Why do you ask?”
    “90s? No, I was in San Francisco for the early 2000s. I know that I met someone who looked like you.”
    Mr. Hoyle chuckles good naturedly, replying. “You need to check your files, sir.
    I have a childe, Ghalen Hoyle. My Sire, Seneschal Duer, also sired a cousin of mine in life, named Thomas Hoyle. Perhaps you met one of them?”

Vincenzo looks at Mr. Hoyle, deep in thought.
    “Perhaps.” He smiles slightly, though it doesn’t touch his eyes. “I must be mistaken, my apologies.”

Mr. Waldorf stands apart, looking over the Kindred in attendance.

Face claims Stacey Clark

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Themed Courts always seemed to please everyone. A chance to dress in something different, and there was usually an easier conversation. More relaxed.

Well, at least that’s how they had been when she first arrived in the Domain. And she hoped tonight, and more like them, would bring that back.

Thing with the 20’s? She hated the fashion from them. Oh she had been alive and well for them, but dreaded the dresses. The Savage was perhaps the oldest Kindred within the Domain, though she wasn’t sure on Twists true age. But she’d never ask.

The dress she wore was one she had sent over from Italy. Her home city of Sicily as a matter of fact. Deciding on a more elegant look for the night, the silver of the dress hung on her body, and hugged each curve where it needed to. The details of the stitching were very intricate, each done by hand. The pearls she wore were real, from her mother’s collection, the delicate diamonds in the hair piece catching the soft glow of the lights. Dark hair was done in a fitting style for the era.

Gabriel, also dressed for the theme, would step out of the office, opening the door for the Prince.

Entering, she pauses, both to see what Jacque had done, and to settle her Beast against the wave of weakness. Pacing, snarling, wanting blood, it begged in her ear. But shoved into its corner. There would be no violence.

Fully walking in, nods were given to Kindred of note. A deeper nod to Jennifer Hazelton , as a lady of the First Estate. Seemed the faceless were returning. Looking to make names for themselves? Or a nuisance? Time would tell.

The Savage remained standing where she was, far enough away to not join any of the conversations. But close enough to observe.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Tatted up)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Barfly
    Blood Potency
    Samantha
    Samantha

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Few people could be more obsessed with the past than the kindred, she knew. Still, did her grand entrance need to be a damn costume party? She managed to throw a little something together though.

Frivolity aside, Samantha wouldn't allowed herself to be lulled into forgetting how important this night might be. She hesitated but a moment at the threshold to Elysium, crossed her arms - tracing circles along her bicep with her index finger. Anticipation was growing inside her, and she gritted her teeth before taking the plunge into the lights of a new domain.

As her vision adjusted, she could take in the sights of the building, and she was impressed despite herself. Certainly not the sort of club she would typically attend, but it was luxurious to say the least. Her eyes soon fell upon some the this evening's other guests - and the beast stirred itself awake. Her constant companion, it wanted her to claim this place, to paint the walls with the blood of those who would pollute her presence. It would be easy to give in. Just let it go.

Then came pain, and a snap to reality. She had bitten her tongue, and spared herself quite an embarrassing faux pas on her first night. She forced a sigh of relief. Trying to play it off gracefully, she meandered a little further into the scene, hoping to identify just who it was that would be worth knowing, here in Sacramento.
    | Aspect of the Predator

10. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy entered neither early nor late invitation in hand just incase no one recognized the hideous cresture in the twenties costume. This was an internal joke for today the Nosferatu came in tweed. A brown tweed flat cap and matching pants. An off white cotton shirt tucked in under button suspenders and brown leather loafers completed the outfit.

Bellemy's exposed face scanned the group of decorated kindred. The beast flared it's eternal hatred and aggression but was promptly ignored.

Bellemy bowed low from the waist to the prince followed by several other bows to each esteemed member of court with varying degrees of deference. Once the obligatory salutations were complete the haunt spoke "Happy Halloween." to no one in particular before moving off to find entertainment.

Curse: See Minisheet

12. Likes , pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The first outfit that had come to mind to wear upon hearing the theme for Court was the flapper dress. It was nearly impossible to think of the 1920's in America without that image coming to mind. Or so she had been told.

Which is ultimately why she did not go with it.

Next was a suit. Pinstriped and not black. But that wouldn't be the true focus of the outfit. The focus would have been the Thompson 1928 that she would have carried under her arm. And the idea of seeing if anyone would question if it was real or not, loaded or not, tickled her for a number of days.

In the end though, she went with a different iconic.

Ignoring the whispers of her Beast that black was best to hide blood, she breezed past the coat check. Maybe next themed court she would bring a tommy gun.

Inside the court proper she paused, scanning for those of note, locking away the howling of her beast as she did so.

There. Spotting the form of Alessandra , Twist dropped into a low curtsy, a graceful move despite the dress not being made for such, and held it for a long moment. When she did rise, her next offered respects went to Jennifer Hazelton and Quinn Durant , not seeing Jacque yet. Deep nods to her fellow Priscus.

Others were gathered that she knew. Or at least... had seen before. And a few she hadn't. Dark eyes did not hide the once overs she gave. She had not always been Hound, nor Invictus. But she had always been Daeva.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

14. Likes , pisces, DeepSeas liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Maeve finally makes her way into Elysium for court. Theme is Roaring 20s. Kinda cute. Allows her to get into a fancier spirit. She'd considered wearing a suit again, but she didn't want to over wear the style. So, stringy, flapper dress it is! With the help of a few mundies, she managed to find a nice, mid-thigh length, black dress with beautiful fringe for the skirt. The neckline is plunging, which is her favorite given the curvy nature of her slightly larger, curvy body. As she's always thought, fuck being stick thin when you can have curves for days.

When she makes it inside, she takes a short pause before going through the doorway. Things are going to be intense, which she hates. It's why she didn't go to last court. She just wanted a break from all the stupid politics. But here she is. It's mandatory after all.

She makes a quick check list in her head. Knowing she's late, she knows she'll have to do a nod or bow to everyone there. Eyes will be on her, which she hates. The Shadow would rather lurk as a Shadow and leave it at that.

Going inside, she finds herself somewhat enchanted by the costumes. They're beautiful. Beaded art deco gown after gown with fringe. The Prince's gown was particularly beautiful of note.

Okay. Here we go.

The first thing Maeve does is give a long bow to the Prince before proceeding to bowing slightly less deep and shorter for the other court officers. She gives nods where they are due and some friendly smiles to others. At the same time, she can feel that anxiety build in her. The call of her beast, raging with fight or flight is almost too much given the anxiety she already walked in with.

Breathe. Even though you don't need to. Mental breath. Yes. That.

Once she has paid her dues, like she'd been taught and has tried her best to comply with (after all, she doesn't want to disappoint Jennifer), she makes her way over to Conner and the rest of the group that has gathered about with him. He's been a life line in all of this, even though she hates the idea of 'clinging to a man'. It's not clinging, it's utilizing an existing support network. Yes. That's what she'll call it. And besides, the others in the group are tolerable too, even nice to speak to. Mostly Mable and even Milton isn't so bad. Connor has also always been oddly nice to her. Then there are the couple she hasn't really spoken to yet. Or met for that matter.

Good, new people means they don't know my reputation yet.

"Hello," she says quietly, "Hopefully I'm not intruding." She says to the group, "Fun little theme we got going on here. You all look-" hot as fuck. Stop brain. "awesome."

"I'm Maeve O'Ryan, but I really prefer Maeve,"
    She introduces herself to Wei Lin. She really does hate the Ms. O'Ryan bullshit. She looks gently expectantly to them for an introduction.
    | BP 2

16. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton smiles and returns Jennifer's nod. His is deeper than the one she's offered him. Deference where it is due. Beyond that, he respects her silence. The Lord is simply pleased to see the Priscus of Haunts is present.

Connor appears with his typical flourish, flaunting his age at that. How nice. "Very well, Mr. O'Brien," Milton replies. "Thank you for asking." That bland smile stays fixed on his waxen features, like a fading advertisement plastered to a wall.

"Ah, and here is your cousin," as Helen approaches. "Hello, Ms. Kingsley," internally wrangling his Beast. "Trust the carpenters...?" He asks, clearly a little confused. Whatever could she mean? Is it an insult?The very possibility rankles his Beast.

The local Lance arrives and Milton turns his unblinking gaze on the Shadow, his smile becoming a touch sardonic, "Good to see you, Pastor."

From priest to priestess, Milton's attention flicks to Mable. He returns her smile, almost laughing at her greeting. Almost.

To Quinn, now: "My nights continue to be busy, Priscus Durant. But, of course, you know that's how I prefer them." His voice is not so wooden when speaking to the Priscus of Shadows. She is familiar, at least compared to the rest. "I expect we should be ready to meet very soon indeed, " he adds, looking pleased for a fleeting moment.

And then the Prince arrives and all pleasantries fade into the background. Milton executes a bow of such depth and duration that, were he living, he'd likely experience a dizzy spell. The time spent in supplication allows the Lord to reign in the terror of his Beast. He straightens, finally, only to see that Twist has also made her entrance. Down he goes again, offering a bow to the Prince's Hound that is not quite as deep or as long as the one he's just given to Alessandra.

Again, he straightens, finding that Maeve has joined them. Staid, brown eyes inspect the Shadow. The smile he offers her is close to genuine, which is rare for Milton. "Ms. O'Ryan," he says. "A pleasure to see you." He's aware she's just requested that her familiar name be used. But the forms must be obeyed. And, in the end, it's a little funny, persisting in his formality when she's asked that it be avoided.

With that, he moves a step closer to the Bireme, joining Wei Lin...

Continued in Around the Bireme...
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer immediate curtseys to the Prince. The curtsy is held to the appropriate level to indicate deep respect to the leader of the Domain.
    The Lady now gives a deep curtsy to the Archon, a shade less than the one to the Prince. The Archon was a pillar of the Domain, and deserving of respect.
    “Whip O’Brien.” A smile to her family member as well as a nod to show the respect that she would expect to be shown to him. “Madame Kingsley, it is good to see you. Mr. Wells, good evening. Mabel.”
    A nod of respect to the Lancea Sanctum leader and the new Hierophant.
    “Priscus Durant.” Jennifer nods to her fellow Priscus, a friendly smile given to her.

“Wei Lin, I agree. It is quite impressive. Whoever made it should feel quite proud.” Brown eyes tick to Mr. Northbridge expectantly.
    “Mr. Northbridge.” A nod, one she usually reserves to those recognized in the Domain. “Good evening.” She gave the man a smile of welcome.
    Brown eyes note Bellemy and she gives the woman a nod and warmer look. The woman did not appear to come close enough to hear a spoken greeting.
    “Excuse me.” Jennifer had spotted the newcomer.
    “I do not want a repeat of ‘Edward throws a newcomer to the lions’ scene.” The Lady gave Mr. Northbridge a knowing look.
    Jennifer made polite nods to those around her and slowly extracted herself from the group.

As she walks, she notices Maeve. Maeve is given a nod and a 'Good evening".

She strode with confidence to Samantha. The ghoul, a white man with dark hair, followed behind, holding the pocket book. Jennifer paused a conversational distance from Samantha.
    “Good evening.” She greeted the newcomer. Her voice was supernaturally Cursed. It sounds like a serpent slithering over fallen leaves. It had a supernatural aspect. Jennifer spoke at a conversation volume and her words were not difficult to understand, yet her voice could be alarming. The Nosferatu waited for a minute. Allowing the newcomer to process the unusual sound of her voice without being overwhelmed by information.
    “I am Lady Notary Jennifer Hazelton, Priscus of the Nosferatu. Please call me Priscus Hazelton. I would like to indicate you to Prince Alessandra Antinori, Lady of the First Estate and Priscus of the Gangrel.” Jennifer indicates the Prince with a repeat of her earlier curtsy, held to the appropriate level to indicate deep respect to the leader of the Domain. “There is a Law that one does not approach her Grace without the Prince’s personal invitation.”
    “One would call her Prince in this context.”
    “I shall indicate Her Grace, Alder Archon Twist, Duchess of Sacramento. Priscus of the Daeva.”
    Jennifer indicated the Archon with a polite nod of her head.
    Now Jennifer turns to face the newcomer, careful to not turn her back on Prince, Archon, or Priscus Durant . Her look is expectant, ready to listen to the newcomer.

Samantha and anyone wishing to speak with them can move here
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread