Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Talking to a Dragon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Aug 31, 2009 : Breakfast at the Boarding House
Oct 1, 2021 : (2110) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I'm glad to skip over the calling part and get right to meeting in person then, Wei Lin. Likewise, you can call me just 'Dirt Nap' without the Mister, if you like." Dirt Nap says.

He stares then, perhaps hungrily, waiting for the Daeva to reveal her business with him in the time and manner of her choosing.

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Thank you, I will take you up on it, Dirt Nap."

Wei Lin followed the man to the corner with another look around just in case. Being cautious paid well, even in the safety of Elysium.

She did not miss the hungry look in his eyes, knowing it all too well. She was very familiar with that particular one, the itch of a mystery waiting to be solved, and her smile turn to a satisfied grin before she replied.

"You must wonder why I was looking for you..." a little pause, just to build up the anticipation. Even if it was an easy secret to reveal, it was pleasing to find a kindred soul. "I was told you are the man to talk with here in Sacramento if one wishes to join Ordo Dracul."
    BP: 2

4. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods appreciatively when Wei Lin seems content to address him as he asks. Most people around here seem to have trouble with that simple thing. It speaks of a flexible mind, and being able to take someone as they are instead of as they are want to be.

He shows no real response at all when Wei Lin builds anticipation, though to be fair he is already staring with intense focus, so he couldn't really be any more attentive even if it does have the air of a hawk staring at a hare.

Then she says what she's got on her mind.

"Well." Dirt Nap says.

He is silent for a full minute, though still staring at Wei Lin, not off into empty space and not looking dazed or thrown off. Possibly calculating.

"That would be me alright." He says.

6. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

He watches them, and they watch him. It's a little staring game of their own, and Wei Lin is quietly amused, as they wait for the response.

"I am most happy to hear I have the right man," Wei Lin sing-songs, tilting her head to the side with a playful grin. It shows off a little of her neck under the glittering collar of the undershirt. She clasps her hands behind her, breasts forward, eyes calculating.

After all, reactions to a blatant provocation can be just as insightful as something subtle.

"Perhaps we can meet up later to discuss this matter further? Somewhere... in private."

They shoots a challenging look from under the hooded eyelashes, gold eyeshadow glittering in the low lightning, highlighting the color of their eyes.

8. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at the provocative behavior, and chuckles very softly.

"I suppose I should say, I am not ignoring you at all, Ma'am. Wei Lin, that is."

He says, pausing long enough to create some doubt as to whether he's done speaking entirely.

""I should also probably say, I am not the best at conversating, neither." He adds.

"Now as to becoming a Dragon."

Dirt Nap waits a full minute, staring.

"Well. It's for sure and for certain best to talk that idea through in private. The thing being, I'm between places to have a talk like that right now, so it'll be a minute before that can happen. Likely you will have a place like that set up before I do."

10. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Curious.

Wei Lin's seductive facade falls into something a little bit more relaxed and genuine. It was always better to have a Kindred who didn't want to get in her pants to work with than the other way around.

"Oh, don't sell yourself short. I'm quite enjoying our little chat."

She smirks, making a step forward. Hands clasped behind the back, the nervous clench safely hidden. Letting someone in again feels dangerous, but what is unlife without a little risk? And if that risk proves too much, always better to deal with it on her own territory.

"You are certainly welcome to my Haven, if that is the case. After all, if our talk goes well, we'll be quite... close, you and I."

12. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods slightly when Wei Lin compliments his conversating. He doesn't retreat one bit when she steps closer either. In fact he actually seems to lean in slightly and his teeth show just a little in what could be called a smile though it's obviously unconscious and seems more hungry than friendly.

"Well. If you have a place for private talk already, that would be best. I can give you that telephone number to call when it's a good time for you." He offers so softly as to only be audible someone in his personal space, even to supernatural senses.

He's perfectly still and silent for a full minute then, until he suddenly breaks his quiet and intense staring by saying, "I suppose the Archon filled you in and got you all official then. Did she mention not to go over and try to talk to The Prince without her coming over to you first? And not to never put the word, 'my' in front of whatever title you use? I'm partial to'Your Highness' lately, myself."

14. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

They don't miss the hunger in the blue eyes, intrigued by the reason for it. Physical or maybe more of a mind? Satisfying that hunger might get them far in their goals, but knowing it needed caution and time, so not to spook the hungry Beast before them.

"Oh, I have yours. Here," Wei Lin's voice is as soft as his, the low tones like a velvet's caress in the intimate space between the two. They deftly pick a card from the small clutch mostly hidden in their wide sleeves and offer it to Dirt Nap. The small peace of tasteful hard paper contains only the phone number in the flowing red cursive on the black background. "My number, just in case."

Wei Lin doesn't shy away from an intense gaze, matching it with her own, small smirk playing on her lips. She listens, adding a little laugh for 'Your Highness'.

"Indeed. As much as it can be cumbersome to curb my curiosity and not try to meet Her Highness. For 'my' in titles, I learned that long ago. Did enough business with the First Estate back in San Francisco. I do appreciate your concern, though, Dirt Nap."

They offer a nod, throwing a somewhat distracted glance at where the Prince resided.

"Do you like it here, in Sacramento? As a newcomer, I'm curious of the impression from a more long time resident."

16. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, accepting the card. Listening. Staring. He's not put off by the return stare they give. He doesn't really seem to notice or else accepts it easily without a comment.

He listens intently when Wei Lin says they know from experience how to behave with Invictus.

Then they ask about the city.

"It's fine. The Prince keeps everything on the up and up and steady like. It's been pretty quiet, relative like, for a couple years at least." He says.

"One thing is that people have come and gone real quick. Makes it a challenge to build up anything to last."

18. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Oh? You don't find it boring, then?" After all, there's little distance between stable and stagnant. Some excitement can be good for the soul, if the Kindred even have one.

They hum, seemingly thinking about what Dirt Nap said, green eyes returning their gaze to him, a little assessing now.

"It is often in our nature to drift through this world, not constrained by much. It's a means to meet a lot of new people at least, no? Unless something here makes them move."

There's only curiosity heard in the question, but Wei Lin's mind was filled with worry once again. She hadn't heard anything particularly bad, but it won't be strange to find secrets of the Domain too dark for her to handle. And then, she would have to move, again.

20. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread