Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Friends At the Table

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2021 : (2109) Autumn Equinox
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam sits enraptured by Worm's storytelling; even if he'd already seen the events, it was interesting to hear through the Goblin's white-within-white eyes and excited candor. He raises a glass at the mention of Anatole's promotion. "Good for him too, I say." He looks like he's been through a lot. I'm sure Rhodes really appreciates his work.At the mention of "making history" Liam slams his drink down and points to Circe with a broad smile. "Duck Tales!" He pauses, coughs a bit embarrassed at the outburst. "Sorry, just happy I got the reference." He checks to make sure he didn't accidentally dent the table.

He shrugs to Ram. "I'm sure Rhodes will mention something before we all leave. Or maybe he'll use that fancy news board we got up." He'd already spent plenty of time looking at past accomplishments, and wondering the stories behind figures like 'Iron Meg'. "So you'll get to see Under-Funderland! Let me know if you need a little extra lifting power." He gives a friendly flex of one branchlike limb, slender yet well-muscled.

He leans forward and whispers conspiratorially to the three.
    "So, what favors are you thinking of asking for?" The Ogre's curious mind was swirling with ideas, but he was curious what the Goblin, the Render, and the Summer Queen might want...or what they think Rhodes could give.

2. Likes Origins liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm fidgets with the zipper of his track suit while his friends chat. Zipping it up and down quickly to make a funny sound.

Rules? None listed. "What she said," adds Worm, poking a thumb at the Summer Monarch. "Well, I guess there's one: everybody that signs on has gotta take a Scout's-Honor-Honesty-Pledge." Which doesn't bother Worm. He's rarely anything but truthful.

Looks between Circe and Liam. Duck-tails? Beats him. He'd been in the jungle when it was airing.

"Tunnels? What tunnels?" Lots is going over the Goblin's head. That's alright. Zip zip.

Liam asks after their reward and Worm realizes he hasn't even given it thought. "Huh, dunno. What about you big guy?"

Puff puff on the vape.

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram gave a slight chuckle. “I meant, I’m swamped right now between Frances, getting ready to kill my fetch, going on patrol with newbies, and the orchard operation. And that if I have free time once one of those is done, I promised to help with the tunnels first.” He considered.

“I guess I could spend less time around Funderland socializing this Season. Use the time to go hunting instead.” It wasn’t Summer anymore after all. He didn’t need to be around as a representative.

His brow creased a bit “Flooded area?” He should probably check the board more. See where things were with the tunnel and if Sera still needed his help. The same apparently applied to Worm. “There are old tunnels below Funderland that need exploration, rehabilitation, and eventually… hopefully, building a whole underground complex for the Freehold.”

Liam's question elicited a shrug from Ram "Don't know. Honestly, he's been pretty helpful when I ask him for stuff. Though I guess most of that was just knowledge things Autumn does anyway." Or at least they should "Probably save it for roping him into supporting battle at some point in the future. Or lending a magic item?" Ram shrugged again since he had Circe to help with that as well. "Probably just save it till I think of something."
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Liam getting the reference made Circe visibly happy, "Glad someone did, keeps me from feelin' old."

"Oooh, let me know when yer goin' on a hunt Ram. I've been building up my arsenal, but ain't had the time ta use it. Use it or lose it and such," she looks to the others, "Anybody need anything fer this big hunt? Bat? Spear? Nail bat? Dart pistol? Won't take long ta make 2 or 3, working on four."

Rewards? "Something with rotors and flight capable," was Circe's quick response to the Ogre's inquiry of favors. "And a remote control. I'm not going ta ask fer something creepy. Truly," the elfin Summer shrugs as she nods towards Worm, "I ain't put much thought inta it either. Get what ya want with yer own strength, Summer and all." She does however have a small criticism for the others. Well, for Ram. "I'm pretty sure Rhodes would offer support fer the asking dude. That's like asking fer vacation on a day when yer work would be closed anyway. Redundant," after a moment her ears droop down as she hums. Old memories come up, "Barring union fiscal matters ta turn extra profit of course. Or if is something he'd be embarrassed ta do, ooh, idea fer my prize."

Circe points to Ram when he answer's Worm's tunnel question, "That is why I said I had a shitty time with dirty rats," then turns to Ram, "I know Templeton is cleanly now," then back to Worm, "I was being literal on both accounts. We cleared the shit out and yes," turning back to Ram, "Sera found stuff about river tours that stopped going because the tunnels are flooded. So, Imma get a swimming drone before anybody goes fer a dip. Why should be kind of obvious."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam ponders his friend's responses. Sounds like the best bet right now is to wait until they actually win their boon rather than count chickens before they'd hatched. "Well, I'd been wondering about Onero...Oni...the dream magic stuff. Rhodes mentioned once that he's taught people before. Maybe I could try developing it." Liam was willing to step outside his comfort zone if it meant getting a broader skill set to help his Court.

The mention of weapons causes Liam to look down at his hands. He frowns slightly. "Nets maybe? Rhodes did say 'dead or alive'. Or maybe some kind of shackles." ​Depending on the nature of their quarry, it wouldn't hurt to have non-lethal options.

He looks to Ram and Worm, beaming proudly at the mention of the tunnel expedition. "We cleared out some tunnels underneath Funderland. There's a central chamber that Cass and Sera think would make a good gathering place someday; once we clear out the garbage, of course. There are some rats down there, but I've been coaxing them into being more friendly to us. I'm hoping to start learning some Contracts to talk to them directly." He looks to Ram, wondering if he's sounding a little un-Ogreish. "Stone is all well and good, but until something to smash comes along, might as well diversify."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Walking up, she offers a smile, “Mind if I join you guys?” she asks. Knowing it wouldn’t be a problem, but it was always polite to ask. Just in case.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Wait, hold up..." Worm says to Ram, "kill your fetch, huh?" He's not just gonna let the Ogre drop that little tidbit and walk away. He leans forward, clearly interested. "So...what's the plan?"

Arsenals are discussed, ideas sketched, but Worm's got his gear and he likes it. "Well, knowing Rhodes, our most effective weapon will be our minds," he says, tapping his noggin with a long, red finger. Impossible to tell if he's serious and a little naive, or joking poorly. He probably doesn't know himself. "I mean, that guy doesn't just offer a straight up hunt. This is gonna be some most dangerous game shit."

As if he's just remembered something: "Do you think he'd give me a kiss if we bring home the bacon? And not like a peck on the cheek either. A real, wet one, you know?" Again, irony level totally unclear.

Sera approaches: "Hey! Sera! I was just wondering if your husband would make out with me if we win it big at the hunt. What d'you think?"

White-within-white eyes find the growing crowd around the Dread Lord in the archive: "Looks like folks are already signing up. Y'all want to head over in a minute, sign our names on the dotted line?" He taps the present on the table beside him, "Gotta make a delivery anyway."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“Huh? Oh, no. I was talking about this hunt,” he clarified pointing to Rhodes. “Though I still need to go Hedge Beast hunting at some point for the materials you want. On the other hand, maybe this will net some good trophies too."

Ram nodded in agreement when Circe said the Autumn King probably wouldn’t need to owe a favor to help out, since that was what Ram had experience so far.

Ram did his best to keep up with the tunnel update and resolved to check the bulletin board next time he got the chance. He wasn’t sure what the look Liam gave him was and he returned it with a quizzical tilt of his head and horns. Was he worried Ram would judge him for talking with rats. He gave a shrug.

“I mean, sounds useful. Especially if we’re going to have them stick around. Or even if we decide to move ‘em. Sending a diplomat is a good idea before declaring war.” Though it sometimes ended with the diplomat killed, or enchanted into sleep. Ram scratched his horns as Sera approached.

“Hey Sera, of course. We were just talking about the tunnel expeditions. Did you still want me to help with that?” Might as well ask since she was here.

He nodded to Worm. “Yeah, Me, Circe, Gerrit, and Titania have got a plan to blitz its fire station while it's all alone, so I can replace it. Should be a breeze,” he said with a confident, happy smile. Not realizing how much he'd just jinxed himself.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, , Aeolus liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe grabs herself a drink to cover her amusement at Liam's inability to pronounce oneiromarchy. Or was it oneiromancy? "There's two of 'em Liam, both difficult ta master. Such hard words ta pronouncy, but with effort victor is on the marchy." she shrugs. Circe was a Summer and very physical in her fights. Her skill in Dreams was lacking.

Circe raises her glass when Ram speaks of diplomacy, "Yes! Summer I may be, but allies I adore freely. Especially since I'm a mercante di minaccia."

Circe turns upon Seraphina when she arrives, a clearly fake expression of anger on her face. "No. No girly girls allowed. Only boys, tomboys, and muck cleaners." Then gasps, "Wait, ya did that last one, yer fine ta stay."

"Have ya talked ta Sonja yet about being the Pied Piper Liam? She talks with dogs," Circe then pauses in thought. "I think she communicates with 'em via Contract, but given Sonny is Sonny?" The next part she says has a tone of clear praise, "She could have just learned ta speak dog or be fucking with everyone," the Summer Queen breaks into laughter at the last word. She could see Sonja doing that.

"We gots a decent plan fer it disposing of it too," she assures Ram on the Fetch termination plot. Jinxes are popular with Summers.

"Dart guns are non-lethal and I've heard some stories," she sips her beverage, "Knock a witness out, splash booze on them and leave the bottle in their hands. They fill in their own blanks. Great way ta take something down alive or," Circe's red and black eyes narrow as she looks to Ram, "A good way ta deal with witnesses ya can't kill." So she was still a little salty about the not having time to get one.

"Eh," Circe shrugs then quickly eats her fruit and chugs her drink when Worm comments on the crowd. "Why not Worm? We should ulna know what we're hunting ta marrow down our hunting supplies." This was logical to Circe.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam gives a brief sigh of relief as Ram and Circe approve of his efforts at training his more Spring-ish skills. ​"I know Circe mentioned the possibility of a rat moat as a defensive measure. I'm not sure if they'd be too persuaded to do that, but they could at least be good spies and lookouts."

Ram mentions killing his Fetch, and Liam's face pales. "Wait, really? You found it here?" The Giant was a bit behind on his knowledge of magical and Arcadian things, but even he knew just an inkling of Fetches. "Best be careful with that. If it's anything like you are now, I'm sure it'll be scary."

Liam beams as Sera joins the group at the table. "Please! Join us." He gestures broadly but carefully at the four already there. Sera was a nice distraction from talk of Fetches. Liam almost chokes on his drink at Worm's suggestion for his boon. "Well, I think Rhodes would accept any suggestion. But he might not accept if it's something it's not in his power or wants to grant." He tries to delicately put it that Rhodes might take offense at the gesture, though Liam does look to Sera to gauge her reaction. Not that he was afraid the Spring Monarch would lash out at Worm, but more to see if his assessment of Rhodes was correct.

"I've talked with her a little bit. Right now I'm practicing with Templeton to make sure I don't accidentally offend any critters."
    Rat customs were something he hadn't quite imagined he'd need to know, or if they even existed. But it might help to know in case some rodent-like Hob showed up.

"You guys can go ahead, I'll be right over there after I finish this." ​Liam gestures to his meal. He didn't want to approach the Fall Monarch with his mouth full.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread